Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,690 members, 7,801,989 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:33 AM

General New Zealand Student Enquires - Travel (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General New Zealand Student Enquires (209803 Views)

New Zealand Student Visa / Australia Or New Zealand Student Visa! / New Zealand Student Visa: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (51) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by solomoncater: 8:23am On Nov 13, 2016
He needs Msc.
malmo:

lautech, btech
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by solomoncater: 8:26am On Nov 13, 2016
The only question that can be answered with certainty is that you will get a full work visa for the duration of your wife's visa. You are not guaranteed a job here. Job is based on your skill and your ability to fit into a work organisation. She needs to prove she has an Equivalent of $15,000 New Zealand dollar equivalent to get the visa.

adeboye1000:
Hello,

I have gone through the thread and learnt some stuffs.I wanna ask.If my wife gets a Phd position in New Zealand,will they give me full-time work permit?If yes,What kind of job do you think will be available for me?Do you think it will be possible for both of us to survive(accomm.,feeding,Insurance etc) with the kind of job?Like how much do we(Husband and wife) need to show the visa officer after paying her first year tuition?
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by 40manlappy: 9:37pm On Nov 13, 2016
@cconcept, solomoncater

Just read about the earthquake. Hope you guys are good. Stay safe!

Powerful 7.4 magnitude quake rattles New Zealand

http://m.guardian.ng/news/powerful-7-4-magnitude-quake-rattles-new-zealand/?F

Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by cconcept: 10:05pm On Nov 13, 2016
40manlappy:
@cconcept, solomoncater

Thanks a lot.
I am good oooooooo smiley
My flat was actually dancing.

2 Likes

Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by bikerboy1(m): 10:07am On Nov 14, 2016
cconcept:

Thanks a lot.

Are you serious? I thought the news said 90km north of Christchurch. So the whole of Christchurch was affected.

God, please save your people.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by 40manlappy: 12:32pm On Nov 14, 2016
cconcept:

Thanks a lot.

I can imagine @ "dancing" cheesy

Thank God for your life. Every country with its own wahala
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by solomoncater: 7:07am On Nov 16, 2016
Thanks bro for your kind wishes. I am actually in Auckland and slept all through the earthquake. It was my friends who actually called from Naija to notify me. lol

40manlappy:
@cconcept, solomoncater

1 Like

Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by 40manlappy: 8:07am On Nov 16, 2016
solomoncater:
Thanks bro for your kind wishes. I am actually in Auckland and slept all through the earthquake. It was my friends who actually called from Naija to notify me. lol

Welcome bro
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by laykay(m): 2:09pm On Nov 18, 2016
dammywu:
Hello guys, am new to Nairaland, I promised myself I will join when am done with visa application to New zealand.
So if you have any question about studying in NZ please do ask me.

Hey please I wish to get a PGD certificate at SIT (Southern Institute of Technology) at Invercargill, Otago.

I was wondering how do I begin the process, would I need to evaluate my result (WES) , please just advise on what steps needs to be taken for a Nigerian to acquire a student Visa.

Regards,
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by dammywu: 9:25am On Nov 21, 2016
Hello, since you know the school and course you are interested in. The first step is to apply and secure admission. The proof of offer of admission is number one important requirement for applying for a student visa. Afterwards you need to show living expenses amount in your account as well as a proof of tuition fees payment. Hope I answered your question. No need for WES evaluation, moreover after applying to the school, the school will advise you on what to do next.
laykay:

Hey please I wish to get a PGD certificate at SIT (Southern Institute of Technology) at Invercargill, Otago.

I was wondering how do I begin the process, would I need to evaluate my result (WES) , please just advise on what steps needs to be taken for a Nigerian to acquire a student Visa.

Regards,
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by cass1234: 2:27am On Nov 25, 2016
ANYONE who has the same experience PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!

