Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,017 members, 7,806,972 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:04 AM

The myth behind a rich and a poor man - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The myth behind a rich and a poor man (3457 Views)

16 Places To Meet A Poor Husband In Lagos / Why A Rich Guy Can Not Find True Love.. / Would You Marry An Ugly Rich Man or A Handsome Poor Man? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The myth behind a rich and a poor man by Nobody: 9:16am On Aug 25, 2013
Ok lemme start this way:
Most times when I read people`s comments on choosing between aa rich guy or a poor guy for marriage,bout 90% advise the babe to go for a poor guy claiming that 1. He will get rich someday
2. he will love her sincerely
3. she would be able to have a say in his life later when he becomes rich
4. He will always appreciate her for standing by him.
Most times the rich dude is always condemned
1. He will never appreciate the babe cos she dint suffer with him
2. She's only a gold digger and does not love the rich guy for love but for money
3. How did he come bout his riches,he will surely use her to make money later
4. He will treat her as if she's a slave.
The list is endless.
My question is,what makes us think a rich guy will never love a babe sincerely or vice versa,does it mean that the poor guy will never disappoint the babe in future after suffering with him. What is good for a goose is good for the gander,wealth doesn't define personality..as a matter of fact it is always good to go for the rich guy who has shown genuine interest in you rather than a poor dude who would expect you to fall for him out of pity due to his condition.
Re: The myth behind a rich and a poor man by Dygeasy(m): 9:28am On Aug 25, 2013
You Don't Need Anybody's Opinion Anymore Because You've Made Your Decision And Answered Your Question Yourself. The Rich Guy Is Yes For You! I Say No More.grin

1 Like

Re: The myth behind a rich and a poor man by lertee(f): 9:40am On Aug 25, 2013
Dygeasy: You Don't Need Anybody's Opinion Anymore Because You've Made Your Decision And Answered Your Question Yourself. The Rich Guy Is Yes For You! I Say No More.grin
Lol
Re: The myth behind a rich and a poor man by flolancracker: 10:14am On Aug 25, 2013
Dygeasy: You Don't Need Anybody's Opinion Anymore Because You've Made Your Decision And Answered Your Question Yourself. The Rich Guy Is Yes For You! I Say No More.grin
grin true.
Re: The myth behind a rich and a poor man by Nobody: 10:35am On Aug 25, 2013
^^^
Just citing different reasons for give advices when it comes to choosing between a rich and a poor dude
Re: The myth behind a rich and a poor man by Sanandreas10(m): 10:38am On Aug 25, 2013
grin
cheesy
cheesy
cheesy
cheesy

Marrying a poor Dude is Like eating Bread without Butter.....?
wink
.....!
And Also, If You marry a Rich dude...., It is Like eating Bread with eggs, butter, kokoro...cheesysmiley
cheesy

and among others,,,,,
So,what i what u to deduced from this analyse now is that....choose between the two.....?...?
Do U prefer eating bread without butter...,
think lucidly,, Life is too short to waits for someone...?
cheesy
cheesy
Re: The myth behind a rich and a poor man by Dygeasy(m): 10:45am On Aug 25, 2013
sexytabhi: ^^^
Just citing different reasons for give advices when it comes to choosing between a rich and a poor dude
Your Reasons Are Still Rich Guys-Inclined Nonetheless. cheesy
Re: The myth behind a rich and a poor man by lamie505(m): 10:46am On Aug 25, 2013
I don't blame girls going for rich guys no one should suffer.. I am a guy I can't date a poor girl not to talk of marrying her.. We most be average or rich.. A rich man among 10 poor pple is a poor man oo.. grin wink
Re: The myth behind a rich and a poor man by Enegod(m): 10:47am On Aug 25, 2013
is your fvcking choice.. nobody is gona choose for you..choose what you think is best for you
Re: The myth behind a rich and a poor man by flolancracker: 11:31am On Aug 25, 2013
lamie505: I don't blame girls going for rich guys no one should suffer.. I am a guy I can't date a poor girl not to talk of marrying her.. We most be average or rich.. A rich man among 10 poor pple is a poor man oo.. grin wink
I tell ya.
@sexytahbi grin we can't choose for you. It depends on where your heart lies. There are bad poor guys and there are also good rich guys. So †he monetary aspect doesn't matter......except wink you wanna go for †he rich guy cossa his money.
Re: The myth behind a rich and a poor man by numericalguy(m): 11:33am On Aug 25, 2013
sexytabhi: Ok lemme start this way:
Most times when I read people`s comments on choosing between aa rich guy or a poor guy for marriage,bout 90% advise the babe to go for a poor guy claiming that 1. He will get rich someday
2. She's only a gold digger and does not love the rich guy for love but for money
The list is endless.
My question is,what makes us think a rich guy will never love a babe sincerely or vice versa,does it mean that the poor guy will never disappoint the babe in future after suffering with him. What is good for a goose is good for the gander,wealth doesn't define personality..as a matter of fact it is always good to go for the rich guy who has shown genuine interest in you rather than a poor dude who would expect you to fall for him out of pity due to his condition.

