Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,810 members, 7,802,599 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:04 PM

Femi Fani-kayode: The Nationality Question - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Femi Fani-kayode: The Nationality Question (2493 Views)

Senators Disagree On Nationality Of Killer Herdsmen / Femi Fani-kayode The Paedophile,cocaine Addict.....video / Femi Fani-kayode: The Woolwich Killing And The Illuminati (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Femi Fani-kayode: The Nationality Question by Nobody: 10:16pm On Aug 22, 2013
The truth
Permit me to begin this contribution with two incontrovertible assertions. Firstly had we successfully answered what has come to be collectively known as the ”Nationality Question” in the ’50′s and ’60′s there would have been no civil war in 1967. Secondly had we not chosen to forget our differences but instead had we tried to understand them the last fifty three years of our existence as an independent nation would have witnessed far more unity,stability and progress than it has done. The agitation and quest to answer the ”Nationality Question” in Nigeria will not stop until the question has been successfully answered no matter how long our leaders, politicians, professionals and intellectuals ignore it and attempt to brush it under the carpet. The quest to properly identify, situate and define the rights, duties and obligations of each and every one of our numerous nationalities in a wider Nigeria will never end until it is achieved. As a matter of fact given the sheer desperation of each of the major ethnic groups to win control at the centre in 2015, the activities of Boko Haram, the agitation of the Niger Deltans, the resurrection of MASSOB, the unmistakable resurgence of a rather extreme form of Igbo nationalism, the activities of various ethnic nationalist groups and the growing religious and sectarian divide in our country it has only just started in earnest and it is a cause that I have chosen to dedicate my life to. As long as I live I will resist the idea of any part of Yorubaland being turned into a ”no-man’s land” where the Yoruba people are meant to live as second class citizens and never-do-wells and where they are treated like filth. If that makes me a tribalist or a bigot, then so be it.

If loving my nationality,which comprises of 50 million Yoruba people, and adoring my nation of 160 million Nigerians at the same time is a crime then I am guilty of that crime. I do not have to love one at the expense of the other. We are not America which is a nation that is made-up of immigrants and ex-slaves and a country which literally wiped out the indigenous population that they met there when they arrived who were known as the Red Indians. We are not Americans who somehow found their way into the world barely three hundred years ago but we are Nigerians. And each and every one of the great and numerous nationalities that make up our beautiful nation has a noble heritage that goes back for thousands of years. We may not be as developed or as wealthy as they are but we know who we are and we know where we are coming from. That is why I am proud of this country and all the various nationalities that make it up regardless of our difficulties and challenges. Yet we are not so different to some others. In the United Kingdom there are basically four nationalities. The English, the Welsh, the Irish and the Scottish. Each of these four nationalities is actually a tribe yet you very rarely find a British person who will tell you that he is not proud of his Scottish, Welsh, Irish or English heritage AND at the same time proud of his nation. He is first an Irishman, a Welshman, an Englishman or a Scot before being British even though he cherishes being both. He does not have to sacrifice his Irish, Welsh, English or Scottish heritage and roots for Britain and neither does he have to sacrifice Britain for his heritage and roots. He balances it well, he has the best of both worlds and this is indeed a wonderful thing. He derives his strength from both. He enjoys being Irish, Scottish, English or Welsh and cherishes it deeply just as much as he enjoys and cherishes being British. And today, centuries after Great Britain was established as one nation under one Crown and one Royal Sovereign the British citizen still cherishes his primary nationality and tribal heritage so much that power has been gradually devolved from the centre at Westminster in London to the various tribes and ethnic nationalities in the regions over the years.

Such is the agitation for the restoration of ethnic identity and devolution of power in the United Kingdom today that Scotland is preparing for a referendum to determine whether her people should remain in Great Britain or not. This is a beautiful thing. It is known as self-determination and no human being ought to be denied that right. Taking pride in your primary roots and your ancient heritage is not a crime.That is how it is meant to be. It is only in Nigeria that we call this perfectly natural and wholesome phenomenon ”tribalism”. We give it an ugly name and we ascribe to it an even uglier connotation. Everywhere else in the world the reality of ethnic nationalities is acknowledged, respected, valued, cherished and well-managed. As a matter of fact such diversity is a source of strength and pride for many. For example in the nation of Belgium one will find that there is an ancient dichotomy and deep rivalries between the Flemish people of the north and the Walloons of the south. They speak different languages and have a completely different history and cultural heritage yet these two great and ancient nationalities or tribes are proudly Belgian and they rally under one flag. This is how it ought to be everywhere. I have no hate or ill-feeling towards any other ethnic group in this country or anywhere else. God knows that that is the truth. If I did I would say so and damn the consequences. Racism and tribalism is below me and such primordial traits offend my sensibilities. To harbour such views is well below my intellectual and spiritual dignity. Those that know me well can attest to this. I am just too big, too large-hearted and too well educated for that sort of thing and most important of all my christian faith and heritage does not allow me to look down on anyone or any other race. We are all children of the Living God. I have as many non-Yoruba friends just as I have Yoruba ones. I look down on no other human being, no other race and no other nationality and I do not claim that the Yoruba are better than anyone else.

