Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,894 members, 7,802,877 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:52 AM

Made In Nigeria local technologies - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Made In Nigeria local technologies (7282 Views)

Generate Cool Fund Routing Advert Publications To Nigeria Local Media. / 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's / Nigeria To Start Exporting Technologies To African Countries, Says Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Made In Nigeria local technologies by Adelaide2: 4:06am On Aug 24, 2013
Na so Innoson take begin, now he has gone nuclear by Nigerian standards.

1 Like

Re: Made In Nigeria local technologies by Adelaide2: 4:11am On Aug 24, 2013
Fidelis Nwachukwu is the CEO of Final Tech Engineering. He is a secondary school dropout with a natural skill to build machinery and complex engines. The father of five who hails from Abia State speaks to Ugochukwu Iroka about his passion for machines, the challenges he faces and his plans for the future.

What compelled you to go from engine repairs to engine building?

When I realized I had a very good understanding of mechanics, I decided to use it to help my family and my country by not hiding myself in a place where my talents won’t be fully utilized. We have many talented people in this country but they hide themselves maybe out of fear or frustration and the country gains nothing from them. I am determined that my case will be different. By God’s grace and the help of the government and fellow Nigerians, I will use my gift to benefit the nation, myself and my family.

Re: Made In Nigeria local technologies by vb0mb(m): 6:11am On Aug 24, 2013
You are looking for trouble my hand no dey
Re: Made In Nigeria local technologies by qmd24(m): 6:46am On Aug 24, 2013
ok. make I go onitsha or aba to price the real thing.
FPP.
Re: Made In Nigeria local technologies by Nobody: 9:56am On Aug 24, 2013
ok
Re: Made In Nigeria local technologies by T8ksy(m): 10:07am On Aug 24, 2013
Op, i beg change the title to "Made in Biafra".

And i hope it's confined to the 5 states of "Biafra".
Re: Made In Nigeria local technologies by harmless011: 10:28am On Aug 24, 2013
We need to encourage this type of innovation.

1 Like

Re: Made In Nigeria local technologies by shineeye: 10:36am On Aug 24, 2013
musiwa an honest SW who no their level grin
Re: Made In Nigeria local technologies by Longeria(m): 1:16pm On Aug 24, 2013
musiwa1f: i am laughing over this. so this are the technology by igbo people. that nice.. yes and you claim igbo people are number one in education.

Yoruba produce this too.

[img]http://veritasband.files./2009/12/plastic-cups-veritas.jpg[/img]
I dey laaaaaaaaaaaaffffff

Hahahahehehehihihihohoho
Re: Made In Nigeria local technologies by mascot87(m): 8:01pm On Aug 24, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^You're a fool! Let's see the 'fake thinz' from your neck of the woods. It's like you don't realize that China and Taiwan started off this way......by first copying western products and (with support from their vision-led gov'ts) they were able to break into the exclusive club of the world industrialised nations. Their youth didn't waste their years chasing after gov't and bluechip company jobs and contracts; and their elite didn't waste their years chasing after oyel blocs, gov't contracts, and small small girls young enough to be their granddaughters!
I direct all you said to the hole through which you were born.
FAKE FAKE THINGS you people produce,hmm na wa cool
Re: Made In Nigeria local technologies by Nobody: 10:11am On Aug 28, 2013
mascot87:
I direct all you said to the hole through which you were born.
FAKE FAKE THINGS you people produce,hmm na wa cool
At least we produce sth,,, as far as it works just add quality and it bcomz original... In d past every1 heard abt d great feats our fadas achieved during d war,d Home made biafran war tanks, home made rockets,d ogbunigwe(a semi-chemical weapon)...all created by ppl with no help from d whites... LET ME TELL YOU STH, the IGBOS re d only ppl dat if given d chance wud show d WHITES dat superiority is not be colour...

1 Like

Re: Made In Nigeria local technologies by musiwa1f: 12:03pm On Aug 28, 2013
why are you laughing. So you think, we dont produce cup.
Re: Made In Nigeria local technologies by Nobody: 12:29pm On Aug 28, 2013
Of coz u do
Re: Made In Nigeria local technologies by homesteady(m): 12:33pm On Aug 28, 2013
musiwa1f: why are you laughing. So you think, we dont produce cup.

LOL!! gringringrin
Re: Made In Nigeria local technologies by Nobody: 12:39pm On Aug 28, 2013
T8ksy: Op, i beg change the title to "Made in Biafra".

And i hope it's confined to the 5 states of "Biafra".

