Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,865 members, 7,802,779 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:23 PM

The Awkward Truth About Naija Husbands...lmao! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Awkward Truth About Naija Husbands...lmao! (4319 Views)

How Many Ladies Can Act Like This Lady If They Catch Their Husbands Cheating? / Why We Cheat On Our Husbands - Nigerian Women Open Up / The Awkward Truth About Nigerian Husbands.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Awkward Truth About Naija Husbands...lmao! by Feedmemore(f): 3:31pm On Aug 22, 2013
I can't stop laughing, please laugh with me o abeg!.... grin grin grin cheesy

There was a group of men gathered at a church conference on how to live in a loving relationship with your wife. The men were asked, "How many of you love your wife ?" All the men raised their hands. Then they were asked, "When was the last time you told your wife you loved her ?" Some men answered today, some yesterday, majority didn’t remember. The men were then told to take their cell phones and send the following text to their respective wife: I love you, sweetheart...Then the men were told to exchange phones so one can read the other wife's reply to the love message..Here are some of the replies:

1. Have you impregnated someone again undecided
2. That was then,not now angry
3. You wan borrow money abi undecided
4. What did you do again I won’t forgive you this time lipsrsealed !!!
5. Meaning :s??
6. Is that a new song undecided??
7. Am I dreaming ?
8. If you don’t tell me who this message is actually for, you will die today shocked!!!
9. U dis man!! I asked you to stop drinking embarassed!!!
10. Abeg na who be this :]Y? =))=D
11. Baba Beji, I have told u that Alomo is not good for ur system...can u see d type of msg u r sending to me?

7 Likes

Re: The Awkward Truth About Naija Husbands...lmao! by baby124: 3:35pm On Aug 22, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Awkward Truth About Naija Husbands...lmao! by Nobody: 3:56pm On Aug 22, 2013
LOOOOOOOL grin grin grin

The responses are funny.
Re: The Awkward Truth About Naija Husbands...lmao! by White007(m): 3:58pm On Aug 22, 2013
*Falls from London bridge* lmao! grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Awkward Truth About Naija Husbands...lmao! by xynerise: 3:59pm On Aug 22, 2013
grin. Not to young couple like me and my madam na
Re: The Awkward Truth About Naija Husbands...lmao! by Nobody: 4:05pm On Aug 22, 2013
I saw this on Facebook sometime ago and shat on myself
Re: The Awkward Truth About Naija Husbands...lmao! by Nobody: 4:05pm On Aug 22, 2013
Hilarious reactions grin grin grin
Re: The Awkward Truth About Naija Husbands...lmao! by Afam4eva(m): 4:16pm On Aug 22, 2013
Even though this is a joke, i think it's actually the reality for a lot of Nigerian couples especially the old generation. They don't show love the way white people do. In a Nigerian marriage, you just have to assume that your spouse loves you. No need to ask. lol grin

2 Likes

Re: The Awkward Truth About Naija Husbands...lmao! by baby124: 4:25pm On Aug 22, 2013
We made my dad start saying "i love you". And after a while the guy couldnt stop o. hahaha. But my mum will always yimu. SMH embarassed. This "i love you" absence is popular with the older generation. Some just didnt grow up with such affection and find it disturbing or uncomfortable. Definitely not for us. But i know after a while when everyone settles into routine, we forget to say these things.
Re: The Awkward Truth About Naija Husbands...lmao! by Ab025(m): 4:43pm On Aug 22, 2013
@feed me more........long time, where have u been? Missed u...
Re: The Awkward Truth About Naija Husbands...lmao! by OsheBabaGod(f): 4:44pm On Aug 22, 2013
Ooooh... Now I know why that bald tall guy is always angry if I ask him about love.... Actually coz he just cantexpress it right? Wow really helpful.... Hehehheheheheheeheheheheheh
Re: The Awkward Truth About Naija Husbands...lmao! by Beachqueen59(f): 5:02pm On Aug 22, 2013
MEN!
Re: The Awkward Truth About Naija Husbands...lmao! by Nobody: 5:12pm On Aug 22, 2013
^^ cheesy cheesy Not again??
Re: The Awkward Truth About Naija Husbands...lmao! by Nobody: 5:35pm On Aug 22, 2013

