Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,376 members, 7,808,317 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:15 AM

Oro Traditionalists Perform Pastor Ajanaku 's Burial Rites - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Oro Traditionalists Perform Pastor Ajanaku 's Burial Rites (74683 Views)

Traditionalists Demand Public Holidays, Board, Political Appointments / Pastor Ajanaku Ressurects & Relapses In To Coma / Pastor Ajanaku Is Dead (Christ-Revival Church Pastor) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oro Traditionalists Perform Pastor Ajanaku 's Burial Rites by hotwax: 7:21pm On Aug 22, 2013
Hi Nairalanders, do not rush to believe what people post here. Oro is riyual/rite performed to usher away the spirit of a famous deceased. Its just a way of honoring a dead society man who have contributed good things to a town. Ajanaku Means a great man. Its painful that modern yorubas don't know about their culture anymore. Its so sad. I'm not saying pastor ajanaku is a saint. I don't know him. But I saw a flaw in this post. Those guys were chanting ajanaku. Ajanaku is a yoruba word for "the great one. The dead pastor just picked the name. Its like a nickname or some people bear the name in yoruba land. Like morinho call himself the special one. Please, let's not judge now especially on deceased.
Re: Oro Traditionalists Perform Pastor Ajanaku 's Burial Rites by Nobody: 7:21pm On Aug 22, 2013
If this is true and if Tope Alabi accepted him as her spiritual leader then does this mean she's complicit?
Re: Oro Traditionalists Perform Pastor Ajanaku 's Burial Rites by oobim(m): 7:23pm On Aug 22, 2013
Na today! Many like him in al d streets of 9ja..fake things using God's name in vain.

I only hope al those fo.olish,bush/local champions would stop praying thus;'god of chosen, god of Oyedepo, god of TB Joshua, etc hear my prayer.'I wonder how insane n gullible these people are.How sure are they serve the true God?
Even the devil believ in God and trembles.

Pray that way near me and watch me spit on your disgusting poverty stricken face.

1 Like

Re: Oro Traditionalists Perform Pastor Ajanaku 's Burial Rites by kingbo: 7:25pm On Aug 22, 2013
God knows who is serving hin no man can judge
Re: Oro Traditionalists Perform Pastor Ajanaku 's Burial Rites by hotwax: 7:27pm On Aug 22, 2013
koastar: Hmmm...this shows that Tope Alabi is not to be trusted any more. If her spiritual father was a cultist, definitely, she is also a cultist. Let's also look at it this way. Let's assume she didn't know her spiritual father, pastor Ajanaku was a cultist but if she is full of the Holy Spirit she should have known because God would have revealed it to her. For her not to receive such revelation from God shows she's not in touch with God and doesn't sing for God- all her spirituality is charade. She definitely knows something about the cult.
*just my take
oro is not a cult but a ritual. Were.
Re: Oro Traditionalists Perform Pastor Ajanaku 's Burial Rites by Akainzo(m): 7:27pm On Aug 22, 2013
hotwax: I was wondering too. It seems people don't know the meaning of Oro. Oro is a ritual. Its not a cult. Foools. Do research before posting junks. And if this is false, u have spoilt an innocent man's name. May God forgive us all. We should not be quick to throw stones.

So Oro is now a ritual? Ok, it is a ritual of what or for what?

You need not use google, go home and ask the elders then come back and post.