[b]What I insist on though is that I should be allowed to acknowledge my history and to preserve my ancient heritage, culture, values and ethos. I also insist that my people should be allowed to develop at their own pace. I am not ashamed of who I am and where I come from and had it not been for others holding us back I know where the south west and the Yoruba would have been by now in terms of development. And neither would I go to England or America or Enugu or Kano and claim that I own the place or that my people built it from scratch and that they generate all the money that is there. I would never say or do such a thing and neither should I be expected to sit back quietly when someone says it about my land, my people and my territory. In this debate I have threatened no-one, I have incited no-one, I have accused no-one and I have not sought to silence anyone with threats or blackmail. I have not expressed hatred towards anyone. Yet my family has been subjected to insults, threats, humiliation, hate-speech, misrepresentation, falsehood, intimidation, calls for arrest and lies by some people who really ought to know better. My late father of blessed memory has been insulted during the course of this debate as has my late mother, my wife, my children and my people from the south west. We have been called all sorts of names and subjected to the most filthy and disgraceful abuse and malicious lies[/b]. And now some ask ask me if I will ever stop this fight for the rights of my people. The answer is that I will not stop because a price has already been paid. I will never renounce my views. As a matter of fact now more than ever before I see how important it is for us to ensure a certain degree of separate development in this country and to hold on to our heritage because we are just so different. Those that have chosen the path of aggression and open hostility and that seek to suppress our voices, intimidate us into silence and drown us with their propaganda are vulgar, crude and rude. That is their way. They are also experts at telling lies. Yet they cannot silence a whole nationality or just wish us away. We are here to stay. I am not looking for trouble and I abhor strife and violence. To me this is simply an intellectual exercise and we can agree to disagree and still remain compatriots and friends. However I will not give up my identity because that is all I have. I will not betray the dreams of my forefathers and their aspirations for our people. For four generations now the Fani-Kayode have contributed positively to the affairs of this country. Unlike some of those that are bleating and insulting us we have paid our dues. Like millions of others we have a stake here and we are from Yorubaland. I have a little Fulani blood in me too and I am very proud of that but I am first and foremost a Yoruba and I will live and die for the Yoruba and indeed for my nation Nigeria if needs be.
[b]
I have written about virtually every major ethnic group and nationality in this country over the last twenty three years and sometimes in very harsh terms, including my own, Yet it is only when I disagree with some of our Igbo brothers and sisters and dispute their claims on Lagos that all hell breaks loose. Well one thing is clear. Whether they like it or not as long as God gives me life I will voice out my opinion and articulate what millions of the Yoruba are secretly thinking on this matter but are too shy, gentle and polite to say. They may not want to talk but I will talk for them and I will voice their legitimate concerns about the future of every Yoruba child in an increasingly hostile, ugly and unsustainable Nigeria. All the smear campaigns in the world cannot change that and neither can it stop it. If God does not smear me or mine, no man can smear us.This battle is more important to me than politics or anything else. It is a battle for the very survival of my people and my nation and with my intellect, my pen, my tongue, my knowledge and my wits I intend to fight it till the day that I die. It is my right to voice out my views and create awareness about the imminent danger that my people are facing of being overwhelmed by others that were never really part of them.[/b] They say our territory is ”no-man’s land” yet they will never offer us theirs in return or even allow us to build there. Who is the fool here? And when we complain they have the nerve to insult us. Enough is enough. It stops today. I am not a racist or a bigot but I believe that I have a right to defend that which is mine and to preserve my identity. Though I love being both, let it be clearly understood that I am a Yorubaman before being a Nigerian and I make no apology for that.

