Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,539 members, 7,808,988 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:36 PM

Is New Testament Bible Sufficient? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is New Testament Bible Sufficient? (4634 Views)

What Is Your Favorite Story In The Old Testament Bible / New Testament (bible) Fairytale Or Horror Story?! / False Prophecies Of The New Testament (bible) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is New Testament Bible Sufficient? by DARREG(m): 7:34pm On Aug 25, 2013
Lets just imagine there was no Old testament Bible, would that be enough for me to make heaven
Three things that I have discovered are
1. There are some things in the Old Testament that are not in the new testament
2. Old and New testament should complement each other
3. Jesus Christ is suffcient for me to make heaven

So if i read only New testament, can i still go to heaven by obeying only new testament rules?
Re: Is New Testament Bible Sufficient? by Rexyl(m): 9:09pm On Aug 25, 2013
For everything a believer needs for salvation of his soul it is 100% possible to make heaven by placing his faith purely on the truth of the new testament. But if a believer wants to live beyond working for salvation of only his soul he must be experienced enough in messages of God for salvation of mankind. He must know more about God in terms of His covenants; how He started it? What kinds of people He used? And how events were in sequence that is, the ways they were related and documented towards fulfilling God‘s plan of salvation in the Bible. You know the coming of Jesus was not by occasion or accident. Some things about His coming were predicted by some prophets, that is why his life and messages are not a disaster to anyone. New Testament compliments the old Testament therefore both are inseparable to learn and know important things we should know about God. New Testament let us know that covenant of God right from old Testament is being fulfilled and his plan coming to reality. That is why we have seen that God is not contradictory but was faithful to His promise.

3 Likes

Re: Is New Testament Bible Sufficient? by theozobby(m): 1:58pm On Aug 26, 2013
You need Gods wisdom
Re: Is New Testament Bible Sufficient? by Grendel(m): 2:02pm On Aug 26, 2013
I believe in God through Christ His son.
Simple!
Re: Is New Testament Bible Sufficient? by Nobody: 2:03pm On Aug 26, 2013
theozobby: You are trying so hard to invoke Gods wrath upon your life.
Close this thread immediately.
Read the revelation 22:18-19
We serve a God who is loving and eager to forgive, stop threatening people with the name of God and the earlier you do away with this old testament mentality of yours the better for you and those around you .

3 Likes

Re: Is New Testament Bible Sufficient? by justphillips(m): 2:03pm On Aug 26, 2013
Re: Is New Testament Bible Sufficient? by Nobody: 2:05pm On Aug 26, 2013
DARREG: Lets just imagine there was no Old testament Bible, would that be enough for me to make heaven
Three things that I have discovered are
1. There are some things in the Old Testament that are not in the new testament
2. Old and New testament should complement each other
3. Jesus Christ is suffcient for me to make heaven

So if i read only New testament, can i still go to heaven by obeying only new testament rules?

You do not need a book to be a good person. Moreover heaven is a state of mind you can experience even on this planet.

1 Like

Re: Is New Testament Bible Sufficient? by moscobabs(m): 2:06pm On Aug 26, 2013
why this on front page pls
Re: Is New Testament Bible Sufficient? by ednut1(m): 2:07pm On Aug 26, 2013
Xtaininty and confusion, they go hand in hand

1 Like

Re: Is New Testament Bible Sufficient? by Nobody: 2:08pm On Aug 26, 2013
moscobabs: why this on front page pls

Because the new moderators are christians. They wanna choke their religion down our throats

1 Like

Re: Is New Testament Bible Sufficient? by Venus1: 2:08pm On Aug 26, 2013
na who i go ask
Re: Is New Testament Bible Sufficient? by Orikinla(m): 2:10pm On Aug 26, 2013
Even John 1:1 is enough.
Re: Is New Testament Bible Sufficient? by PECO4KING(m): 2:10pm On Aug 26, 2013
Yes you will go to heaven if you follow the words in the new testament and the ways of Jesus leave his life. Peace be upon him.
Re: Is New Testament Bible Sufficient? by Nobody: 2:14pm On Aug 26, 2013
No, the old and new are important. God would not give the old if it was irrelevant. [b]ALL[/b]scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is
profitable for doctrine, for
reproof, for correction, for
instruction in righteousness
. 2 Timothy 3:16
Re: Is New Testament Bible Sufficient? by Nobody: 2:16pm On Aug 26, 2013
k
Re: Is New Testament Bible Sufficient? by damerry(m): 2:17pm On Aug 26, 2013
Yes, You need both! Christ the eternal word which spoke and was spoken about throughout the old testament is fulfilled in the new testament.
Re: Is New Testament Bible Sufficient? by judedwriter(m): 2:18pm On Aug 26, 2013
Yes it is wink d whole law of d OT is fulfiled in d NT in this commandment: luv ur neighbour as urself nd luv God wit all ur being. D OT is just a shadow of d NT.
Re: Is New Testament Bible Sufficient? by theozobby(m): 2:24pm On Aug 26, 2013
You need both the new and old testament like you need your left and right hands
Re: Is New Testament Bible Sufficient? by Mintayo(m): 2:31pm On Aug 26, 2013
Talking about heaven,some people will read both OT and NT and still not go to heaven.
It is not about knowing or hearing about God,it is about knowing God through Christ Jesus alone.
------------------------------------------
And talking about the OT and NT,you can't do away with the OT!
Look at OT as d foundation of d building,while the NT is the building itself and mind you,for u to be sheltered,protected and saved,then you have to stay in the 'building'. And if u want to know how d building was erected,look into the begining,the foundation!
The Bible is a masterpiece with both the OT and the NT.
Shalom.
Re: Is New Testament Bible Sufficient? by ghettodreamz(m): 2:32pm On Aug 26, 2013
Na waooooo.... See Question

The Bible is God's word. It is incomplete without the 'Old testament', just the same way the 'Old testament' is incomplete without the 'New testament'.