I wonder how OP came about this her so called fact.
OP sounds to me like a gold digger seeking for reasons to justify why she jilted her poor boyfriend and went for a rich guy smiley

1 Like

Re: The myth behind a rich and a poor man by webcam(m): 11:43am On Aug 25, 2013
@poster you are just a time waster.......
Re: The myth behind a rich and a poor man by Tobetoe(m): 12:18pm On Aug 25, 2013
sexytabhi: Ok lemme start this way:
The list is endless.
oh baby, don't worry at all, just marry me, i will love u, care for u,be dia for u, fight u or fight for u, i will protect u,. i mean i will be ur wizard and u will be ma witch, cos u are d bitter leave in ma soup, and d malaria in ma blood, .just be mine,i promise to be dia for u and never to hurt ur bank account,.pls ma baby GAL ,say ,WE DO!!!. . I will lofe u at no cost., and then u will eat ma lofe
Re: The myth behind a rich and a poor man by flolancracker: 12:28pm On Aug 25, 2013
Tobetoe: oh baby, don't worry at all, just marry me, i will love u, care for u,be dia for u, fight u or fight for u, i will protect u,. i mean i will be ur wizard and u will be ma witch, cos u are d bitter leave in ma soup, and d malaria in ma blood, .just be mine,i promise to be dia for u and never to hurt ur bank account,.pls ma baby GAL ,say ,WE DO!!!. . I will lofe u at no cost., and then u will eat ma lofe
^^^ by their posts, ye shalt know them• He's a church-rat.
Re: The myth behind a rich and a poor man by drnoel: 1:06pm On Aug 25, 2013
i wonder who she thinks she is coming here to deceive
Re: The myth behind a rich and a poor man by Nobody: 1:07pm On Aug 25, 2013
sexytabhi: ^^^
Riches aside, which of them treats you the way you deserve to be treated? Which of them makes you a better person? Which of them endears you with his personality?

Marriage is more than who is richer. Rich or average, a jerk is a jerk.

It's all about you.

1 Like

Re: The myth behind a rich and a poor man by Nobody: 1:37pm On Aug 25, 2013
sexkillz: Riches aside, which of them treats you the way you deserve to be treated? Which of them makes you a better person? Which of them endears you with his personality?

Marriage is more than who is richer. Rich or average, a jerk is a jerk.

It's all about you.

You actually understand where am coming from,it isn't about who has more money it is bout who the heart goes for but naturally out of pity,people tend to advise tht one should go for a poor guy and that doesn't justify that the guy will be good.
Re: The myth behind a rich and a poor man by Emmy9ite(m): 1:40pm On Aug 25, 2013
I agree with OP, money will only make you more of who you already are in heart. if you are a jerk, money will make u more jerkier, lol.
In other news, Op, you cannot be in a dilemma with what you wrote up there. Your topic should have been "The myth behind rich guys"
Re: The myth behind a rich and a poor man by Nobody: 1:43pm On Aug 25, 2013
numerical_guy:

I wonder how OP came about this her so called fact.
OP sounds to me like a gold digger seeking for reasons to justify why she jilted her poor boyfriend and went for a rich guy smiley
You see,u can only read but the understanding is not there..this is only an analysis on how people advise aa lady to pick a rich man over a poor one with the above reasons. You are a clear eveidence of those that believe every poor guy means well for the babe,that every rich dude doesn't love the babe as well as an evidence that every babe that goes for a rich dude is a gold digger..change your mentality
Re: The myth behind a rich and a poor man by lolaluv1(f): 1:44pm On Aug 25, 2013
Go for the one who loves you and treats you right. Don't let anyone browbeat you into making the wrong choice. It's your life. You'll live it....
Re: The myth behind a rich and a poor man by Nobody: 1:47pm On Aug 25, 2013
Emmy9ite: I agree with OP, money will only make you more of who you already are in heart. if you are a jerk, money will make u more jerkier, lol.
In other news, Op, you cannot be in a dilemma with what you wrote up there. Your topic should have been "The myth behind rich guys"
Thank you very much with this topic,I actually thought of an eye-catching topic but couldn't think of one and that was why I put that "in a dilemma". ThankGod you understood my write up.
Re: The myth behind a rich and a poor man by 190theclown: 1:49pm On Aug 25, 2013
undecided undecided undecided
Re: The myth behind a rich and a poor man by Ab025(m): 1:54pm On Aug 25, 2013
If u like, follow a rich guy and if u like, follow d poor guy