We ignore our differences at our own peril and this is not only naive but it is also exceptionally dangerous. They made the same mistake in Yugoslavia through the ’70′s and 80′s until the explosion came out of the blue in the ’90′s and all hell broke loose. No-one saw the war coming in that country except the more discerning and brilliant minds who had been shouting for decades before it came that their very own ”nationality question” had to be answered and that Colonel Broznin Tito’s dream of an eternal and everlasting old Yugoslavia was unsustainable. No-one listened to those discerning voices and consequently millions were killed in the most horrendous and vicious civil war that Europe has ever seen. From being one country where the people and numerous nationalities were compelled to ”forget their differences” by law, Yugoslavia was eventually broken up into five sovereign independent states as a consequence of fratricidal butchery and unrestrained and all-out war. I pray that we never break up and that we never witness or fight such a war in Nigeria. The answer is to understand and settle our differences and not to conveniently forget them.

http://dailypost.com.ng/2013/08/22/femi-fani-kayode-the-nationality-question/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=femi-fani-kayode-the-nationality-question

7 Likes

Re: Femi Fani-kayode: The Nationality Question by frederal(m): 10:29pm On Aug 22, 2013
Mehn....FFK..Powerfool man. Ifubelu ife
Re: Femi Fani-kayode: The Nationality Question by gratiaeo(m): 10:34pm On Aug 22, 2013
Re: Femi Fani-kayode: The Nationality Question by gratiaeo(m): 10:52pm On Aug 22, 2013
Nawaa for this Yoruba man. I never heard that Igbos are taking land by force from yoruba people.
This sound like inferiority complex

1 Like

Re: Femi Fani-kayode: The Nationality Question by basisop(m): 12:30am On Aug 23, 2013
The cry of a drowning man. He should expect more kobokos. He has rendered himself totally irrelevant in today's modern Nigeria that forbids bigots.
Re: Femi Fani-kayode: The Nationality Question by agbameta: 12:36am On Aug 23, 2013
1. I am not ashamed of who I am and where I come from and had it not been for others holding us back I know where the south west and the Yoruba would have been by now in terms of development.

2. I will never renounce my views. As a matter of fact now more than ever before I see how important it is for us to ensure a certain degree of separate development in this country and to hold on to our heritage because we are just so different. Those that have chosen the path of aggression and open hostility and that seek to suppress our voices, intimidate us into silence and drown us with their propaganda are vulgar, crude and rude. That is their way. They are also experts at telling lies.

God bless FFK.

8 Likes

Re: Femi Fani-kayode: The Nationality Question by Nobody: 12:37am On Aug 23, 2013
But he wasn't a bigot when he penned this piece:

“can go back to fight a war to keep this country together even at 71…, some people are saying that “should anything happen to President Jonathan, forget about Nigeria” and so on. I know those who are saying this. Yes, they are supporters of the President. But I know the President is a sensible person so don’t waste your time saying that the world would come to an end if something happens to your son. Of course he is your son but he is our President. I have always respected these people but these things that they say amaze me. These are the same people that went to school, people who went to universities, people that are educated and people who have held positions of responsibility. There is a doctrine known as the ”Doctrine of Nigeria’s Settled Issues” and nobody should attempt to tamper with them. Number one, I don’t want any one of us to tamper with anything to do with Nigerian unity. Number two, the republican constitution is also a settled issue, more or less. Number three, the states are the federating units of this country and number four we are a capitalist country. Anybody that wants to talk about this country must make sure that he doesn’t do anything that will disrupt these basic settled issues in our political life. Anyone that is talking about dismembering this country you should not listen to him. If we see such things as ”christian south” and ”muslim north” we should disregard it. Even if such people say it the media should ignore it because you know it is not the truth, so you should not even write it”-

GENERAL IBRAHIM BABANGIDA, The Daily Trust Annual Dialogue, Abuja, 26th January 2012.

I have nothing but the deepest respect and affection for General Ibrahim Babangida and those that know me can attest to this. He is not only a great and profoundly good man that has sacrificed so much for our nation but he is also one of the very few truly detribalised leaders who genuinely and honestly love Nigeria and who passionately believe that the interest of every Nigerian is better served if our country remains as one.

I do not for one minute doubt General Babangida’s sincerity of purpose or his deep sense of patriotism. Anyone that can take a bullet to keep Nigeria one must always be given his due respect and honour. Yet despite my personal feelings and affection for the General I am afraid that, from an intellectual and political perspective, I have to respectfully and humbly disagree with him on this issue. I do not believe that there is any such thing as a ”Doctrine of Settled Issues” in our body polity and neither, in my view, is Nigeria as we know it today a sacrosanct, unbreakable or unchangeable union.

It is trite that the only thing that is certain in the life of men and nations is change. Whether we like it or not change is like an irresistable tide and, when its time comes, it is like a moving train and a raging wind which crushes or blows away anyone or anything that stands in it’s way.

