Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,149 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:49 AM

The Old Man And The Scorpion - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Old Man And The Scorpion (446 Views)

Catholic Priest Batters 70-year--Old Man In Anambra / The Parable Of The Frog And The Scorpion: B\w Xtainity And Moderate Islam / There Is No Wedding Ring In The Old Or New Testaments. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Old Man And The Scorpion by SonofIssachar: 12:58am On Aug 25, 2013
- Author Unknown

But as for you, brethren, do not grow weary in doing good. – 2 Thessalonians 3:13

An old man saw a scorpion drowning and decided to pull it out from the water. He calmly extended his hand to reach the creature. When he did, the scorpion stung him. With the effect of the pain, the old man let go the creature and it fell back into the water. The man, realizing that the scorpion was drowning again, got back and tried to rescue it; but then again it stung him. He let go of it again.

A young boy standing by, approached the old man and said, "Excuse me Sir; you are going to hurt yourself trying to save that evil-vicious creature. Why do you insist? Don't you realize that each time you try to help the scorpion, it stings you?"

The man replied, "The nature of the scorpion is to sting; and mine is to help. I cannot afford to let the stinging nature of the scorpion alter my own nature to help."

So the man thought for a while, then he plucked a leaf from a nearby tree and used it to pull the scorpion out of the water; thus saving its life.

The moral of this story is that you should not change your nature. If someone hurts you, just take precautions; don’t let it out on other people or allow it to cloud your judgement of others. Some pursue happiness while others create it. Let your conscience be your guide in whatever you do.

You will succeed in Jesus Name!

Daily Dew is published by Sons of Issachar Concepts. To subscribe by email or read previous editions, visit www.daily-dew.com.

You can now download the Daily Dew app on your Blackberry device. Please click here: http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/29262893

Please share with your loved ones. God bless You!

(1) (Reply)

Hollow / How To Find Lasting Love / Can You Foretell The Date Of Your Death?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.