Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,799 members, 7,802,562 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:21 PM

I Was Once THIRTEEN - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Was Once THIRTEEN (1142 Views)

My Father's Advice To Me When I Was Searching For A Wife... / My Mom Burst In While I Was Having Sex With My Wife. / I was Locked In a Room For 7 Months and forced to marry Him: Wife tells judge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Was Once THIRTEEN by ndidideby(f): 8:55am On Aug 25, 2013
Helo dearies,my name is didi and I'm kinda new to nairaland..I'm here because I have an iSsue with little girls who have been molested one way or the other but mostly sexually.I'm here to tell my story to clear my mind and hope I forget d evil event.I know somany ladies have gone thorough sexual molestation and have not bEen able to share their stories...It all started when I was 5..we lived in a really big compound with many families were we had to run to welcom daddies wen dey were bAck from work,I would run up to one of the daddies who will raise me up and caress my tiny breasts while raising me up,I never understood why he did that but I never forgot it.The little kids and I will run up to welcome another daddy and thesame thing will happen and as young as I was,I became really curious cause I dint know why they did that but dose event suddenly made me become aware of my body.One day,a cousin of mine came home with my mum and my mum said he had come to stay with us.Anytime my parents were nt around,dis young man will punish us,flog us and force us into our room(we were 3 Girls,I was d first)tell my sisters to sleep on the other bed while he stayed with me on another and then he'll begin to put himself into me,it hApend somany times,bt he threatened to do a lot of bad things to me if I told my parents,out of fear,I never told them up till nw....I'm married now and expectng my first child,luckily for me,amidst everything that happened,he never got to break my hymen and bcause of howmuch I hated sex,I never got to loose my virginity until I got married but, It took time to get used to being intimate with my husband,but he helped me,taught me lovingly...this is the issue..I always tel myself that I ve forgiven that cousin of mine,but I don't think I have.but sharing dis in a sociAl network has kinda lifted a burden!this is a call to everyone who has been in situations lke mine or worse..share ur story,let's talk about it and think of solutions to child and adult female molestation...its happening everywere!!!I've heard scary stories,its even hapening to male children by their male uncles!!!..LETS TALK!!!luv u all loads!!
Re: I Was Once THIRTEEN by uboma(m): 9:13am On Aug 25, 2013
Its saddens my heart as I read through your story. Its painful and demeaning but I admire your courage to air out your views with the aim of warning parents to always check up on their kids. I always tell parents especially mothers with little girls to be mindful of who they leave their kids with. Parents should be enlightened on the benefits of inculcating sex education to their children. Teach these children that it is wrong for anyone to touch them on certain parts of their body, teach them to always voice out and report such a case. May God continue to save our little children from devils in disguise.
Re: I Was Once THIRTEEN by ndidideby(f): 10:02pm On Aug 25, 2013
Tanx uboma...I really wish people wuld com out and air their views on how to stop dis.was in d hospital two months bak and bumped into a doctor checkn a 7yr old girl who's been sleeping wit her landlords son of 18!!..she was totally open,never told her parents about it until dey were caught!!lord hav mercy!!
Re: I Was Once THIRTEEN by Pampers: 10:42pm On Aug 25, 2013
God save our children. Its really really sad. I think everything boils down to how close parents r to their children. May God give us d wisdom required to train our children successfully.
Re: I Was Once THIRTEEN by Nobody: 3:35pm On Aug 26, 2013
ndidideby: Helo dearies,my name is didi and I'm kinda new to nairaland..I'm here because I have an iSsue with little girls who have been molested one way or the other but mostly sexually.I'm here to tell my story to clear my mind and hope I forget d evil event.I know somany ladies have gone thorough sexual molestation and have not bEen able to share their stories...It all started when I was 5..we lived in a really big compound with many families were we had to run to welcom daddies wen dey were bAck from work,I would run up to one of the daddies who will raise me up and caress my tiny breasts while raising me up,I never understood why he did that but I never forgot it.The little kids and I will run up to welcome another daddy and thesame thing will happen and as young as I was,I became really curious cause I dint know why they did that but dose event suddenly made me become aware of my body.One day,a cousin of mine came home with my mum and my mum said he had come to stay with us.Anytime my parents were nt around,dis young man will punish us,flog us and force us into our room(we were 3 Girls,I was d first)tell my sisters to sleep on the other bed while he stayed with me on another and then he'll begin to put himself into me,it hApend somany times,bt he threatened to do a lot of bad things to me if I told my parents,out of fear,I never told them up till nw....I'm married now and expectng my first child,luckily for me,amidst everything that happened,he never got to break my hymen and bcause of howmuch I hated sex,I never got to loose my virginity until I got married but, It took time to get used to being intimate with my husband,but he helped me,taught me lovingly...this is the issue..I always tel myself that I ve forgiven that cousin of mine,but I don't think I have.but sharing dis in a sociAl network has kinda lifted a burden!this is a call to everyone who has been in situations lke mine or worse..share ur story,let's talk about it and think of solutions to child and adult female molestation...its happening everywere!!!I've heard scary stories,its even hapening to male children by their male uncles!!!..LETS TALK!!!luv u all loads!!