You either bend with it or you break. I am a student of history and it may interest those that subscribe to this rather arcane and anachronistic theory known as the ”Doctrine Of Settled Issues” that Nigeria remains the only mega-nation and forced union of incompatibles that the British colonial masters cobbled together at the beginning of the 20th century that still remains together today. There were actually three in all and the other two, namely the Sudan and India, have broken into two and three pieces respectively over the years. Why should Nigeria be any different?

More importantly why should we be told that Nigeria MUST be different? Would this have been so if there was oil in the north? Again when one considers the delightful and miraculous ”crumbling” of the almighty Soviet Union (another forced artificial union) or the breaking up of the old Yugoslavia and the emancipation and creation of numerous new countries in the Balkans and eastern Europe which came as a consequence of that magnificent change. I ask again, why should Nigeria be any different?

The words of the Iron Lady Margaret Thatcher are instructive here. In the September 2, 1991 edition of Newsweek she said, ”the lesson of this century is that countries put together artificially will fall apart. National identities will not be suppressed”. Twenty years after these famous words were spoken we are beginning to witness their relevance and veracity in Nigeria. The right to self-determination and to forcefully resist what many feel is an internal colonial system is a legitimate and inalienable right of all free men and women. You cannot hold me down and keep me in your house on your own terms and deny me the right to be free or to say or do as I please.

If you do not treat me fairly and if you continue to make me feel worthless and full of fear of your terror and ability to inflict violence on me and mine, then eventually, whether you like it or not, I will leave. No one signed their life or their future away to bondage and none of us subscribed to the view that decisions about our country and our furure can and have been made by our past leaders and heroes and that they can no longer be changed or altered. I say that they can if the circumstances determine that this must be so. And if you do not give us our rights eventually we will exercise them by force and regardless of how you feel.

As much as I am amongst those that have criticised the Goodluck Jonathan administration forcefully, objectively and vigorously over some of their policies in the last few months let me make two things clear. Firstly my criticisms are borne out of my concern for our country and nothing else. I have nothing against Mr. President personally other than the fact that by not getting it right he is playing into the hands of the ”born to rule” northern cabal who believe that he does not have a right to be President simply because he is an Ijaw man. This cabal believes that no southerner should have the right to rule in peace without being told what to do or being teleguided or controlled by them.

They have sworn to make the country ungovernable for Jonathan and we are now seeing the results of that threat. For the record let me just warn these ethnic supremacists that they must not misconstrue the position that some of us have taken when it comes to this government and it’s policies as an endorsement of their deeply conspiratorial and despicable ethnic agenda. I should also add that Jonathan must not die under any mysterious circumstances. If this were to happen there would be no Nigeria left afterwards. This is because we that are from the south, together with our compatriots from the Middle Belt will rise up, join hands together and resist the Phillistines, the Amalekites and the usurpers in our midst to the last man.

By the time it is all over they will know that it is only when you kill a madman that you will know that he has friends and family. The new Nigeria has no place and no room for those that believe in the ”born to rule” philosophy or those that subscribe to any form of Boko Harm or Taliban-style islamic fundamentalism. We will not tolerate it, we will not bow to it and we will resist it with every fibre of our being.

I have said it before and I will say it again- if Nigeria is not a place that every ethnic nationality is regarded as being equal and is treated as such then let there be no more Nigeria. There is nothing that is sacrosanct about a forced union of incompatibles. If you are in a bad marriage you get out of it before you kill each other. The Lugardian ”poor husband of the north” cannot force the ”rich wife of the south” to remain in this unholy and iniquitous union for much longer unless the terms are right and unless there is equity and justice for all.

The mistake we made in 1967 by not standing on Aburi will not be repeated. The days of the master/servant relationship that we have witnessed between the north and the south for 51 years of our national existence are long over and they shall never return again. This country is moving forward and she is not going back and if Presdent Goodluck Jonathan can just get his act together and vigorously resist the hegemonist giants in the land he would have my full support and that of millions of others. This is the time for a new vision for our country. It is the time for new leaders who are ready to stand up and speak the truth about our precarious state of affairs and about the direction in which our nation must go. It is the time to talk about the convening of a Sovereign National Conference and to answer the Nationality Question. It is the time for courage. Let us not take our unity for granted or treat it as ”a given”. Nigeria must change, she must be restructured, she must be reformed and she must make every single ”Nigerian” believe that he or she can get to the top regardless of their nationality or faith. Other than that, whether we like it or not, Nigeria will eventually break.

