Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,447 members, 7,808,600 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:04 PM

Fayemi, Bamidele Supporters In Ekiti Clash Again - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayemi, Bamidele Supporters In Ekiti Clash Again (6650 Views)

Fayose Kneels Before Bamidele Olumilua, A Former Ondo State Governor (Photos) / Photos: Military prepared to take on massive aggressive APC supporters in Rivers / Buhari Supporters In London Campaign In The Streets With Their Brooms (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fayemi, Bamidele Supporters In Ekiti Clash Again by Maxymilliano(m): 9:13am On Aug 25, 2013
Supporters of EKiti State Governor, Dr. Kayode Fayemi and House of Representatives member, Opeyemi Bamidele, resumed hostilities at the weekend at Iyin-Ekiti, venue of a burial reception for Chief Mrs Felicia Akinwumi, the mother of a chieftain of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Mr. Dipo.

At the event held on Friday, tension had risen at the reception venue when a male singer sang praises of Fayemi for second term after another woman had dedicated similar song to Bamidele, who is also nursing governorship ambition in 2014.

Supporters of the two gladiators were at the event.

The guests had exhibited some level of maturity until a leader of Oodua People’s Congress(OPC) Niyi Adedipe rudely burst into the stage which caused pandemonium.

Stones and other missiles were thrown from different directions which made people sustain various degrees of injuries.

APC secretariat at Iyin as well as Bamidele’s campiagn office at Bado-Ekiti were torched. It was not clear whether the OPC leader was formally invited to the event.

When journalists visited the campaign office of Bamidele at Basiri area of Ado- Ekiti, broken bottles litered the area and the louvre blades of the windows were broken. Also, the Ekiti Bibire Coalition flags were pulled down ostensibly by the thugs.

Speaking with journalists, the Director General of Bamidele Campaign office, Mr. Ropo Ige, accused Adedipe and the Special Assistant to the governor on internal security, Deji Adesokan, popularly known as Jaruu, of leading thugs to the party to attack the federal lawmaker.

Ige, who conducted newsmen round the vandalised secretariat, also alleged that the thugs carted some of their flags.

He said: “They (the thugs) because Bamidele was around and their aim was to cause confusion in order to create the impression that we are trouble makers.

Somebody broke a bottle of beer and splashed the content on the people sitting close to him in order to provoke us, but he kept his calm.”

He expressed disappointment that supporters of the lawmaker were not being given the needed security adding that it was not a crime for the lawmaker to have indicated his interest in the governorship.

Ige, who said the issue had been reported to the police, pleaded with the security agents to investigate the fracas with a view to ascertaining those behind it.

He recalled that this was not the first time the lawmaker would be attacked since he indicated his interest in the governorship.

In their different reactions, however, both Adesokan and Awe denied being the brains behind the crisis but Awe said Adedipe was at the ceremony on his invitation but did not say why he invited him.

Awe, who also took newsmen to the Ward A secretariat of the party at Iyin-Ekiti, also alleged that the party’s flags were pulled by Bamidele’s supporters.

He also said one Ayodeji Olofin was matchetted on the head by the lawmaker’s supporters.

Awe added: “ Is this why we sent him (Bamidele) to the national assembly? We thought he had put this kind of a thing behind him when he congratulated our leaders for coming up with the APC. It is unfortunate that we have people like him in the national assembly.”

Awe, who called for thorough investigation by the police, alleged that Bamidele’s supporters invaded the area with dangerous weapons to attack those at the event.

http://www.dailyindependentnig.com/2013/08/fayemi-bamidele-supporters-in-ekiti-clash-again/
Re: Fayemi, Bamidele Supporters In Ekiti Clash Again by yamunla(m): 9:22am On Aug 25, 2013
Make una Kill unaself,Fayemi and Bamidele go still meet for the same Babalawo house later..FTC..Ope ni fun olorun Hubert Ogunde
Re: Fayemi, Bamidele Supporters In Ekiti Clash Again by frederal(m): 9:27am On Aug 25, 2013
So they couldn't capture what the OPC leader said actually that was rude? angry
Re: Fayemi, Bamidele Supporters In Ekiti Clash Again by Nobody: 9:41am On Aug 25, 2013
pathetic, in this day and age? Very shameful by the Apc in ekiti, very shameful.
Re: Fayemi, Bamidele Supporters In Ekiti Clash Again by Urine: 10:11am On Aug 25, 2013
Obiagelli: pathetic, in this day and age? Very shameful by the Apc in ekiti, very shameful.

