Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,970 members, 7,806,805 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:11 AM

Reasons Why All Open Vpn Servers Has Been Shut!!! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Reasons Why All Open Vpn Servers Has Been Shut!!! (3933 Views)

Confirmed : Innjoo Lagos Office Has Been Shut Down By NCC / Glo Network Has Been Shut Down / Blackberry Internet Services Has Not Been Shut Down - Mtn Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reasons Why All Open Vpn Servers Has Been Shut!!! by Jeffy1206(m): 5:38pm On Aug 22, 2013
if u notice recently all the servers from open vpn has been shut down and could not connect. Now here is the reason why;

Due to too many abuse from most of our Nigeria clients, our upstream provider have shut most of our servers down.
We are currently installing new servers from different locations and will apply strict monitoring on all accounts from Nigeria. We WILL NOT hesitate to terminate any account associated with any or all of the following activities: Torrent/Warez download using a non-torrent server, Mass-Email/SPAM/SCAM , Multiple login of same account, Bandwidth/Resource hogging activities etc.
New server update is now available!. You can check the downloads section.
We apologize for the inconveniences caused. Does this mean that we Nigerians will never learn how to cherish things rather than abusing them? source:log into account to see the info. NB you will to download a newer version for to enjoy your subscription.
Re: Reasons Why All Open Vpn Servers Has Been Shut!!! by Nobody: 5:43pm On Aug 22, 2013
ok
Re: Reasons Why All Open Vpn Servers Has Been Shut!!! by Jeffy1206(m): 5:51pm On Aug 22, 2013
i think dat myt be de reason with droid vpn servers too. naija i dey hey o grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Reasons Why All Open Vpn Servers Has Been Shut!!! by Mannylex(m): 7:32pm On Aug 22, 2013
Please what is the subscription for open vpn? And what is the bandwidth limit? Does it have a free account like droidvpn?
Re: Reasons Why All Open Vpn Servers Has Been Shut!!! by Jeffy1206(m): 8:28pm On Aug 22, 2013
nop it dosnt have a free account but u can use it both on fone and pc. I can help you for de the subscription if u wish.call me on de numbers i dropped on my signature below. tanx.NB:it has an unlimited bandwith...
Mannylex: Please what is the subscription for open vpn? And what is the bandwidth limit? Does it have a free account like droidvpn?
Re: Reasons Why All Open Vpn Servers Has Been Shut!!! by Mannylex(m): 9:10pm On Aug 22, 2013
Jeffy1206: nop it dosnt have a free account but u can use it both on fone and pc. I can help you for de the subscription if u wish.call me on de numbers i dropped on my signature below. tanx.NB:it has an unlimited bandwith...

What is the cost?
Re: Reasons Why All Open Vpn Servers Has Been Shut!!! by Jamji: 10:03pm On Aug 22, 2013
Jeffy1206: nop it dosnt have a free account but u can use it both on fone and pc. I can help you for de the subscription if u wish.call me on de numbers i dropped on my signature below. tanx.NB:it has an unlimited bandwith...

you mean openvpn is no longer free? please google it.stop saying stories.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why All Open Vpn Servers Has Been Shut!!! by Jeffy1206(m): 10:43pm On Aug 22, 2013
hmmm!! whr u dey get ur own free. dont need to ask google cos i know...when reg dere will tell u have one day free period and it dosnt work sef...
Jamji:

you mean openvpn is no longer free? please google it.stop saying stories.
Re: Reasons Why All Open Vpn Servers Has Been Shut!!! by 4llerbuntu(m): 6:45am On Aug 23, 2013
op are u sure u know what openvpn is?

perhaps u mean a particular vpn provider who uses the openvpn protocol and software to connect its servers?

please do more research. openvpn is not a vpn solution that belongs to one company. its not even a "thing" in the sense of being blocked by one person..

maybe the server provider u refer to has blocked access to its servers.

u can roll ur own openvpn server u know.....

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why All Open Vpn Servers Has Been Shut!!! by Jeffy1206(m): 8:16am On Aug 23, 2013
mehn i know but contextually,de open vpn here does not have free acc.lyk droid vpn. infact which open vpn dey work with bis? i think when u answer dis qn den u ll know what am talking about here...
4llerbuntu: op are u sure u know what openvpn is?

perhaps u mean a particular vpn provider who uses the openvpn protocol and software to connect its servers?

please do more research. openvpn is not a vpn solution that belongs to one company. its not even a "thing" in the sense of being blocked by one person..

maybe the server provider u refer to has blocked access to its servers.

u can roll ur own openvpn server u know.....
Re: Reasons Why All Open Vpn Servers Has Been Shut!!! by 4llerbuntu(m): 9:06am On Aug 23, 2013
Jeffy1206: mehn i know but contextually,de open vpn here does not have free acc.lyk droid vpn. infact which open vpn dey work with bis? i think when u answer dis qn den u ll know what am talking about here...