Chief Femi Fani-Kayode is a two time former minister of the Federal Republic of Nigeria

https://www.nairaland.com/857627/nigeria-eventually-break-written-femi
Re: Femi Fani-kayode: The Nationality Question by petrov10: 7:33am On Aug 23, 2013
This dude ought to shut up..Its all over for him
Re: Femi Fani-kayode: The Nationality Question by Controversy: 7:59am On Aug 23, 2013
agbameta:

1. I am not ashamed of who I am and where I come from and had it not been for others holding us back I know where the south west and the Yoruba would have been by now in terms of development.

2. I will never renounce my views. As a matter of fact now more than ever before I see how important it is for us to ensure a certain degree of separate development in this country and to hold on to our heritage because we are just so different. Those that have chosen the path of aggression and open hostility and that seek to suppress our voices, intimidate us into silence and drown us with their propaganda are vulgar, crude and rude. That is their way. They are also experts at telling lies.

God bless FFK.
If not that yoruba join force to stop Biafra who knows
I hate it when a man crying like baby, pls Femi or whatever you called your self, we don't want war in this part of the world, Igbos are not our problem even though they are arrogant. We have been living happily with them without trouble.
Isn't not our men (Adekunle, OBJ and others) stoped them when they said that they are tired of Nigeria.
Enough of whatever you are smoking they in Ogun state
How did your ministry benefit Yoruba land when you are in charge?

2 Likes

Re: Femi Fani-kayode: The Nationality Question by Quaritch(m): 8:27am On Aug 23, 2013
Walahi this guy keeps earning my respect!
But many will rather live like the proverbial ostrich.
The issue of tribalism can never be separated from Nigeria, the more we keep burying it, the more it keeps resurrecting like the phoenix.
The solution is true federalism or to your tent o Israel!

5 Likes

Re: Femi Fani-kayode: The Nationality Question by qmd24(m): 9:56am On Aug 23, 2013
The words of the Iron Lady Margaret
Thatcher are instructive here. In the
September 2, 1991 edition of
Newsweek she said, ”the lesson of
this century is that countries put
together artificially will fall apart.
National identities will not be
suppressed”.

1 Like

Re: Femi Fani-kayode: The Nationality Question by Rhino5dm: 10:20am On Aug 23, 2013
[size=18pt]GOD Bless Femi Fani Kayode![/size]

6 Likes

Re: Femi Fani-kayode: The Nationality Question by Asoozy: 10:47am On Aug 23, 2013
Stop saying God bless Fani alone. Start printing his articles and start distributing to the grassroot Yorubas. Translate it if need be and perhaps read it out to the illiterates. Yoruba land owners need to be re-educated.

Stop selling or renting to certain people from the other side of the Naija!

Ijafara lewu!

Yoruba heritage is at stake! Your most priced land is at stake! APC is at stake! If Lagos falls to PDP, APC would be finished!

Tinubu is ill and Fashola is too docile and politically correct to protect the Yoruba interest and our seat of power.

Yoruba stop ronuing and start acting!

Omo Yoruba ise Ya!!!

3 Likes

Re: Femi Fani-kayode: The Nationality Question by KnowAll(m): 10:53am On Aug 23, 2013
[size=16pt]FFK has become a voice of awakening, championing the cause of the Yoruba's in this modern era. We should embrace his clarion call, his effrontery, eagerness, and audacity to thread where many of our brothers shy away from. The Yoruba,s whether we like it or not are overwhelmed in present day Nigeria, where minnow tribes like idoma, Igala, and Ijaw comes first in the pecking order b4 the Yoruba's despite the Yoruba's numerical strength in about 10 states of the federation and across our border in Benin Republic.

The Yoruba's who use to be at the fore-front of the Nigeria nation, has suddenly being relegated to irrelevance in present day Nigeria, the Fumilayo-Ransome Kuti's Nigeria's first female driver, Herbert Macualey's Nigeria's first "astute Politician", and Fela-Anikulapo Kuti's Nigerian's first "mega-star musician" era has gone for good. FFK's call is a legitimate call, that needs to be examined judiciously although some of his diatribes borders on "juvenile intransigence" that does not mean we should in every case throw the baby and the bath-tub away, what we should do instead, is to separate the wheat from the chaff and I can assure my brethren there are more wheat than chaff from what this man is saying.[/size] cool

6 Likes

Re: Femi Fani-kayode: The Nationality Question by Chrisbenogor(m): 10:57am On Aug 23, 2013
This is the simple reason why he would be confined to the drudgery of being a political commentator only. A leader would be wiser than to use words like this. I am truly ashamed of this man.
Re: Femi Fani-kayode: The Nationality Question by T8ksy(m): 11:11am On Aug 23, 2013
Though I love being both, let it be clearly understood that I am a Yorubaman before being a Nigerian and I make no apology for that.