On the contrary ma'am, this is how politics is played in Ekiti, same thing happens in PDP. It's an Ekiti State thing...people act on impulse.
Re: Fayemi, Bamidele Supporters In Ekiti Clash Again by Nobody: 10:15am On Aug 25, 2013
Urine:

On the contrary ma'am, this is how politics is played in Ekiti, same thing happens in PDP. It's an Ekiti State thing...people act on impulse.
wow that's even worse then, the elders of the state should curb this nonsense
Re: Fayemi, Bamidele Supporters In Ekiti Clash Again by librangyps(f): 10:16am On Aug 25, 2013
the trillions they will loot when elected is what makes politics in Nigeria a do or die affair. if politics is sacrificing yourself and time for the citizenry as it should be, then we wont have selfish thugs hustling to be elected.
Re: Fayemi, Bamidele Supporters In Ekiti Clash Again by Nobody: 10:18am On Aug 25, 2013
Hope no one died? It's all about politics anyway. Fighting won't solve anything. They should slug it out at the polls.
Re: Fayemi, Bamidele Supporters In Ekiti Clash Again by etochi11(m): 10:21am On Aug 25, 2013

1 Like

Re: Fayemi, Bamidele Supporters In Ekiti Clash Again by Maxymilliano(m): 10:24am On Aug 25, 2013
Renewed hostilities in a funeral reception ... What happen to respecting the dead

Progressives indeed grin grin grin
Re: Fayemi, Bamidele Supporters In Ekiti Clash Again by teeshawt(m): 10:26am On Aug 25, 2013
Obiagelli:
wow that's even worse then, the elders of the state should curb this nonsense

elders that are corrupt shud curb them,pls tell me who shud dey curb?
fayemi whoz awarding dem contract or bamidele whoz giving them money .......

all of em are goat in sheep clothing

1 Like

Re: Fayemi, Bamidele Supporters In Ekiti Clash Again by Nobody: 10:27am On Aug 25, 2013
wetin consign me sef?
Re: Fayemi, Bamidele Supporters In Ekiti Clash Again by tmtech: 10:27am On Aug 25, 2013
[color=#550000][/color] its very shameful...dey couldn't even respect the fact that a burial ceremony was going on....this is ekiti wia dey claim to be elites and sensible...I guess money makes pple foresake their genetic blueprint....loony
Re: Fayemi, Bamidele Supporters In Ekiti Clash Again by owolabifunke14(f): 10:29am On Aug 25, 2013
Clearing the way for labour party to take over ekiti.

2 Likes

Re: Fayemi, Bamidele Supporters In Ekiti Clash Again by Pretyangel25(f): 10:31am On Aug 25, 2013
Ok na
Re: Fayemi, Bamidele Supporters In Ekiti Clash Again by dareyking(m): 10:41am On Aug 25, 2013
Darelee on Nairalee...jst a V.I.P spectactor...Shikena...#Lobatan.
Re: Fayemi, Bamidele Supporters In Ekiti Clash Again by texaco1: 10:48am On Aug 25, 2013
apc will surely lose ekiti , i have said it one or two states from the south west will drop from apc or acn grips

1 Like

Re: Fayemi, Bamidele Supporters In Ekiti Clash Again by awodman: 10:53am On Aug 25, 2013
Now that was some PRO-AGGRESSIVE stone throwed cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Fayemi, Bamidele Supporters In Ekiti Clash Again by anonimi: 10:56am On Aug 25, 2013
They were infiltrated by PDP thugs posing as APC people.
APC has no thugs.
Area boys sef dem nor get.
So dem nor dey fight.

End of discussion!
Lobatan!!!

sarcastic mode.
Re: Fayemi, Bamidele Supporters In Ekiti Clash Again by bhidex007: 11:15am On Aug 25, 2013
Why is Fayemi too hostile to oppositions. This same Jaruu and his boys almost lynched I and my friends jst becos we were pasting Accord's Party posters at G.R.A,our car was damaged,my friend laptop carted away..inshort I ran lyk an antelope that day,i neva wan die,.infact slippers is still at the spot
Re: Fayemi, Bamidele Supporters In Ekiti Clash Again by passionate88: 11:18am On Aug 25, 2013
Another Party of Criminals (A.P.C)

1 Like

Re: Fayemi, Bamidele Supporters In Ekiti Clash Again by ik4life: 11:24am On Aug 25, 2013
Children of the poor killing themselves while their children are in abroad schooling and working I hope the youths will learn their lessons and desist from this people
Re: Fayemi, Bamidele Supporters In Ekiti Clash Again by danny301: 11:34am On Aug 25, 2013
That Fayemi of a man looks like the least performing gov in APC and in the whole of S/W..... Who are the jobless supporters that clashing and because of greedy politicians and eulogizing them when their children are studying abroad and their wives shopping in London and Dubai? Can some Nigerians think at all?

