Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,965 members, 7,806,792 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:30 AM

. - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / . (19018 Views)

Average Cost Of Chemicals For Paint Production / Small Scale Paint Production / To Set Up A Paint Production Plant. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by 400billionman: 7:01pm On May 31, 2015
gbadexy:

Its actually roasted sir.

Sorry, that's what I actually meant..
Re: . by gbadexy(m): 7:14pm On May 31, 2015
Juliana7:
@gbadexy, i ve sent u a sms sir. Thanks
i wasnt sure of the email so i replied your sms. hope u got it.
you can ask further questions here to save time.
i may not reply on time though due to schedule and maximizing battery. you know the electricity and petrol is terrible now,
regards.
Re: . by Juliana7: 9:31pm On May 31, 2015
@gbadexy, i ve not seen ur sms, d email i gave is correct. What i asked initially was how do we get other colours when making emulsion paint is it by... Eg add blue colour and u get blue emulsion paint or what? And i asked if u ve ebook on paint production? Thanks
Re: . by Menace2Society(m): 10:13pm On May 31, 2015
one9jeria:
people can be clever, you got the info freely from this link http://freecashmanuals..com/2013/08/a-course-in-paint-production.html and you want to make money out of it by organising seminar. NAWOOO YOU.
undecided
Re: . by Juliana7: 10:15pm On May 31, 2015
@gbadexy, thankls i ve seen ur sms. Thanks
Re: . by gbadexy(m): 2:10am On Jun 01, 2015
Juliana7:
@gbadexy, i ve not seen ur sms, d email i gave is correct. What i asked initially was how do we get other colours when making emulsion paint is it by... Eg add blue colour and u get blue emulsion paint or what? And i asked if u ve ebook on paint production? Thanks
I dont have ebook on paint production.
Yes, you add coloured pigments or pastes to the emulsion paint to get different colors.
much more like mixing water color or poster colors.
Re: . by Juliana7: 6:25pm On Jun 01, 2015
@Gbadexy, thanks, very grateful for ur prompt response. Thanks
Re: . by 400billionman: 3:17pm On Jun 04, 2015
gbadexy:

I dont have ebook on paint production.
Yes, you add coloured pigments or pastes to the emulsion paint to get different colors.
much more like mixing water color or poster colors.

Oga, how much does it cost to source a mixer ?

Do you mix manually ?
Re: . by gbadexy(m): 3:29pm On Jun 04, 2015
400billionman:

Oga, how much does it cost to source a mixer ?

Do you mix manually ?
manually kwa.
i use big mixer.
depends. you can get a handheld mixer or a fixed mechanized mixer.
you could get from N6000 to N300,000
as a starter, you can get a fairly used 1200watt mixer that can mix 10 drums or 200 litres of paint for N14,000
Re: . by 400billionman: 3:58pm On Jun 04, 2015
gbadexy:

manually kwa.
i use big mixer.
depends. you can get a handheld mixer or a fixed mechanized mixer.
you could get from N6000 to N300,000
as a starter, you can get a fairly used 1200watt mixer that can mix 10 drums or 200 litres of paint for N14,000

Where can I source the 1,200watt mixer ?
Re: . by gbadexy(m): 4:43pm On Jun 04, 2015
400billionman:

Where can I source the 1,200watt mixer ?
i only know of aluminium village at dopemu in lagos
Re: . by 400billionman: 6:17pm On Jun 04, 2015
gbadexy:

i only know of aluminium village at dopemu in lagos

I don't stay in Lagos.

How best do I do this ?
Re: . by shema101(f): 8:28pm On Jun 04, 2015
Thanks for this thread bros.... plz, kindly help me out on other types of paints production. I produce texcoat and emulsion. I'm a painter and I learnt dat from my Oga. Tnx bro
domshema@gmail.com
Re: . by gbadexy(m): 9:32pm On Jun 04, 2015
400billionman:

I don't stay in Lagos.
How best do I do this ?
I dont have an idea. you could enquire where you are based. regards.
Re: . by 400billionman: 1:43pm On Jun 05, 2015
gbadexy:

I dont have an idea.
you could enquire where you are based.
regards.

