Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,794 members, 7,798,678 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:22 AM

General New Zealand Student Enquires - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General New Zealand Student Enquires (209632 Views)

New Zealand Student Visa / Australia Or New Zealand Student Visa! / New Zealand Student Visa: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (51) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by solomoncater: 1:01pm On Oct 08, 2015
Hello Favour,

I am PhD student in NZ so i am not sure how it works for Bsc or Nursing students. I don't want to mislead you with my answers.

1. I am not sure about how it works for Bsc. student's spouse.
2. If your spouse comes on a visitors visa, he will not be eligible to apply for jobs.
3. I am not sure about the kids arrangements for Bsc. students
4. The application cost is in the Immigration website. I have forgotten how much i paid for mine.
5. There is shortage of nurses in New Zealand, therefore you have a good chance of getting a nice job afterwards.

favouredme:
Hello Solomoncaster

Hello

I recently got an admission to study nursing in NZ ,I did my Bsc and PGD in the UK

I have read through the immigration website but uncertain about the following, I wonder if you will be kind enough to shed some light?

1) If the spouse of international students studying for Bsc on the skills shortage list are eligible for work visa? If yes, what are the work rights attached to the work visa in question?

2) If the spouse of the international student in question is eligible for a visitor visa ( i.e in the event of ineligiblity for a work visa) , if yes, what are the work rights?

3) Are the children (primary school age) covered under the spouses' application ? or are they required to apply separately? If applying seperately, what type will each of the children apply for?

4) visa application costs

5) general job prospects, to keep body and soul together at the first in
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by cconcept: 3:55am On Nov 17, 2015
solomoncater:

Yea i have... there is even a student package. Are you in NZ now?

please can to tell us about this airline and its student package?
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by honestpoju: 2:55am On Nov 19, 2015
Hello,
Please can you give me a few list of schools I can study nursing , fees and how to go about the process from Nigeria or outside Nigeria? Thanks and God bless
dinlin:
@justcare. I mean hustling illegally. fees are btw 16 to 23k depending on skool. skools can be a polytec,institute,college and degree awarding university. 20 hrs a wk work on a valid student visa. dont think r sharp theyl catch u and send u home...processin for naija can take anywher from 3 to 6 months..u need a confirmation of enrolment,police report,medical report,bank statement and ties to home country. its a time consuming process. u send applicatn to nz embassy in pretoria. fulltime jobs shuld earn you abt 40k or more depending on skilled area per yr on a 16.50 dols an hr. some occupations are on the shortage list so you can do ur research and see what course u can invest ur money. shortage skills lead to residence. google these infos. you can do it all by urself. I did...dont come study course wey dem no need if u want to stay to get residence. finance, bis admin, chemistry are nt needed so package ursef...nursing,social work, physical therapy, engineers e.t.c. so yeah all up to u.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Nobody: 9:29am On Nov 28, 2015
Pls for those of us that have successfully applied through vfs in SA...pls how did u pay ur vfs application fee...im having issue wit my VISA debit card and how don't have domi account to pay directly to their bank account...can i use a frnd Master card...plz help wit info
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by cconcept: 11:41am On Nov 28, 2015
Beverly1:
Pls for those of us that have successfully applied through vfs in SA...pls how did u pay ur vfs application fee...im having issue wit my VISA debit card and how don't have domi account to pay directly to their bank account...can i use a frnd Master card...plz help wit info

As long as you have a Nigerian naira bank account and an ATM(MasterCard or visa) is issued on the account,just fill the details of the card on the authorization form and you are good to go!
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Nobody: 12:24pm On Nov 28, 2015
cconcept:

As long as you have a Nigerian naira bank account and an ATM(MasterCard or visa) is issued on the account,just fill the details of the card on the authorization form and you are good to go!
that's what i did and they mailed me that the d number is not valid so i believe it has to do wit my bank.,but they cannot resolve the problem now...but im thinking if i can use my brother's master card...wil that be an issue?
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by solomoncater: 9:39am On Dec 04, 2015
Why not try the Mastercard and see what happens. Or you call your bank and tell them about the difficulty you are facing. Sometimes it could just be a problem with the payment gateway.

Beverly1:
that's what i did and they mailed me that the d number is not valid so i believe it has to do wit my bank.,but they cannot resolve the problem now...but im thinking if i can use my brother's master card...wil that be an issue?
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by opeyemix: 11:35am On Dec 04, 2015
plz,can anyone tell me where to start from if i am to apply for a work visa from nigeria(application fee,and every other fee involved)
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Nobody: 11:49am On Dec 07, 2015
what is the name of the school.?
moneybag100:
bro, I once applied as a conference attendant before and was denied by NZ embassy in pretoria..I want to now applied for a vocational study or a certificate study like a year...what's my chance? Can I see one of $5000? And a school told me they have denied many Nigerians that I shouldn't border to apply that I would be denied because many Nigerians have miss-used the opportunity...how true is that?
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by solomoncater: 6:54am On Dec 08, 2015
namebdis4:
what is the name of the school.?