Deuteronomy 4:2

You shall not add to the word which I am commanding you, nor take away from it, that you may keep the commandments of the Lord your God which I command you.
Re: Is New Testament Bible Sufficient? by kunlekunle: 2:35pm On Aug 26, 2013
its not obeying rules that will take you to heaven,
its believing in christ and learning to walk like christ, improving your life and attitude daily.
Re: Is New Testament Bible Sufficient? by Nobody: 2:38pm On Aug 26, 2013
Focus on the 4 gospels. Pay attention to the highlighted words that Christ Himself actually spoke and His acts. The God portrayed in the Old Testament at times seemed less benevolent than the one Jesus revealed. There is never any confusion if you stick with Christ.

1 Like

Re: Is New Testament Bible Sufficient? by AbdulAdam56(m): 2:51pm On Aug 26, 2013
Grendel: I believe in God through Christ His son.
Simple!
did God has a son?lam yalid walam yulad.
Re: Is New Testament Bible Sufficient? by temilexis: 2:55pm On Aug 26, 2013
Certainly the new testament does not contain so much needed to be known by christians. Things like tithes, alcohol drinks, church administration, how church funds should be expended, should pastors depend on church funds for a living, should church funds be spent on building schools and at the end only the rich(affluent parents) would be able to attend such schools, dress code for the congregation and if women should really cover their hair during service, deliverance of demon possessed people how it should be conducted (must they fall on the ground or should the pastor be interacting with the demon and negotiating with him weather he should leave or not) etc. There are so many grey areas about christianity that some pastors cannot be faulted so easily as the new testament do not have any information on these issues.
Re: Is New Testament Bible Sufficient? by sexymoma(f): 2:56pm On Aug 26, 2013
Abdul Adam56: did God has a son?lam yalid walam yulad.
if this were to be music you would be singing off key...
Re: Is New Testament Bible Sufficient? by SamConquer(m): 3:08pm On Aug 26, 2013
ednut1: Xtaininty and confusion, they go hand in hand
.Wow!!!tell Me More!!!Ok Lets Check out who is More Confuse Now....Please Explain to this Noble House about the War between the Shia and Sunni Muslims especially in Iraq,Or is it the Several other branch in islam Such as Ahmadiyya,Qutbinism and Several Others,Explain to this House about Hadith which Some group of Muslims claim is not true while others think otherwise,and finally tel us more about the Paedophile act on Little Innocent Girls,where a School of thought in Islam is against and another school of thought Endorse it.Now Bro which do You think is more Confuse......@OP and His Topic...Mr Op I know You are strugling and Looking For ways to Create a thread to reach front page but this is definetly not the way to go about it...Adios
Re: Is New Testament Bible Sufficient? by raheema4u(f): 3:14pm On Aug 26, 2013
kunlekunle: its not obeying rules that will take you to heaven,
its believing in christ and learning to walk like christ, improving your life and attitude daily.

Didn't Jesus Peace be upon him said that he didn't not come to abolish the law of Moses Peace be upon him. Till the end one dot of his commandment will not be changed and u will attain the kingdom if u follow the commandment.
Re: Is New Testament Bible Sufficient? by raheema4u(f): 3:19pm On Aug 26, 2013
jerseyboy: Focus on the 4 gospels. Pay attention to the highlighted words that Christ Himself actually spoke and His acts. The God portrayed in the Old Testament at times seemed less benevolent than the one Jesus revealed. There is never any confusion if you stick with Christ.

Do you dress like Christ peace be upon him?
What was Jesus PBUH mode of praying?
Did Jesus PBUH use to sing, dance and shout all in the name of praying?
What about Mary, May God have Mercy on her, did she use to open her hair and wear all sort of rubbish?
Re: Is New Testament Bible Sufficient? by SamConquer(m): 3:22pm On Aug 26, 2013
raheema4u:

Do you dress like Christ peace be upon him?
What was Jesus PBUH mode of praying?
Did Jesus PBUH use to sing, dance and shout all in the name of praying?
What about Mary, May God have Mercy on her, did she use to open her hair and wear all sort of rubbish?
.#Smiles#I will first of all want to deal with the Question regarding the 'dress System' in Christianity.My Dear I won't blame You if You ask Such Questions but I will Blame You If You Generalize it.because is the Same thing as...---Why Do You Muslims Kill and terorrise?Was Prophet Muhammed [PBUH] a Suicide Bomber and terorist.?---So My Dear because of Western Imperialism and So called Development that have eaten deep into the root of Decensy of Some 'Christians' You still Can't generalize it..Because take for instance the Decent dressing of the 'Deeper Lifers' so don't generalize it, Cause those who know the Principles in Christianity still abide to it...You talk about singing and Dancing.,My Dear King David[Daudu In Islam]was a Great Dancer,Singer,who Dance and Sing to the Glory Of God.So if Your Dancing and Singing is to the Glory Of God [afterall God Knows everyone's Mind]there is nothing Wrong with it....... Adios

1 Like

Re: Is New Testament Bible Sufficient? by sarutobie(m): 4:15pm On Aug 26, 2013
ifeness:

Because the new moderators are christians. They wanna choke their religion down our throats
I believe you saw the title of thread before opening it.what happened to skiping it to the next thread? But no! You had to comment and show your foolishness..this thread isn't meant for unbelivers.so suck it up!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jesus Was Not Sent To Save The Whole World - Bible / What Pleases The Lord? - Paul Ellis / The RCCG Church Lekki Were Maids Are Not Allowed To Enter The Main Auditorium

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.