Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,882 members, 7,806,545 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:04 PM

Five Ways Hollywood Movies Are As Bad As Nollywood Movies. - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Five Ways Hollywood Movies Are As Bad As Nollywood Movies. (39616 Views)

Gay Content In Hollywood Movies And Its Effect On Nigeria / Top 10 Nollywood Movies You Watched In 2014 / Half Of A Yellow Sun Confirmed As Nollywood’s Most Expensive Movie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Five Ways Hollywood Movies Are As Bad As Nollywood Movies. by ohaleoghene(f): 7:23pm On Aug 24, 2013
GooseBaba:

Wetin you come talk now!? Abi na only you go drama school ni? Film trick na film trick wether Hollywood or Nollywood. Abi you don see person wey chop iron come Sh..It bone? You don see person wey dey follow zombie dey exchange blow.

Besides the op talks about "predict" story line, plots, scripts. Abi you never see blind man wey dey detect fake currency before.... cheesy

First , I didn't go to drama school ! While , talking about movies been predictable , that is because we have watch so many movies that are similar , so we just say , while it might end same way as the previous did ! Note , the op is more concern about unreality stuff in movies , and not the predictability . We Ve grown so used to Hollywood movies that is why we kow it that at a point bad guys have upper hand , and with so much of 24 , we also know that good guys break rules and save the day. Surely that can't happen in reality . I am only letting the op know that there is a word called 'fiction ', because he seems all crying that Hollywood is cheating the real world.
Re: Five Ways Hollywood Movies Are As Bad As Nollywood Movies. by nedu2000(m): 7:23pm On Aug 24, 2013
Black guys r rarely made to die first,'cause if d do black dudes'll call d director(who's usually white) racist
Re: Five Ways Hollywood Movies Are As Bad As Nollywood Movies. by Noneroone(m): 7:25pm On Aug 24, 2013
Both industries have their faults. Imagine statements from nollywood movies "AFDAC" (instead of NAFDAC) "EPA" (instead of NEPA ) On the part of hollywood, swarzzneggar is the cat with nine lives. He can kill ten armed men with just a stick or is it Rambo that killed with bow and arrow.
Re: Five Ways Hollywood Movies Are As Bad As Nollywood Movies. by ohaleoghene(f): 7:31pm On Aug 24, 2013
frodobee:
We may not counter you, I for one dont know this art very well. But i know that films or movies are 'make believes'.
My take is that ir shld atleast be such that i can believe. See am not macho, but Jet Li and his karate colleagues can't stand me with a 16-round Colt,

Off course you might beat jet li or one of those 'strong' guys in real life ..even me can beat jack chan in reality .lol , just kidding . But dear , those people act out characters , when they are on set acting , they are different people . They only wear those character to act out what the script says . Let me ask you , do you actually think scolfield in prison break is that intelligent in real life ? Or bruce is as strong as movies present him ? Nay
Re: Five Ways Hollywood Movies Are As Bad As Nollywood Movies. by imperiouxx(m): 7:34pm On Aug 24, 2013
sarutobie:
I was like "tell me something I don't know" when I watched that scene..

I tried to re-calculate the distance covered by that jet at that speed, it was like a plane running from International Airport, Lagos to Abeokuta..... That scene sucks!
Re: Five Ways Hollywood Movies Are As Bad As Nollywood Movies. by Oildichotomy(m): 7:37pm On Aug 24, 2013
Baba .,you funny sha
I watched a movie today Steel magnalonis
it was sort of a straight movie with predictable scenes but there is this thing to it that makes it spectacular with goose pimples ending. Hollywood Rocks everyday... They sure mastered and perfected the craft than those upper iweka, idumota and pound road Aba fellas
Re: Five Ways Hollywood Movies Are As Bad As Nollywood Movies. by planetuzor(m): 7:38pm On Aug 24, 2013
Me I like Hollywood and Nollywood... But e get one guy weh I hate him film.

"Jet-Li"

He's too fake... I wonder him and Nollywood who fake pass? grin
Re: Five Ways Hollywood Movies Are As Bad As Nollywood Movies. by pri3stess(f): 7:42pm On Aug 24, 2013
Op this ur name long pass the Nigerian 2013 house budget.

