Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,461 members, 7,808,643 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:47 PM

The Ariel Soap Rumour & Isaiah 29? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Ariel Soap Rumour & Isaiah 29? (43016 Views)

Isaiah 45:7 And Atheists / Ariel Sharon's Death And Prophecy Behind It / TB Joshua Ministries Deny 2Go Death Prophecy Rumour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Ariel Soap Rumour & Isaiah 29? by t12tosin: 5:07pm On Aug 23, 2013
ebamma 3: .And to add to that, please dont use omo detergent again, its the short form of gOMOrrha,the city that was destroyed in the bible for sodomy

shocked lwkmo
Re: The Ariel Soap Rumour & Isaiah 29? by plaetton: 5:10pm On Aug 23, 2013
toba: This may sound funny.

Couple of years ago, In fact it’s close to 20 years ago(in the late 90s) that I was in my grandma's place and a pastor came to pray for the family and after praying, he decided to share the word of God with the family.

He took his bible and told everyone to read Isaiah 29 which centered on the curse placed on the city of Ariel. He then convinced us not to use Ariel detergents any longer.

To be candid, I don’t know if the family heeded back then or not. Yesterday again,, i was studying and then flipped to Isaiah 29 and recalled the incident of close to 20 years ago and laughed.

But seriously is there any correlation between the Ariel city cursed in the bible and Ariel detergent by Procter & Gamble.
Someone once told me years ago that Procter & Gamble claimed that they give certain % of their earnings to the devil/Satan. How true or how false, i don't know.

To have an idea of how long this is, see the below article

Read more on http://urbanlegends.about.com/od/business/a/procter_gamble.htm

Here's what the bible says

Isaiah 29

My questions are

1) Did you hear about the rumour back then?
2) If you did, what was your reaction?
3) Is there truly a correlation between the Ariel in the bible and that of P&G?
4) Why did P&G choose the brand name Ariel as against any other non controversial brand name?

This thread is just for discussion.

Toba, Toba.
Na wa o.
Even you.
So religion has eaten so deep into your thinking faculties that it is now capable of generating this kind of serious and pitiful comedy?

You see what we mean when we atheists say that you religious sheeple are in bondage; very severe kind of mental bondage?.

I weep and pity for the consumers of religious garbage and passengers of that doomed slave ship called "Jesus".

The slave ship Jesus has got you sailing round and round now till you are dizzy and disoriented.

Pleases come out of that god-dammed slave ship!

1 Like

Re: The Ariel Soap Rumour & Isaiah 29? by Nobody: 5:13pm On Aug 23, 2013
Nawa! devil properties many O! There re stil more we ve nt known abt, God pls help ur children.
Re: The Ariel Soap Rumour & Isaiah 29? by t12tosin: 5:13pm On Aug 23, 2013
abi o, Jericho nko, n ppl still bear d name. the question is by using d detergent, is ur life span getting reduced or devil wif a mighty club dey chase u for dream?
the thing is follow ur mind , n if ur conscience is against it, stop using it.
As for me o, hin dey brighten clothes wella, for white fabrics sha
Re: The Ariel Soap Rumour & Isaiah 29? by MaziOmenuko: 5:14pm On Aug 23, 2013
Same way they saw a name 'Abia' in the bible and named it on a state; thereby claiming its 'God's own state.'
We all know how well the 'God's state' is faring now.

#Nonsense#

2 Likes

Re: The Ariel Soap Rumour & Isaiah 29? by idupaul: 5:17pm On Aug 23, 2013
Nonsense .. Agents of Unilever at work again .. Omo is dead and buried in Nigeria , its Ariels time now .. Shame on Unilever cos we know ur works when we see them
Re: The Ariel Soap Rumour & Isaiah 29? by Infoay: 5:23pm On Aug 23, 2013
Our escape route from any form of bondage is to know the Truth...The holy bible says and I quote "and you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free."...The truth is beyond the pastor.The truth is Jesus himself.Praise God!
Re: The Ariel Soap Rumour & Isaiah 29? by fabby26(m): 5:23pm On Aug 23, 2013
See how rumourmongers dey kill a name of a company. And even if there's evidence of truth in it. Wetin concern Agbero with overload grin
Re: The Ariel Soap Rumour & Isaiah 29? by plaetton: 5:29pm On Aug 23, 2013
Infoay: Our escape route from any form of bondage is to know the Truth...The holy bible says and I quote "and you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free."...The truth is beyond the pastor.The truth is Jesus himself.Praise God!