Yes, if the 1966 coup can finally be tagged a Nigerian coup, not a Biafran one.
Re: Made In Nigeria local technologies by desgiezd(m): 1:11pm On Aug 28, 2013
Getting that chopper will be very cool. Imaging flying over Lagos with the present situation of unbearable traffic situation.
Re: Made In Nigeria local technologies by desgiezd(m): 1:12pm On Aug 28, 2013
desgiezd: Getting that chopper will be very cool. Imaging flying over Lagos with the present situation of unbearable traffic.
Re: Made In Nigeria local technologies by IgboDelta: 1:18pm On Aug 28, 2013
NDI IGBO ARE BLESSED

1 Like

Re: Made In Nigeria local technologies by Confusionist(m): 1:33pm On Aug 28, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^You're a fool! Let's see the 'fake thinz' from your neck of the woods. It's like you don't realize that China and Taiwan started off this way......by first copying western products and (with support from their vision-led gov'ts) they were able to break into the exclusive club of the world industrialised nations. Their youth didn't waste their years chasing after gov't and bluechip company jobs and contracts; and their elite didn't waste their years chasing after oyel blocs, gov't contracts, and small small girls young enough to be their granddaughters!
why confusing urself, young man?

In this new age of technology, all du guys knw how to do is build craps and say, 'china started like ds'!!

Which china?

They neva started this worst!!

And since u av started for a long time even before independence as claimed-which is more that half a century, why not just move forward a bit from producing craps and give us a real thing!!!

For ur info, most better advanced technological gadgets claimed to have been produced by Nigerians are still very much designed in china!

Why dnt u be a good IGBO SON and volunteer to fly that igbo-copter!!!

Cos we definitely won't say that is a helicopter!!
Re: Made In Nigeria local technologies by Gbawes: 2:20pm On Aug 28, 2013
Someone riding a bicycle will be laughing at someone driving volkswagen, calling it beetle.

Its Naija ting.
Re: Made In Nigeria local technologies by TheBookWorm: 2:22pm On Aug 28, 2013
I tip my hat to these innovators. Nigeria and Africa as a whole need more people like this if the continent is to join the 21st century.

1 Like

Re: Made In Nigeria local technologies by Nobody: 2:29pm On Aug 28, 2013
Confusionist: why confusing urself, young man?

In this new age of technology, all du guys knw how to do is build craps and say, 'china started like ds'!!

Which china?

They neva started this worst!!

And since u av started for a long time even before independence as claimed-which is more that half a century, why not just move forward a bit from producing craps and give us a real thing!!!

For ur info, most better advanced technological gadgets claimed to have been produced by Nigerians are still very much designed in china!

Why dnt u be a good IGBO SON and volunteer to fly that igbo-copter!!!

Cos we definitely won't say that is a helicopter!!
Its so funi how sm1 whose ppl were once d most educated tribe in Nigeria yet the highest thing they cud produce wz plastic cups,is busy beefing ppl whose secondary sch dropouts were able to manufacture helicopters,and robots...lol...MUMU syndrome
Re: Made In Nigeria local technologies by AdmYamamoto: 2:38pm On Aug 28, 2013
Kudos to the effort in piecing together the scraps to make a prototype of anything. However, this is not "Made" anywhere! There is an hobbyist project, and there are millions in the world EVERYDAY! That some hobbyist patches together a gadget is not an "invention" or ingenuity! There is no innovation, design, scientific backgrounds, engineering or design diagrams, no calculations to compute thrust, acceleration, buoyancy, stability, moments, forces, efficiency! Anyone with enough time can merely go online and read already known and established facts and he should get credit for doing something rather than idleness! However, note that a copied prototype device is not manufacturable in real life because someone or company has patents on ALL existing machinery you see! Caterpillar will not care if a small boy keeps his fingers busy in Nigeria or any corner of the world but every company knows better never to invest its money in trying to manufacture a backhoe or payloader or aircraft! It is ignorance when you see Nigerians jubilating as though they don't know that none of the already known technologies can be legally "manufactured" in Nigeria except "Assembled" or the original company allows a franchise from the Nigerian company or establishes its own manufacturing plants in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Made In Nigeria local technologies by Nobody: 3:55pm On Aug 28, 2013
Igbos dey try. Those 'Trying' to beef them are not even better than them, their technology can't even match up with that of the 'Igbos'.
All the Igbos need is positive government intervention.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Will Inverter Usage Increase My Prepaid Meter Bill / Unlock Airtel Vida M4 4g Mifi / What Came First, The Pen Or The Pencil?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.