1 Like

Re: Five Ways Hollywood Movies Are As Bad As Nollywood Movies. by Crixina(f): 7:51pm On Aug 24, 2013
Kslib: Hollywood movies might be predictable also but what i enjoy watching is how what i predict plays out..
1.. Good guy vs hundreds of bad guys::: What i enjoy is how the good guy finishes them.. The trick and how he doest it intelligently...
Yes,we know the good guy always finishes them but the Genius is how he does it and thats what makes a great movie...
..Exactly its not abt how well u can predict them,but how well they play it out,after all that's fun part,its convincing even though it may not be real.unlike(in basket's mouth's voice) I will kill u,why do u want to kill me?becos ur own don dey too much,kpa! Kpa! Die!,oh! Oh!I don dieee.
2.. Romance:: Yeah,we know they both will fall inlove but how does it play out? How the love grows,and the events that lead to both of them finally being together is what i enjoy..
All izz well!
Re: Five Ways Hollywood Movies Are As Bad As Nollywood Movies. by Chrisabig(m): 7:52pm On Aug 24, 2013
Is not about the good and bad guys i watch, listing to the words they speak it help a lot mosly hollywood, and some nollywood. We all know all movie have end with the good guy alife. Listing to the words and fight with your brain thinking what will happen and how it happen in the movie, my friend upgrade your brain.
Re: Five Ways Hollywood Movies Are As Bad As Nollywood Movies. by greatwaters: 7:54pm On Aug 24, 2013
Yomieluv: forget white man mentality,i prefer to watch the baddest hollywood,than the best nollywood....how do you explain a ghost looking right,and left before crossing a road,and a guy being shot inside a car,and the windshield didnt break,and the guy died.or few year later,and omotola still wears the same hairdo,or Genevive wakes up from bed with makeup....huck.
Funny thing is all these things you mentioned may happen in hollywood movies without you noticing. You easily notice it in nollywood movies because you are expecting it. We blind ourselves to a lot of bullshit from hollywood because we think they are smarter.

2 Likes

Re: Five Ways Hollywood Movies Are As Bad As Nollywood Movies. by Nobody: 8:00pm On Aug 24, 2013
dmcdad:
Where I no gree na where Vin Diesel take catch Letty on top that bridge. Haba! Na bread?
that scene still de burst my reasoning.

You need to see all Stephen seagal movies, that guy beats a gun carrying crowd with his bare hands.

1 Like

Re: Five Ways Hollywood Movies Are As Bad As Nollywood Movies. by swhiss: 8:00pm On Aug 24, 2013
[quote author=Yomieluv]or Genevive wakes up from bed with makeup.../quote]

she might have returned home drunk and dozed off
Re: Five Ways Hollywood Movies Are As Bad As Nollywood Movies. by purplekayc(m): 8:05pm On Aug 24, 2013
Whatever! But hollywood films are very well filmed that most @ times it would be very hard to notice any misstake made by the filmakers ..
Re: Five Ways Hollywood Movies Are As Bad As Nollywood Movies. by Nobody: 8:05pm On Aug 24, 2013
k.style:
Pirates....stagneti's revenge
u bring b.lue film reach here again
Re: Five Ways Hollywood Movies Are As Bad As Nollywood Movies. by Nobody: 8:06pm On Aug 24, 2013
k.style:
Pirates....stagneti's revenge
u bring bl.u.e film reach here again
Re: Five Ways Hollywood Movies Are As Bad As Nollywood Movies. by ProfOwah(m): 8:09pm On Aug 24, 2013
this is hollywood vs nollywood. i love nijai
Re: Five Ways Hollywood Movies Are As Bad As Nollywood Movies. by NellyGhenghen(m): 8:12pm On Aug 24, 2013
Thats why its called "Acting" ... it doesn't have to be real, but good acting must be believable. Same with magic.
Re: Five Ways Hollywood Movies Are As Bad As Nollywood Movies. by laykhorn(m): 8:22pm On Aug 24, 2013
ROTFLMAO!!! grin grin grin
Re: Five Ways Hollywood Movies Are As Bad As Nollywood Movies. by olopan(m): 8:27pm On Aug 24, 2013
@op no one gets it better than you coz nah true talk you yarn for ground
cool
Resident Evil tops one of the fictions of all time
grin cheesy wink
Re: Five Ways Hollywood Movies Are As Bad As Nollywood Movies. by IbroSaunks(m): 8:28pm On Aug 24, 2013
@senbonzakura_kageoshi seriously, what movies have you been watching?...
Re: Five Ways Hollywood Movies Are As Bad As Nollywood Movies. by CaptainCodes(m): 8:32pm On Aug 24, 2013
grin

