Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,069 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:17 PM

Five Ways Hollywood Movies Are As Bad As Nollywood Movies. - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Five Ways Hollywood Movies Are As Bad As Nollywood Movies. (39621 Views)

Gay Content In Hollywood Movies And Its Effect On Nigeria / Top 10 Nollywood Movies You Watched In 2014 / Half Of A Yellow Sun Confirmed As Nollywood’s Most Expensive Movie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Five Ways Hollywood Movies Are As Bad As Nollywood Movies. by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 12:36pm On Aug 24, 2013
Right off the bat, I will have to announce that i’m not a fan of Nollywood. Right from the name to the many, many crappy movies, so many that they can fill the whole of Lagos and still as for extra sheets from Ogun State. And if you’ve read this particular post of mine on Nairaland, it probably underlines that fact. Much of what I hate is how predictable Nollywood movies are. However, I have to admit that Hollywood movies are sometimes as bad as Nollywood movies. Think i’m lying? Okay, disprove these:

1) Good guy vs Hundreds of bad guys in gun duel. Who wins?: Have yo watched any of those old Arnold Schwazenegger movies where he finds himself in a tight corner being fired at by literally a hundred baddies? Or Bruce Willis? Or Sylvester Stallone? Has anyone noticed how so many people are firing at one guy and he doesn’t sustain even a slight graze from any of the bullets (incidentally, he only gets injured by flying glass, and the only person whose shot manages to hit him is the main bad guy himself. Note that said shot is rarely ever lethal).

But this same dude, from his tiny hiding place behind a car/pillar/carton manages to eliminate every single one of them and still has enough energy after to come out and bask in the glory of his awesomeness? Think of it, seriously, how possible is that. Heck, even two peple should be enough. How incompetent can thirty people be that they can’t shot at and kill one tiny guy? No wonder naija guys say “actor no dey die for film!”

Why Nollywood cant pull it off: Just imagine Jim Iyke trying to save the day while being shot at by Gentle Jack and thirty other bad guy goons. That would be comedy!

2) Someone breaks all the rules…and still saves the day!: Rules are made for a reason. One, to keep things from going chaotic. Two, the bring things back to order if things do go chaotic. So it is crazy when in Hollywood movies, one guy just busts out of nowhere and breaks all the rules on the way to saving the day.

I mean, what? Seriously, if super heroes did exist in the real world, they would be sued out of business for breaking nearly every rules the government puts in place to protect citizens. For one, in the case of a hostage situation, first, the captors have to first be negotiated with, while security forces try to find a way to get the captives freed. However, Bruce Willis would have none of it and would instead go in one man SWAT in to bust the captives out.
What would happen in real life: The captors would shoot Bruce Willis dead on sight.

Why Nollywood can’t pull it off: Oh, they already tried it in “The President Must Not Die”. The result being that the president (Enebeli Elebuwa, RIP) turned sharp shooter, which was funny as hell.

http://zakuraweekly.com/five-ways-hollywood-movies-are-as-bad-as-nollywood-movies/

14 Likes

Re: Five Ways Hollywood Movies Are As Bad As Nollywood Movies. by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 12:39pm On Aug 24, 2013
3)Winning A Girls Heart…..Through The Power Of Dance!: Okay, I know, the Indians are more guilty of this than Hollywood but then they do this in pretty much every dance movie there is. Trodden down poor boy meets classy school girl in high school/college and somehow, she manages to always get attracted to him the first time they lock eyes. However, she just can’t leave her big jerk of a boyfriend……until the good guy shows he can bust a move! He dances his way into her heart, she leaves her jerko boyfriend and they dance their way into the happily ever after that is the end credits.

In reality: The girl would swear never to date him for embarrassing her in public. I mean, ladies, how many of you want that guy that has been tripping for you to just suddenly come bust a move outside your father’s compound? As against, I don’t know, a movie at the Galleria, shopping at Shoprite or even just buying you recharge card?

Why Nollywood can’t pull it off: Just imagine Ramsey Nouah droppig it like its hot before Ini Edo! The amount of aboniki they would need to massage his body after every scene would set the aboniki guys up for life!