God bless you for sharing your story, sorry about what happened to you.. Yes, it's hard to forgive someone when nothing was ever done to right the wrong. The useless guy is probably feeling cool as someone's father and someone's husband today.

The truth is, there are sick pieces of sh*it every where in Nigeria, molesting their children, cousins, neighbours everyday, but people prefer to bury their head in the sand and pretend it's not happening. Even in some households, if such a thing is reported, they will either keep it hush hush or blame the girl for being the one to attract the man to her. How will people be encouraged to report?

People need to wake up and realize that these sickos are everywhere and take additional strong measures to make sure your child does not fall victim.
Re: I Was Once THIRTEEN by Nobody: 5:00pm On Aug 26, 2013
It hurts to know how much these kind of things go around. I'm lucky not to have experienced such but I know a lot of friends who have confided in me that they went through such and it has made me to realise that it's just too common in our society than we all imagine.

One thing i want you to know is that you're not the bad one, you're not the one at fault, those wicked people are the ones at fault, so, you don't have to keep blaming yourself. I believe you must be far away from such people now and you probably don't have contacts again, just try and forget that they ever existed in your life.

It could also help to tell your husband, sharing it with someone makes it a lil bit easier. But dt's if you think he'll understand.

Cheers!
Re: I Was Once THIRTEEN by ndidideby(f): 7:04am On Aug 28, 2013
I'm begining to tink dat deres no1 to trust,seems lyk everyone is a suspect!
Re: I Was Once THIRTEEN by Nobody: 7:14am On Aug 28, 2013
ndidideby: I'm begining to tink dat deres no1 to trust,seems lyk everyone is a suspect!

Everyone is a suspect. Protect your children,you owe them that much. So many sick ppl these days, not only in Nigeria. Check the friends they go out with, teach her basic se x education,check her school and her teachers, the ppl you leave them with. It's not easy but you owe it to them until they turn into an adult,

I used to consult in a very big firm that requires traveling a lot, when I started having kids, I limited my operation to my area so I will be there for my kids. The money is not so great as it used to be but thankfully I have enough, since I brought them to this world I will do my best to protect them. They learn from me and their father.

My dear, some story just make me sick, I wish you the best in this journey.

1 Like

Re: I Was Once THIRTEEN by mysticgal(f): 11:26am On Aug 28, 2013
parents should be open and make their kids trust them,because without trust the kids would be like what would mummy/daddy say,and please not everybody should stay in your house,,i have past experience,i think I've forgiven,am holding strong.cool
Re: I Was Once THIRTEEN by greatgod2012(f): 2:20pm On Aug 28, 2013
@op, sorry for what you went through, there are so many sick people living with us every now and then, may God continue to be with all of us.

It's the duty of the parents to make sure their kids have trust and confidence in them in such a way that they will find it easy, safe and comfortable reporting to them.

As a parent, the work that God committed into our hands is enoumous and all we need to ask Him is to give us the required wisdom and ability to do the parenting work as expected of us.
If you have a girl child, its an extra, i mean additional duty, you have to be there for all of them, but our female children require more time, attention and guidance from us.
Though, at tender age, some have opined that you dont tell them certain things so that you dont arouse their interest in unfolding that which you are talking about, like s*x, romancing, etc, but we can as well use some languages that will easily pass the message to them without arousing any mixed feelings.

For example, right from when my daughter is 2+ and can understand what is being told her, i have made her to understand that she is a girl and should not be touched or caress anyhow. For example:

1. As a girl, no one has right to ask you to let you see your pant.
2. As a girl, no one has right to touch your chest/breast.
3. As a girl, no one has right to touch your bombom(bottom).
4. As a girl, dont sit on anyone's lap except me and your dad.
5. As a girl, dont stay alone or follow anyone to a place alone.
5. As a girl, dont play with boys alone in a private or an undisclosed place or in a closed door.
6. Dont answer any adult man who address you as his wife, anyone that addresses you like that should be reported.

I thank God, she has been following all these to book.
But how can this be possible? It is by coming down to their level and making them your friends, that is when they can comfortably report any seemingly awkward things that may or wanted to happen to them.
Any parent that is a shouting or aggressive type is only scaring their children away and when they dont find you comfortable enough to relate with, they will fing solace somewhere else, who might likely mislead them, that is even if that someone else is not a pervert who will make absurd use of the opportunity they have on destroying the little ones lives.
May God help us all.

1 Like

Re: I Was Once THIRTEEN by biolabee(m): 6:12pm On Aug 28, 2013
This is tragic..

May you find restoration...

May God help our daughters and sisters......

1 Like

Re: I Was Once THIRTEEN by Gudintent: 9:47pm On Aug 28, 2013
When I saw the title of your post, I knew there was a story behind it ...

May God restore back to you all that has been stolen from you ... In Jesus Name Amen

Yours is truly a shocking story that is undoubtedly still happening all over the world.

Parents have a lot of responsibilities to keep their child safe from these child molesters, be it thru educating them and knowing who their with and where they are at all times.

There are wicked people in this world unfortunately they come in either sexes and don't have a sign on their head.

May God divert our steps from this kind of people Amen.

(1) (Reply)

Picture Of A Baby Being Given Marijuana / Relationhip And Single Mum / Bush Baby

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.