Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,339 members, 7,780,895 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:14 AM

MTN Loses Almost Half Of Its Subscribbers Tomobile Number Portability Scheme - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Loses Almost Half Of Its Subscribbers Tomobile Number Portability Scheme (740 Views)

MTN Loses 5 Million Subscribers In Nigeria / NCC Begins Number Portability / NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MTN Loses Almost Half Of Its Subscribbers Tomobile Number Portability Scheme by heskay0: 12:04am On Aug 24, 2013
According to the Director of Public Affairs of the
Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC), Mr
Tony Ojobo, almost half of MTN subscribers
switched to other networks during the recently
introduced Mobile Number Portability (MNP)
scheme.

According to figures released by Mr Ojobo,
MTN topped the losers table among an
overall number of subscribers that
switched service providers in the telecoms
market with 49%; followed by Globacom
with 23%,Airtel with 17%; while Etisalat
came last on the losers' table with 11%.

Which means Etisalat emerged top in the number porting
scheme among the telecoms company.
Re: MTN Loses Almost Half Of Its Subscribbers Tomobile Number Portability Scheme by lymelyte(m): 12:11am On Aug 24, 2013
Good for them tongue.With all thier nonsense fluctuations and stylish ripoff,what do they expect.
They better wakeup and introduce profitable promo especially on mobile browsing connectivity.
Re: MTN Loses Almost Half Of Its Subscribbers Tomobile Number Portability Scheme by Nobody: 12:28am On Aug 24, 2013
Its a big lie, porting dat is more difficult than swimming in d bar beach sef....mtn is making it hard to port.
Re: MTN Loses Almost Half Of Its Subscribbers Tomobile Number Portability Scheme by Lincolnburrows(m): 12:31am On Aug 24, 2013
Hahahaha! No wonder their network just got better. Obviously this is the number of subscribers they can really manage well.
But I seriously doubt this info. Nobody get time for that their port port

1 Like

Re: MTN Loses Almost Half Of Its Subscribbers Tomobile Number Portability Scheme by shortgun(m): 1:49am On Aug 24, 2013
Chei, just look how dumb people can be angry
The man did not say that MTN has lost 50% of its subscribers.

What he's saying is that, MTN has 49% of all customers who has ported, he only gave a percentage not any known figure.

It simply means that if a total of 100 subscribers ported, 49 ported from MTN.
Re: MTN Loses Almost Half Of Its Subscribbers Tomobile Number Portability Scheme by daylae(m): 2:05am On Aug 24, 2013
shortgun: Chei, just look how dumb people can be angry

What he's saying is that, MTN has 49% of all customers who has ported, he only gave a percentage not any known figure.

you right, but the topic is misleading.
Re: MTN Loses Almost Half Of Its Subscribbers Tomobile Number Portability Scheme by duwdu: 4:30am On Aug 24, 2013

This is correct.

In any case, about 50% of total subscribers are on the MTN network; so it stands to reason that about the same percentage of those porting will also be linked with the MTN network.

One can also deduce that, percentage wise, numbers porting away from other networks with smaller subscriber bases may actually be higher.

P34c3
Re: MTN Loses Almost Half Of Its Subscribbers Tomobile Number Portability Scheme by mohammad11: 7:37am On Aug 24, 2013

THANKS FOR THIS REVIEW...
Let read carefully so as to be able to got the info right.°
Re: MTN Loses Almost Half Of Its Subscribbers Tomobile Number Portability Scheme by Youngzedd(m): 8:57am On Aug 24, 2013
Where are they porting because I know that all our network providers are sh1t.

Airtel name confirm rubbish here in Wuse 3. No constant 3G.
Re: MTN Loses Almost Half Of Its Subscribbers Tomobile Number Portability Scheme by heskay0: 9:42am On Aug 24, 2013
Seriously, for abt two months nw I haven't
been able to download anything larger than
10mb with my mtn bis. I plan 2 port
immediately my bis expires. Come 2 think of
it my parents also ported ds month too.
Tough luck mtn u guys shld pls improve.
Re: MTN Loses Almost Half Of Its Subscribbers Tomobile Number Portability Scheme by Nobody: 10:16am On Aug 24, 2013
mumu topic

(1) (Reply)

Is Etisalat Now Unlimited? / Bb Z10 Or Samsung Grand2 White Plus 5000 For My Samsung Galaxy S4 / How Can I Listen To Radio stations With Bluetooth On My Android Phone.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.