Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,093 members, 7,807,269 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:46 AM

The Injustice On Religion Section Of Nairaland - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Injustice On Religion Section Of Nairaland (1857 Views)

Why Atheist Are Always Found On Religion Section / Religion Section 'awards Night' / *~ Joagbaje Voted The Religion Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Injustice On Religion Section Of Nairaland by Nobody: 6:14pm On Aug 25, 2013
please, seun, admin. team and concerned moderators, explain to us why there's no sub-section for christians or other religion when we have a sub-section dedicated solely for muslims. this is highly unfair. at least a corresponding sub-section for christians should be created considering the fact that islam and christianity are the major religions in nigeria.
please I need an explanation to this injustice...
Re: The Injustice On Religion Section Of Nairaland by Oahray: 6:37pm On Aug 25, 2013
Hmmm... Lemme see how this turns out.
Re: The Injustice On Religion Section Of Nairaland by Nobody: 6:45pm On Aug 25, 2013
Oahray: Hmmm... Lemme see how this turns out.
am waiting too...they should be able to respond if they're sincere.
Re: The Injustice On Religion Section Of Nairaland by Seun(m): 12:33am On Aug 26, 2013
The Islam section was created for security reasons, to protect non-muslims from the risk of violence, and not to promote Islam.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Injustice On Religion Section Of Nairaland by Anuoluwap(m): 12:43am On Aug 26, 2013
Sir Seun, the Op is still right. Since the Islam section is created. Then a Christian section should be created. I know most of the threads are based on Christianity. Since there exists some other religion in Nigeria. I believe each should be represented by a section under Religion.
Re: The Injustice On Religion Section Of Nairaland by Nobody: 1:01am On Aug 26, 2013
thanks seun for replying,I don't actually understand how non musilms are protected from voilence. however, since you deemed it necessary to create a sub-section for muslims then in all fairness please create such for christians, it makes it even for the two major religions in nigeria.
this wouldnt take you 30secs to do, I cant recall clearly but you once had qoutation that says 'if I want to do something I do it today otherwise I forget about it' please sir correct this inbalance for us.
some christians said they tired of asking...I wont get tired o! wink

abeg, oga seun, our oga at the top, wink help us create this sub-section, the christians will be very happy smiley
Re: The Injustice On Religion Section Of Nairaland by Nobody: 1:33am On Aug 26, 2013
centje: thanks seun for replying,I don't actually understand how non musilms are protected from voilence. however, since you deemed it necessary to create a sub-section for muslims then in all fairness please create such for christians, it makes it even for the two major religions in nigeria.
this wouldnt take you 30secs to do, I cant recall clearly but you once had qoutation that says 'if I want to do something I do it today otherwise I forget about it' please sir correct this inbalance for us.

abeg, oga seun, our oga at the top, wink help us create this sub-section, the christians will be very happy smiley

You really don't need to ostracize yourselves or seperate yourselves from others simply because the Muslims are doing so. If you christians stay in the main religion board and share with others, it will show that you are tolerant of opposing views and can coexist peacefully with those of other religions (unlike the muzzies) so stop asking for a seperate board and remain on this one because doing so tells well of your religion.
And the other religions here.

5 Likes

Re: The Injustice On Religion Section Of Nairaland by Nobody: 1:52am On Aug 26, 2013
NL member:

You really don't need to ostracize yourselves or seperate yourselves from others simply because the Muslims are doing so. If you christians stay in the main religion board and share with others, it will show that you are tolerant of opposing views and can coexist peacefully with those of other religions (unlike the muzzies) so stop asking for a seperate board and remain on this one because doing so tells well of your religion.
And the other religions here.
we are not going to seclude ourselves, it will still be open to very one including muslims, but to strike a balance christians need theirs or the sub section for islam should be closed. it appeared awkward when I came into the section and saw the sub section 'only for muslims, the moderators are also muslims' similar sub section is highly needed to balance the equation.
Re: The Injustice On Religion Section Of Nairaland by Nobody: 2:15am On Aug 26, 2013
Strike which balance biko?
I hope you know the only reason Muslims have a seperate section is to keep them from getting violent and harming others? They didn't get a seperate section because Seun wanted to show them special favour or grant them better priviledges than others.
They got it to prevent violence and possible bloodshed.
Christians are known to be relatively more peaceful and tolerant of others so there is no need to create a different board for them because the risk of christians spilling blood because of religion is way less and almost non existent.
Please let the muslim section remain there on it's own as a way of showing everyone that muslims have little tolerance and ability to coexist peacefully. Don't bring Christianity down to that level.
Besides if a seperate board is created for christians then it would also be fair to create one for thge jews and pagans and ifa worshippers and even atheists and agnostics and you can imagine how funny looking this place would be if that happens.
One seperate section is more than enough, its not wise to create another..abeg I no kno how I go take explain am give you again, na you sabi.

