Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,474 members, 7,770,163 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 06:22 AM

How I Get A UBA Visa Prepaid Card (africard) Easily In Ghana - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How I Get A UBA Visa Prepaid Card (africard) Easily In Ghana (6366 Views)

My Uba Africard Is Not Working Online / Paypal And UBA Africard (prepaid Visa Debit Card) / Gtb Naira Mastercard Vs Uba Africard -- Which One Works For Google Ad Words (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Get A UBA Visa Prepaid Card (africard) Easily In Ghana by alhaji000(m): 2:25pm On Aug 25, 2013
The United Bank for Africa (UBA) Ghana launched UBA Africard, a visa-enabled re-loadable card in Ghana 3months ago.

The card, according to the Managing Director of the bank, Mr Oliver Alawuba, during the launch says it is a better alternative to a bank account as it is not tied to any bank account but can be used on over 1.9 million ATMs and at 30 million Point of Sales (POS) terminals in over 179 countries across the world.

At the launch in Accra, he said Africard was in furtherance of their commitment to bring world-class, customer-driven banking services to the doorsteps of as many Ghanaians as possible.

In this article post i wil be sharing with you, how i got my own UBA Visa Prepaid Card at the Dzorwulu branch of UBA Ghana. After getting this Card i also used it to purchase a webhosting account worth of $60 at Arvixe.com and presently am using this same card to advertise on facebook.

Lets Get Started

First, you need to know that am a Nigerian and before i can do anything here in Ghana legitimately i need to present my International Passport with Valid Resident Permit.

So, How Did I Get One for myself?

I walked in to the Dzorwulu branch of UBA Ghana, straight to the customer service desk and told her i need a UBA Visa prepaid card. Below are what she requested for:

=>A Passport Photograph
=>International Passport with Valid Resident Permit as a Foreigner. If you are a Ghanaian, you have other options available for you which are Drivers License or National ID.
=>Ghc27(Twenty Seven Ghana Cedis) to get the Card

I presented everything to her and she gave me a form to fill. I filled in all necessary details and gave it back to her for verification with extra 200Ghc (Two Hundred Ghana Cedis) to be loaded on the card, making it a total of 227Ghc (Two Hundred and Twenty Seven Ghana Cedis) .

The form was passed on for processing and after finished processing, my UBA (AfriCard) was issued to me with ease.

What i Did After Receiving the Card

I was told to wait for 24hours before changing the pin or used for any transaction.I waited till the second day then proceed to an ATM Machine at Lapaz Branch of UBA Ghana;

=> I did a PIN Change
=> Withdraw Gh10 (Ten Ghana Cedis) out of Ghc200 (Two Hundred Ghana Cedis)

When i Reach House

=> I Used the card to purchase a new hosting account worth of $60 at arvixe.com and it was process successfully.
=> Presently using it for facebook Ad and my Ad is already approved & live.

Conclusion & Summary

Getting UBA Africard in Ghana is real and easy. All you need is an Identity Card, One Passport and Ghc27

At this Junction (J) Time (T), i will rest my fingers here.

Hope this article help

Do you already have the UBA Africard either in Ghana or Nigeria, Do you need one or wish to share your experiencing using the UBA Africard. Lets Hear from you.

SOURCE: http://ictcatalogue.com/how-i-get-a-uba-visa-prepaid-card-africard-easily-in-ghana/
Re: How I Get A UBA Visa Prepaid Card (africard) Easily In Ghana by Nobody: 5:27am On Jan 14, 2015
I got mine at takoradi branch. My international passport, light bills 30cedis dats aLl gbam. Zenith was asking for my RP I rushed out lmao. Up UBA
Re: How I Get A UBA Visa Prepaid Card (africard) Easily In Ghana by doyinisaac(m): 4:41am On Feb 07, 2016
smarty20:
I got mine at takoradi branch. My international passport, light bills 30cedis dats aLl gbam. Zenith was asking for my RP I rushed out lmao. Up UBA
nice....how did you get the light bills??it means you live in Ghana if I am right...
Re: How I Get A UBA Visa Prepaid Card (africard) Easily In Ghana by yomalex(m): 6:18am On Feb 07, 2016
Users of AfriCard are now required to have a UBA account in Nigeria due to Forex restrictions and KYC.

(1) (Reply)

Of What Use Is A Website To A Hair Dresser / How Can I Increase My Adsense Earning / World Wide Web Marks 28 Years Anniversary Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.