Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,320 members, 7,808,076 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:46 AM

Yoruba, Igbo And Media Warriors By Olusegun Adeniyi - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba, Igbo And Media Warriors By Olusegun Adeniyi (2366 Views)

Buhari's Questionable Deal With Qatar - Olusegun Adeniyi / Buhari May Keep Petroleum Portfolio For Himself - Olusegun Adeniyi / In Losing Power, Goodluck Jonathan Finally Finds Himself-olusegun Adeniyi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Media Warriors By Olusegun Adeniyi by russellino: 10:30am On Aug 23, 2013
Aigbofa:

Ibos started it with their endless cries of "Awolowo took my garri and gave me 20 pounds"

Some igbos started it so your contribution to humanity is to promote hatred and vicious bigotry. Both sides have ppl who are guilty of this and you all have helped radicalise millions of people who visit this site. I leave you all to your God
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Media Warriors By Olusegun Adeniyi by seunmsg(m): 10:36am On Aug 23, 2013
Nice article by segun Adeniyi. The educated elites in Nigeria (including those on NL)should be in the forefront of promoting unity and tolerance. All these competition on who can come up with more disgusting hate thread and comments about other tribe should stop. Moderators should also promote the unity of Nigeria by putting this thread on the front page. If the FFk article and the igbo response could make front page, I don't see why this should not.
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Media Warriors By Olusegun Adeniyi by russellino: 10:41am On Aug 23, 2013
BlackBaron:
Such as ...?
Say Afenifere which is akin to Ohaneze issued such comments?

Not like he has denied it. Anyway the comment is right there on his twitter's timeline.

I'm old enough to remember the daughter Modupe Adelaja a then minister under OBJ and daughter of late yoruba leader say "ibos should stick to their spareparts business". She said it at a speech on armed forces remembrance day. Which igbo leader has ever come out to spit such dirty venom about the yoruba race. Who called her to order in yorubaland? Nobody

As for OUK I can't find that statement anywhere o! I honestly believe its propaganda but I stand to be corrected. But let's say he did is that enough for all the slime hurled at the igbo race? It happened when achebe made a statement about awolowo's war policies and it is happening again. Igbos in general are being abused and by generality of yorubas. Do you know how many moderate igbos are being converted to radicals and bigots by all this?
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Media Warriors By Olusegun Adeniyi by Nobody: 10:51am On Aug 23, 2013
russellino:

Some igbos started it so your contribution to humanity is to promote hatred and vicious bigotry. Both sides have ppl who are guilty of this and you all have helped radicalise millions of people who visit this site. I leave you all to your God

God will judge me for not ever starting a thread to attack Ibos but for responding to their vicious lies?
I think I'm comfortable with that.
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Media Warriors By Olusegun Adeniyi by russellino: 10:56am On Aug 23, 2013
Aigbofa:

God will judge me for not ever starting a thread to attack Ibos but for responding to their vicious lies?
I think I'm comfortable with that.

You know what God says about ppl who sow seeds of discord? Enjoy your role.
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Media Warriors By Olusegun Adeniyi by T8ksy(m): 11:31am On Aug 23, 2013
russellino:

I'm old enough to remember the daughter Modupe Adelaja a then minister under OBJ and daughter of late yoruba leader say "ibos should stick to their spareparts business". She said it at a speech on armed forces remembrance day. Which igbo leader has ever come out to spit such dirty venom about the yoruba race. Who called her to order in yorubaland? Nobody

As for OUK I can't find that statement anywhere o! I honestly believe its propaganda but I stand to be corrected. But let's say he did is that enough for all the slime hurled at the igbo race? It happened when achebe made a statement about awolowo's war policies and it is happening again. Igbos in general are being abused and by generality of yorubas. Do you know how many moderate igbos are being converted to radicals and bigots by all this?

Whilst you are cleverly brandishing that thought in our face, do take a moment out to ponder on how many moderate yorubas have been affronted and now radicalised by OUK's comment that Lagos, their ancestral land, the land of their forefathers is now, a "no man's Land".

If you ibos with your numerical strength and economic power in the north can not lay claim to any of their cities as no man's land, do you honestly believe, its in yorubaland that you will get away with such sacrilege, regardless of the city's former status?

1 Like

Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Media Warriors By Olusegun Adeniyi by BlackBaron: 3:38pm On Aug 23, 2013
russellino:

Obj's daughter is hardly a leader. But yes I'll accept that.

Besides it only shows the calibre of the collection of leaders on both sides, they make the comments, but be rest assured their interests and their families would be far from harm. Its the common innocent man on the street that incurs the most losses.

Pic ain't loading.

Go to '@OUKtwwets' on Twitter. 13th Aug 10:51 am.
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Media Warriors By Olusegun Adeniyi by simpleseyi: 4:00pm On Aug 23, 2013
Ujujoan: I didn't bother to read the whole articule, but this is just another yoruba man trying to justify the thoughtlessness of the Lagos State Governor . .

If he wanted to 'help' them, why didn't he take them back to their homes?

Is Onitsha head bridge their father's house What of the non Anambrarians among them, how do they make their way home from Onitsha head bridge?

Is he trying to say that only Igbo's are beggars in the street of Lagos. That happened to the other 'beggars' from other ethnic groups? Where they also deported to their own states?

