Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,858 members, 7,806,430 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:30 PM

Cameroonian Lady Buys Nigerian 3-day-old Baby For N1.2m!!! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Cameroonian Lady Buys Nigerian 3-day-old Baby For N1.2m!!! (16326 Views)

Man Buries His One-Day-Old Baby, Shares Pics Of Her Burial On Facebook / 3-Day-Old Baby Abandoned In Front Of A Church In Lagos (Photos) / 3-Day-Old Amara Chiedozie Learns To Feed Herself (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cameroonian Lady Buys Nigerian 3-day-old Baby For N1.2m!!! by houseretail: 10:15am On Aug 23, 2013
A 42-year-old Cameroonian lady who gave her name as Evelyn Atemkeng was, Wednesday, arrested in Calabar with a three-day-old baby she allegedly bought for N1.2 million.

Mrs Atemkeng accompanied by her 70-year-old mother, Anastasia Fambong, was said to have bought the baby boy from a matron of a clinic in Delta State into whose account she paid the N1.2 million.

Commander of the Cross River State Immigration Command, Mr Samuel Ichoi, who ordered the arrest of the woman told Vanguard in his office that his men accosted the lady while boarding a ship to Cameroon and after interrogation, she confessed that she bought the baby.

He said: “The lady came from Cameron on Friday without any sign of pregnancy but this morning (Wednesday) she was found to be carrying a baby and when my men examined her there were no signs that she just gave birth, so she and the baby were apprehended.”

According to Igoche, the lady also claimed that in May last year, she was given some herbs at Okigwe where she “miraculously gave birth to a baby girl who is now in Cameroon.”

However, the lady who said she is a teacher in the North-West region of Cameron told Vanguard that she gave birth to the baby and that N1.2 million she paid into the account of the matron was for delivery and herbs she gave to her to aid delivery.

She said: “She (matron) said my breast would start producing milk in three weeks but for now the baby is taking baby food.”

According to her, she does not have anybody in Cameroon to take care of her, that was why she came to Nigeria to deliver before returning to her country.

“I am married and my husband is in Cameroon but there is nobody to take care of me in Cameroon, that was why I came to Nigeria to deliver,” she said.

The Anti Human Trafficking Officer of the Nigeria Immigration Service at the Calabar Port, Mrs Agbor Ojong Ogar, said she took time to examine the woman and she does not have any sign that she just gave birth.

She said: “The woman passed here on Friday, she left on Saturday and returned to Calabar on Tuesday and was heading back to Cameron with a baby and when we examined her she does not have any sign of having given birth recently.”

http://houseretailnews..com/2013/08/shocking-cameroonian-lady-buys-nigerian.html

1 Like

Re: Cameroonian Lady Buys Nigerian 3-day-old Baby For N1.2m!!! by Freiburger(m): 1:50pm On Aug 23, 2013
The cost of buying a baby now running into millions, what a lu... biz.
Politics still sleeping on it, Something needs to be done now before its too late.
Re: Cameroonian Lady Buys Nigerian 3-day-old Baby For N1.2m!!! by johnstar(m): 4:02pm On Aug 23, 2013

Shitt happens, so dm don dey even export pikin undecided
Re: Cameroonian Lady Buys Nigerian 3-day-old Baby For N1.2m!!! by seedord247(m): 4:03pm On Aug 23, 2013
Alll i have to say is... May, Ogun, Amadioha and god of thunder strike those who participate in this deal. Iseee
Re: Cameroonian Lady Buys Nigerian 3-day-old Baby For N1.2m!!! by BabaAlabi: 4:03pm On Aug 23, 2013
why should people have to go to great lengths just to get a baby that young girls are throwing away in drainages everyday?
Re: Cameroonian Lady Buys Nigerian 3-day-old Baby For N1.2m!!! by prico32(m): 4:04pm On Aug 23, 2013
Na wa ooo

Shitt happens, so dm don dey even export pikin undecided[/quote]
Re: Cameroonian Lady Buys Nigerian 3-day-old Baby For N1.2m!!! by Sall(m): 4:05pm On Aug 23, 2013
Dis is seriouse
Re: Cameroonian Lady Buys Nigerian 3-day-old Baby For N1.2m!!! by Divinetouch(m): 4:05pm On Aug 23, 2013
Freiburger: The cost of buying a baby now running into millions, what a lu... biz.
Politics still sleeping on it, Something needs to be done now before its too late.

no b small tin oooo
Re: Cameroonian Lady Buys Nigerian 3-day-old Baby For N1.2m!!! by momodub: 4:06pm On Aug 23, 2013
w t f
Re: Cameroonian Lady Buys Nigerian 3-day-old Baby For N1.2m!!! by stonemind(f): 4:06pm On Aug 23, 2013
why frnt pg?
Re: Cameroonian Lady Buys Nigerian 3-day-old Baby For N1.2m!!! by benefitzte: 4:06pm On Aug 23, 2013
Good job my ppl...
She thinks nigerian borders in d south are that 'porous'

1 Like

Re: Cameroonian Lady Buys Nigerian 3-day-old Baby For N1.2m!!! by babsolar(m): 4:07pm On Aug 23, 2013
For xmas meat or sallah suya?
Re: Cameroonian Lady Buys Nigerian 3-day-old Baby For N1.2m!!! by opei(m): 4:10pm On Aug 23, 2013
Some people r just wicked!!! Am sure the real mother of that child might not be aware of that transaction.....haba wen child com become commodity.I tire for this world we r living in sef.
Re: Cameroonian Lady Buys Nigerian 3-day-old Baby For N1.2m!!! by TUNEX89(m): 4:11pm On Aug 23, 2013
Money n baby tinz !
Re: Cameroonian Lady Buys Nigerian 3-day-old Baby For N1.2m!!! by Nobody: 4:12pm On Aug 23, 2013
babsolar: For xmas meat or sallah suya?
*shocked*
I pray it's none of the above.