OpenVPN is not a "thing" OpenVPN is a VPN standard. its [b]open[/b]source VPN.

Its a free opensource software for enabling VPN.

im not exactly sure how to explain this now............ ok.

Think of it as an "engine".

You have a vpn software in 2 parts. Server side and client side.
I own a server. i install openvpn server software. Then i configure it so that people can get access to it.
i may decide to make it open, or i decide to lock it (password it) so u need a username and password to access it.
i may also decide that you pay me some money to gain access.

you install the client application. you need a Configuration file that contains my server details to access it.

if i have passworded the access, then u need a password (and username) to get access. u also need some security certificate.....

so therefore, the configuration on my server is what will determine what you will access. For example if i want to use it for any network browsing now, i will configure the server to open that network's holes. e.g MTN now needs UDP protocol.

see its hard to explain in lay man terms. but the servers are not "from openvpn". they are somebody's server who uses openvpn software and opened access to some ports.

My point is..... You can make your own OpenVPN network....

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why All Open Vpn Servers Has Been Shut!!! by Nobody: 9:39am On Aug 23, 2013
Jeffy1206: if u notice recently all the servers from open vpn has been shut down and could not connect. Now here is the reason why;

Due to too many abuse from most of our Nigeria clients, our upstream provider have shut most of our servers down.
We are currently installing new servers from different locations and will apply strict monitoring on all accounts from Nigeria. We WILL NOT hesitate to terminate any account associated with any or all of the following activities: Torrent/Warez download using a non-torrent server, Mass-Email/SPAM/SCAM , Multiple login of same account, Bandwidth/Resource hogging activities etc.
New server update is now available!. You can check the downloads section.
We apologize for the inconveniences caused. Does this mean that we Nigerians will never learn how to cherish things rather than abusing them? source:log into account to see the info. NB you will to download a newer version for to enjoy your subscription.
I am the oracle of VPN's on my desktop re droidvpn, viatun, openvpnconnect, and goldenfrog.
Openvpn is working, you have no need to download a new version.
Solution: connect your droidvpn, open tap your easyovpn, reload your servers, after complete reload, exit droidvpn, choose server of your choice, from easyovpn off you go.
Note: I disagree openvpn has a free version, but upgradable
Re: Reasons Why All Open Vpn Servers Has Been Shut!!! by Jeffy1206(m): 11:06am On Aug 23, 2013
thank u my guy...for bailing me out here.The guy just the xplain for me na wa o cry undecided
indigene:
I am the oracle of VPN's on my desktop re droidvpn, viatun, openvpnconnect, and goldenfrog.
Openvpn is working, you have no need to download a new version.
Solution: connect your droidvpn, open tap your easyovpn, reload your servers, after complete reload, exit droidvpn, choose server of your choice, from easyovpn off you go.
Note: I disagree openvpn has a free version, but upgradable
Re: Reasons Why All Open Vpn Servers Has Been Shut!!! by Jeffy1206(m): 11:14am On Aug 23, 2013
the more you explain the more u agree with me; ok why password ur server if deir are free. let me ask u a question, have use Droid vpn or pdproxy? those vpns even though u can subscribe they also provide free servers which you are limited to 100mb a day. yes that is what we called free account without you spending a dine on subscription.
4llerbuntu:

OpenVPN is not a "thing" OpenVPN is a VPN standard. its [b]open[/b]source VPN.

Its a free opensource software for enabling VPN.

im not exactly sure how to explain this now............ ok.

Think of it as an "engine".

You have a vpn software in 2 parts. Server side and client side.
I own a server. i install openvpn server software. Then i configure it so that people can get access to it.
i may decide to make it open, or i decide to lock it (password it) so u need a username and password to access it.
i may also decide that you pay me some money to gain access.

you install the client application. you need a Configuration file that contains my server details to access it.

if i have passworded the access, then u need a password (and username) to get access. u also need some security certificate.....

so therefore, the configuration on my server is what will determine what you will access. For example if i want to use it for any network browsing now, i will configure the server to open that network's holes. e.g MTN now needs UDP protocol.

see its hard to explain in lay man terms. but the servers are not "from openvpn". they are somebody's server who uses openvpn software and opened access to some ports.