2 Likes

Re: Fayemi, Bamidele Supporters In Ekiti Clash Again by eldoradoxx: 11:59am On Aug 25, 2013
I have come to the conclusion that no party is and never shall there be any party as great as our great party PDP. Just look at the opposition and all you see is sad commentary of democracy and clear mockery of party politics. After Tinubu warned Bamidele not to dare purchase the party ticket in Ekiti state, it has been one bloody attacks or the other on the person of Bamidele and his supporters. As usual, opposition bought over media would never report that. They re only interested in telling the world what El rufai said about GEJ, what Akande said to GEJ, what Tinubu, Buhari and Lai Mohammed said about PDP. Unless APC rigs in Ekiti, Oyo and Ogun, they will loose blind. The biggest problem with APC is their sanctimonious stance on every issue. It is only APC Governors that are working, nothing is happening in PDP states, yet Akwa Ibom is a wonder to behold, Rivers has done well, Enugu has done very well, Bayelsa is doing very fine, Kano is doing great just as Jigawa, Gombe without much media attention. Only PDP Governors and government officials are corrupt, that is APC's lie. Lai Mohammed has not responded to the fraud allegation agains Lagos speaker. Or is he not APC too? Are the two boko haram states of Borno and Yobe not among the progressives too ? Nobody hears that. PDP never denies that it has challenges both as a party and its personnel in government, but it always expresses optimism in surmounting them unlike Apc that claims it is all well with itself.

10 Likes

Re: Fayemi, Bamidele Supporters In Ekiti Clash Again by Reyspin(m): 12:04pm On Aug 25, 2013
I thought they say Ekiti State has d most Educated people... Why are they allowing dis greedy peepz have their way As for Bamidele u wanna go against Jagaban abi We shall see... Fayemi will b formin grammarian buh we know all hin Thuglife...
Re: Fayemi, Bamidele Supporters In Ekiti Clash Again by Nobody: 12:05pm On Aug 25, 2013
Mofos, APC and PDP, I see no difference.
Re: Fayemi, Bamidele Supporters In Ekiti Clash Again by Nobody: 12:07pm On Aug 25, 2013
bhidex007: Why is Fayemi too hostile to oppositions. This same Jaruu and his boys almost lynched I and my friends jst becos we were pasting Accord's Party posters at G.R.A,our car was damaged,my friend laptop carted away..inshort I ran lyk an antelope that day,i neva wan die,.infact slippers is still at the spot
I thought they were progressives.... grin
you for wait na, they just wanted to say hello.... grin
Re: Fayemi, Bamidele Supporters In Ekiti Clash Again by harmless011: 12:15pm On Aug 25, 2013
Guy ur funny walahi
bhidex007: Why is Fayemi too hostile to oppositions. This same Jaruu and his boys almost lynched I and my friends jst becos we were pasting Accord's Party posters at G.R.A,our car was damaged,my friend laptop carted away..inshort I ran lyk an antelope that day,i neva wan die,.infact slippers is still at the spot
Re: Fayemi, Bamidele Supporters In Ekiti Clash Again by Nobody: 12:26pm On Aug 25, 2013
can't stop laughing...but why accord of all parties?

Re: Fayemi, Bamidele Supporters In Ekiti Clash Again by ravensckar(m): 12:48pm On Aug 25, 2013
History neva repeats itself only pple do. At tyms it belies gud reasonin why d so-called PROGRESSIVES cnt distinguish demselv 4rm d corruption personified PDP? Must u pple alwz impose candidates? Ds guy wants 2contest, Fyn, let thr be a primary electn. Infact,am beginin 2bliv dt thr isnt any diffrnce btw all ds politicians self.
Re: Fayemi, Bamidele Supporters In Ekiti Clash Again by texaco1: 12:53pm On Aug 25, 2013
ravensckar: History neva repeats itself only pple do. At tyms it belies gud reasonin why d so-called PROGRESSIVES cnt distinguish demselv 4rm d corruption personified PDP? Must u pple alwz impose candidates? Ds guy wants 2contest, Fyn, let thr be a primary electn. Infact,am beginin 2bliv dt thr isnt any diffrnce btw all ds politicians self.
When we tell people that PDP is the most democratic party in nigeria they won't believe ,in PDP even if someone is anointed. He or whe will at least go for the party primaries

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Karma Beckons!APC to give Amaechi the Same Treatment He Gave His Campaign DG / Breaking News - Gov Seriaki Dickson Wife Is Dead ( Pic ) / Buhari Orders EFCC To Probe Aisha Buhari And Her Family! First Lady Seeks Asylum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.