1 Like

Re: Cameroonian Lady Buys Nigerian 3-day-old Baby For N1.2m!!! by Nobody: 4:17pm On Aug 23, 2013
end time
Re: Cameroonian Lady Buys Nigerian 3-day-old Baby For N1.2m!!! by Adetutu300(f): 4:18pm On Aug 23, 2013
Hmmmmmmm, what has life turn to? Corruption evrywere, e get as e b o.
Re: Cameroonian Lady Buys Nigerian 3-day-old Baby For N1.2m!!! by write2obi(m): 4:19pm On Aug 23, 2013
Good job from Naija polish.
Re: Cameroonian Lady Buys Nigerian 3-day-old Baby For N1.2m!!! by Nobody: 4:21pm On Aug 23, 2013
Money dey for exportation grin
Re: Cameroonian Lady Buys Nigerian 3-day-old Baby For N1.2m!!! by blkmum700: 4:22pm On Aug 23, 2013
@johnstar and prico32,

How old are you guyz and when will u ppl grown up?

1 Like

Re: Cameroonian Lady Buys Nigerian 3-day-old Baby For N1.2m!!! by donsax: 4:23pm On Aug 23, 2013
Nawa o....make person dey do DNA test for all the pikin person wife born be dat.......her husband fit no no say na fake belle him wife get....she go com go home say she don born for naija...many men don father bastard kids them no no.....
Re: Cameroonian Lady Buys Nigerian 3-day-old Baby For N1.2m!!! by seedord247(m): 4:23pm On Aug 23, 2013
write2obi: Good job from Naija polish.

Next time tryy and read the news before commenting. Its the Nigeria custom not polish. cheesy
Re: Cameroonian Lady Buys Nigerian 3-day-old Baby For N1.2m!!! by Vonwolf(m): 4:27pm On Aug 23, 2013
That baby is gonna be great!
Re: Cameroonian Lady Buys Nigerian 3-day-old Baby For N1.2m!!! by AnanseK(m): 4:37pm On Aug 23, 2013
[color=#770077][/color]
He said: “The lady came from Cameron on Friday without any sign of pregnancy but this morning (Wednesday) she was found to be carrying a baby and when my men examined her there were no signs that she just gave birth, so she and the baby were apprehended.”

[

So his men examined her and saw no sign of giving birth??

Re: Cameroonian Lady Buys Nigerian 3-day-old Baby For N1.2m!!! by MacLovington(m): 4:41pm On Aug 23, 2013
seedord247:

Next time tryy and read the news before commenting. Its the Nigeria custom not polish. cheesy

you sef no try, they said na immigration catch them.

So a Nigerian child can now become a commodity.

1 Like

Re: Cameroonian Lady Buys Nigerian 3-day-old Baby For N1.2m!!! by infobiz9ja(m): 4:49pm On Aug 23, 2013
N1.2m for a life smh what a country.
Re: Cameroonian Lady Buys Nigerian 3-day-old Baby For N1.2m!!! by sexymoma(f): 5:00pm On Aug 23, 2013
No wonder UNILAG chicks are selling their ovaries.... Mtcheeew
Re: Cameroonian Lady Buys Nigerian 3-day-old Baby For N1.2m!!! by seedord247(m): 5:03pm On Aug 23, 2013
MacLovington: .

you sef no try, they said na immigration catch them.

Olodo custom and Immigration aint the same...??

Ask your school for refund. grin
Re: Cameroonian Lady Buys Nigerian 3-day-old Baby For N1.2m!!! by seedord247(m): 5:04pm On Aug 23, 2013
sexymoma: No wonder UNILAG chicks are selling their ovaries.... Mtcheeew

how you tey know?

You don selll yours before?

1 Like

Re: Cameroonian Lady Buys Nigerian 3-day-old Baby For N1.2m!!! by 3ace(m): 5:08pm On Aug 23, 2013
So in the whole of Cameroon, she couldn't get a baby to buy except in Nigeria. Why are we always consolidating the negative of perception of foreigners that we are really bad?
Re: Cameroonian Lady Buys Nigerian 3-day-old Baby For N1.2m!!! by touchmeder: 5:16pm On Aug 23, 2013
why are we still dragging this matter. cant they go to the bank and confirm the account the money was paid into. some people should be arrested along with this woman?

by the way are the mother's freely giving out their children or are these children stolen from somewhere
Re: Cameroonian Lady Buys Nigerian 3-day-old Baby For N1.2m!!! by souleymon(m): 5:17pm On Aug 23, 2013
Do you know that baby business is a world wide crime business that generates billions of dollars yearly for the traffickers.

it's done in all countries, mostly practiced by the rich on developed countries

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can U Do This? With Pix / Pls Help Me I Have Anger Issues / Dealing With Pressures From Single Girls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.