My point is..... You can make your own OpenVPN network....
Re: Reasons Why All Open Vpn Servers Has Been Shut!!! by 4llerbuntu(m): 1:19pm On Aug 23, 2013
Jeffy1206: the more you explain the more u agree with me; ok why password ur server if deir are free. let me ask u a question, have use Droid vpn or pdproxy? those vpns even though u can subscribe they also provide free servers which you are limited to 100mb a day. yes that is what we called free account without you spending a dine on subscription.

OpenVPN is free. it exists irrespective of ur free browsing.

The Service provided by specific people using OpenVPN software is not

you said openvpn has been blocked.

most of those people you refer to dont even use openvpn.

and i have told u you dont even need anybody's VPN when u can deploy your own openvpn grin grin

we no agree o. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why All Open Vpn Servers Has Been Shut!!! by Ogetogeo(m): 1:38pm On Aug 23, 2013
Please all, OPENVPN is an Open source that VPN providers use. It has never been blocked and can not be blocked.

What happened is that due to abuse from some users on the Tweakware which uses OPenVPN, the servers were shut for some days.

The goodnews now is that some new servers have been added to replace some of the shut ones.
You can download new servers here:

http://koboplace..com/2013/07/no-need-rooting-openvpn-mtn-bis-on-your.html

We apologize for the inconveniences caused.
Re: Reasons Why All Open Vpn Servers Has Been Shut!!! by Jeffy1206(m): 1:49pm On Aug 23, 2013
guy if u had used an openvpn through tweakwarevpn den u ll understand what am talking about. Even on their site de info was given that they shut down their servers. And mind u am not disputing that is an open source abeg.this ur argument sef get k leg o grin grin grin grin grin grin Anyways for those using tweakwarevpn(openvpn)goodnews u can now get new servers to enjoy your connections. tanx case closed pls!!!
4llerbuntu:

OpenVPN is free. it exists irrespective of ur free browsing.

The Service provided by specific people using OpenVPN software is not

you said openvpn has been blocked.

most of those people you refer to dont even use openvpn.

and i have told u you dont even need anybody's VPN when u can deploy your own openvpn grin grin

we no agree o. cheesy
Re: Reasons Why All Open Vpn Servers Has Been Shut!!! by Nobody: 2:28pm On Aug 23, 2013
@jeffy I think you are confused tweakware vpn reseller
open vpn is free and will always be free
it's the tweakware vpn(ovpn profile) is what you should talk about

please rename the thread to
"Reasons Why All Tweakware Vpn Servers Has Been
Shut!!! "

for example I use Havillah vpn profile with open vpn

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why All Open Vpn Servers Has Been Shut!!! by Jeffy1206(m): 3:23pm On Aug 23, 2013
kai!!! me i use openvpn on my fone and tweakware is a source of openvpn... i still stand that dere is no free account of 100mb lyk de droid and pdproxy are. And if dere as u claimed to why not show de way to get that. mind u I downloaded open vpn from playstore and not ovpn pls!! mind u am not confused!!
Brainrex: @jeffy I think you are confused tweakware vpn reseller

"Reasons Why All Tweakware Vpn Servers Has Been
Shut!!! "

for example I use Havillah vpn profile with open vpn
Re: Reasons Why All Open Vpn Servers Has Been Shut!!! by Jeffy1206(m): 3:29pm On Aug 23, 2013
@Brainrex. i want u to read this and compare with the topic...Please all, OPENVPN is an Open source that VPN providers use. It has never been blocked and can not be blocked.

What happened is that due to abuse from some users on the Tweakware which uses OPenVPN, the servers were shut for some days.

The goodnews now is that some new servers have been added to replace some of the shut ones. you don't expect a topic to be self explanatory what will happen to the body?
Re: Reasons Why All Open Vpn Servers Has Been Shut!!! by demex24(m): 6:29pm On Aug 23, 2013
@jeffy howva wft ur fone
Re: Reasons Why All Open Vpn Servers Has Been Shut!!! by OCTAVO: 7:04pm On Aug 23, 2013
Brainrex: @jeffy I think you are confused tweakware vpn reseller

