Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,638 members, 7,801,847 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:54 AM

Wow! We Still Have People That Keep To Their Words - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Wow! We Still Have People That Keep To Their Words (693 Views)

The Only People That Will Make It In Life / Wow! We Still Have People That Keep To Their Words / How Can Someone Deal With People That Are Self Centred (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Wow! We Still Have People That Keep To Their Words by amtheone(m): 11:24am On Aug 23, 2013
To cut a long story short. I got a called from a fellow NL who got to know about my product. To prove to him that I am for real, I sent him free sample but he paid for the way bill. After he received the samples, he fell in love with it based on the fact that when he showed people around, they equally place order from him as well and as such he placed order for a carton(1000pcs)

But how to deliver and payment issue was our next concern. Because of so many scam stories here on NL, I would not blame him for being skeptical about it.

To God be the glory, my journey will see me passing through his town where he lives. That means, I will stop by to give him the product and collect my money. But again to be rest assured that he will not disappoint, I ask him to make advance payment before I deliver. Again, he asked that I should bring the product that he will pay. At this point, I informed my wife of the whole scenario which she told me to be very careful. Because according to my wife, I will be at the mercy of this my client since im not planning to come to Abuja with the product if he fails to pay.

So after much discussions and re-assurance. I decided to honor his word. So yesterday I set out on my journey and we were in touch all through till we met. As the driver parked for passengers to refresh themselves, I called him that am around. Within some minutes he showed up. At this point, I was relieved at least. But to confirm my wife initial concerns, when he brought out money after counting it, it was half of the agreed amount. Oh my God! I was disappointed. For a few second, I couldn't say a word. I asked him why he didn't inform me ahead. Because he came with some of his friends and one elderly person. They all promised me that the balance will be paid into my account before 10am today(23/8/13) that I should not worry. It was a big decision to make considering the fact that I'm seeing him for the first time, I don't know anything about him. After a few minute of chatting with them, I asked him to go with the product and do as he promised.

To be honest with you guys. When I got to Abuja and met my wife, she asked how was the transaction, whether the guy had paid. I said yes, because I didn't want to disappoint her and promised that today I will share the whole story with her whatever be the case.

Brothers and sisters, around 7am I saw his missed call and called back. He said that he wanted to be sure of the account number. At exactly 10:06am I received an alert from my bank for the balance.

Dear client, I want to assure you that we would continue to do business together and that God will continually bless the works of your hands in Jesus Name. Amen

Remain blessed.

1 Like

Re: Wow! We Still Have People That Keep To Their Words by DesChyko1(m): 11:30am On Aug 23, 2013
I hope people can learn from this about the importance of trust, truthfulness and selflessness to human relationships and co-existence. God will reward you both for being great examples to the world.
Re: Wow! We Still Have People That Keep To Their Words by ifeegee(f): 11:49am On Aug 23, 2013
The scammers scream louder,therefore making more noise,but in real sense we have good people more.
We just don't get to hear much about them.
It's always refreshing to get a positive post ,at least it reduces the volume of hate and negativity on here.

(1) (Reply)

8 Ways To Make A New House Feel Like An Intimate Home / Lyk C'riously How Best Wuld You Be Able To Tell? / Just Before You Decide To Be Mrs Somebody

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.