Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,894 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:12 AM

General New Zealand Student Enquires - Travel (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General New Zealand Student Enquires (209818 Views)

New Zealand Student Visa / Australia Or New Zealand Student Visa! / New Zealand Student Visa: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (51) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Tigernew: 9:27am On May 22, 2017
distinguished1:

I was surprised too, I spent 18 minutes, 22 seconds on the test.
Perhaps, the word "SIMPLE" is relative.

yes you are right, and I think it depends on how fast can you think.. That is the idea of the IQ test
So, is it better to do it in 12 mins and have some wrong answers (1 or 2 questions) or spend more time and answer all the question correctly?

1 Like

Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by sparkle94: 1:56pm On May 25, 2017
I think it is better to do it in a longer periods n get all the answers correct than finish in 12mins n fail most of them. Anyways, my case was that most of my time went in while the network was loading the next question.
Today is the deadline they gave me for writing the test. Any news from them yet
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by usmanm77: 11:00pm On May 25, 2017
Hello people,
Also took the test yesterday. Tried completing mine under the 12 minutes but ended up taking 16 more seconds.
All in all, It wasn't as difficult as those examples and sample tests online. I hope we all pass and get selected.

Also, I didn't get a notification since the test. Has anyone of you?
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Tigernew: 1:23pm On May 26, 2017
I didn't receive any email since I took the test
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by gotousa2013: 12:36pm On May 28, 2017
I had BSc in Foods and nutrition (second class upper) and now I'm interested in MSc food science/tech but I don't know my chances of admission because of my degree deficiencies so I'm thinking of doing a postgraduate diploma after completion I will then enrol for MSc food tech research stream.
What are my chances of securing the visa? Cos I heard nz don't offer 1yr visas. Is this true?
I'm I going to pay full year or semester basis.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by PNZD: 6:54pm On Jun 01, 2017
Good news people.
My visa application was approved and I'll be in Auckland in next month.
The only hitch now is accommodation. Any ideas?!

I'm currently trying to arrange a temporary accommodation with the Uni but was given backpackers as an option. Any idea of a backpackers that has a minimum of one per room cos I can can't seem to find it. Pls help.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Prudento: 10:30pm On Jun 01, 2017
PNZD:
Good news people.
My visa application was approved and I'll be in Auckland in next month.
The only hitch now is accommodation. Any ideas?!

I'm currently trying to arrange a temporary accommodation with the Uni but was given backpackers as an option. Any idea of a backpackers that has a minimum of one per room cos I can can't seem to find it. Pls help.

Are you on scholarship? If so, which?

1 Like

Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Tigernew: 6:47pm On Jun 11, 2017
Anyone got a reply after the test?
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Prudento: 11:40pm On Jun 12, 2017
Guys log into your profile and check the status of your application.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Tigernew: 3:50am On Jun 13, 2017
Prudento:
Guys log into your profile and check the status of your application.

What about the status? It still submitted? What does it mean?
Should it change to something else?
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by kaizenBash(m): 6:44am On Jun 13, 2017
Has anyone got a message yet after the test? Please let us update one another on here.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by chaiks: 9:20am On Jun 22, 2017
malmo:

brother, please i just need help about writing proposal for Phd programme in NZ uni. This is for my friend who is planning to get scholarship for postgraduate in NZ.
Thanks
please is your friend going for masters or direct PhD.am in d same process.drafting a proposal before finally applying.how far v you gone
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Tigernew: 3:31am On Jul 02, 2017
Anyone got a reply with an interview time?
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by kaizenBash(m): 6:48am On Jul 03, 2017
Has anyone received any update from New Zealand scholarship ever since we did the Personality test?
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Tigernew: 8:40am On Jul 03, 2017
kaizenBash:
Has anyone received any update from New Zealand scholarship ever since we did the Personality test?

I have emailed them and they replied with this "The results are still being assessed. We will contact everyone in due course to let you know the outcome of the tests, until then we are unable to provide any individual feedback on test results or application status."

Hope we will get response soon.

4 Likes

Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by kaizenBash(m): 6:03am On Jul 04, 2017
Good. we are waiting patiently then.
Tigernew:

I have emailed them and they replied with this "The results are still being assessed. We will contact everyone in due course to let you know the outcome of the tests, until then we are unable to provide any individual feedback on test results or application status."

