Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,650 members, 7,801,896 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:32 AM

Fola Adeola Urges Support For Ogun State Government - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fola Adeola Urges Support For Ogun State Government (6233 Views)

Amosun Is APC Governorship Candidate For Ogun State / Fola Adeola's Governorship Campaign Posters Flood Ogun State / Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fola Adeola Urges Support For Ogun State Government by Nobody: 11:12am On Aug 23, 2013
One day after his posters were sighted in Abeokuta, Fola Adeola says, “support the governor”

Former Managing Director of Guaranty Trust Bank Plc, Mr. Fola Adeola, whose posters declaring an interest to run for Ogun state governor under the All Progressives Congress were sighted in several strategic locations in the state capital, Abeokuta this week has denied that he has any governorship ambition.

Adeola stated emphatically that the posters were not authorised by him, he has no governorship ambition and he supports the efforts of the state governor, Ibikunle Amosun.

Adeola, who was the running mate to the defunct Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) presidential candidate in the 2011 general election, Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, said “The news report in several newspapers of my running for Ogun gubernatorial race was not just surprising and shocking, it was also very embarrassing. Let me state categorically that I am not seeking the office of the governor of my state.

“I was not therefore involved in the pasting of posters, or the hanging of banners in any part of the state or indeed anywhere. Let me state further that I did not sanction the pasting of posters, and I do not know who, or which group of people carried out this act.

“In my opinion, what the state needs at this time is for all well-meaning indigenes to rally round the governor to assist him with the work he is doing. Actions such as the pasting of posters without consent can only distract. I urge us all to put all hands on deck towards the progress of the state. I urge all those involved to desist in the name of God and for the sake of peace.

Source

4 Likes

Re: Fola Adeola Urges Support For Ogun State Government by Rexphobia(m): 11:27am On Aug 23, 2013
I'm not a fan of first to post. ...

So I will just act ignorant.

To others aspiring to occupy this spot....more juice to your bandwidth

Or just try wifi

I will comment later... na my turn to wash gutter for my yard.

Where's the poster

5 Likes

Re: Fola Adeola Urges Support For Ogun State Government by iamswizz(m): 11:28am On Aug 23, 2013
I used to support ACN.. But APC? Thanks, im not interested.
Re: Fola Adeola Urges Support For Ogun State Government by REMMEI(m): 11:28am On Aug 23, 2013
I think some games are in plan..the wanna cause distraction somehow to some people..
Re: Fola Adeola Urges Support For Ogun State Government by Jimmywest(m): 11:33am On Aug 23, 2013
Nice talk Mr. Adeola
Re: Fola Adeola Urges Support For Ogun State Government by nerodenero: 11:34am On Aug 23, 2013
Although well said but Politicians are in the habit of denying reports like Celebrities.
Re: Fola Adeola Urges Support For Ogun State Government by emandman: 11:37am On Aug 23, 2013
It's a game,...now he' put himself on our mind against 2019.
Re: Fola Adeola Urges Support For Ogun State Government by naffysa(f): 11:38am On Aug 23, 2013
Governor Amosu is working, lets give him our support.
Re: Fola Adeola Urges Support For Ogun State Government by ibkgab001: 11:40am On Aug 23, 2013
I just Salute. This man nice update
Re: Fola Adeola Urges Support For Ogun State Government by braine(m): 11:53am On Aug 23, 2013
Smart move• He knows everyone in the the state loves Amosu, so going against him would not favor his political ambition. Politricks.
Re: Fola Adeola Urges Support For Ogun State Government by coolestboy(m): 11:59am On Aug 23, 2013
We all knw dt this is nothing but a POLITICAL PROPAGANDA.

1 Like

Re: Fola Adeola Urges Support For Ogun State Government by seyipumpin: 12:14pm On Aug 23, 2013
[color=#006600][/color]I feel the govt of the state should take a holistic look at the IT/IM system by upgrading & providing WI-fI in major shopping complexes, school campuses & the likes that will foster one to engage the info highway.