4)Bad guy always has the upper hand, then practically throws it away: Have you noticed how so many times, the bad guy juuuust happens to have the good guy in a tight corner….then does something stupid…..like FAILING TO SHOOT THE GODDAMN GOOD GUY AFTER POINTING A GUN AT HIM FOR, I DUNNO, FIVE HOURS? Why is it that it is right when they have the chance to put the good guy out of the misery of acting another part of the movie for good, that’s when the bad guy decides to tell us his entire life story while the good guy figures out how to free himself with one toothpick and a piece of thread. Are they shitting us in Hollywood?

Why Nollywood can’t make it work: Well, Emeka Ani can hardly have time to start talking about he wanted to kill Kanayo O. Kanayo all along while a pastor is praying over him while sprinkling holy water over his head and lightning is flashing and his coven is falling apart. But just imagine Emeka Enyiocha with a gun pointed at Nonso Diobi who is trying to cut through the rope binding him with a blunt fork. Comedy central material!

5)The haunted guys find out how to kill the monster only after there are two of them left: I love horror movies. I watched loads and loads of horror movies, and one thing I’ve learnt from them is that it is practically impossible to kill a monster/ghost/zombie/vampire/werewolf unless there are just say two or three out of like 10 or 20 people left. Oh, I also learnt that the black guys usually die first or second but that’s not such an important lesson. Whatever happened to two heads being better than one. And when you have ten heads that get wiped out one after the other till there are only two, shouldn’t it follow that the remaining two just commit suicide to save themselves having to get killed by said monster? But no, it is only after their compadri have died do they figure out that the monster’s weakness is water, or cocaine (as in that Elijah Wood movie, can’t remember the name) or hair relaxer (Evolution) or some such silly thing like that. If that where the case, if i meet a horrible looking thing, I will bust out all the hard drugs I have and hope it kills the thing instead of getting it high and it then goes apeshit on me.

Why Nollywood can’t pull it off: Why wait till you’re all dead when there is a pastor around the corner? After having consulted everybody and everything, pastor is the sure cure to all things that tie red wrappers, fly at night or shoot bright lights from their hands while you hear a sound like someone farted under water. In fact, I think Nollywood has been smarter on this one!

http://zakuraweekly.com/five-ways-hollywood-movies-are-as-bad-as-nollywood-movies/

85 Likes

Re: Five Ways Hollywood Movies Are As Bad As Nollywood Movies. by Ishilove: 1:42pm On Aug 24, 2013
Senb you're a clown cheesy grin
Re: Five Ways Hollywood Movies Are As Bad As Nollywood Movies. by DNA1(f): 4:49pm On Aug 24, 2013
zakura, you will not use laff to kill me...where r u getting these crazy jokes from?....they r sooo real.....Great work, bro!
Re: Five Ways Hollywood Movies Are As Bad As Nollywood Movies. by tiet: 6:28pm On Aug 24, 2013
cheii long stuff to read
Re: Five Ways Hollywood Movies Are As Bad As Nollywood Movies. by joeey6(m): 6:28pm On Aug 24, 2013
Hahahahahahahahha
Re: Five Ways Hollywood Movies Are As Bad As Nollywood Movies. by Nobody: 6:30pm On Aug 24, 2013
So true.
@Op. How will i pronounce your name, abeg?

1 Like

Re: Five Ways Hollywood Movies Are As Bad As Nollywood Movies. by Nobody: 6:31pm On Aug 24, 2013
Re: Five Ways Hollywood Movies Are As Bad As Nollywood Movies. by kstyle2(m): 6:33pm On Aug 24, 2013
Pirates....stagneti's revenge

2 Likes

Re: Five Ways Hollywood Movies Are As Bad As Nollywood Movies. by ihebrooke(m): 6:34pm On Aug 24, 2013
@OP

You no well @ all.
Real funny, but true piece you posted there.

