Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,247 members, 7,780,501 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:39 PM

Chery Qq For Urgent Sale - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Chery Qq For Urgent Sale (4635 Views)

Neatly Used 2009 Chery Eastar For Sale / 2007 BLACK CHERY Easter For Sale @650,000 neg 33k mileage with mitsubushi engine / 2006 Model Chery Cowin Black Saloon Car @ 400k (negotiable) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chery Qq For Urgent Sale by Frando29(m): 8:46am On Jun 10, 2008
2007 Chery QQ FOR URGENT SALE

Manufactured 2007

Manual Transmission

Factory AC

Alloy Wheels

1.1 Liter Engine

Fabric Interior

Radio/tape Player

Power window, Power Mirror

5,268 miles

SO SO CLEAN

Cheap Sales

Interested ? call +233248291094 or email arthurnng@yahoo.com
Re: Chery Qq For Urgent Sale by Frando29(m): 11:17am On Jun 10, 2008
see below for pics

Re: Chery Qq For Urgent Sale by Frando29(m): 1:19pm On Jun 10, 2008
bump

Re: Chery Qq For Urgent Sale by Frando29(m): 1:32pm On Jun 10, 2008
bump

Re: Chery Qq For Urgent Sale by Frando29(m): 1:34pm On Jun 10, 2008
bump

Re: Chery Qq For Urgent Sale by Frando29(m): 1:38pm On Jun 10, 2008
bump

Re: Chery Qq For Urgent Sale by Frando29(m): 1:40pm On Jun 10, 2008
bump

Re: Chery Qq For Urgent Sale by Frando29(m): 1:41pm On Jun 10, 2008
bump

Re: Chery Qq For Urgent Sale by Frando29(m): 1:43pm On Jun 10, 2008
bump

Re: Chery Qq For Urgent Sale by Frando29(m): 1:44pm On Jun 10, 2008
bump

Re: Chery Qq For Urgent Sale by Frando29(m): 1:46pm On Jun 10, 2008
bump

Re: Chery Qq For Urgent Sale by bababuff(m): 3:45pm On Jun 10, 2008
Come on, don't be shy, let's have the pricegrin grin grin

How dem want make man do 200KM for this "Carton"? undecided

1 Like

Re: Chery Qq For Urgent Sale by sultaan(m): 2:09am On Jul 02, 2008
Do not burn your money on chinese cars, some of you quickly forgot that Daewoo was as common on Naija road as 504 sometime back, now there are none(all fell apart N1.2m down the drain) read this story
from Guardian autowheels section
http://www.guardiannewsngr.com/autowheel/article02//indexn3_html?pdate=270608&ptitle=Lawyer%20petitions%20Chery%20Motors%20over%20alleged%20poor%20performance%20of%20new%20Tiggo&cpdate=020708

Lawyer petitions Chery Motors over alleged poor performance of new Tiggo

A Lagos-based law firm, Kunle Rufai and Associates, recently sent a letter of protest to the management of Chery Motors over alleged poor performance of a new Tiggo Sports Utility Vehicle (SUV) purchased by one of its clients, Mrs. Kemi Chidi-Ogbolu.

The SUV, according to the law firm, was purchased on September 26, 2007 at a cost of N3,200,000.

In the petition dated June 3, 2008 and titled "Persistent Problems With Our Client's Chery Tiggo", the law firm said "Our client has informed us that the Chery Tiggo she purchased from your organisation on September 29, 2007 for a princely sum of N3,200,000.00 has not only turned out defective, but a living nightmare for her family.

"We refer to all correspondence regarding the above particularly but not limited to the letters of May 9th, 2008, May 12th, 2008, May 19th, 2008 and your letter of admission dated May 15th, 2005, all of which have been passed to us.

"We, however, note with regrets that despite our client's letter of May 19th, 2008, your organisation has refused, and/or neglected to meet our client's demands.

"We are of the opinion that this is a better way of resolving this matter as we are counseling our client not to take the other options open to her. We assure you that these other options would be more expensive and embarrassing to your organisation in the long run.

"We formally repeat the demands of our client in her letter of May 19th, 2008, and your failure to do the needful within 48 hours of the receipt of this letter would leave us no option than to take further instructions from our client," says the letter, signed on behalf of the firm by Mohammed Salihu.

