Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,555 members, 7,809,027 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:15 PM

O' Level As A Barrier For His Masters - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / O' Level As A Barrier For His Masters (652 Views)

He Wants To Abandon His Masters Degree Programme For A Contract Job In Bank. / Professional Exams Vs Masters Which Is Better? / Working And Running Masters And ICAN At The Same Time. Is This Possible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

O' Level As A Barrier For His Masters by SenatorJames(m): 12:59pm On Aug 23, 2013
A friend of mine has been depressed since he finished his NYSC in June. He got admission luckily to study Agric Econs and Extension in 2006 when the requirement was stil four credit and a pass in five science subjects (Eng Maths Bio Chem(D7) and Phy). He didn't resit for any other O'level til he graduated. He was amazed when he wanted to continue with his masters and found out that all the schools he checked all demanded five credits in science subjects.

Hello Nairalanders, is there any university in Nigeria that can accept credit in Economics and Agric instead of Chemistry for masters program in Agric econs and extension

Mature and educative response please.
Re: O' Level As A Barrier For His Masters by leunamme93(m): 2:24pm On Aug 23, 2013
Its now the education standard. Minimum 5 credit pass, I suggest he write G.C.E i dnt knw if the form is still on. Waec/neco is next year nd thats a very lng period. Goodluck.
Re: O' Level As A Barrier For His Masters by lasunray(m): 3:32pm On Aug 23, 2013
He/She should write GCE Things have changed. I know of someone that had the same problem but did his MSc at ABU now wants to fo PHd in UI, he wasn't accepted because of that. I think GCE starts next week, dunno if late form is possible to obtain.

My 1 cent

(1) (Reply)

Looking For Safety Professionals / I Want To Lean Web Design And Autocad In Ph Help / Way Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.