1 Like

Re: Oro Traditionalists Perform Pastor Ajanaku 's Burial Rites by systemz(m): 7:29pm On Aug 22, 2013
pastor prosper :
if thus is another lie to discredit a true man of God then may your days on earth forever be desolate, if its true that d man was a cultist parading as a pastor, may death, curses, HIV cancer, AIDS, be his and his familys forever.
Are you human?
Re: Oro Traditionalists Perform Pastor Ajanaku 's Burial Rites by delors(m): 7:32pm On Aug 22, 2013
hotwax: Hi Nairalanders, do not rush to believe what people post here. Oro is riyual/rite performed to usher away the spirit of a famous deceased. Its just a way of honoring a dead society man who have contributed good things to a town. Ajanaku Means a great man. Its painful that modern yorubas don't know about their culture anymore. Its so sad. I'm not saying pastor ajanaku is a saint. I don't know him. But I saw a flaw in this post. Those guys were chanting ajanaku. Ajanaku is a yoruba word for "the great one. The dead pastor just picked the name. Its like a nickname or some people bear the name in yoruba land. Like morinho call himself the special one. Please, let's not judge now especially on deceased.
Well, dear Nairalander, what are we supposed to believe anyway? This is a case called 'Post hoc ergo propter hoc'. This cannot be entirely coincidental you know. Ajankau died today, cultists chant Ajanaku's name tomorrow in burial appraisal in the same town...too real to be unreal. If his name was Balogun, for instance, and he dies, and the Oro cults chant Balogun here and there, you probably would still say the same that Balogun was just a general yoruba title for the warlord which is also commonly used among the cultists ,so its nothing.
Even if the story was not entirely true and the whole episode was simply coincidental, there always is an element of truth in every rumour. There is no fire without smoke you know (apart from Moses' Burning Bush grin).

5 Likes

Re: Oro Traditionalists Perform Pastor Ajanaku 's Burial Rites by hotwax: 7:35pm On Aug 22, 2013
Akainzo:

So Oro is now a ritual? Ok, it is a ritual of what or for what?

You need not use google, go home and ask the elders then come back and post.
oro is a ritual. Some people are specialized in performing. They are not cult. Don't tell me egungun performer are cult. Go meet your papa and ask. I doubt if he knows too. Knowledge is not by inheritance. Its by research. You won't agree though.

1 Like

Re: Oro Traditionalists Perform Pastor Ajanaku 's Burial Rites by gidjah(m): 7:35pm On Aug 22, 2013
ITs WELL WT DS MIXED MULTItude kind of MOGs, anoda sour taste on TRUE christians, but d tars shall one day be seperated from d wheats says d Lord of host.His feature alone is fearful n worriesome to me as a child of God.
Re: Oro Traditionalists Perform Pastor Ajanaku 's Burial Rites by 2ray4sure: 7:36pm On Aug 22, 2013
Let he who is without SIN be the first to cast the stone.Jesus is coming soon accept him into your life today ..
Re: Oro Traditionalists Perform Pastor Ajanaku 's Burial Rites by 9jatatafo(m): 7:37pm On Aug 22, 2013
If the oro cult members truly wanted the world to know that the late pastor was their member, they should have done it while the pastor was alive. Do not speak ill of the dead. After death comes judgement, let him face GOD and tell HIM all that he did while alive. Let not the living judge the dead!!!! Let your mouth not be in hurry to judge any man alive or dead. All men will stand equal before GOD and we shall give account of our deeds. I rest my case

1 Like

Re: Oro Traditionalists Perform Pastor Ajanaku 's Burial Rites by Nobody: 7:41pm On Aug 22, 2013
kingbo: God knows who is serving him..
And, those who are serving Him, know themselves too...
Re: Oro Traditionalists Perform Pastor Ajanaku 's Burial Rites by Akainzo(m): 7:42pm On Aug 22, 2013
hotwax: Hi Nairalanders, do not rush to believe what people post here. Oro is riyual/rite performed to usher away the spirit of a famous deceased. Its just a way of honoring a dead society man who have contributed good things to a town. Ajanaku Means a great man. Its painful that modern yorubas don't know about their culture anymore. Its so sad. I'm not saying pastor ajanaku is a saint. I don't know him. But I saw a flaw in this post. Those guys were chanting ajanaku. Ajanaku is a yoruba word for "the great one. The dead pastor just picked the name. Its like a nickname or some people bear the name in yoruba land. Like morinho call himself the special one. Please, let's not judge now especially on deceased.

All you said above is hogwash as you definitely do not know what you are talking about. The Oro is a cult and their is the ritual performed by the cult.

No it is painful, that people like you do not know/understand their own tradition and are rushing to propagate half truths. If you are indeed Yoruba, you do need to go back home and ask the elders to explain Oro for you.