1 Like

Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Dolypson04(m): 6:07am On Jul 06, 2017
They keep me checking any emails I get with impulse. I can't just wait to see the good news

2 Likes

Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Adetolababs: 3:06pm On Jul 08, 2017
Okay. Thanks for the info. We will wait patiently. I hope it turns out well.
Tigernew:

Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by daudakarimou4: 10:56am On Jul 09, 2017
Hello guys , I am Daoüda, from Cameroon but I live in Turkey. I also applied for the NZDS and did the online psychometric test in the middle of May. I'm very happy I found this group where we can share information about the process and help each other in subsequent stages of the scholarship if we make it there

As we wait for the next e-mail from them which hopefully is going to be send any moment from now according to the timelines, I will also like to join if there is a group on Whatsap and/or Facebook

Thankz a lot guys
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Nobody: 11:23am On Jul 09, 2017
daudakarimou4:
Hello guys , I am Daoüda, from Cameroon but I live in Turkey. I also applied for the NZDS and did the online psychometric test in the middle of May. I'm very happy I found this group where we can share information about the process and help each other in subsequent stages of the scholarship if we make it there

As we wait for the next e-mail from them which hopefully is going to be send any moment from now according to the timelines, I will also like to join if there is a group on Whatsap and/or Facebook

Thankz a lot guys

welcome dear friend

2 Likes

Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Ladon7: 11:00pm On Jul 09, 2017
Good day , pls I also need help on how to draft a proposal for Phd in Nz. kindly help pls( av B.Sc n MSc in Industrial chemistry)
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by mamaeko: 2:09am On Jul 12, 2017
This thread has been very informative.Kudos to all the contributors
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Tigernew: 4:19am On Jul 12, 2017
According to the timeline, they should send emails by the end of June for applicants who are going to do interview.
Why no emails have been sent till now? This means no interviews!!!

1 Like

Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by kaizenBash(m): 5:39am On Jul 14, 2017
Hi members, a friend got a mail from New Zealand 5 hours ago. But I'm still yet to receive any email yet.

Please, as any other person received mail from themv
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by louis44rhema: 8:45am On Jul 14, 2017
I want to sincerely thank everyone in this forum. The information thus far have been very supportive. I currently received conditional offer for phd at UC. The conditional is based on evidence of scholarship or personal funding, although I clicked UC scholarship during my application. I am still trying to work with my supervisor on securing scholarship. Please I your advice.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by sparkle94: 7:48pm On Jul 14, 2017
Any message yet?
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by sparkle94: 7:51pm On Jul 14, 2017
kaizenBash:
Hi members, a friend got a mail from New Zealand 5 hours ago. But I'm still yet to receive any email yet.

Please, as any other person received mail from themv

I haven't received yet but what did the mail your friend received say, like what did they tell him/her in the e-mail?
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by kaizenBash(m): 2:57am On Jul 15, 2017
I haven't received any email yet also, What is your status showing on the website? Mine had been changed to Decline. I think an unsuccessful status are changed to decline or emails are sent and successful are left as submitted until the final few are selected for the next phase. I am actually still awaits their email to be sure of my application or i will rather send an inquiry to them on https://scholarship.force.com/CommunityFAEnquiry.

You can also check your status and give feedback on here.

This is the regret email that was sent to the brother.

Thank you for your recent application for a New Zealand Scholarship. All applications have now been through an initial screening process.

We are sorry to tell you your application was unsuccessful. There are a number of reasons for this, including: not meeting our eligibility criteria, not strongly matching our selection preferences, or not being strongly aligned with the priority sectors for your country.

Winning a scholarship is a very competitive process. Each year we receive more than 11,000 applications for only 530 available New Zealand Scholarships.

To understand more about what we’re looking for in successful scholars, read the information on our website. In particular see our Selection Preferences, information about Priority Sectors, and how we conduct our selection process. The selection process for New Zealand Scholarships is rigorous. We need to be sure we select scholars who can provide the best development outcomes for their countries.

sparkle94:

I haven't received yet but what did the mail your friend received say, like what did they tell him/her in the e-mail?
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by chaiks: 7:11am On Jul 15, 2017
louis44rhema:
I want to sincerely thank everyone in this forum. The information thus far have been very supportive. I currently received conditional offer for phd at UC. The conditional is based on evidence of scholarship or personal funding, although I clicked UC scholarship during my application. I am still trying to work with my supervisor on securing scholarship. Please I your advice.
congrats.it I'll surely pan out well.if I may ask,did you apply for direct PhD?if,did you submit a proposal and secured a supervisor before?what were d documents you submitted in d process of d application including any test?

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (51) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada-part2 / On Vacation: New York City / I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.