But have u ever askd ursef that what do u really think u hav to offer dis rich guy. As a rich guy, if I am goin to date u, I will just date u for only one reason, which is sex. I don't think u will hav any other thing to offer to me except sex due to the way u reason. And wat do u tink I will need u for after sex? Nothing, except to drop u....

I hav neva seen a man that takes a lady serious knowin fully well that all he wants from her is sex.

And if u re wonderin why am sayin all this, it is becos I discovered that for ladies like u, after marriage, if I should come across dificulties in my life and loose most of my wealth, u will leave me without even thinkin 2wice, am sure u may even move in wit my next-door rich neighbour.

Am sorry dear, but if I am rich and offering u a comfortable r/ship wit romance, care, love, money, sex, etc. What will u offer me on ur own part apart frm sex?

Don't u think I can always get that anywhere with my money and frm better and more beautiful ladies than ursef..?

U can date rich guys o, bt after they re tired of u and ur sex, expect them to drop u, cos that is all u could offer them!!!!

Just my opinoin, no hating pls...

1 Like

Re: The myth behind a rich and a poor man by Nobody: 2:04pm On Aug 25, 2013
Ab025: If u like, follow a rich guy and if u like, follow d poor guy

But have u ever askd ursef that what do u really think u hav to offer dis rich guy. As a rich guy, if I am goin to date u, I will just date u for only one reason, which is sex. I don't think u will hav any other thing to offer to me except sex due to the way u reason. And wat do u tink I will need u for after sex? Nothing, except to drop u....

I hav neva seen a man that takes a lady serious knowin fully well that all he wants from her is sex.

And if u re wonderin why am sayin all this, it is becos I discovered that for ladies like u, after marriage, if I should come across dificulties in my life and loose most of my wealth, u will leave me without even thinkin 2wice, am sure u may even move in wit my next-door rich neighbour.

Am sorry dear, but if I am rich and offering u a comfortable r/ship wit romance, care, love, money, sex, etc. What will u offer me on ur own part apart frm sex?

Don't u think I can always get that anywhere with my money and frm better and more beautiful ladies than ursef..?

U can date rich guys o, bt after they re tired of u and ur sex, expect them to drop u, cos that is all u could offer them!!!!

this one don match P oooooooo.."A girl like me" a pity the girl that will marry a guy like you,she will only be your intimacy gadget and after that you will dump her for the next kitten all cos u are rich. Wrong mentality[/color]
Re: The myth behind a rich and a poor man by Nobody: 2:13pm On Aug 25, 2013
Ab025: If u like, follow a rich guy and if u like, follow d poor guy

God bless you. Sexkillz gave u a good and concise advice- follow the one that treats u right with respect, but then, bear this very post I quoted in your innermost mind.

The guy I just quoted told u the major reason most rich guys discard some of their wives. Former French President Sarkozy did it to his wife; he went for a younger, sexier model since the only thing his former wife could offer him is sex. Russian President, Vladmir Putin did same. So before u start dreaming of marrying a rich guy u knew nothing and contributed nothing to his success, ask yourself: what other value am I going to offer to him if he marries me aside sex? If sex is all u have to offer to him, then sorry is ur name cos every rich guy or man has more than a million elegant, beautiful young ladies ready and willing to offer him amazing sex for free. So if all u have to offer to a rich guy that u are dating or about to marry is sex, u will surely be replaced once he gets enough of it and definitely he will cos men get bored of having sex with a woman over time...that's y the best way to sustain your marriage n relationship for long is to offer the man other valuable things like: good/unique character, wonderful meals, amazing friendship/companionship, etc.

In summary, if u want to marry and remain in a loving relationship/marriage with a rich guy, then start now to build or develop something unique and valuable that u can offer to him which he may or will never find in another woman cos so many women, in fact, all women want him (rich guy).

Goodluck dear...it is good to dream big, but I never dreamed to be successful, I never dreamed to be rich, I never dreamed to become famous, I WORKED FOR IT , according to one popular person. So work for your success and quit dreaming!!!

