Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,557 members, 7,809,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:19 PM

Any Danger Starting Car With The A/C On? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Any Danger Starting Car With The A/C On? (1568 Views)

A Car With Ankara Paint / Starting A Car With AC On: Good Or Bad Practice? / Any Danger In Constantly Removing Your Car Battery? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Danger Starting Car With The A/C On? by sniperwolf(m): 10:36pm On Aug 24, 2013
I've been guilty of this act countless times. I just want to know if there are dangers starting a car with the air condition ON.
One time my dad was in the passenger seat and noticed that I had started the car with the A/C ON, he made me felt bad.
Back to my question, and DANGER? And how often do you do this?
Re: Any Danger Starting Car With The A/C On? by Nobody: 10:45pm On Aug 24, 2013
it wears the engine faster. . .
Re: Any Danger Starting Car With The A/C On? by aaidel(m): 11:55pm On Aug 24, 2013
i have also been told of the wears engine out myth but most of the cars i have had that came with auto ac/climate control i never bothered putting it off and havent really noticed any adverse effect and besides you would notice that the when you start the car the ac compressor doesnt kick in automatically it takes about 30 seconds thats what i noticed on my cars anyway
Re: Any Danger Starting Car With The A/C On? by uboma(m): 8:19am On Aug 25, 2013
@ op, I usually put off the aircon and sound system off before switching off my car. I believe that starting the vehicle with such accessories on puts heavy load on the battery and starter motor. And moreover, I personally think its a bad practice to leave ur aircon and or sound system on before switching off your vehicle.
Re: Any Danger Starting Car With The A/C On? by Mcoldsoja(m): 12:02pm On Aug 25, 2013
aaidel: i have also been told of the wears engine out myth but most of the cars i have had that came with auto ac/climate control i never bothered putting it off and havent really noticed any adverse effect and besides you would notice that the when you start the car the ac compressor doesnt kick in automatically it takes about 30 seconds thats what i noticed on my cars anyway
It has that delay due to the fact that it's an automatic climate system.
Re: Any Danger Starting Car With The A/C On? by cardoctor(m): 7:14pm On Aug 25, 2013
sniperwolf: I've been guilty of this act countless times. I just want to know if there are dangers starting a car with the air condition ON.
One time my dad was in the passenger seat and noticed that I had started the car with the A/C ON, he made me felt bad.
Back to my question, and DANGER? And how often do you do this?

If your car has climate controlled ac system, there is an auto switch system for the compressor that switches on the ac shortly after the car engine is started.

The purpose of this is to take off the load from the starter motor and the battery while cranking the engine.

On cars that have the manual ac system, its more advisable to always turn the ac off before starting the engine.

Car-Doctor.
Re: Any Danger Starting Car With The A/C On? by aaidel(m): 1:07am On Aug 26, 2013
car-doctor:

If your car has climate controlled ac system, there is an auto switch system for the compressor that switches on the ac shortly after the car engine is started.

The purpose of this is to take off the load from the starter motor and the battery while cranking the engine.

On cars that have the manual ac system, its more advisable to always turn the ac off before starting the engine.

Car-Doctor.
alright noted thanks

(1) (Reply)

Tips: When Your Car Won't Start / How Good Is Nissan Premera 2001 / See The Vehicle Made By A Chinese Man Which Even Shocked Policemen (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.