Indeed you have the right translation/meaning of the word "Ajanaku", however used in the context of an Oro ritual, it is not that literal translation that is being referred to. Note also, Oro does not come out to celebrate the death of anybody that is not its member, it is not a praise singing/worship group rather a sacred and highly secluded one. That most notable people get such honours, is not because they were wealthy but because they are members of the group.

So if you cannot point or allude to any member of the cult dying in that street, do not attempt to write off such Oro ritual as mere coincidense.

10 Likes

Re: Oro Traditionalists Perform Pastor Ajanaku 's Burial Rites by Nevahateme(m): 7:42pm On Aug 22, 2013
Ko ya mi lenu @ all
Re: Oro Traditionalists Perform Pastor Ajanaku 's Burial Rites by Nevahateme(m): 7:43pm On Aug 22, 2013
For real or na joke
Re: Oro Traditionalists Perform Pastor Ajanaku 's Burial Rites by Akainzo(m): 7:45pm On Aug 22, 2013
hotwax: oro is a ritual. Some people are specialized in performing. They are not cult. Don't tell me egungun performer are cult. Go meet your papa and ask. I doubt if he knows too. Knowledge is not by inheritance. Its by research. You won't agree though.

You are a clown for comparing egungun festival to Oro. Why do you think that Ikorodu is locked down during the Oro festival but egungun is celebrated in the afternoon?

My guy, I need no research, I KNOW.

I see that you are infected with the spirit of the ignoramus, they abuse rather than propagate or seek any knowledge. You have no idea of my age or my lineage yet you allude to my Papa not knowing what Oro is! I really puty your kind.
Re: Oro Traditionalists Perform Pastor Ajanaku 's Burial Rites by hotwax: 7:47pm On Aug 22, 2013
delors:
Well, dear Nairalander, what are we supposed to believe anyway? This is a case called 'Post hoc ergo propter hoc'. This cannot be entirely coincidental you know. Ajankau died today, cultists chant Ajanaku's name tomorrow in burial appraisal in the same town...too real to be unreal. If his name was Balogun, for instance, and he dies, and the Oro cults chant Balogun here and there, you probably would still say the same that Balogun was just a general yoruba title for the warlord which is also commonly used among the cultists ,so its nothing.
Even if the story was not entirely true and the whole episode was simply coincidental, there always is an element of truth in every rumour. There is no fire without smoke you know (apart from Moses' Burning Bush grin).
u can believe whatever u want but I will say these fatcs. 1. I don't know this pastor. The first time I saw his picture. I said what? This man peeled his skin off with bleaching cream. But that's his problem. Who am I o judge him. 2. I'm not saying he is a saint. All I am saying is oro is not a cult. Its a practise in all yoruba towns just like egungun. Egungun is a family inheritance not a cult. I am from ile-ife, its a common thing ife. Ask any OAU student, they know this. They chant the word "ajanaku" for a famous dead man. It may be a coincidence, it may be deliberate. God knows. But I don't want us to conclude bcuz they used the word ajanaku, they r refering to me. Hope you understand my points. I trust u do.

1 Like

Re: Oro Traditionalists Perform Pastor Ajanaku 's Burial Rites by hotwax: 7:47pm On Aug 22, 2013
delors:
u can believe whatever u want but I will say these fatcs. 1. I don't know this pastor. The first time I saw his picture. I said what? This man peeled his skin off with bleaching cream. But that's his problem. Who am I o judge him. 2. I'm not saying he is a saint. All I am saying is oro is not a cult. Its a practise in all yoruba towns just like egungun. Egungun is a family inheritance not a cult. I am from ile-ife, its a common thing ife. Ask any OAU student, they know this. They chant the word "ajanaku" for a famous dead man. It may be a coincidence, it may be deliberate. God knows. But I don't want us to conclude bcuz they used the word ajanaku, they r refering to him. Hope you understand my points. I trust u do. I am particularly faulting that ajanaku notion.