2 Likes

Re: Five Ways Hollywood Movies Are As Bad As Nollywood Movies. by Alikaxon(m): 8:33pm On Aug 24, 2013
Nollywood is the best
Re: Five Ways Hollywood Movies Are As Bad As Nollywood Movies. by slimyem: 8:35pm On Aug 24, 2013
Why is it that it is right when
they have the chance to put the good guy out of the misery of
acting another part of the movie for good, that’s when the bad
guy decides to tell us his entire life story while the good guy
figures out how to free himself with one toothpick and a piece
of thread.
Are they shitting us in Hollywood?
lmao. cheesy
This part got me the most. cheesygrincheesy Occurs in hollywood movies all the time.
Re: Five Ways Hollywood Movies Are As Bad As Nollywood Movies. by Nobody: 8:38pm On Aug 24, 2013
What's up
olopan: @op no one gets it better than you coz nah true talk you yarn for ground
cool
Resident Evil tops one of the fictions of all time
grin cheesy wink
Re: Five Ways Hollywood Movies Are As Bad As Nollywood Movies. by Baddestguyp(m): 8:39pm On Aug 24, 2013
ohaleoghene: While you are wrong ! Let me enlighten you , and only hope you learn from this . Movies world are fantasy world , totally different from the real world . My lecturer who took me on drama , said and I quote ' in art we do not find reality ,when we do , it is no longer art ' poster , what caught our fancy in movies are the fact that this things do not , and if they do happen arre very rare , and we do only hear about them , and then we say , oh , just like in the movies . Haven't u notice how people who find it hard to believe a certain story say , I am sure you saw that in a movie , that sure can't happen ! So your analysis my dear is crap ! Think of it , won't you find movies boring of it gives us exactly real life situations ? If that is how movies work , while ,.I rather wait till such happens to someone around me , and save the ticket money for a meal .
so u're telling me u prefer jet li fightin on nepa wire to series lik the event? Dude u hav no taste for movies. Even 24 is good cos its realistic except d 24 hour rule. Most of the recent hollywood movies r trash, bt some of their series r good lik: the americans, the event, prison break, tean wolf (only werewolf iish i've eva liked) e.t.c. The interestin ones r the non-episodic ones bt burn notice is good. Then also realistic korean series lik: slingshot, the great seer, lobbyist, crime squad, e.t.c. Korean love stories makes gals expect too much 4rm guys. Bt boys over flowers is good
Re: Five Ways Hollywood Movies Are As Bad As Nollywood Movies. by theanonymous: 8:48pm On Aug 24, 2013
senbonzakura_kageyoshi: Right off the bat, I will have to announce that i’m not a fan of Nollywood. Right from the name to the many, many crappy movies, so many that they can fill the whole of Lagos and still as for extra sheets from Ogun State. And if you’ve read this particular post of mine on Nairaland, it probably underlines that fact. Much of what I hate is how predictable Nollywood movies are. However, I have to admit that Hollywood movies are sometimes as bad as Nollywood movies. Think i’m lying? Okay, disprove these:

1) Good guy vs Hundreds of bad guys in gun duel. Who wins?: Have yo watched any of those old Arnold Schwazenegger movies where he finds himself in a tight corner being fired at by literally a hundred baddies? Or Bruce Willis? Or Sylvester Stallone? Has anyone noticed how so many people are firing at one guy and he doesn’t sustain even a slight graze from any of the bullets (incidentally, he only gets injured by flying glass, and the only person whose shot manages to hit him is the main bad guy himself. Note that said shot is rarely ever lethal).