What is the name of the school? I am 98% sure you can't see any vocational school for 5k. the average is around 18k. Nobody can deny you visa simply because you are Nigerian, don't let that affect your application.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jan 09, 2016
Hello Naijakiwis...pls is there a Nigeria embassy in Nz or whr can a visa application be sent to, to get a Nigeria tourist visa..
Thanks in advance
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by DawnEden(m): 12:49am On Mar 07, 2016
Hello peeps, for those interested in studying for masters in NZ should apply for the NZ development scholarship. Google it. It is straight forward and you can thank God later not me for this opportunity.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by solomoncater: 7:48pm On Mar 17, 2016
Beverly1:
Hello Naijakiwis...pls is there a Nigeria embassy in Nz or whr can a visa application be sent to, to get a Nigeria tourist visa..
Thanks in advance

If you are in Nigeria, you are to apply through South Africa
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by alongie024: 3:29pm On Mar 19, 2016
please do you know anything about skilled immigrant visa in NZ and what is the total amount that someone has to get in his /her account during submission
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Ilodigweudoka(m): 6:15am On Mar 21, 2016
@SOLOMONCATER
Thanks for your immeasurable help all along, i have read through this thread back and forth and am glad to see the effort u put thru to help concerned individuals. But i just want to ask some few questions:
1. Can one decide to apply through NZ's embassy in UK even if he or she is based in Nigeria; instead of the one in SouthAfrica.
2. I am based in Cyprus at the moment and have completed my masters here, i want to know what i should include as proof of tie when applying to the NZ's embassy in UK since am currently in Cyprus. Cos i noticed u applied through Singapore from Malaysia.
thanks, anticipating your response.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by solomoncater: 10:24pm On Mar 21, 2016
Ilodigweudoka:
@SOLOMONCATER
Thanks for your immeasurable help all along, i have read through this thread back and forth and am glad to see the effort u put thru to help concerned individuals. But i just want to ask some few questions:
1. Can one decide to apply through NZ's embassy in UK even if he or she is based in Nigeria; instead of the one in SouthAfrica.
2. I am based in Cyprus at the moment and have completed my masters here, i want to know what i should include as proof of tie when applying to the NZ's embassy in UK since am currently in Cyprus. Cos i noticed u applied through Singapore from Malaysia.
thanks, anticipating your response.

You can go to this link http://www.immigration.govt.nz/templates/Custom/OfficesAndFeesPopup.aspx?NRMODE=Published&NRNODEGUID=%7b5DACAEC6-F0FF-44D9-9C1C-0B8E1A707CE5%7d&NRORIGINALURL=%2fmigrant%2fgeneral%2fformsandfees%2fofficeandfeescalculator%2fLinkAdministration%2fToolboxLinks%2fofficeandfeescalculator%2ehtm%3flevel%3d1&NRCACHEHINT=Guest&level=1 and see what requirements you need to enable you apply and from which place. I think you can apply online directly to NZ for a student visa. just check the link above.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by femijck(m): 7:26am On Mar 23, 2016
Gudday guys. Pls my kiwi fiance wil be applying for a naija visa soon...coming to naija in august, and applying thru d naija embassy in aussie....pls what ar d documents she wil av to send wit d applicatn and can anyone give me a clue on how best she can go about it...and wil she need a malaria vaccination or yellow card...plz guide me. Thanks
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Nobody: 2:18pm On Mar 25, 2016
Hello, kindly assist me with correct answers. I am interested in a PhD in History programme in New Zealand. what is my chance of getting a PR and job during and after studies? I have a family and I hope to take them along. thanks
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Yampotatocarrot(m): 1:19pm On Jun 18, 2016
DawnEden:
Hello peeps, for those interested in studying for masters in NZ should apply for the NZ development scholarship. Google it. It is straight forward and you can thank God later not me for this opportunity.