Heard calcium carbonate has two variants, the one used in producing pure white paint(dolomite) and the one used in producing coloured paint..

Expatiate vividly.
Re: . by Felixitie(m): 5:43pm On Jun 05, 2015
400billionman:

Heard calcium carbonate has two variants, the one used in producing pure white paint(dolomite) and the one used in producing coloured paint..

Expatiate vividly.
It is called white calcium (for producing white paint) and off white calcium(for non white colour paint)
Re: . by 400billionman: 5:46pm On Jun 05, 2015
Felixitie:

It is called white calcium (for producing white paint) and off white calcium(for non white colour paint)

Ok
Re: . by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jun 05, 2015
400billionman:

I don't stay in Lagos.

How best do I do this ?
I am also into painting and reside in Lagos i an help to bu this at alluminium village as i and waybill to you at a token commission for my time .You can reach me on 08173319366
Re: . by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jun 05, 2015
400billionman:

I don't stay in Lagos.

How best do I do this ?
I am also into painting and reside in Lagos i an help to bu this at alluminium village as i and waybill to you at a token commission for my time .You can reach me on 0817331366 or check my sign for more contact info.
Re: . by gbadexy(m): 8:30pm On Jun 05, 2015
400billionman:

Expatiate vividly.
ah bros, you don mention me tire. i'm a bit occupied these days and dont have much time posting here but i will answer your question.
dolomite is mostly white and ideal for white and coloured.
There is calcite also and looks offwhitish. sometimes it may have light gray shade. This is ideal for coloured paints only.
They are both calcium carbonate. its just the process of formation in nature that differs and calcites have metallic or clay impurities in the calcium carbonate.
Re: . by LORETA: 4:06pm On Jun 07, 2015
@gbadexy pls i am interested in the paint production and training, i need to start the business for my younger brother pls...this is my email, judessy2013@gmail.com..pls send me your contact
Re: . by 400billionman: 10:01am On Jun 09, 2015
Mrcdorv:
I am also into painting and reside in Lagos i an help to bu this at alluminium village as i and waybill to you at a token commission for my time .You can reach me on 0817331366

Which size will you buy for me ? Will reach your line now.
Re: . by gbadexy(m): 2:17pm On Jun 09, 2015
400billionman:

Which size will you buy for me ? Will reach your line now.
i got notification you mailed me but didnt get any mail.
The guy is correct, you can get the drill mixer at aluminium village in dopemu but that would be between you and him.
i cant vouch for annyone.
you can get a 900 -1200 watt mixer within the price range of 15k.
you would also need to construct a shaft or blade for the mixer. any fabricator can do that for you.
Re: . by oluplus(m): 3:14pm On Jun 09, 2015
good job @ OP
Re: . by 400billionman: 4:29pm On Jun 09, 2015
gbadexy:

i got notification you mailed me but didnt get any mail.
The guy is correct, you can get the drill mixer at aluminium village in dopemu but that would be between you and him.
i cant vouch for annyone.
you can get a 900 -1200 watt mixer within the price range of 15k.
you would also need to construct a shaft or blade for the mixer. any fabricator can do that for you.

Does this mixer come with an electric motor ?

Is the shaft or blade the only missing component ? Can we deal ?
Re: . by gbadexy(m): 4:32pm On Jun 09, 2015
400billionman:

Does this mixer come with an electric motor ?
Is the shaft or blade the only missing component ? Can we deal ?
yes to both questions. unfortunately, we cant deal. i simply dont have the time.
Re: . by 400billionman: 9:57pm On Jun 10, 2015
Mrcdorv:
I am also into painting and reside in Lagos i an help to bu this at alluminium village as i and waybill to you at a token commission for my time .You can reach me on 0817331366 or check my sign for more contact info.

I have not heard from you.. Which network is this your phone number with 10 digits ?
Re: . by 400billionman: 9:59pm On Jun 10, 2015
gbadexy:

yes to both questions.
unfortunately, we cant deal. i simply dont have the time.