1 Like

Re: The Awkward Truth About Naija Husbands...lmao! by coogar: 5:46pm On Aug 22, 2013
i actually believe naija women can write such after receiving "i love you" text message from their spouses. most of them have lost touch with their romantic side.
Re: The Awkward Truth About Naija Husbands...lmao! by Beachqueen59(f): 6:13pm On Aug 22, 2013
Well sha, gone are the good 'ol days when husbands and wifes were boyfriends and girlfriends. These were d days when the man will say:
man:- girl, i love you soooo much
woman: (shy-ly, while drawing the map of nigeria with her foot) i love too. Sweeti grin
(and they hug each other happliy)
but NOW that they are married.. They hav passed the level of saying I LUV U frequently grin
Re: The Awkward Truth About Naija Husbands...lmao! by modextus(m): 6:16pm On Aug 22, 2013
grin grin

By the feed me more longest time
Re: The Awkward Truth About Naija Husbands...lmao! by RoyalRoy(m): 10:46pm On Aug 22, 2013
Old School Love:

Man: Iya Akin, hope the children are sleeping, cos its late o!

Wife: Yes, all of them are sleeping already!

Man: That's good. By the way, how was market today?

Wife: We thank God o!

Man: Ah Ah....when did you make this hair? You didn't even tell me!

Wife: Shior, something I have done 2days ago & you are just noticing!

Man: Eeya, don't mind me jare! The hair is okay o....how much did you make it? Maybe I will pay!

Wife: Eh oh...Oko Iyawo...its just 2000 naira!!

Man: 2000 naira? Only? For this beautiful hair......oya come let me see it well!

***Wife draws closer.....husband starts rubbing hand on the hair!!

***after a while, husband's hand starts going to the back***

Wife: Daddy Akin, what are you doing?

Man: I saw a fly going inside ur cloth, trying to help you kill it!!

Wife: Ehn ehn....okay o...have u seen it?

Man: Can't find it...maybe you remove the top.....abi bawo?

Wife: lolllz....Daddy Akin!!!!

Man: Mummy Akin!!! Oya come & collect money for the hair.....its inside the room!

Wife: Ahhhhh....Ehn ehn....Okay....let's go & get it!

Man: **starts removing belt & unzipping trousers***

Wife: Na inside there you dey keep money now? O ga oooo!!

Man: Shebi its the money for hair u want, just follow me!!

*****they drag themselves into the room*****

Lights Out....Radio Volume Up

NBC rated::::PG 18

14 Likes

Re: The Awkward Truth About Naija Husbands...lmao! by Nobody: 4:06am On Aug 23, 2013
Afam4eva: Even though this is a joke, i think it's actually the reality for a lot of Nigerian couples especially the old generation. They don't show love the way white people do. In a Nigerian marriage, you just have to assume that your spouse loves you. No need to ask. lol grin

and who says the way white people show love is the yardstick by which others should be judged?

5 Likes

Re: The Awkward Truth About Naija Husbands...lmao! by Nobody: 5:24am On Aug 23, 2013
Royal Roy: Old School Love:

Man: Eeya, don't mind me jare! The hair is okay o....how much did you make it? Maybe I will pay!

Man: 2000 naira? Only? For this beautiful hair......oya come let me see it well!

Man: Mummy Akin!!! Oya come & collect money for the hair.....its inside the room!