5 Likes

Re: The Injustice On Religion Section Of Nairaland by Nobody: 4:42am On Aug 26, 2013
centje: thanks seun for replying[b],I don't actually understand how non musilms are protected from voilence[/b]. however, since you deemed it necessary to create a sub-section for muslims then in all fairness please create such for christians, it makes it even for the two major religions in nigeria.

Sometimes e-slapping can get out of hand grin

1 Like

Re: The Injustice On Religion Section Of Nairaland by Nobody: 5:25am On Aug 26, 2013
centje: please, seun, admin. team and concerned moderators, explain to us why there's no sub-section for christians or other religion when we have a sub-section dedicated solely for muslims. this is highly unfair. at least a corresponding sub-section for christians should be created considering the fact that islam and christianity are the major religions in nigeria.
please I need an explanation to this injustice...

Put a sock in it...

Would you recognise injustice if it was shoved right in your face?

Christian this, muslim that...what about the injustices Christians mete out against other minority groups in this religion section?
Re: The Injustice On Religion Section Of Nairaland by Nobody: 5:34am On Aug 26, 2013
Seun: The Islam section was created for security reasons, to protect non-muslims from the risk of violence, and not to promote Islam.

Hi seun,

If you would be forced to create a separate section for Christians, do note that Catholics are not agitating for same and you would be well advised not to force Catholics into any subsection.

The general religion section is quite okay for us, hence if there is going to be a separate sub section for Christians, do name it "Christianity for protestants".

PS: I have two official complaints to make. I will make them in the complaint thread to make it formal.

#The direction this section is taken leaves a fowl taste in my mouth.
Re: The Injustice On Religion Section Of Nairaland by Nobody: 6:41am On Aug 26, 2013
Seun: The Islam section was created for security reasons, to protect non-muslims from the risk of violence, and not to promote Islam.

1000 likes.

Plain and simple
Re: The Injustice On Religion Section Of Nairaland by benodic: 11:02am On Aug 26, 2013
i am not surprised with the turn of events. i live with northern Moslem and i do not discuss religion in any form with them and that is how i have maintained harmony with them. that is what drove me to the internet to see where i can interact freely with people from other religions and i have thoroughly enjoyed myself in nairaland religion section since i arrived here.

i am one of those that celebrated when the Islam section was created and they left us alone. the same intolerance Moslem show in real life is also exhibited even in the internet. for me it is good riddance. even if a sub-section for Christianity is created in order to bring equality i would still feel free to post there because i know that Christians are more tolerant.
Re: The Injustice On Religion Section Of Nairaland by Nobody: 11:16am On Aug 26, 2013
The matter is simple really, a certain class of people following a vibrantly aggressivepeaceful class of religion demand to be treated with the utmost respect at the risk of the disobedient being visited with righteous wrath of Allah executed by his able-bodied Muslims anywhere and everywhere in the world, by the most crude, vile and violent means possible. No matter the avenue, a Muslim will elbow his way to the front and demand the right and authority to execute his religion anyway the Koran instructs. be it China, India, Africa, America, Canada, Sweden, Brazil.. regardless of how many religions existed centuries before it. ISLAM must be given respect and virtues it does not deserve or its the cutlass for your neck. FINITO. Thread Closed
Re: The Injustice On Religion Section Of Nairaland by truthman2012(m): 11:40am On Aug 26, 2013
The new mod, Ajibam seems set to limit religious discussions. If the trend continues the section mighty become deserted soon.