Remember that: beauty and sex are not enough qualities to win u the heart of a rich guy for long...there are million other prettier, sexier, classier ladies than u bidding for that rich guy's heart.
Re: The myth behind a rich and a poor man by Nobody: 2:23pm On Aug 25, 2013
DailyNews: God bless you. Sexkillz gave u a good and concise advice- follow the one that treats u right with respect, but then, bear this very post I quoted in your innermost mind.

This guy just told u the major reason most rich guys discard some of their wives. Former French President Sarkozy did it to his wife; he went for a younger, sexier model since the only thing his former wife could offer him is sex. Russian President, Vladmir Putin did same. So before u start dreaming of marrying a rich guy u knew nothing and contributed nothing to his success, ask yourself: what other value am I going to offer to him if he marries me aside sex? If sex is all u have to offer to him, then sorry is ur name cos every rich guy or man has more than a million elegant, beautiful young ladies ready and willing to offer him amazing sex for free. So if all u have to offer to a rich guy that u are dating or about to marry is sex, u will surely be replaced once he gets enough of it and definitely he will cos men get bored of having sex with a woman over time...that's y the best way to sustain your marriage n relationship for long is to offer the man other valuable things like: good/unique character, wonderful meals, amazing friendship/companionship.

In summary, if u want to marry and remain in a loving relationship/marriage with a rich guy, then start now to build or develop something unique and value that u can offer to him which he may or will never find in another woman cos so many women, in fact, all women want him (rich guy).

Goodluck dear...it is good to dream big, but I never dreamed to be successful, I never dreamed to be rich, I never dreamed to become famous, I WORKED FOR IT, according to one popular person. So work for your success and quit dreaming!!!
Good contribution,in summary: a lady who wnts to settledown with any man needs to work hard as well and make something for herself.
Dumping a woman after sex is not attributed to a rich man alone it is the charcteristics of most men irrespective of their wealth or status..my own opinion
Re: The myth behind a rich and a poor man by lamie505(m): 2:26pm On Aug 25, 2013
DailyNews: God bless you. Sexkillz gave u a good and concise advice- follow the one that treats u right with respect, but then, bear this very post I quoted in your innermost mind.

The guy I just quoted told u the major reason most rich guys discard some of their wives. Former French President Sarkozy did it to his wife; he went for a younger, sexier model since the only thing his former wife could offer him is sex. Russian President, Vladmir Putin did same. So before u start dreaming of marrying a rich guy u knew nothing and contributed nothing to his success, ask yourself: what other value am I going to offer to him if he marries me aside sex? If sex is all u have to offer to him, then sorry is ur name cos every rich guy or man has more than a million elegant, beautiful young ladies ready and willing to offer him amazing sex for free. So if all u have to offer to a rich guy that u are dating or about to marry is sex, u will surely be replaced once he gets enough of it and definitely he will cos men get bored of having sex with a woman over time...that's y the best way to sustain your marriage n relationship for long is to offer the man other valuable things like: good/unique character, wonderful meals, amazing friendship/companionship, etc.

In summary, if u want to marry and remain in a loving relationship/marriage with a rich guy, then start now to build or develop something unique and valuable that u can offer to him which he may or will never find in another woman cos so many women, in fact, all women want him (rich guy).

Goodluck dear...it is good to dream big, but I never dreamed to be successful, I never dreamed to be rich, I never dreamed to become famous, I WORKED FOR IT , according to one popular person. So work for your success and quit dreaming!!!

Remember that: beauty and sex are not enough qualities to win u the heart of a rich guy for long...there are million other prettier, sexier, classier ladies than u bidding for that rich guy's heart.

What will now happen to poor guys since girls don't wanna suffer...
Re: The myth behind a rich and a poor man by dBard: 2:27pm On Aug 25, 2013
Didnt want t comment but anyway..
How people perceive riches detrmines t an extent how it'll affect or change them.
A rich guy that sees his wealth as a tool of oppression will only treat u as a jerk, besides, a lotta rich young Naija guys ve dis belief 'money can get them anything'. on d plus side tho, d ones tgat truly r humble and respect u , can make ur life a dream..
Poor guys on d oda hand can b whiny,over dependent n complexed.if he's a jerk wen poor, he'll b a jerk or worse wit money.
Besides, staying wit him doesnt necessarily mean wen he gets d money/arrives, as dey say, he wnt dump u f a more 'befitting' person.
Its all abt Character..
Tho, a guy that is still broke at a certain age is an indication of d kind of person he is..those I will, if a girl, give a wide berth..
Re: The myth behind a rich and a poor man by Nobody: 2:34pm On Aug 25, 2013
sexytabhi:
Good contribution,in summary: a lady who wnts to settledown with any man needs to work hard as well and make something for herself.