1 Like

Re: Five Ways Hollywood Movies Are As Bad As Nollywood Movies. by Nobody: 6:35pm On Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood interpret "royal" movies better======>
Nollywood interpretation of "royal" movies makes me wonder, which culture wears those hideous costumes And they have really silly names
Royal palace
Royal queen
Royal king
We are royals oh!!!
Royal rumble
The King tear my bra
Royal maidens
The queen dey suspect me
The prince fell for the maid
undecided

23 Likes

Re: Five Ways Hollywood Movies Are As Bad As Nollywood Movies. by DrWalter: 6:36pm On Aug 24, 2013
Hihihihihahahahahahhuhuhuhu
Re: Five Ways Hollywood Movies Are As Bad As Nollywood Movies. by Mikkyhandy(m): 6:36pm On Aug 24, 2013
Cant stop laughing....hahahahahahaha
Re: Five Ways Hollywood Movies Are As Bad As Nollywood Movies. by Uniquexty(f): 6:36pm On Aug 24, 2013
oh God, I have missed this guy
Re: Five Ways Hollywood Movies Are As Bad As Nollywood Movies. by ozoemeka(m): 6:37pm On Aug 24, 2013
Where is your movie?

senbonzakura_kageyoshi: Right off the bat, I will have to announce that i’m not a fan of Nollywood. Right from the name to the many, many crappy movies, so many that they can fill the whole of Lagos and still as for extra sheets from Ogun State. And if you’ve read this particular post of mine on Nairaland, it probably underlines that fact. Much of what I hate is how predictable Nollywood movies are. However, I have to admit that Hollywood movies are sometimes as bad as Nollywood movies. Think i’m lying? Okay, disprove these:

1) Good guy vs Hundreds of bad guys in gun duel. Who wins?: Have yo watched any of those old Arnold Schwazenegger movies where he finds himself in a tight corner being fired at by literally a hundred baddies? Or Bruce Willis? Or Sylvester Stallone? Has anyone noticed how so many people are firing at one guy and he doesn’t sustain even a slight graze from any of the bullets (incidentally, he only gets injured by flying glass, and the only person whose shot manages to hit him is the main bad guy himself. Note that said shot is rarely ever lethal).

But this same dude, from his tiny hiding place behind a car/pillar/carton manages to eliminate every single one of them and still has enough energy after to come out and bask in the glory of his awesomeness? Think of it, seriously, how possible is that. Heck, even two peple should be enough. How incompetent can thirty people be that they can’t shot at and kill one tiny guy? No wonder naija guys say “actor no dey die for film!”

Why Nollywood cant pull it off: Just imagine Jim Iyke trying to save the day while being shot at by Gentle Jack and thirty other bad guy goons. That would be comedy!

2) Someone breaks all the rules…and still saves the day!: Rules are made for a reason. One, to keep things from going chaotic. Two, the bring things back to order if things do go chaotic. So it is crazy when in Hollywood movies, one guy just busts out of nowhere and breaks all the rules on the way to saving the day.

I mean, what? Seriously, if super heroes did exist in the real world, they would be sued out of business for breaking nearly every rules the government puts in place to protect citizens. For one, in the case of a hostage situation, first, the captors have to first be negotiated with, while security forces try to find a way to get the captives freed. However, Bruce Willis would have none of it and would instead go in one man SWAT in to bust the captives out.
What would happen in real life: The captors would shoot Bruce Willis dead on sight.

Why Nollywood can’t pull it off: Oh, they already tried it in “The President Must Not Die”. The result being that the president (Enebeli Elebuwa, RIP) turned sharp shooter, which was funny as hell.

Re: Five Ways Hollywood Movies Are As Bad As Nollywood Movies. by OmniSparrow: 6:37pm On Aug 24, 2013
Sipping my goldberg. *terminator voice* I'll be back.

1 Like

Re: Five Ways Hollywood Movies Are As Bad As Nollywood Movies. by Boll2010: 6:37pm On Aug 24, 2013
Too funny.......from ur name u from pluto ryt I knw couple of guys from pluto dt owns dt name to,nice tho wil connect u wit dem guys to chatup

1 Like

Re: Five Ways Hollywood Movies Are As Bad As Nollywood Movies. by purplebrown: 6:37pm On Aug 24, 2013
True mr man, these hollywood movies are always predicteble and its getting boring.
Re: Five Ways Hollywood Movies Are As Bad As Nollywood Movies. by Nobody: 6:38pm On Aug 24, 2013
I prefer Nollywood to Hollywood, guaranteed entertainment no matter the genre

3 Likes

Re: Five Ways Hollywood Movies Are As Bad As Nollywood Movies. by SilentCrescendo: 6:40pm On Aug 24, 2013
Lol, true that....... Still better than Nollywood tho
Re: Five Ways Hollywood Movies Are As Bad As Nollywood Movies. by Nobody: 6:41pm On Aug 24, 2013
hollywood still remains d best...