1 Like

Re: Oro Traditionalists Perform Pastor Ajanaku 's Burial Rites by benzion72(m): 7:50pm On Aug 22, 2013
Before I comments do we have any nairaland member in Gbongan who can confirm this
Re: Oro Traditionalists Perform Pastor Ajanaku 's Burial Rites by Audukaya: 7:59pm On Aug 22, 2013
if u re suprised then u re wrong,so u tink all his power is from god? Na holy juju they reign ooo!
Re: Oro Traditionalists Perform Pastor Ajanaku 's Burial Rites by poppop: 7:59pm On Aug 22, 2013
Akainzo:

All you said above is hogwash as you definitely do not know what you are talking about. The Oro is a cult and their is the ritual performed by the cult.

No it is painful, that people like you do not know/understand their own tradition and are rushing to propagate half truths. If you are indeed Yoruba, you do need to go back home and ask the elders to explain Oro for you.

Indeed you have the right translation/meaning of the word "Ajanaku", however used in the context of an Oro ritual, it is not that literal translation that is being referred to. Note also, Oro does not come out to celebrate the death of anybody that is not its member, it is not a praise singing/worship group rather a sacred and highly secluded one. That most notable people get such honours, is not because they were wealthy but because they are members of the group.

So if you cannot point or allude to any member of the cult dying in that street, do not attempt to write off such Oro ritual as mere coincidense.

thanks for taking the time to explain this. i was getting confused abit
Re: Oro Traditionalists Perform Pastor Ajanaku 's Burial Rites by hotwax: 8:00pm On Aug 22, 2013
Akainzo:

You are a clown for comparing egungun festival to Oro. Why do you think that Ikorodu is locked down during the Oro festival but egungun is celebrated in the afternoon?

My guy, I need no research, I KNOW.

I see that you are infected with the spirit of the ignoramus, they abuse rather than propagate or seek any knowledge. You have no idea of my age or my lineage yet you allude to my Papa not knowing what Oro is! I really puty your kind.
xtian night vigil is in thr night, egungun is in the afternoon/evening, oro is in the mid-night that's when they invoke spirits. Mid-night is d right time. oro is a duty of the town traditional council. I was part of these things. I'm telling you what I know and once a part of. I am arguing with you so as not to confuse other nairaland. Oro ritual/festival is associated with demons. Its not done in the day cuz of women. There is no point arguing with an hardened nonentity though.

1 Like

Re: Oro Traditionalists Perform Pastor Ajanaku 's Burial Rites by Ayoobscom(m): 8:00pm On Aug 22, 2013
As hoe is to farmers, so is magic too to pastors

3 Likes

Re: Oro Traditionalists Perform Pastor Ajanaku 's Burial Rites by gidjah(m): 8:01pm On Aug 22, 2013
Pls n pls for most of u dat have a deep sense of yoruba dialect, am so sure u know dat ajanaku does nt really nid b a name, its a title for praising a hero or valiant of any human kind, I am nt n wil neva hold sway for any evil creature not even my PASTOR, ds event might be a real co incidence, as it apoeat, if prophet Ajanaku were to b a Cultist his remains ie dead body will neva be left for his family menbers, they wil sure demand for it.We (grown ups)have lots of experience abt cultists n there ways of operations ..Lets watch wat we say less d philistines rejoice ova wt wasn't real, less d godless ask us abt d mystery of our faith. I MUST TELL U ALL HU CARE TO HEAR N HV GONE TRU GENUINE SALVATION ; NO MATA WT DS FEW EVIL MOGs do to tarnish d name of my God, CHRISTIANITY IS D ONLY TRUE JOURNEY TO ETERNITY.

1 Like

Re: Oro Traditionalists Perform Pastor Ajanaku 's Burial Rites by delors(m): 8:03pm On Aug 22, 2013
hotwax: u can believe whatever u want but I will say these fatcs. 1. I don't know this pastor. The first time I saw his picture. I said what? This man peeled his skin off with bleaching cream. But that's his problem. Who am I o judge him. 2. I'm not saying he is a saint. All I am saying is oro is not a cult. Its a practise in all yoruba towns just like egungun. Egungun is a family inheritance not a cult. I am from ile-ife, its a common thing ife. Ask any OAU student, they know this. They chant the word "ajanaku" for a famous dead man. It may be a coincidence, it may be deliberate. God knows. But I don't want us to conclude bcuz they used the word ajanaku, they r refering to me. Hope you understand my points. I trust u do.
Fortunately I do. Fortunately, I finished from OAU. Fortunately again, I know about oro. Whenever we heard there was gonna be an oro demonstration (especially in Ijebu) everybody stays indoor because as it is believed, it is a taboo to see an oro. Unfortunately however, this case may be or may not be a coincidence. However, as a man of God, once you have been called, you disassociate yourself from every appearance of evil (so says my Bible). If he wasnt an oro member, there was no way the oro would have called his name while doing their burial rites. There is a connection. That's my point. Hope you understand. I trust you do.