It's the blatant targeting of a specific ethnic group that worries us. All these epistles, riddled with fictional tales about magun is simply annoying!

Read before making your comments so that you will not ridicule yourself again as you have done here. The write-up is less than 1000 words. The writer never supports Fashola inhuman treated, no reasonable human being will support Fashola on this. Fashola has previously deported hausas, fulani and yorubas but you did not condemn Fashola then because your tribe was not among. Let us all join hands and condemn every thing bad in the society and not wait till when it affects us or our families/relatives directly.
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Media Warriors By Olusegun Adeniyi by russellino: 5:05pm On Aug 23, 2013
T8ksy:

Whilst you are cleverly brandishing that thought in our face, do take a moment out to ponder on how many moderate yorubas have been affronted and now radicalised by OUK's comment that Lagos, their ancestral land, the land of their forefathers is now, a "no man's Land".

If you ibos with your numerical strength and economic power in the north can not lay claim to any of their cities as no man's land, do you honestly believe, its in yorubaland that you will get away with such sacrilege, regardless of the city's former status?

Guy fvck off. I don't discuss with ppl like you
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Media Warriors By Olusegun Adeniyi by russellino: 8:57am On Aug 24, 2013
BlackBaron:

Go to '@OUKtwwets' on Twitter. 13th Aug 10:51 am.

This is what OUK said in that tweet - "Fashola should understand that nobody owns Lagos and the Igbos will not run away from the state because of him"

Questionable statement but nowhere near the "no man's land" claim that everybody has been talking about. The question now is where the "no man's land" talk originated from? Who devised the slogan and what was the aim. Yoruba Ronu
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Media Warriors By Olusegun Adeniyi by talktimi(m): 11:21pm On Aug 24, 2013
Ola Johnson: If Igbo people are not careful the way they go about saying Lagos is no man's land it could lead to a fierce crisis between them and the Awori.
bro lets be really honest with ourselves here. How many igbos in real time situations have you come across referring to Lagos as no mans land ? The average igbo man sees Lagos as where he makes his daily bread coming to prove himself as a man. The only place he calls home is the community where he comes from and which he makes sure to visit regularly. The same way igbo people come to lagos to hustle is the same way they flood cities like onitsha, sabon gari in Kano & port harcourt so the situation is not peculiar yet no one has brought up the issue of an igbo claiming Kano or Rivers as no mans land and that is because an igbo man will never say so. Lets not allow politicians on both divides use us to whip up ethnic sentiments that can lead to violence. Thank you
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Media Warriors By Olusegun Adeniyi by electrokristron(m): 1:41am On Nov 21, 2014
Onome 1 & 2 (also known as Another Love)

This is certainly one of the best movies Nollywood has ever produced!

Film Data:
Nigeria, Year 1996/1997, 94 Minutes,
Director: Chico Ejiro
Screenplay: Opa Williams, Joe Dudun, and Fred Amata • Cinematography: Jonathan Gbemuotor • Editing: Fidelis Ewata •
Production: Consolidated Fortunes LTD, and Opa Williams
Cast: Olu Jacobs (Dafe), Uche Osotule (Onome), Henrienta Oniovosa (Efe), Lai Ashadele (Doctor), Zack Amata (Umukoro, Onome's father) and Sam Loco Efe (Akpo)

Movie Review:
The viewer is called to cautiousness even before the opening credits are over.
When the shoe, which in the first shot was put on the foot, steps and crushes an insect on the floor, it is clear that danger is close. Whiteness of the table cloth and of shirts of the waitresses in the restaurant is almost aching. Shortly after the man from the car enters the restaurant, the place is attacked by armed men and the customers are robbed. Thanks to the waitress, Onome, the man from the car, Dafe, survived the attack that could cost him fortune, if not life.
Onome is one of the first masterpieces by legendary Chico Ejiro. Dark drama of rich and poor evolves on the background of the violent event from the beginning, and the automatism of its brutality partly explains the passivity of the protagonists. They live worlds apart: Dafe in a luxurious home in a highbrow neighborhood, Onome in Ajegunle, the Lagos slum where dirty streets are flooded with stagnant water, in one-room apartment together with sick mother, brothers and younger sister. The more he tries to help, deeper is her misery. Outstanding cinematography and direction are accompanied by tightly written story and excellent cast. The male characters are performed by veteran actors Olu Jacobs, Sam Loco Efe and Zack Amata. Onome, as often is the case with women, is at the centre, but helpless. But men in this story are helpless as well. Onome's biological father left the family, her boyfriend runs away when he learns that she is pregnant, even Dafe is unable to make real his desire for her, his another love. It is their impotence that makes her a prostitute. A courageous statement in a society where prostitution is the only way of survival.

Request to members of the public:
If you have a copy of this movie (either in the old VHS Tape format, VCD, DVD format or a download link on Youtube or anywhere else on the web), kindly contact me. I don't mind paying for it.
Whatever form or format you have the movie on, (Onome 1 & 2 also known as Another Love) pls contact me as soon as possible.
I don't mind paying for the download or for your services.

Kindly contact Chris on +234-8084710033 or send an email to electrokristron@gmail.com

(1) (2) (Reply)

Oswald, Communist Agent Murdered Kennedy, US President In Texas…secret Plot / Battered Pregnant Woman: Lagos Police Arrest Lebanese Boss / AIT Is Saying That APC Leading Is False

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.