GBABE!!!

Taking pride in your primary roots and your ancient heritage is not a crime.That is how it is meant to be. It is only in Nigeria that we call this perfectly natural and wholesome phenomenon ”tribalism”.

Right on the point,FFK! Love your neighbor as your self it says in the bible. It did not say love your neighbor MORE than yourself. Charity begins at home. I cannot love my friend more than i love myself and i am not prepared to give up my self identity for a fake united country. Funny enough, it's actually those who are quick to label others with this ignoble tag that are its true culprit but they have learned the act of regurgitating specious tales aggressively and shamelessly in order to achieve their nefarious objectives.

1 Like

Re: Femi Fani-kayode: The Nationality Question by AustineE1: 11:28am On Aug 23, 2013
Asoozy: Stop saying God bless Fani alone. Start printing his articles and start distributing to the grassroot Yorubas. Translate it if need be and perhaps read it out to the illiterates. Yoruba land owners need to be re-educated.

Stop selling or renting to certain people from the other side of the Naija!

Ijafara lewu!

Yoruba heritage is at stake! Your most priced land is at stake! APC is at stake! If Lagos falls to PDP, APC would be finished!

Tinubu is ill and Fashola is too docile and politically correct to protect the Yoruba interest and our seat of power.

Yoruba stop ronuing and start acting!

Omo Yoruba ise Ya!!!
..but dont you think its late already,those people(tribe)you talked about,may have had more lagos land in their possession than the yorubas,and in an open market economy,the highest bidder gets it all!Hunger knows no tribe,religion or boundary,people will always sell to the highest bidder,in this 21st century,it is simply the battle of the fittest....so dude,go get yourself a life and make some money or die trying!I LoVe CaPiTalism!!!
Re: Femi Fani-kayode: The Nationality Question by jaso1(m): 11:48am On Aug 23, 2013
Fani Kayode has sincerely demonstrated that he's a true son of Yoruba race. I think others should emulate his value and imbibe in their culture.
I dump my hat for you Fani, You have spoken well and God will not wipe off your brilliancy.
Those who do not share his perception about situation of things in Nigeria should go and hug transformer.
He said the truth and lies can't rain for life. One day truth shall be known but people who adamant and turn blind and deaf to the truth will definitely find themselves to be blamed when it happened.
I believe as a Nigerian that each tribe known his geographical boundary but if some people now pretend not to know this fact that is their baby. The greed that continue ruling their lives would eventually finished them at the right time.

2 Likes

Re: Femi Fani-kayode: The Nationality Question by gratiaeo(m): 12:30pm On Aug 23, 2013
Lagos 'no mans land'. And Igbo keep on buying more land from Lagos, Femi continue whining.. Stop selling to Igbo is the only answer if not before 2020 Igbos must have acquire 80% of Lagos state. In an open
market economy,the
highest bidder gets it all!
Hunger knows no tribe, religion or boundary,people will always sell to the highest
bidder, in this 21st
century, it is simply the
battle of the fittest.
Re: Femi Fani-kayode: The Nationality Question by olabukola: 12:40pm On Aug 23, 2013
He wrote well but he sounded remorse, I think he learned a few things from all that happened so far.

As for the poster clamouring for no rent for people across the Niger, don't you think that will create a lot vacant property in SW. It makes no economic sense to me. How then do you recoup the funds invested in the property? We should be careful what we advocate for.

Going grass root with the write up is good at least it will awaken our zeal to separate but as far as we remain in the same country our hands are tied and what we can do or not do is very limited.

Did I hear you say Tinubu is sick? what is wrong with him if I may ask.
Re: Femi Fani-kayode: The Nationality Question by gratiaeo(m): 12:41pm On Aug 23, 2013
jas_o: Fani Kayode has sincerely demonstrated that he's a true son of Yoruba race. I think others should emulate his value and imbibe in their culture.
I dump my hat for you Fani, You have spoken well and God will not wipe off your brilliancy.
Those who do not share his perception about situation of things in Nigeria should go and hug transformer.
He said the truth and lies can't rain for life. One day truth shall be known but people who adamant and turn blind and deaf to the truth will definitely find themselves to be blamed when it happened.
I believe as a Nigerian that each tribe known his geographical boundary but if some people now pretend not to know this fact that is their baby. The greed that continue ruling their lives would eventually finished them at the right time.
The funniest thing is that the buyers are not forcing the sellers, and they will continue selling because they have problem to solve. Femi rants, can it put food on their table?
Hunger knows no tribe, religion or boundary, people will always sell to the highest
bidder (Igbos)
Re: Femi Fani-kayode: The Nationality Question by gratiaeo(m): 12:54pm On Aug 23, 2013
olabukola: He wrote well but he sounded remorse, I think he learned a few things from all that happened so far.