Chidi-Ogbolu, a lawyer, had in her letter dated May 12, 2008, lamented the alleged poor performance of the SUV with registration number LK 44 AAA, adding that with the outcome of event, the purpose of buying a new car seems to have been defeated.

In the letter addressed to the Managing Director of Chery Motors (Nigeria), Chidi-Ogbolu said "I bought my Chery Tiggo on September 26, 2007. Barely a month after, the shock absorber of the car was changed. The fan of the car has been changed four times in the last seven months."

March this year, according to the mother of two, the vehicle was towed by the Lagos State Traffic Management Authority (LASTMA) in front of Tantalizer eatery when, according to her, the car overheated and the doors could not be opened.

Fighting back tears, she alleged while narrating her story to The Guardian that she was trapped inside the vehicle with her two children. "It took the intervention of passerby to rescue my children from the car." Chidi-Ogbolu alleged

Explaining further, she said she got a buyer for the SUV recently, adding that "I had to change my mind. Selling the car would have amounted to a sin. Beside, my name would be on the change of name documents. It is unfair to sell that car to an unsuspecting buyer.

"The last time the car overheated, Mr. Abisoye and Mr. Oparinde (of Chery Motors) assured me that it would never happen again. That was March 3, 2008.

"The car was not driven from then till April 30, 2008 because I was out of the country. Upon my return, I drove it and the problem resurfaced. The situation was so bad that the car could not leave the middle of the road for half an hour," alleged Chidi-Ogbolu.

In its reply to Chidi-Ogbolu's protest letter of May 12, 2008, the management of Chery Motors in a letter dated May 15, 2008, said "We wish to state our sincere apology for whatever unpleasant experience the said car has caused you as we have no intention of making you unhappy using the car.

"Ma, since you acquired the car, we have in our judgment ensured that the car is subjected to best after sales and users' friendly services in line with the warranty cover specified.

"Accordingly, the issues complained about have been resolved in line with our determination to keep the cordial relationships that exist between you and Chery Motors Limited intact by putting the car to stringent repair works.

"In addition, Chery Motors Nigeria Limited is offering you free service; labour and materials inclusive, for the car from June 2008 to June 2009. This is exclusive of the three years warranty cover on the Tiggo.

"We are pleased to inform you that the car is in good working condition and ready for collection.

"Once again, we are deeply sorry for the inconveniences suffered. While thanking you for your patience, we look forward to a continued business relationship with you." The letter was signed on behalf of Chery Motors by Gbelela Michael and Edward Shodiya, Customer Service Representative and National Service Manager respectively.

Reacting, to the letter from Chery Motors, Chidi-Ogbolu in another letter dated May 19th, 2008, said "I am still of the opinion that you missed the major issues highlighted in my letter of May 12th, 2008.

"I refer you again to paragraphs two, three and four of my letter under reference.

"Your new assurance is not enough for me. As I stated in that letter, the car is a source of nightmares and continuous mental anguish for my family. I reiterate that I have no confidence that the car can safely take me to my destination.

"I formally demand a refund of the sum of N3.2 million being the cost of purchase of the car" said Chidi-Ogbolu.

But in a swift reaction, Chery Motors ruled out the possibility of refunding the said amount.

Shodiya said in an interview with The Guardian that it is against the policy of the company to refund money under that circumstances, adding that the SUV has recorded more than 8,000 mileage.

Tools
Re: Chery Qq For Urgent Sale by lungwun(m): 11:52am On Jul 02, 2008
I cant even buy this car for my 13 year old sister!
look at that thing!
we nigerians buy a lot of crap!
Re: Chery Qq For Urgent Sale by fotodaddy: 9:03am On Jul 03, 2008
lungwun:

I can't even buy this car for my 13 year old sister!
look at that thing!
we nigerians buy a lot of crap!

why you dey talk like this na.

Meanwhile, I would like everyone to post an estimated selling price for this car. grin grin

Personally, aftre reading the reviews, I will pay a whole 200K grin
Re: Chery Qq For Urgent Sale by promise72(m): 9:34am On Jul 03, 2008
Looks like the buyer regrets buying the car. he even is ashamed of asking a penny for the car grin

Abi na free? Chery my foot!
Re: Chery Qq For Urgent Sale by EKENEA(m): 9:36am On Jul 03, 2008
Hmmmmmmmmm, is the spare part available in open market?
Re: Chery Qq For Urgent Sale by Reptyle(m): 9:38am On Jul 03, 2008
fotodaddy:

why you dey talk like this na.

