Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,468 members, 7,808,673 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:12 PM

Relationship Between Africa And India - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Relationship Between Africa And India (3682 Views)

Ben Bruce Compares Price Of Kerosene In Nigeria And India / How The Western Media Portrays Africa, China, And India Differently / Nigeria Military Ranks 4th In Africa And 36th In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Relationship Between Africa And India by smile4kenn(m): 6:28pm On Jun 10, 2008
Is the relationship between Africa and India beyond economics?
The BBC African Service and the BBC Hindi Service are joining forces to find out more about each other's continent.
Are there more similarities than differences between India and Africa? And how does this compare with Africa and China?
Do you have Indian friends or have you married into an Indian family? Would you like to work or study in India?
If you have never visited India, what are your impressions of it? Do you see it as a friend to Africa or a competitor?

Some comments on BBC

Added: Tuesday, 10 June, 2008, 17:07 GMT 18:07 UK
India is not afriend to africa in many ways as far as i can say so,governmets must stop decieving people,an african in india endures many riducles while in india like stupid mentality displayed by the indians to africans,you dare not near an india girl else you pay for it in a bitter way and in new delhi,i see nothing new in delhi therefore,if they need africans,let them teach their indian populace how to love other people.
Kennbrown, Lagos

Added: Tuesday, 10 June, 2008, 16:49 GMT 17:49 UK
Nigeria got most of its teachers from India who laid down their lifes to live in hardship & discrimination. I lived in Nigeria for 22 years & faced nothing but fear of being poisoned & attacked each day. My parents taught in Nigeria for 33 years, students coming to the house at 10 pm & odd hours to ask for help. Yet not one Nigerian helped us when my brother was killed by his Nigerian wife, or when my father was forced to drink poison when he refused to take a bribe from an Ibo man

R Rahman, Baltimore USA [b][/b]

Added: Tuesday, 10 June, 2008, 16:44 GMT 17:44 UK

Igbos are the most violent in nigeria Ilived there & can vouch for it. Nigerians don't care about US & send huge sums of money back home so don't accuse Inidans of not caring for Africans. Africans should care for Africans. The last I saw many Inidan women married to Nigerian men were murdered by their husbands. My brother was murdered by his nigerian wife & police did nothing. Who would want this violence.
TL, USA

Added: Tuesday, 10 June, 2008, 16:34 GMT 17:34 UK
I am Indian lived in Nigeria for 19 years & was beaten severly each dy. Africans hate Indians BUT India is a third world country with less resources than Africa but it is doing 1 million times better than Africa. Africa will do well to learn from India. BTW Inida is selling medical drugs to Africa which are a 100 times cheaper than the west. india medical care is 1000 times better. As for my experience in Nigeria, gambia togo kenya I reserve my comments as it will make African look like barbaria

SP, USA

Added: Tuesday, 10 June, 2008, 16:20 GMT 17:20 UK

Historically, Indians have had more access to capital and know how as opposed to indigenous Africas, permitting them to fare well in Africa. In terms of education, I am a witness of great Indian educators in Ethiopia throughout my primary and secondary education. Compared to other foriegn expats. Indians have been willing to work for lower salaries and have been very dedicated. Indias success in the Software Industry goes to show that developing regions could have a leading edge in R&grin.

Ezana, BOGOTA

Added: Tuesday, 10 June, 2008, 16:19 GMT 17:19 UK

In some level we all need each other, I am affraid that India and China interest in Africa is not purely partinership, but natural resorces. Should Africa learn from China and India? for sure. There is no such thing as free lunch, African needs to stands on its own deal with corruptions issues. Once we have earned world respect then we have chance competing fairly in the world market, other wise history will repeat it's self.
Groover MN

Groover03, Tanzania

Added: Tuesday, 10 June, 2008, 16:17 GMT 17:17 UK

I have traveled to India. I too do not like their views about Black people and there caste system. The way they treat the lower caste people the Dalits or Untouchables as they refer to them is sub-human. They have no writes at all. They believe if you where born Black that you did something wrong in a past life time and should be subject to harsh treatment, dished out by backward ignorant people. People will say or do anything to be able to enjoy the plentiful bounties of our beloved Africa.

Nana Sekyiaabea, New York/ Ghana

Added: Tuesday, 10 June, 2008, 16:17 GMT 17:17 UK

Why does the BBC always seem to believe that Africa can only ever be developed with foreign assistance? Does the BBC not believe that Africans are intelligent enough to achieve economic development? Mind you, given how most of our rulers have behaved, who can blame the BBC?

AKPAN, Kent, UK/NIGERIA
Re: Relationship Between Africa And India by smile4kenn(m): 6:29pm On Jun 10, 2008
Re: Relationship Between Africa And India by MethodMan3(m): 7:35pm On Jun 10, 2008
I think both countries have an explosive population and they both suffer in penury! grin

(1) (Reply)

Labour Party Loses At Edo Council Poll Tribunal / Photos:Newly Married Governor Oshiomhole Caught Yawning During Lunch At Aso Rock / Photos: Two Stubborn Men Block Each Other On A Road (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.