1 Like

Re: Five Ways Hollywood Movies Are As Bad As Nollywood Movies. by Amoshie(m): 6:42pm On Aug 24, 2013
What pains me most is when there is a physical fight n a bad guy standing behind the actor wil not try to hit or kick him until he turn n finish him. I always laugh

2 Likes

Re: Five Ways Hollywood Movies Are As Bad As Nollywood Movies. by Nobody: 6:42pm On Aug 24, 2013
forget white man mentality,i prefer to watch the baddest hollywood,than the best nollywood....how do you explain a ghost looking right,and left before crossing a road,and a guy being shot inside a car,and the windshield didnt break,and the guy died.or few year later,and omotola still wears the same hairdo,or Genevive wakes up from bed with makeup....huck.

15 Likes

Re: Five Ways Hollywood Movies Are As Bad As Nollywood Movies. by imperiouxx(m): 6:42pm On Aug 24, 2013
6) A big jumbo jet ran on runway for over 12 to 18 minutes. I guess that particular airfield runs through many states. angry

Reference: Fast and furious 6, the last showdown scenes.

Re-calculating the distance covered by that jet at that speed, it's like a plane running from International Airport, Lagos to Abeokuta on a straight runway without turning..... That scene sucks!

Though, I still stick with Hollywood ONLY.

12 Likes

Re: Five Ways Hollywood Movies Are As Bad As Nollywood Movies. by Kslib(m): 6:43pm On Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood movies might be predictable also but what i enjoy watching is how what i predict plays out..
1.. Good guy vs hundreds of bad guys::: What i enjoy is how the good guy finishes them.. The trick and how he doest it intelligently...
Yes,we know the good guy always finishes them but the Genius is how he does it and thats what makes a great movie...
2.. Romance:: Yeah,we know they both will fall inlove but how does it play out? How the love grows,and the events that lead to both of them finally being together is what i enjoy..
All izz well!

8 Likes

Re: Five Ways Hollywood Movies Are As Bad As Nollywood Movies. by Therock5555(m): 6:44pm On Aug 24, 2013
I haff laff and sh'it in my yan'sh

1 Like

Re: Five Ways Hollywood Movies Are As Bad As Nollywood Movies. by ohaleoghene(f): 6:45pm On Aug 24, 2013
While you are wrong ! Let me enlighten you , and only hope you learn from this . Movies world are fantasy world , totally different from the real world . My lecturer who took me on drama , said and I quote ' in art we do not find reality ,when we do , it is no longer art ' poster , what caught our fancy in movies are the fact that this things do not , and if they do happen arre very rare , and we do only hear about them , and then we say , oh , just like in the movies . Haven't u notice how people who find it hard to believe a certain story say , I am sure you saw that in a movie , that sure can't happen ! So your analysis my dear is crap ! Think of it , won't you find movies boring of it gives us exactly real life situations ? If that is how movies work , while ,.I rather wait till such happens to someone around me , and save the ticket money for a meal .

39 Likes

Re: Five Ways Hollywood Movies Are As Bad As Nollywood Movies. by Silva79(f): 6:45pm On Aug 24, 2013
Gu jun pyo and Gueum jan di

5 Likes

Re: Five Ways Hollywood Movies Are As Bad As Nollywood Movies. by ruemu(m): 6:47pm On Aug 24, 2013
Heard

1 Like

Re: Five Ways Hollywood Movies Are As Bad As Nollywood Movies. by davidmani(m): 6:47pm On Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood still rocks
Re: Five Ways Hollywood Movies Are As Bad As Nollywood Movies. by mascot87(m): 6:47pm On Aug 24, 2013
Most clowns here did not read the article but are making statements based on the comments of others and the title of the thread undecided undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Five Ways Hollywood Movies Are As Bad As Nollywood Movies. by nicetboy(m): 6:48pm On Aug 24, 2013
u funy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Which Of These Nollywood Movies Did You Watch As A Kid? (pics) / Why Channels TV Male Presenters Always Fold Their Sleeves?(pics) / 24 Season 8 Begins 17th Jan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.