Meanwhile, I would like everyone to post an estimated selling price for this car. grin grin

Personally, aftre reading the reviews, I will pay a whole 200K grin

Haba Fotodaddy!!!! Be fair now!!! I mean this is an almost brand new Chery QQ we are talking about here. Pure Chinese technology. 220km/h on a 1.1 litre engine! Lagos - Maiduguri on one full tank (That is if you make it beyond Ibadan of course grin) How can u say 200k for this "MACHINE?" I would suggest 205k grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Chery Qq For Urgent Sale by nkc(m): 9:40am On Jul 03, 2008
grin grin grin

100k Cash grin grin grin
Re: Chery Qq For Urgent Sale by promise72(m): 9:46am On Jul 03, 2008
Abeg, no yabbing now grin grin

Somebody dey cry his eyes out somewhere cry

Be God fearing wink
Re: Chery Qq For Urgent Sale by EI(m): 12:48pm On Jul 03, 2008
sultaan:

Do not burn your money on chinese cars, some of you quickly forgot that Daewoo was as common on Naija road as 504 sometime back, now there are none(all fell apart N1.2m down the drain)

Fighting back tears, she alleged while narrating her story to The Guardian that she was trapped inside the vehicle with her two children. "It took the intervention of passerby to rescue my children from the car." Chidi-Ogbolu alleged

Explaining further, she said she got a buyer for the SUV recently, adding that "I had to change my mind. Selling the car would have amounted to a sin ,  It is unfair to sell that car to an unsuspecting buyer.

"Your new assurance is not enough for me. As I stated in that letter, the car is a source of nightmares and continuous mental anguish for my family. I reiterate that I have no confidence that the car can safely take me to my destination.

"I formally demand a refund of the sum of N3.2 million being the cost of purchase of the car" said Chidi-Ogbolu.

Wahala dey O!   shocked  shocked  shocked

I'm neither suprised (that Chery products are turning sour) nor shocked (at the Tiggo-based petition).

Chery Motors had an exhibition in my Coy's premises half a year ago and when I raised a few issues, some colleagues (who naturally like many of us, love cheap things) almost ate me up!  undecided

My issues were in respect of total cost of ownership - initial price (cheap, with a catch?!), maintainability/mtce costs, reliability (think about the mental anguish and emotional/psychological trauma Mrs. Ogbolu has suffered  cry; whose actual cost is unquantifiable!) etc.

I couldn't place my hands on it, but something just doesn't give one any comfort thinking about these Chery vehicles; at first I thought it was a simple case of wrongly motivated personal prejudice against many things Chinese.

There must always be a balance between economy and value/reliability. For me, the reliability factor is quite a high priority - only a man who has had moto-troubles like myself in the '90s, can really understand. Because at such instances:
- domestic housekeeping efforts suffer
- dreams in the league of high-fever generated nightmares become more common  embarassed
- anxiety with symptoms akin to being kicked in the gut (sometimes heart palpitation), become common experience, sometimes even for routine runs   angry
etc.

The plus however is that such vehicles revive your spiritual life - more focussed intervention prayers   wink

Incidentally a colleague of mine that lives down my street has a QQ, which he praises to high heavens. Last time we discussed the car, he shared how he travelled the East-West highway with his wife, babies and a friend!
I bow for that kind faith sha   shocked
Re: Chery Qq For Urgent Sale by tglaz(m): 2:22pm On Jul 03, 2008
someone please tell me,

is that a car or a toy?
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Chery Qq For Urgent Sale by lungwun(m): 1:53pm On Jul 05, 2008
well all i can say about the car is that the kia picanto can
now hold its head up high.
i dont know whether this is better than the tata nano.

well my offer is N200k.
tho i dont think i can fit into the car, talk alone drive the
car without removing the drivers seat
Re: Chery Qq For Urgent Sale by Ivvie: 10:41pm On Jul 05, 2008
~

(1) (Reply)

Toyota Camry 2000: Read,think,read Again And Then Consult: / 2001 Mercedes Benz Ml 320 Forsale Sweet Interior. / Clean Honda Accord 2007 EX Discussion Cont(reg) For Sale In Kano: 08065031414

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.