Please, I wanna apply for the New Zealand commonwealth Scholarship, but unlike what you stated here, the process ain't straightforward at all. Have anyone applied for that? If yes, how did you go about sending your downloaded and filled document to the nominating agency in Nigeria?
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Yampotatocarrot(m): 1:23pm On Jun 18, 2016
solomoncater:

If you are in Nigeria, you are to apply through South Africa

Good job you are doing here, Sir. Please I have some questions: I studied Biotechnology (B.SC) and want to apply for a Masters by research program in it in New Zealand. U sounded so confident earlier that there were scholarship opportunities among other things for Masters by research students..... Please, how do I go about t, cos d scholarships ain't posted online aside the Government ones. And how relevant is the course there? Thanks
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by DawnEden(m): 11:19pm On Jun 18, 2016
Yampotatocarrot:

Please, I wanna apply for the New Zealand commonwealth Scholarship, but unlike what you stated here, the process ain't straightforward at all. Have anyone applied for that? If yes, how did you go about sending your downloaded and filled document to the nominating agency in Nigeria?
I am sorry. Unfortunately, I have no idea about NZ Commonwealth scholarship. I only knw abt the development scholarship which unfortunately it has reached its deadline on April
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Yampotatocarrot(m): 2:59am On Jun 19, 2016
DawnEden:

I am sorry. Unfortunately, I have no idea about NZ Commonwealth scholarship. I only knw abt the development scholarship which unfortunately it has reached its deadline on April

Yeah, I know the deadline for the development scholarship has passed. Thanks a lot for your reply

1 Like

Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by sexybaykay: 4:10pm On Jun 27, 2016
solomoncater:

I just got my Conditional Offer letter today... However i will have to wait till the end of this month to receive my Official Transcript for my Masters degree to send to UoA for them to send the Unconditional offer letter which will be used to process my Visa.. @coldgate which programme did you apply to?
hello
please how did u apply
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by solomoncater: 8:19am On Jun 30, 2016
I did not say you will get any scholarships earlier on. UoA has a very high standard and your chances of getting a scholarship from them is quite high. You should try AUT because they have better funding opportunities. Also for a masters degree by RESEARCH student, you can work full-time while studying.

Yampotatocarrot:

Good job you are doing here, Sir. Please I have some questions: I studied Biotechnology (B.SC) and want to apply for a Masters by research program in it in New Zealand. U sounded so confident earlier that there were scholarship opportunities among other things for Masters by research students..... Please, how do I go about t, cos d scholarships ain't posted online aside the Government ones. And how relevant is the course there? Thanks
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by solomoncater: 8:20am On Jun 30, 2016
I applied through www.auckland.ac.nz

sexybaykay:

hello
please how did u apply
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Yampotatocarrot(m): 2:59pm On Jun 30, 2016
solomoncater:
I did not say you will get any scholarships earlier on. UoA has a very high standard and your chances of getting a scholarship from them is quite high. You should try AUT because they have better funding opportunities. Also for a masters degree by RESEARCH student, you can work full-time while studying.

Thank you very much for your reply.... I'm grateful. Please anybody in the house applying for studies there from Nigeria?
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by enderwiggins: 6:44pm On Jun 30, 2016
Before I stumbled upon this thread I had hopes of applying to NZ as a visitor, now not so much.
For one can someone explain the current procedures for getting a visiting visa. On the website it says you can apply online, do I need to send my passport via mailing service?

If I made any mistakes, sorry cos i'm pretty much a rookie.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Collineno: 2:14pm On Jul 07, 2016
hello everyone.
I just received an email for abstract and personality online test as regards the scholarship application that just ended April.
please does anyone know how the questions are?
if possible a sample or past question will be highly appreciated.
thank you. embarassedhello everyone.
I just received an email for abstract and personality online test as regards the scholarship application that just ended April.
thank you.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Collineno: 2:17pm On Jul 07, 2016
DawnEden:

hello
you said you know about the development scholarship
please do you have any idea on their online assessment test?
the abstract and personality test? lipsrsealed
DawnEden:

hello
you said you know about the development scholarship
please do you have any idea on their online assessment test?
the abstract and personality test?
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Lagishan: 5:21pm On Jul 07, 2016
Please what University and for what program did you apply?

I think this process is new, am not sure if anyone has the experience before, for the New Zealand Development scholarships.

Collineno:
hello everyone.
thank you. embarassedhello everyone.
thank you.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Perotti: 5:25pm On Jul 07, 2016
@Collineno, I also got the mail 2day. I think the test could be structured like the SHL's own. Took a similar test with WorldBank.
Let's chat
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Adetolababs: 6:21pm On Jul 07, 2016
Perotti:
@Collineno, I also got the mail 2day. I think the test could be structured like the SHL's own. Took a similar test with WorldBank.
Let's chat

I also got the mail for the test. Please how is the SHL's /Worldbank's test structured? Wouldn't mind as much info that I can get. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (51) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada-part2 / I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! / On Vacation: New York City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.