As for the poster clamouring for no rent for people across the Niger, don't you think that will create a lot vacant property in SW. It makes no economic sense to me. How then do you recoup the funds invested in the property? We should be careful what we advocate for.

Going grass root with the write up is good at least it will awaken our zeal to separate but as far as we remain in the same country our hands are tied and what we can do or not do is very limited.

Did I hear you say Tinubu is sick? what is wrong with him if I may ask.
1000 likes
Come to Agbara, Ikpesa, Iba, etc more than 50 different estate is on sale, who are the buyers? The same Igbo
Without investors land will be valueless in Lagos
Have u ever visited area dominated by Yorubas in Lagos and how it looks like

1 Like

Re: Femi Fani-kayode: The Nationality Question by ImHotepX: 4:03pm On Aug 23, 2013
Wow!! It seems this man reads my posts on nairaland and of late, his opinions and thought process are somewhat the same as mine, when it comes to the Nigerian Nationality vs. Identity issues. Anyway, if you read my posts on nl, Mr. FFK - thanks for being a fan. And I appreciate your efforts in bringing issues like this to national attention. Nigerians needs to be re-educated.

However, if it's just coincidental that we share the same ideology when it comes to Yoruba vis-a-vis their position within the Nigerian state - I guess that's the value of British education and the critical thinking skills it instills in people.

You couldn't have said it better, sir. It's high time Nigerians started acknowledging facts about the country. Nigeria isn't one country, it's a country, made up of different countries. And the different countries/identities within Nigeria must be allowed to thrive on their own and at their own pace, without negating the essence of Nigeria/Nigerian-ness (that's if the country were to survive after 2015), if Nigeria's to move to the next level.

Well written piece - I'm now a fan.

3 Likes

Re: Femi Fani-kayode: The Nationality Question by EMMABC1(m): 6:08pm On Aug 23, 2013
What is FFK turning to; a lunatic or a wacko?
Re: Femi Fani-kayode: The Nationality Question by AustineE1: 8:45pm On Aug 23, 2013
EMMA BC: What is FFK turning to; a lunatic or a wacko?
...on behalf of very hard working igbos,thanks to America for nurturing capitalism,for me and my ilk,CaPitalism is a religion...money talks and s h i t happens!
Re: Femi Fani-kayode: The Nationality Question by Nobody: 9:14pm On Aug 23, 2013
Ibo's need to respect their host states because when you see a yoruba man in your state, he would adhere and respect the laws of your land and your people. Who knows maybe that's why hausas in the north keep on killing ibos in the North and the remaining ibos in the north have refused to find their way home (south-east) because they believe were they are is better than going back home! In kano, what effrontery does an ibo man have to say that Kano is a no man's land or even in kaduna an half hausa state or even in sokoto or Niger state? is it because Yoruba's have been so welcoming and accommodating that is why you all feel free to insult the land! if the traditional rulers in the south-west invoke oro on you, do you know that it will be labelled as genocide against the yorubas!the truth is, we are very accomodating and lets us continue to live in peace with one another and other tribes should not fail to respect their host states

1 Like

Re: Femi Fani-kayode: The Nationality Question by gtrust: 9:29pm On Aug 23, 2013
bennyraz: Ibo's need to respect their host states because when you see a yoruba man in your state, he would adhere and respect the laws of your land and your people. Who knows maybe that's why hausas in the north keep on killing ibos in the North and the remaining ibos in the north have refused to find their way home (south-east) because they believe were they are is better than going back home! In kano, what effrontery does an ibo man have to say that Kano is a no man's land or even in kaduna an half hausa state or even in sokoto or Niger state? is it because Yoruba's have been so welcoming and accommodating that is why you all feel free to insult the land! if the traditional rulers in the south-west invoke oro on you, do you know that it will be labelled as genocide against the yorubas!the truth is, we are very accomodating and lets us continue to live in peace with one another and other tribes should not fail to respect their host states

Did you say 'HOST'

They buy their houses from you and pay you CASH!
They do their business and pay their taxes to government.
They develop your area by building beautiful houses with approval.
They feed themselves.
They pay for their health care.
Most importantly, they are NIGERIANS IN NIGERIA.