So heres my story, I have overstayed my student visa in Australia for 6 months due to financial problems and have left the country voluntarily. I wasnt deported or excluded, I bought a ticket went home volunatarily. An officer told me that a ban will be applied to me for overstaying, there are no stamp on my passport re. the ban or the ovestaying. Now I wanted to have a new start and wanted to apply in another country,which is new zealand.I want to apply another student visa,because there are no work here in my home country and my uncle is willing to sponsor me to go to another country to study and hopefully land a better job after. My question is,will my overstay in Australia affect my New zealand visa application? Will I get deny because of my overstay issues?
Did anyone tried this?
Thank you for your help!
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by cass1234: 2:32am On Nov 25, 2016
Hi uist! Thanks for your positive comment. I too have a similar situation, I have a ban in OZ though I have left the country voluntarily.. Im so keen in trying New Zealand and I want to be positive about it. After all we will never know if we can get a visa or not unless we try. God Bless everyone!
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by cass1234: 2:33am On Nov 25, 2016
uist:
If truly you want to study in New Zealand, don't be discourage, i will encourage you to apply. Am talking from experience. A cousin of mine used forged documents to apply for Canada visa, and he was denied and banned! So when he wanted to apply for US visa, a lot of people discourage him not to apply for US visa, and he was told US and Canada shares information bla bla bla. I encourage him to apply, and never listen to them. He got his 2 years multiple visa last year November 2014, and he's currently in Houston Texas. US and Canada dont use same central database system, Same with Australia and New Zealand.

Note: Australia and New Zealand dont use same central database visa system.

They are just neighbors, and they don't use same central system for visa, and there is no way New Zealand will know about your previous Australia denial, except if the refusal stamp is on your passport! Believe me, that will not make affect your visa, This time you have to make sure all your documents are genuine, and package your application well, you will come here to share testimony. Mark my word! My uncle lives in Christ Church and i also have cousin there, the country is a nice place. If you already gotten your admission, try gather all the necessary documents together and apply. Wish you best of luck.

Hi uist! Thanks for your positive comment. I too have a similar situation, I have a ban in OZ though I have left the country voluntarily.. Im so keen in trying New Zealand and I want to be positive about it. After all we will never know if we can get a visa or not unless we try. God Bless everyone!
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by cass1234: 2:35am On Nov 25, 2016
nkechima:
Please house I need your help on dis issue
I was given a 3years ban in Australia last year July (bogus document) and now I have the intention of applying to NZ.

my questions now are...
Will the OZ ban affect my application with NZ ( student visa).

Do age matter cos I will b 37yrs and will b going for vocational program (Nursing).

Hi there! we have a similar situation.I was wondering how did your application go? I am too are planning to apply nextyr to NZ despite having a ban for overstaying in OZ. I dont want to lose hope
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by StringAngel(m): 3:06pm On Dec 02, 2016
solomoncater:
The only question that can be answered with certainty is that you will get a full work visa for the duration of your wife's visa. You are not guaranteed a job here. Job is based on your skill and your ability to fit into a work organisation. She needs to prove she has an Equivalent of $15,000 New Zealand dollar equivalent to get the visa.

@solomoncater.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by solomoncater: 12:13am On Dec 09, 2016
To be honest, I am not sure I will have the time to Skype or Whatsapp (not being rude). I can reply your emails as they come in. But, most of the information you want is already on the immigration website. 1 piece of advice. Make sure you give them the correct information. Nigeria is in risk level 2 (if you are doing a PhD) which is above average. Funds and medicals are the 2 reasons 80% of applications are rejected. Make sure you use the accredited hospital and have at least $15k for your cost of living in your account or sponsors account.

opabz:

Hello solomoncater. Am about to apply for my visa to Auckland. Will really need you to help me out with a few guidelines. How can we get in touch. Skype, whatsapp or email?

1 Like

Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by opabz: 6:08pm On Dec 09, 2016
solomoncater:
To be honest, I am not sure I will have the time to Skype or Whatsapp (not being rude). I can reply your emails as they come in. But, most of the information you want is already on the immigration website. 1 piece of advice. Make sure you give them the correct information. Nigeria is in risk level 2 (if you are doing a PhD) which is above average. Funds and medicals are the 2 reasons 80% of applications are rejected. Make sure you use the accredited hospital and have at least $15k for your cost of living in your account or sponsors account.

Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by solomoncater: 11:23pm On Dec 11, 2016
If this is Tayo I have already replied your email. I had a discussion with your supervisor's students (Kai & Alex) after I was copied into the email your supervisor (Ken) sent to them. Ken (we usually go on first name basis here, no need for prof., Dr. etc) is a very nice person so, I will say you will have a smooth research with him. You have a scholarship which means you don't have to bother about money. But, 1 - 2 years along the line, you will surely look for other jobs to make some extra money. I have sent you my phone number so you can call me on Whatsapp. I am not sure I will have the time for a Skype call. It is not easy getting a scholarship here due to the Immigration laws which has already subsidized the school fees. We have more than 100 PhD. students studying Civil Engr. (Structures Specialization only) and 90% are international students (you can do the maths).

opabz:

Thanks for the reply. Its a PhD program covered by a scholarship at the university of Auckland so funding is not the problem. I just need someone who can paint a true reality for me. I have been reading and watching videos about new Zealand for a while now. From my own experience, the internet doesn't cover up all the scenarios. Culture shock and unforseen circumstances can throw even the most travelled people off balance. Those are the angles I want to cover. Best regards
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Ejemehn(m): 4:49pm On Dec 20, 2016
Hello Opabz,

Have you gotten your visa? If yes, how did you do it? Won't mind sharing experiences. Coming to Christchurch early next year.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by haywire1: 12:47am On Dec 22, 2016
@solomoncater @cconcept

I received a conditional offer from UoA to study Masters programme in food processing ( had a btech in food Engineering). Studying in NZ is a huge investment ,ther tuition fee no b joke. Pls,how's the food industry in NZ nd what r d chances of getting jobs?

Thanks

#
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by solomoncater: 1:57am On Dec 27, 2016
That is such a big step. I will suggest you google NZ shortage skill list. That will give you an idea of your prospect after graduation. From my observation here, getting a job is mainly about your attitude and how well you can network. I wish you all the best. If you have the can do spirit, this is a place for you.

haywire1:
@solomoncater @cconcept

I received a conditional offer from UoA to study Masters programme in food processing ( had a btech in food Engineering). Studying in NZ is a huge investment ,ther tuition fee no b joke. Pls,how's the food industry in NZ nd what r d chances of getting jobs?

Thanks

#
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Doodoo10: 3:38pm On Dec 27, 2016
Please everyone

I need your assistance

I am a graduate of petroleum engineering 2014, after graduation and nysc service last month November
I am looking forward to migrating to NZ, with the primary intention of working to earn a living

Please who can advise me on the best step to follow

Thanks and God bless you all
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Michealjerry: 7:08pm On Jan 06, 2017
Pls anybody in dis room,I wt to know about New Zealand,kindly anyone tell me.Thx
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by yuad: 6:25am On Jan 07, 2017
TBTG I received my visa yesterday.
Documents submitted:
Ielts (scored 8 band )
Offer of place
School fee payment receipt
4 title deeds belonging to my mum and father in law
Bank statement (I'm kenyan so I had 10mil in my account)
Sponsor affidavit for my husband
Timeline
Sent documents to SA and arrived on 19th Dec
They were on holiday from 26th Dec to 4th Jan
On 6th received an email that visa is ready.
No telephone interview requested

2 Likes

Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by cconcept: 8:20am On Jan 07, 2017
yuad:
TBTG I received my visa yesterday.
Documents submitted:
Ielts (scored 8 band )
Offer of place
School fee payment receipt
4 title deeds belonging to my mum and father in law
Bank statement (I'm kenyan so I had 10mil in my account)
Sponsor affidavit for my husband
Timeline
Sent documents to SA and arrived on 19th Dec
They were on holiday from 26th Dec to 4th Jan
On 6th received an email that visa is ready.
No telephone interview requested

Congrats. Welcome to new Zealand
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by yuad: 2:15pm On Jan 07, 2017
cconcept:

Congrats. Welcome to new Zealand

Thanks......was wondering if it is hard to get a rental property as my husband and I don't want to have to share with a flatmate

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (51) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada-part2 / I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! / On Vacation: New York City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.