How about we AfricanS spend some time to talk about the new generation of rockets to take us beyond our planet , than to spend precious mental time on demonic soaps?

Are we really that st.upi.d?

Any one that can use the internet, the world wide web, one of the greatest technological innovations of human history, to chat about demonic soaps, is ............. really really....way way beyond st.u.pid .

1 Like

Re: The Ariel Soap Rumour & Isaiah 29? by Adehwale: 5:30pm On Aug 23, 2013
Till Nigerians and the black race at large stop believieving in superstitious facts coupled with religious misconceptions. Africa would seize to develop.
Re: The Ariel Soap Rumour & Isaiah 29? by Nobody: 5:37pm On Aug 23, 2013
Yeah, i heard about the Procter and Gamble stories back then in the 90's about their company being connected to the devil. I also heard that their product ALWAYS SANITARY PAD was demonic, and that any woman who uses it during her menstrual period, her blood is used for ritual purposes by the company. I and my female friends in Secondary school stopped using the sanitary pad. That was back then anyway. I still rock my Always Sanitary Pad till today.

Meanwhile, i love their adverts on the Always sanitary pad. Those girls are just too good! cool
Re: The Ariel Soap Rumour & Isaiah 29? by ignis: 5:39pm On Aug 23, 2013
bad meat: P&G make some of the best products in the world,sad,its only lazy pipu that tend to spread this kind of rumourssad
very correct bro
Re: The Ariel Soap Rumour & Isaiah 29? by myike2(m): 5:51pm On Aug 23, 2013
I no know the year wen nigerians go get sense. Go to the dictionary and look up the word "COINCIDENCE"
One day, one pastor would tell you not to put on clothes anymore cos they are materials from satan, and you would mumushly believe!
Re: The Ariel Soap Rumour & Isaiah 29? by rabzy: 5:53pm On Aug 23, 2013
pekelepekele: @OP I believe the pastor is 100% right . If you check the bible very well you will notice that their was only two Saul mentioned in the bible .

The first was a king in the old testament and he ended up his life in a devilish way which made God turned his back against him.

The second was a Saul in the new testament that always attack the Christians and even murder them , When God(Jesus) appeared to him at Damascus .

He didn't only become a change person but God changed his name to Paul . Meaning God didn't like the later name anymore.

Name is very important and it means a lot of things , since it was once mentioned in the bible that ariel city was cursed , I believe anything that has that name also bears the curse .

[size=4pt]If you think am wrong please don't swallow me with abuses just share your own opinion. [/size]

While a name might inspire someone to imitate the person he was named after, but what you said about names here are wrong.

God did not change saul's name to paul, rather paul preached and lived mostly amongst latin/greek speaking people and that is why he preferred to be known as paul, which was a roman name. There is no indication in the scriptures that the name was cursed. Saul in hebrew means to 'asked of God' while paul means 'little.

Abel is a fine name given to a lot of boys, but it means futility or vanity, Abednego was a righteous hebrew boy, but he was given the name abednego by nebuchadnezzar which means 'son of nebo'. Nebo was a babylonian god. No one is cursed by bearing a particular name, we can be whoever we choose to be regardless of the name we bear.

3 Likes

Re: The Ariel Soap Rumour & Isaiah 29? by SOMMADY: 5:54pm On Aug 23, 2013
[quote author=bodejohn]

I will try to answer your questions...