RR,this is sweat. Me likey
Re: The Awkward Truth About Naija Husbands...lmao! by biolabee(m): 5:53am On Aug 23, 2013
Royal roy .. Good write up

Afam.. I thought you don't send whiteys.. Moreover don't forget divorce rates are pretty high there
Re: The Awkward Truth About Naija Husbands...lmao! by Afrocatalyst: 6:15am On Aug 23, 2013
Royal Roy: Old School Love:

It is nt old skool love, that's wat's up. Me like it. Bt me n wifey stil say 'i love you' to each other everyday after 5yrs of marriage. Nice write up royal roy.
Re: The Awkward Truth About Naija Husbands...lmao! by Afam4eva(m): 7:29am On Aug 23, 2013
davidylan:

and who says the way white people show love is the yardstick by which others should be judged?
My statement is very explicit that does not imply that the way white people show love is the yardstick.
Re: The Awkward Truth About Naija Husbands...lmao! by RoyalRoy(m): 8:55am On Aug 23, 2013
Afrocatalyst:

It is nt old skool love, that's wat's up. Me like it. Bt me n wifey stil say 'i love you' to each other everyday after 5yrs of marriage. Nice write up royal roy.
Way to go....Keep it up brov!!

yellowpawpaw:

RR,this is sweet. Me likey
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Awkward Truth About Naija Husbands...lmao! by Tinkybabe(f): 9:34am On Aug 23, 2013
Hmmm..awkward truth!
Re: The Awkward Truth About Naija Husbands...lmao! by sugardaddy1(m): 11:39am On Aug 23, 2013
I read that post somewhere earlier and while laughing I screamed "I love you" at my secretary. I could see the expression on her face like "ah, e be like say oga don dey gree my own" but she sa disappointed as she noticed the laughter continued for some time without her presence being noticed. Bottom line is, most married men exhaust their "I love you" with other women outside and If you want regular "I love you" from you spouse these days, you need to up your game as the competition is very rife out there.
Re: The Awkward Truth About Naija Husbands...lmao! by OsheBabaGod(f): 2:28pm On Aug 23, 2013
smiley cheesy laugh till die
Re: The Awkward Truth About Naija Husbands...lmao! by Nobody: 12:42pm On Aug 24, 2013
Afam4eva:
My statement is very explicit that does not imply that the way white people show love is the yardstick.

This is quite daft. If your statement was "explicit" then there would be no need to explain implicit remarks.
Re: The Awkward Truth About Naija Husbands...lmao! by Truckpusher(m): 1:07pm On Aug 24, 2013
Feed me more: I can't stop laughing, please laugh with me o abeg!.... grin grin grin cheesy

There was a group of men gathered at a church conference on how to live in a loving relationship with your wife. The men were asked, "How many of you love your wife ?" All the men raised their hands. Then they were asked, "When was the last time you told your wife you loved her ?" Some men answered today, some yesterday, majority didn’t remember. The men were then told to take their cell phones and send the following text to their respective wife: I love you, sweetheart...Then the men were told to exchange phones so one can read the other wife's reply to the love message..Here are some of the replies:

1. Have you impregnated someone again undecided
2. That was then,not now angry
3. You wan borrow money abi undecided
4. What did you do again I won’t forgive you this time lipsrsealed !!!
5. Meaning :s??
6. Is that a new song undecided??
7. Am I dreaming ?
8. If you don’t tell me who this message is actually for, you will die today shocked!!!
9. U dis man!! I asked you to stop drinking embarassed!!!
10. Abeg na who be this :]Y? =))=D
11. Baba Beji, I have told u that Alomo is not good for ur system...can u see d type of msg u r sending to me?
Ayaf died for laff grin grin
Re: The Awkward Truth About Naija Husbands...lmao! by RoyalRoy(m): 3:53pm On Aug 24, 2013
Truckpusher :

Ayaf died for laff grin grin

You are busy laughing....have you finished pushing my truck?
If my truck doesn't start you are in trouble!!
Re: The Awkward Truth About Naija Husbands...lmao! by Nobody: 4:08pm On Aug 24, 2013
Not my business cool

Just wanted to comment
Re: The Awkward Truth About Naija Husbands...lmao! by OsheBabaGod(f): 9:54pm On Aug 24, 2013
Royal Roy:

You are busy laughing....have you finished pushing my truck?
If my truck doesn't start you are in trouble!!

I'm selling secondhand heavy tanks for N20000... Anyone interested?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Married People Should Get Off Face Book To Preserve Their Marriages. / Would You Date/marry Your child's prospective parent in-law? / A Nairalander's Happy, Beautiful And Young Family(picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.