What if i come to Lagos and you take me to aluminum village ?
Re: . by Nobody: 6:44am On Jun 11, 2015
400billionman:

I have not heard from you.. Which network is this your phone number with 10 digits ?
Am so sorry it a typo error call 08173319366 or 09032490147.
Re: . by one9jeria: 7:38am On Jun 11, 2015
You bought my eBook and you want to resale. I have no problems with it because I am not an eBook seller but to black mail my site is painful. That site is a kind of our social responsibility in the company and you can read the comments for feed backs. We make our money by producing and painting. You make your own by seminar. If you are in the industry you will know that the formula cannot be given to all public else we shall be out of job. You can understand that we don't produce and teach gloss car paints and other types of paint. You can go into it and prosper without blackmail. You can even go for supply of products. Too. One love bro I know there is hunger in the land and you want shortcut.
gbadexy:

You are a clown bro!
I opened the link you posted and I noted the rubbish there.
The blog gave no measurements and gave dubious chemical names.
There is no such thing as thitern, there is only titanium dioxide shortened to titan in the painting community. There are however brand names like du pont and kronus.
You can't get the half chemicals listed on the blog here in nigeria and I guess the author lifted it elsewhere.
I gave full description of the formulation for emulsion paint with option of wide variety of grade and listed chemicals we use and is gotten here in nigeria and yet you compared a well detailed article to that blog.
You sure have comprehension issues.
Interested participants in lagos would definitely come for practicals.
In satin production, you don't even use calcium carbonate at all! And the blog didn't give measurements of other materials!
There are standard formulation dat is divided or multiplied to do gallons or drums in a batch and not just pour a handful of somethings into half bucket of water.
I've trained some people from nairaland, and I've definitely hooked up to supply some projects.
I guess discerning minds would read •̸Ϟ•̸y article and the blog to know which is extensive.
Re: . by gbadexy(m): 9:16am On Jun 11, 2015
one9jeria:
You bought my eBook and you want to resale. I have no problems with it because I am not an eBook seller but to black mail my site is painful. That site is a kind of our social responsibility in the company and you can read the comments for feed backs. We make our money by producing and painting. You make your own by seminar. If you are in the industry you will know that the formula cannot be given to all public else we shall be out of job. You can understand that we don't produce and teach gloss car paints and other types of paint. You can go into it and prosper without blackmail. You can even go for supply of products. Too. One love bro I know there is hunger in the land and you want shortcut.

quote]
I dont know what gave you the impression that i bought an e book from you.
if you checked my threadss, you would have known that i produce and supply projects. far numerous and countless than posted here and i couldnt have done several jobs from reading your e book.
I noticed a boy posted your link on this thread out of mischief to show what i explain is no big deal but to be candid with you, if all the people ive trained comments here, this thread would have been filled up. i train very big companies wanting to update their knowlwdge.
i could even train your company on some aspects of industrial painting if intrtested.
I didnt get my knowledge of the industry from an e book. its as a result of being in the industry with professionals for long and active personal practical research.
The truth is that paint making is one of the trending vocation people are into now. no need hoarding the knowledge. so many places people learn it in lagos and the number of places the materials is sold would attest to the fact that its a popular trade with the knowledge easily available.
i supply projects and markets. I dont see them as threat or competition because we stay apart. besides any professional company in the industry would always have an edge including yours if competent irrespective of size.
My advice is that you should post interactive threads on nairaland and market your brand convincingly and whatever anyone posts wouldnt matter. i post paint supply threads and many others do so too. same with the builders. it doesnt stop anyone from still getting business
I'm very sorry for saying your site is dubious though. i will modify the post. you could modify it in your quotes also so it doesnt reflect.
peace.
Re: . by gbadexy(m): 9:21am On Jun 11, 2015
400billionman:

What if i come to Lagos and you take me to aluminum village ?
I'm sorry but dont have the time.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos May Emerge Oil Producing State Next Year / Why CBN Extended BVN Registration Deadline To Oct 31 / Otudeko Vs. Otedola: First Bank Shareholders Lose ₦‎80.76bn, Shares Crumble

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.