1 Like

Re: Oro Traditionalists Perform Pastor Ajanaku 's Burial Rites by Metallurgist: 8:15pm On Aug 22, 2013
shymexx: Bwahahahahahahaha

Most naija pastors are closet traditionalists just as most roman catholic priests are closet homos.

And most arab muslims love sha.gging camels.

Nothing shocks me anymore. It's a crazy world of gullible people. undecided
what about most jewish rabbi? I cant see what concern islam with this, i pastor die= a pastor is dead

1 Like

Re: Oro Traditionalists Perform Pastor Ajanaku 's Burial Rites by Nobody: 8:16pm On Aug 22, 2013
And who is surprised about this?

The guy himself resembled the oro masquerade sef. grin

2 Likes

Re: Oro Traditionalists Perform Pastor Ajanaku 's Burial Rites by solaabujan(m): 8:20pm On Aug 22, 2013
LORD av serious mercy !
cardoso111: lord have mercy!
Re: Oro Traditionalists Perform Pastor Ajanaku 's Burial Rites by hotwax: 8:21pm On Aug 22, 2013
delors:
Fortunately I do. Fortunately, I finished from OAU. Fortunately again, I know about oro. Whenever we heard there was gonna be an oro demonstration (especially in Ijebu) everybody stays indoor because as it is believed, it is a taboo to see an oro. Unfortunately however, this case may be or may not be a coincidence. However, as a man of God, once you have been called, you disassociate yourself from every appearance of evil (so says my Bible). If he wasnt an oro member, there was no way the oro would have called his name while doing their burial rites. There is a connection. That's my point. Hope you understand. I trust you do.
I know you are a graduate. Is someone administerng holy comunion in the a cultist? Oro is an heritage of a town tradition council. Oba gives the approvl. Oba can stop it. The performer are just steward. Oro is not a religion, no cult. Since when has Easter or xmas becomes a religion. Oro is a festival/rituals. And every odua land performs it. Oro has no member. No member no member. You can't join them. You have to belong to the family that does it. We have abor :executioner". They kill/execute people. They r not a cult group. You can't because of power join oro people. Yet you claimed you know something whereas u know nothing. Oro is evil, oro don't give power to people oro uses human blood
. There are things I can't say here just because I wann argue. Anyway I am out of this thread. No point in argueing.

1 Like

Re: Oro Traditionalists Perform Pastor Ajanaku 's Burial Rites by hotwax: 8:21pm On Aug 22, 2013
delors:
I know you are a graduate. Is someone administerng holy comunion in the a cultist? Oro is an heritage of a town tradition council. Oba gives the approvl. Oba can stop it. The performer are just steward. Oro is not a religion, no cult. Since when has Easter or xmas becomes a religion. Oro is a festival/rituals. And every odua land performs it. Oro has no member. No member no member. You can't join them. You have to belong to the family that does it. We have abor :executioner". They kill/execute people. They r not a cult group. You can't because of power join oro people. Yet you claimed you know something whereas u know nothing. Oro is evil, oro don't give power to people oro uses human blood
. There are things I can't say here just because I wann argue. Anyway I am out of this thread. No point in argueing.
Re: Oro Traditionalists Perform Pastor Ajanaku 's Burial Rites by hotwax: 8:22pm On Aug 22, 2013
delors:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Why We Shut Down Synagogue Church - T.B Joshua's Widow Evelyn (Pics) / Apostle Suleman Reacts To New Nigerian Passport With 'Herdsmen' Inscription / 5 Dangerous Signs Your Pastor Is A Fake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.