Just thinking loud tho.... grin
Re: Fola Adeola Urges Support For Ogun State Government by Whyte01: 12:20pm On Aug 23, 2013
GOOD MOVE.FRONT PAGE TINZ DANCING ALINGO AND AZONTO
Re: Fola Adeola Urges Support For Ogun State Government by Kairoseki77: 1:03pm On Aug 23, 2013
iamswizz: I used to support ACN.. But APC? Thanks, im not interested.

Don't worry. PDP will take care of you in the SE.

Abeg, let us develop without your type making noise.

1 Like

Re: Fola Adeola Urges Support For Ogun State Government by LaraBabatunde: 1:20pm On Aug 23, 2013
Act1; scene1.
Re: Fola Adeola Urges Support For Ogun State Government by omoba007(m): 1:21pm On Aug 23, 2013
Nice one bro.
let us join hands and move Ogun state to a higher level.
Re: Fola Adeola Urges Support For Ogun State Government by globatop: 1:34pm On Aug 23, 2013
Like his posture, the progressives should be one house.
Re: Fola Adeola Urges Support For Ogun State Government by dareyking(m): 2:20pm On Aug 23, 2013
Darelee on Nairalee....*Walks into thread and Farts*.....bruuuuuuhhhhuukuuuuuttuuuusslliiiiissssaaaaaaaa.....*While Mods runs afta him wit Mace*.......
Re: Fola Adeola Urges Support For Ogun State Government by Kairoseki77: 5:32am On Aug 24, 2013
Damn....front page and less than a page of views.

I have noticed a trend lately of people ignoring good news from the SW. Ogun state will comission a 10km road, and it will get 3,000 views, then GEJ will PROPOSE a 2km road and it will get 20,000 views.

The reason is twofold:

1. People in the SW expect this kind of development, and are no longer surprised that their Goverment's are working.

2. It hurts the feelings of other Nigerians, so they run away from the thread. Preferring to live in a fantasy where the evil monster Tinubu is ruining the SW.
Re: Fola Adeola Urges Support For Ogun State Government by AdexAbbey(m): 7:46am On Aug 25, 2013
Wetin concern me #Next Page jawe#
Re: Fola Adeola Urges Support For Ogun State Government by Gbawe: 8:12am On Aug 25, 2013
Kairoseki77: Damn....front page and less than a page of views.

I have noticed a trend lately of people ignoring good news from the SW. Ogun state will comission a 10km road, and it will get 3,000 views, then GEJ will PROPOSE a 2km road and it will get 20,000 views.

The reason is twofold:

1. People in the SW expect this kind of development, and are no longer surprised that their Goverment's are working.

2. It hurts the feelings of other Nigerians, so they run away from the thread. Preferring to live in a fantasy where the evil monster Tinubu is ruining the SW.

Would it not be more beneficial for those posters to hold their own leaders accountable rather than focusing on what the leaders of others are doing 24/7?

Personally, I think it is dangerous and unhealthy how so much focus here is on the SW. It shows we are still not a nation where the thinking and focus of individuals match their direct needs. For example, a very well-educate Delta man who, as the hope of his State, should be holding Uduaghan to task for his deficient leadership should have no business making Fashola or Aregbesola his 24/7 obsession !!!! That is self-destructive. Those who engage in it here are letting their own States and people down with actions/focus tantamount to dereliction of duty.

We should all begin to hold our leaders to account and focus our attention on them while we let others do the same for their leaders. That is how political sophistication works worldwide. If we tried it in Nigeria, then leaders will be forced to compromise and perform. A man who has not told off his own badly erring child, only to focus on the child of his neighbour, will never raise a good child. Instead, he will help his neighbour to raise a good child while his own child will become a menace because he/she was ignored and allowed to do as he/she pleased.

(1) (Reply)

Mike Omotosho On The Release Of His Kidnapped Mother: Releases Statement / Is APC Conceding Defeat Already? (PICTURES) / Fayose’s Govt Left N57b Unpaid Workers’ Salaries, Pension Arrears, Says Fayemi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.