Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,160 members, 7,780,130 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:05 AM

- Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / (1664 Views)

Help A Frustrated Programmer With Power Problem / Help A Beginner Using Python / Visual Basic Expert Please Save A Soul (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

by Nobody: 12:32am On Aug 23, 2013
pls i want to beg everyone in this forum to pls come to my aid....i have ventured into a few languages and i at least have a understanding of how they operate.... JAVA is one language i believe to be powerful cos off all i have heard people say... i want to learn java from scratch but havent found any useful information on the internet. basically what i want to go into is mobile application development.pls i will foreva b grateful if any geek in here will hold me by the hand and climb this step of java....pls. i speak from my heart. i need materials and very straight forward once...

pls u may comment below or holla me @ chuzzyrules@gmail.com

tanx in anticipation....
Re: by Anuoluwap(m): 1:56am On Aug 23, 2013
To be a mobile app developer. U'll need toolz; apps n ur iQ.
Toolz varies, just search from google ''the useful apps for developing a mobile application''
Or just hook up with Seun himself or any other programmers on Nairaland by trying to get their attention through following their posts. So just holla at them.
Re: by Nobody: 7:22am On Aug 23, 2013
i believe u are one of them so pls help.
Re: by Anuoluwap(m): 7:29am On Aug 23, 2013
Not.
Re: by worldbest(m): 8:10am On Aug 23, 2013
If you think you'd find someone to hold your hand as you venture into Java, then you might be on a long thing. You have do some research on your own and at least get started. If you find yourself in problems (no matter how basic) come online and I'm sure guys would help you out. I personally think asking someone to hold your hand on the internet is just plain lazy. Go on google, type "Java tutorials" and begin from there. When you are done with learning the basics of Java, do another search with the query "Java mobile app development", "getting started with android development" or "getting started with J2ME".
Re: by Nobody: 12:16pm On Aug 23, 2013
i appreciate ur response....not like am being lazy...its d most confusing thing i have had to deal with.....anyways i'll do like
u suggested...
Re: by trytillmake(m): 6:33pm On Aug 26, 2013
Ok Mr want to learn Java for android step by step, i don't know if some1 will be willing to teach u step by step[xcept for payment of course] but i can point u to great step by step websites where u can learn programming easily.

First step go to http://www.homeandlearn.co.uk/java/java.html to learn java step by step there and you will have the basics to tackle other java books and get started in android.

To learn android i will point u to this website [url]en.bookfi.org[/url] where u can download virtually any book u want on any language. search for these books below there [u might search and prefer others]

1. Learn Java for Android Development

2. Sams Teach Yourself Java in 21 Days (Covering Java 7 and Android)

So try these out and get started remember u have to crawl to walk then run, so take all step by step.

Catch u
Re: by losprince(m): 10:41pm On Aug 26, 2013
my guy, seeking help in this programers forsaking website is pointless. i have seen people here who call themselves programers when asked for programing help they will tell u to ask google. WHO THE HELL IS GOOGLE? is he a programer or a search engine? if u know programing as u claim then these questions wont be xo hard as to ask a search engine?

1 Like

Re: by naijaswag1: 10:34am On Aug 27, 2013
I can teach you Java here on Nairaland. Open a thread, come up with a timetable and lets get started.
trytillmake: Ok Mr want to learn Java for android step by step, i don't know if some1 will be willing to teach u step by step[xcept for payment of course] but i can point u to great step by step websites where u can learn programming easily.

First step go to http://www.homeandlearn.co.uk/java/java.html to learn java step by step there and you will have the basics to tackle other java books and get started in android.

To learn android i will point u to this website [url]en.bookfi.org[/url] where u can download virtually any book u want on any language. search for these books below there [u might search and prefer others]

1. Learn Java for Android Development

2. Sams Teach Yourself Java in 21 Days (Covering Java 7 and Android)

So try these out and get started remember u have to crawl to walk then run, so take all step by step.

Catch u

The bolded will only create confusion for you.
Re: by Nobody: 7:38pm On Aug 27, 2013
naija_swag: I can teach you Java here on Nairaland. Open a thread, come up with a timetable and lets get started.

i appreciate you so much...please can u give me your mail so i can contact you and we start....thank you
Re: by meshybizzo(m): 10:04am On Aug 29, 2013
naija_swag: I can teach you Java here on Nairaland. Open a thread, come up with a timetable and lets get started.

Well that's good bt I think "Sams Teach Yourself Android Application Development in 24 Hours" is a really good book for beginners. + am wondering how much time you do have 2 teach online? undecided
Re: by naijaswag1: 1:45pm On Aug 29, 2013
public class Chuzzyrules{

public static void main(String[] args){

System.out.println("Drop your email here, I will contact you" );
}

}

meshybizzo:

Well that's good bt I think "Sams Teach Yourself Android Application Development in 24 Hours" is a really good book for beginners. + am wondering how much time you do have 2 teach online? undecided

These kind of books are not indepth for a complete newbie. Someone aimed with the knowledge of another programming language can grab the concepts therein.

I remember reading one of them thinking that I was going to be a programmer after 24 days and I was plunged into the greatest confusion and obscurity I have ever had learning.

I learned this craft free while on the pages of Nairaland. I remember how so awed I was the day Seun point me to an API documentation he was working on in Java. Basically, I taught myself. I sought advice from Seun and few programmers on Nairaland, StackOverflow and many more websites where I always encountered answers and solutions

A good man once said, free I receive, freely I give. I feel obliged to altruistically give out this hard knowledge to any willing fellow.

There's always time for everything if only its top on your list.
Re: by Nobody: 8:33pm On Aug 29, 2013
naija_swag: public class Chuzzyrules{

public static void main(String[] args){

System.out.println("Drop your email here, I will contact you" );
}

}

These kind of books are not indepth for a complete newbie. Someone aimed with the knowledge of another programming language can grab the concepts therein.

I remember reading one of them thinking that I was going to be a programmer after 24 days and I was plunged into the greatest confusion and obscurity I have ever had learning.

I learned this craft free while on the pages of Nairaland. I remember how so awed I was the day Seun point me to an API documentation he was working on in Java. Basically, I taught myself. I sought advice from Seun and few programmers on Nairaland, StackOverflow and many more websites where I always encountered answers and solutions

A good man once said, free I receive, freely I give. I feel obliged to altruistically give out this hard knowledge to any willing fellow.

There's always time for everything if only its top on your list.

funny... my mail is chuzzyrules@gmail.com
kindly connect with me...

(1) (Reply)

Which Is The Best Laptop Brand? / #update: Whadup 3.0 Now Available / What Website Is Best To Learn Python Programming For Beginners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.