Dumping a woman after sex is not attributed to a rich man alone it is the charcteristics of most men irrespective of their wealth or status..my own opinion
You're talking about young boys- who sleep with girls and run away! Most poor guys sex and run cos of fear of responsibility due to lack of money. Hardly do u see poor men abandoning their wives for a prettier/younger girl, very rare, but rich men abandon their wives so often cos most times, all their wives could offer them is sex and nothing else, and when they (rich men) get bored or used/tired of their wives' sex offer, they jet off to get a younger, sexier lady, which was what gave birth to increased rate of SugarDaddyism, lol, in which most married rich men in Nigeria became sugar daddies keeping numerous concubines (campus girls) in virtually all the nigerian university campuses.

Becos most of them married women who were only interested in their money/wealth/fame and were only able to offer sex to their rich husbands, and when their rich husbands got tired and bored of their sex (due to old age, biological changes in their bodies) they started chasing younger girls.

Any woman that wants her marriage to last and remain faithful should make sure she has other valuable things to offer to her husband aside sex cos men get bored of having sex with a particular woman with time, it is friendship, companionship and other positive values that u are adding to the man's life that will keep him faithful and committed to u, else...hmmmm.

Goodluck still in your search for happiness.
Re: The myth behind a rich and a poor man by Nobody: 2:41pm On Aug 25, 2013
lamie505:

What will now happen to poor guys since girls don't wanna suffer...
That's y as a guy, u need to work hard and smart, pray, pray, make the right friends, and pray to God to at least make u financially comfortable else, it maybe impossible for u to find ur dream woman in present-day Nigeria.

And mind u, I have never been a fan or supporter of guys planning to get married without at least being financially stable to take good care of the unborn kids to come. It is necessary u attain a comfortable state b4 going into marriage.

God will help the guys, keep praying with faith and work towards ur dreams, it will surely come to reality cos riches is available to all that reaches for it with hardwork, patience, consistency, prayer, faith n passion. Anyone can be rich.
Re: The myth behind a rich and a poor man by Nobody: 2:49pm On Aug 25, 2013
DailyNews: You're talking about young boys- who sleep with girls and run away! Most poor guys sex and run cos of fear of responsibility due to lack of money. Hardly do u see poor men abandoning their wives for a prettier/younger girl, very rare, but rich men abandon their wives so often cos most times, all their wives could offer them are sex and nothing else, and when they (rich men) get bored or used/tired of their wives' sex offer, they jet off to get a younger, sexier lady, which was what gave birth to increased rate of most married rich men in Nigeria to become sugar daddies keeping numerous concubine in virtually all the nigerian university campuses.

Becos most of them married women who were only interested in their money/wealth/fame and were only able to offer sex to their rich husbands, and when their rich husbands got tired and bored of their sex (due to old age, biological changes in their bodies) they started chasing younger girls.

Any woman that wants her marriage to last and remain faithful should make sure she has other valuable things to offer to her husband aside sex cos men get bored of having sex with a particular woman with time, it is friendship, companionship and other positive values that u are adding to the man's life that will keep him faithful and committed to u, else...hmmmm.

Goodluck still in your search for happiness.
Now you have talked generally bout women and all you are trying to saay is that women can only offer sex,reason is this a woman wears off as she gets old and that prticular time,it takes the love the man had for her at the early stage for him not to change towards her. I still insist tht this not only attributed to a rich man alone. It is attributed to all men..haven't you heard of okada or cab boys even conductors who cheat on their wives.
This is a different story entirely sha.
Re: The myth behind a rich and a poor man by lamie505(m): 2:53pm On Aug 25, 2013
DailyNews: That's y as a guy, u need to work hard and smart, pray, pray, make the right friends, and pray to God to at least make u financially comfortable else, it maybe impossible for u to find ur dream woman in present-day Nigeria.

And mind u, I have never been a fan or supporter of guys planning to get married without at least being financially stable to take good care of the unborn kids to come. It is necessary u attain a comfortable state b4 going into marriage.

God will help the guys, keep praying with faith and work towards ur dreams, it will surely come to reality cos riches is available to all that reaches for it with hardwork, patience, consistency, prayer, faith n passion. Anyone can be rich.

Me just dey reason am noni.. As for working hard you don't need to be told unless you wan breed poverty... Me I be smiling hustler oo

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pls Help!! I Am Being Used By My Girlfriend / . / He Wont Leave Me Alone Even Though I Am Married

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.