But this same dude, from his tiny hiding place behind a car/pillar/carton manages to eliminate every single one of them and still has enough energy after to come out and bask in the glory of his awesomeness? Think of it, seriously, how possible is that. Heck, even two peple should be enough. How incompetent can thirty people be that they can’t shot at and kill one tiny guy? No wonder naija guys say “actor no dey die for film!”

Why Nollywood cant pull it off: Just imagine Jim Iyke trying to save the day while being shot at by Gentle Jack and thirty other bad guy goons. That would be comedy!

2) Someone breaks all the rules…and still saves the day!: Rules are made for a reason. One, to keep things from going chaotic. Two, the bring things back to order if things do go chaotic. So it is crazy when in Hollywood movies, one guy just busts out of nowhere and breaks all the rules on the way to saving the day.

I mean, what? Seriously, if super heroes did exist in the real world, they would be sued out of business for breaking nearly every rules the government puts in place to protect citizens. For one, in the case of a hostage situation, first, the captors have to first be negotiated with, while security forces try to find a way to get the captives freed. However, Bruce Willis would have none of it and would instead go in one man SWAT in to bust the captives out.
What would happen in real life: The captors would shoot Bruce Willis dead on sight.

Why Nollywood can’t pull it off: Oh, they already tried it in “The President Must Not Die”. The result being that the president (Enebeli Elebuwa, RIP) turned sharp shooter, which was funny as hell.

http://zakuraweekly.com/five-ways-hollywood-movies-are-as-bad-as-nollywood-movies/

maybe you havent noticed that the main guys are heavily trained compared to the bad guy's hired thugs!!
And with the law breaking tin, thatz just somewhat valid. Whu would want to turn in a guy that broke several laws just to save the day. Note, when this line is being used, the 'line breaker' that is the actor ends up saving a big personality e.g The president, bank manager blah blah
..but then again, everyone is entitled to his or her own point of view.
Re: Five Ways Hollywood Movies Are As Bad As Nollywood Movies. by Nobody: 8:48pm On Aug 24, 2013
Eureka007: as you no ear english naa
Precisely
Re: Five Ways Hollywood Movies Are As Bad As Nollywood Movies. by mrlaw93(m): 8:48pm On Aug 24, 2013
@OP sorry to say I tink there is no sense in Wat u wrote nd it lacks humour.. I read d whole of this post tinking somtin meaningful will eventually com out of it.. tah! disgusting.. now I will take ur point knw after d other.
1. the gud guy kills dem all cos we re made knwn in d film dat he is well trained than dem nd d thousands of guys re jst trash.
2. ur no2 is even out of point..rules re made to keep tins chaotic.. since d cops cnt figure a way to rescue d hostages. the so called super hero who believes he has somtin special nd different Cn as well save d day
3. winning a girls heart 2fyn dancing.. dnt be a crap! u Cn win a girl heart 2ru Wat u tink she desires most nah.. in dis case dancing. if it is singing show her u got d voice, away nd d pinnach to do it.
4. LOL! if d bad guy kills d gud one.. for god sake who will complete d film..na u WAN do am ni.. and note: actor dey die for film go watch CRANK.
5. the last two or last one figures out hw to kill d monster when d idea comes due to deap research nd enough time.. nd exploiting the dead ones.. or even by mistake.. if people no die Wat is d extent of calling it horror..
** I DROP MY PEN **
Re: Five Ways Hollywood Movies Are As Bad As Nollywood Movies. by moshoodn(m): 8:56pm On Aug 24, 2013
Steven Seagal is particularly guilty of many of these rules!

The guy is a bully who rarely gets beaten but he surely breaks others arms.

I love almost all Hollywood actors cos they're trying.

Anyways, personally, as a biochemist, I love Sci Fi. . .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

24 Season 8 Begins 17th Jan / Which Of These Nollywood Movies Did You Watch As A Kid? (pics) / Why Channels TV Male Presenters Always Fold Their Sleeves?(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.