1) The rumors linking the company and her CEOs to the church of satan is a old has the history of corruption in Nigeria. These rumors started outside of Nigeria and have moved from one continent to continent. These rumors to some extent no longer bothers the company.
I have always taken my time to educate those who have been bold enough to pop this questions at me.
In the past 20 years P&G has had about 5 or 6 CEOs, so I will ask you, do you know their names? Which one among them attends the church of satan? The rumors have largely been peddled by the competitors and willing superstitious people. I am sure you remember when it was rumored that a popular Indomie noddle brand was killing children, we all knew the stories came from a rival noddle company.

2) When i heard these rumors, i took my time to research the circumstances surrounding the issues. Not that i was jobless but because I earn my living there.

3) I will leave you to belief what you think here. I can't possibly see the link between Ariel, a city in ancient Israel with a 21st century product that delivers superior cleaning power far above its competitors. You will also find out that Ariel, a Hebrew word, also means the angel of God. Note the capital G in the God.

4) Why did P&G choose Ariel as a brand name? You make me laugh. Are they suppose to consult Nigerians or Christians before naming their product? Are you aware that a Nigerian company once named another detergent "Global Ariel" Are you also aware that there are close to 300 products made by P&G globally and with different names?

Brand wars are fought everywhere in the world and mudslinging in these wars are common, I will close with the words of the holy book, "Prove all things: hold fast that which is good or true."[God sent..great man]
Re: The Ariel Soap Rumour & Isaiah 29? by Oloriebi22(m): 5:54pm On Aug 23, 2013
person neva chop since u dey talk abt soap
Re: The Ariel Soap Rumour & Isaiah 29? by 01mcfadden(m): 6:20pm On Aug 23, 2013
Hernadez99: Taking a frontrow seat,with my Agbalumo inside nylon.
hw much b 5 agbalumo 4 ur syd? Dat tin dey hungry me.
Re: The Ariel Soap Rumour & Isaiah 29? by Nobody: 6:27pm On Aug 23, 2013
The rumour then was dat d owner said in a tv interview dat part of d profit goes to church of satan and d interviewer ask if disclosing such info on air will not affect sales and he said therewere not enough christian in america to matter, also d logo is said to represent 666 d way it look like, we were asked to shun p and g products den to prove there are enough christian in d world to matter, it was pasted around unilag den, ariel is another name for jerusalem , God was angry with his pple several times because of idolatery and anytime they repent he blesses them, i,m sure of d fact dat if u are truly branded for christ even if p and g products are evil it will not affect u, Jesus said so.Luke10:19, unless of course you have a personal revelation not to use them.
Re: The Ariel Soap Rumour & Isaiah 29? by vanitty: 6:31pm On Aug 23, 2013
plaetton:

Toba, Toba.
Na wa o.
Even you.
So religion has eaten so deep into your thinking faculties that it is now capable of generating this kind of serious and pitiful comedy?

You see what we mean when we atheists say that you religious sheeple are in bondage; very severe kind of mental bondage?.

I weep and pity for the consumers of religious garbage and passengers of that doomed slave ship called "Jesus".

The slave ship Jesus has got you sailing round and round now till you are dizzy and disoriented.

Pleases come out of that god-dammed slave ship!

With all the insult, you could not say anything remotely sensible.
Most atheist are usually intelligent and will argue their case while respecting your own beliefs.
It will appear that nairaland inherited all the riff raffs

@ Topic.

It is too simplistic to conclude such based on the name. Apart from the name what else can be proven?