"Reasons Why All Tweakware Vpn Servers Has Been Shut!!! "
Oh yeah! Change the topic like it was suggested bro.
It is misleading.
It is Tweakware Vpn servers that was shut!
Open Vpn is a free source that can make use of any Vpn server (either free or paid).
Re: Reasons Why All Open Vpn Servers Has Been Shut!!! by Nobody: 7:29pm On Aug 23, 2013
Jeffy1206: kai!!! me i use openvpn on my fone and tweakware is a source of openvpn... i still stand that dere is no free account of 100mb lyk de droid and pdproxy are. And if dere as u claimed to why not show de way to get that. mind u I downloaded open vpn from playstore and not ovpn pls!! mind u am not confused!!
Oga I never said tweakwarevpn is free
check my previous post
open Vpn is free to use maybe you should do a research on vpn since you are a noob

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why All Open Vpn Servers Has Been Shut!!! by Jeffy1206(m): 8:02pm On Aug 23, 2013
i think u are de biggestnoob peace out!!! wink tongue tongue tongue embarassed lipsrsealed undecided dont blame u sha.
Brainrex:
Oga I never said tweakwarevpn is free
check my previous post
open Vpn is free to use maybe you should do a research on vpn since you are a noob
Re: Reasons Why All Open Vpn Servers Has Been Shut!!! by Jeffy1206(m): 8:04pm On Aug 23, 2013
nigerians sef. Never judge a book by its cover abi u no knw am? grin grin shocked shocked
OCTAVO:
Oh yeah! Change the topic like it was suggested bro.
It is misleading.
It is Tweakware Vpn servers that was shut!
Open Vpn is a free source that can make use of any Vpn server (either free or paid).

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why All Open Vpn Servers Has Been Shut!!! by Jeffy1206(m): 8:15pm On Aug 23, 2013
And don't get it twisted i cant remember saying that open vpn was shut; but its servers...or what does server means since am a no[s][/s]ob... let me clarify something here, I downloaded an openvpn from playstore but used tweakware server on it so if de servers were shut den will it be wrong to say "its servers were shut"(openvpn)? forget the fact that u use ur own server as it is a free source;that is where the body comes which talked about tweakware vpn servers. @brainrex and ors. I just want to thank you all for this conversation as u may be right in ur own way and so am I...
Re: Reasons Why All Open Vpn Servers Has Been Shut!!! by OCTAVO: 8:17pm On Aug 23, 2013
Jeffy1206: And don't get it twisted i cant remember saying that open vpn was shut; but its servers...or what does server means since am a noob
Check your topic bro cheesy

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why All Open Vpn Servers Has Been Shut!!! by Nobody: 8:26pm On Aug 23, 2013
OCTAVO:
Check your topic bro cheesy
leave this guy he's still a learner I just dey pity 4llerbuntu wet take time xplain for am
dude thinks tweakware owns open vpn

like I said I use HAVILAH VPN via Open Vpn

4 Likes

Re: Reasons Why All Open Vpn Servers Has Been Shut!!! by Jeffy1206(m): 8:34pm On Aug 23, 2013
LOLZZZ grin grin grin grin i laughed at ur ignorance. if u think am one of those nairalanders dat blabs anyhow then u gat to check again...who will think that tweakware owns openvpn? Even when u check their site they make ref. to openvpn. I also research here that brainrex is one nairalander that think he knows all. very insultive and high exteem. I pity for u and people around you. sorry sir embarassed undecided cry
Brainrex:
leave this guy he's still a learner I just dey pity 4llerbuntu wet take time xplain for am
dude thinks tweakware owns open vpn

like I said I use HAVILAH VPN via Open Vpn
Re: Reasons Why All Open Vpn Servers Has Been Shut!!! by Jeffy1206(m): 8:43pm On Aug 23, 2013
anywhere saying "all" could be wrong but using openvpn server is not or better still, shud be some servers where shut...
Re: Reasons Why All Open Vpn Servers Has Been Shut!!! by Jeffy1206(m): 8:45pm On Aug 23, 2013
well i cudnt go there today i'll check tomoro den u ll hear from me.
demex24: @jeffy howva wft ur fone
Re: Reasons Why All Open Vpn Servers Has Been Shut!!! by Nobody: 9:08pm On Aug 23, 2013
Jeffy1206: LOLZZZ grin grin grin grin i laughed at ur ignorance. if u think am one of those nairalanders dat blabs anyhow then u gat to check again...who will think that tweakware owns openvpn? Even when u check their site they make ref. to openvpn. I also research here that brainrex is one nairalander that think he knows all. very insultive and high exteem. I pity for u and people around you. sorry sir embarassed undecided cry

Ain't got time for kids cool

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

TECNO Boom J8 Full Review / Android Operamini Saved Pages Location???????????????? / Charge Your Phone With Apples And Potatoes. SEE How It Works!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.