1 Like

Re: The Injustice On Religion Section Of Nairaland by UyiIredia(m): 1:51pm On Aug 26, 2013
Lol. The Christians here must be itching because of the atheist-centric threads here. Even my sis dey complain about the atheist topics she sees me surfing: maybe that's why she ain't come here.
Re: The Injustice On Religion Section Of Nairaland by U09ce: 5:04pm On Aug 26, 2013
Seun, I don't expect these words from you as the Administrator here. Why would you characterize muslims with violence?I would like to say that : Islam section welcomes any sensible and non-derogatory question posed to it.
Re: The Injustice On Religion Section Of Nairaland by Nobody: 5:56pm On Aug 26, 2013
U09ce:
Seun, I don't expect these words from you as the Administrator here. Why would you characterize muslims with violence?I would like to say that : Islam section welcomes any sensible and non-derogatory question posed to it.

Would you rather seun lie about his intent? The dude says he did not create the sub section for muslims in order to promote Islam, why can't you accept that?

PS: There is nothing derogatory in his comment. The risk he spoke about is real.
Re: The Injustice On Religion Section Of Nairaland by Nobody: 6:31pm On Aug 26, 2013
NL member: Strike which balance biko? I hope you know the only reason Muslims have a seperate section is to keep them from getting violent and harming others? They didn't get a seperate section because Seun wanted to show them special favour or grant them better priviledges than others. They got it to prevent violence and possible bloodshed. Christians are known to be relatively more peaceful and tolerant of others so there is no need to create a different board for them because the risk of christians spilling blood because of religion is way less and almost non existent. Please let the muslim section remain there on it's own as a way of showing everyone that muslims have little tolerance and ability to coexist peacefully. Don't bring Christianity down to that level. Besides if a seperate board is created for christians then it would also be fair to create one for thge jews and pagans and ifa worshippers and even atheists and agnostics and you can imagine how funny looking this place would be if that happens. One seperate section is more than enough, its not wise to create another..abeg I no kno how I go take explain am give you again, na you sabi.
I never knew the fear has reached this extent. I am for fairness, no matter who's invovled.

striktlymi:

Put a sock in it...

Would you recognise injustice if it was shoved right in your face?

Christian this, muslim that...what about the injustices Christians mete out against other minority groups in this religion section?
who is this one
Re: The Injustice On Religion Section Of Nairaland by Nobody: 6:32pm On Aug 26, 2013
SniperInADiaper:
Sometimes e-slapping can get out of hand grin
no e-slap fashioned against me shall prosper grin
Re: The Injustice On Religion Section Of Nairaland by Nobody: 7:13pm On Aug 26, 2013
centje:
who is this one

Your worst nightmare...
Re: The Injustice On Religion Section Of Nairaland by Nobody: 7:27pm On Aug 26, 2013
centje: I never knew the fear has reached this extent. I am for fairness, no matter who's invovled.

Abeg go and sleep.
You're not getting a new section and that's the end of the matter.
Re: The Injustice On Religion Section Of Nairaland by Nobody: 10:26pm On Aug 26, 2013
NL member:

Abeg go and sleep.
You're not getting a new section and that's the end of the matter.
and who are you to conclude that? second seun or his errand boy?
Re: The Injustice On Religion Section Of Nairaland by Nobody: 10:30pm On Aug 26, 2013
centje: and who are you to conclude that? second seun or his errand boy?

Ok, go ahead and continue hoping for a private clubhouse that will never come to pass.
Re: The Injustice On Religion Section Of Nairaland by Ajibam: 10:43pm On Aug 26, 2013
truthman2012: The new mod, Ajibam seems set to limit religious discussions. If the trend continues the section mighty become deserted soon.

Please don't say what you are not sure off
When Did I do That?
Re: The Injustice On Religion Section Of Nairaland by Ishilove: 2:59am On Aug 27, 2013
Ajibam:

Please don't say what you are not sure off
When Did I do That?
*sniggers*

Yeah, right grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Plan And Strategies Of The Queen Of Coast Against Christian / Magun: Real Or Myth? / Deeper Life GO Pastor Kumuyi Lands In Uyo 2 A Warmth Reception By Gov. Udom(Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.