1 Like

Re: The Ariel Soap Rumour & Isaiah 29? by stangely: 6:34pm On Aug 23, 2013
go and look for the meaning of ariel in the dictionary, one meaning says its de name of a sea goddess, dats y I stopped using it.
Re: The Ariel Soap Rumour & Isaiah 29? by moscobabs(m): 6:51pm On Aug 23, 2013
Im working with Procter and Gamble,I have never heard such but I smell bad belle from Unilevers(Liver brothers) whether they like it or not Ariel Detergent is selling and will be selling than OMO

1 Like

Re: The Ariel Soap Rumour & Isaiah 29? by meforyou1(m): 6:56pm On Aug 23, 2013
And u believe the book of issaiah?
Re: The Ariel Soap Rumour & Isaiah 29? by Pelummy(f): 7:06pm On Aug 23, 2013
Fazhy:

Agbalumo still dey season?
IT'S a song I guess
Re: The Ariel Soap Rumour & Isaiah 29? by plaetton: 7:09pm On Aug 23, 2013
vanitty:

With all the insult, you could not say anything remotely sensible.
Most atheist are usually intelligent and will argue their case while respecting your own beliefs.
It will appear that nairaland inherited all the riff raffs

@ Topic.

It is too simplistic to conclude such based on the name. Apart from the name what else can be proven?
The very sensible thing worthy of being said here and obviously evident in this thread, is that religion is a bondage.
You are scared of your own shadows, cartoon characters, books,movies, and now a household soap brand.

What exactly did Jesus come to save you Christians from, if you are still mortally afraid of everything?

1 Like

Re: The Ariel Soap Rumour & Isaiah 29? by Pelummy(f): 7:11pm On Aug 23, 2013
grin, Nigerians !!!!!!,
Re: The Ariel Soap Rumour & Isaiah 29? by Nobody: 7:13pm On Aug 23, 2013
plaetton:
The very sensible thing worthy of being said here and obviously evident in this thread, is that religion is a bondage.
You are scared of your own shadows, cartoon characters, books,movies, and now a household soap brand.

What exactly did Jesus come to save you Christians from, if you are still mortally afraid of everything?

I'm honestly shocked he expects us to take this thread serious. Sometimes, satire is the right antidote to bullshit..
Re: The Ariel Soap Rumour & Isaiah 29? by Ayemere33(m): 7:23pm On Aug 23, 2013
well i think what is important, is that we pray very well not to be initiated tru any product
Re: The Ariel Soap Rumour & Isaiah 29? by bodejohn(m): 7:27pm On Aug 23, 2013
moscobabs: Im working with Procter and Gamble,I have never heard such but I smell bad belle from Unilevers(Liver brothers) whether they like it or not Ariel Detergent is selling and will be selling than OMO

We do not just mention names of companies like that, we just call them competitors. Rumors like this have a way of unsettling nerves but the company has overcome greater issues. We will just continue to produce products that touch our consumers' lives positively every single day
Re: The Ariel Soap Rumour & Isaiah 29? by chucky234(m): 7:27pm On Aug 23, 2013
Fazhy:

Agbalumo still dey season?
Na dry agbalumo wey him stored for kitchen since
Re: The Ariel Soap Rumour & Isaiah 29? by bodejohn(m): 7:30pm On Aug 23, 2013
Ayemere33: well i think what is important, is that we pray very well not to be initiated tru any product

Think again, who would be initiating with a detergent?
Re: The Ariel Soap Rumour & Isaiah 29? by nkemdilimi: 7:31pm On Aug 23, 2013
Re: The Ariel Soap Rumour & Isaiah 29? by trolling(m): 5:07pm
Ariel is another name for Yerusalem , temporarily the city is under a curse until its redeemed by Christ , as per Procter n Gamble we know the owner is member of the illuminati, but the soap has not nothing to do with city of Ariel
(Quote) (Report) (Like)
.......................................................................................................................

U are the most ignorant fool on the planet. The biggest FMCG in the world is not owned by any one particular individual but by shareholders. The share price is currently about 80$ per unit. Please get some education

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pastor's Advice To A Wife Whose Husband Defiled 3 Of Their Kids Shocks Nigerians / Pastor Uhembe Jacob Kidnapped & Murdered Over Wrong Accusation Of Stealing Penis / The Fight Against Self-servicing, Lust And Sex.ual Immorality

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.