Host:
-provides asylum
-pays unemployment allowance
-provides housing befitting for the family
-pay for healthcare
-free education for the children.
-many more responsibilities if you're interested...

so

2 Likes

Re: Femi Fani-kayode: The Nationality Question by Nobody: 9:43pm On Aug 23, 2013
gtrust:

Did you say 'HOST'

They buy their houses from you and pay you CASH!
They do their business and pay their taxes to government.
They develop your area by building beautiful houses with approval.
They feed themselves.
They pay for their health care.
Most importantly, they are NIGERIANS IN NIGERIA.

Host:
-provides asylum
-pays unemployment allowance
-provides housing befitting for the family
-pay for healthcare
-free education for the children.
-many more responsibilities if you're interested...

so
if you are a Nigerian and you ever lived outside the country, you will be responsible for the bolded! Nigerians leaving in UK, US, Canada, netherland, normay, australia actually work and pay their bills and the country involved are considered as host countries. so does the American Government pay immigrants unemployment allowances or pay for their healthcare? pls reason before you type! you all are quick to talk without reasoning and it is a bad habit!

2 Likes

Re: Femi Fani-kayode: The Nationality Question by DanAnyiam: 10:03pm On Aug 23, 2013
KnowAll: [size=16pt]FFK has become a voice of awakening, championing the cause of the Yoruba's in this modern era. We should embrace his clarion call, his effrontery, eagerness, and audacity to thread where many of our brothers shy away from.
You have no idea how insulting this should be for any decent thinking Yoruba man, whether its by accident or design Fani Kayode has becomes the champion of Yoruba. Since when? Since he left govt? This is the same man that said all sort against a great man like Soyinka just because he criticises OBj's government. What an insult to Yoruba that a man jobless for few years now, just like a drowning person decided to ignite ethnic war and that will make him champion of Yoruba nation-What an insult!
Where was him when OPC was formed to champion the interest of Yoruba and OBJ smashed them down and their leader sent to jail without trial? Where was the overnight champion of the modern Yoruba nation. The whole Fani Kayode business is laughable.
Well, my message to any decent Yoruba person is this-If you haven't realise by now that this guys is insulting your intelligent, its rather unfortunate.

1 Like

Re: Femi Fani-kayode: The Nationality Question by DanAnyiam: 11:03pm On Aug 23, 2013
Fani kayode claimed that he is not allowed purchase land or built house in Igboland, I want to invite him to my village in Imo, he is free to buy as much land as he can afford and build as much houses as he want, but I have to warn him that a small piece of land in my village can set him back for a couple of millions. And want to warn him that my villages is not Owerri, Enugu, Aba, Umuahia, Nnewi or Onitsha, where he might need to get back into government and start stealing as much as he can to be able to afford a land in these cities.

I want to invite Fani Kayode to come and trade in Onitsha or Nnewi, but again I must warn him that a 5m x 15m size market store in some part of Onitsha main market goes for around 50 million, that is, if you have any available for sale, then areas like Bright street Onitsha, forget it as you need to sell the whole of your village to be able to afford a market store there.
Some idiots are saying how Yoruba should stop selling their lands or old houses to Igbos, well I can say to those ignorant people is this- wherever there is a willing seller, there is always a willing seller.
What some ignorant people always forget is that, it takes strong courage for Igbos to buy lands to develop in other parts of Nigeria, whenever I hear them complain that they are not allowed to do the same in Igbo, its absolutely laughable. How many non Igbo will have the same courage to buy a land and develop it in Igboland? No one is stopping Fani Kayode investing his money in Umuahia, will have the gut to do it. I take guts, courage and risk for any Nigerian to go to area that is not of his tribe to put a foundation down. That what Igbo does, they have the heart to take risk, which other will never delve into. Its not about conquering Fani Kayode and those with little mind like him

2 Likes

Re: Femi Fani-kayode: The Nationality Question by agbameta: 11:11pm On Aug 23, 2013
Dan Anyiam: cities.

I want to invite Fani Kayode to come and trade in Onitsha or Nnewi

Invitation denied. Who go fall inside trap?

You are not going to kidnap, kill or roast him for diner..

Mba....grin grin

1 Like

Re: Femi Fani-kayode: The Nationality Question by Nobody: 4:34am On Aug 24, 2013
But Femi Fani Kayode's real ancestry is not yoruba, his great grandfather is nupe from niger state who adopted yoruba tribe as his tribe after being trained by bishop ajayi crowther as a returnee slave, so i wonder what d goat is smokiing.

FFK is nupe from Niger state and not Ile-Ife.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mrs Tinubu For Lagos State Governor, 2015! / OAU Students Protest Against Jonthan, Barricade Convoy / Ivory Coast Ex-first Lady, Simone Gbagbo Jailed 20 Years For Election Violence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 152
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.