Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,713 members, 7,805,943 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:51 AM

- Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / (4007 Views)

For Married Peps Only: A Favourite Pastime Between You And Your Boo / Does Anyone Have An Answer To This? / Husbands With " Honey Have You Seen : " Syndrome (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: by Sissie(f): 7:22pm On Aug 26, 2013
I watch kutk and hbb, they are fun and I think the Kardashians get little credit, they are business smart, they are smarter than they appear, people like Paris Hilton tried and her's isn't as successful, I don't hate their hustle.
We can agree that HBB are disgusting and KUTK are superficial.

No be fight oh. wink
Re: by Nobody: 8:31pm On Aug 26, 2013
You people and your side talks. tongue tongue tongue
Abeg when is Scandal coming back on? tongue tongue
Re: by baby124: 8:36pm On Aug 26, 2013
gosh, i really cant stand kartrashians. sad

Especially their mother. That has to be the biggest love-vendor and the best attention seeking manager anyone can have. lipsrsealed
Re: by SisiKill1: 9:18pm On Aug 26, 2013
Na wa oh!

Like my grandma will say....Egba ni ela ja (pardon the spelling).

If we are to put into account the money rolling in from the TV shows, endorsements, appearances, book deals etc for the HBB people, there's no doubt they are also very wealthy...so how did this become jealousy from poverty stricken people?

How did talking about some celebutard become battle of the omo baba olowos vs the omo baba talikas? I've gone back and reread the thread to make sure I didn't miss a personal insult on anyone here that would explain the washing deledele pronounced on previous posters. We ARE stil talking about two sets of wealthy celebs, yes?

Honestly, I'm still trying to understand how innocuous comments on a thread is a measure of one's bank account or upbringing? How is finding the way one family is trying to remain grounded in the face of their sudden fame and fortune interesting become about talikalism?

I repeat again....Egba ni, ela ja. cheesy cheesy.

I take full responsibility for bringing the Kardashians into the discourse (not that I can deny it of course) and I thought given the context in which they were brought up in relation to the HBB folks, it is obvious it isn't about money but the fact that most folks (on yahoo especially) don't think they deserve to be on TV because they are not pretty and their everyday life isn't glamorous enough. Most folks miss the poignant attributes listed by CC in her first post because of their knee jerk reaction to their unglamorous looks and lifestyle.

If people wanna watch the merits of a bikini wax over shaving, that's their prerogative but don't down the people who aren't living like that even though they have the money...this and only this has been the basis of the debates on yahoo.

How this became about those with limitless bank accounts vs those who have to check their balance before making a purchase is quite frankly....beyond me.

We are talking about celebs who don't know we exists and got our asses handed to us because it means we don't have money? Abi am I being presumptuous in assuming none of us are related to these celebs? If I am...abeg forgive me oh, I don't mean any offense and I most certainly don't mean to bring anyone down to our lower class none celebrity knowing and related to levels oh. Its just that this is the internet and its hard to know who is who....even if one cared to.

Like I said I read and reread wondering where the vitriol came from and I still don't get it. How did we go from HBB and Kardashian to revealing ourselves as poverty stricken?

How do the words we type reveal how much wealth we grew up in? If the fonts we use came in cheap, medium cheap and obscenely expensive, then twill be obvious who the cheapos are...no?

So How? How?

Since dissecting every single letter for obvious and not so obvious wealth meanings is outta the question, I've decided to chuck my confusion up to the lack of understanding of the rules concerning topic interconnectedness on NL. This is a better explanation for how some comments seem to just come outta left field... you are left scratching your head.

Yep, no doubt there must be a link missing somewhere and I promise amma find that link. Until I do abeg some of y'all will just have to pardon the "what the what....how did we go from this to this" and "What has that gotta do with this" statements that will no doubt show up in my posts from time to time.

Back to topic
Stillwater don't flog me abeg, it is not my fault...Blame Joel Mchale and the soup Lol.

Lol @ Jenny and Ile. cheesy cheesy

4 Likes

Re: by Nobody: 9:53pm On Aug 26, 2013
Sisi_Kill: Na wa oh!

Like my grandma will say....Egba ni ela ja (pardon the spelling).

If we are to put into account the money rolling in from the TV shows, endorsements, appearances, book deals etc for the HBB people, there's no doubt they are also very wealthy...so how did this become jealousy from poverty stricken people?

How did talking about some celebutard become battle of the omo baba olowos vs the omo baba talikas? I've gone back and reread the thread to make sure I didn't miss a personal insult on anyone here that would explain the washing deledele pronounced on previous posters. We ARE stil talking about two sets of wealthy celebs, yes?

Honestly, I'm still trying to understand how innocuous comments on a thread is a measure of one's bank account or upbringing? How is finding the way one family is trying to remain grounded in the face of their sudden fame and fortune interesting become about talikalism?

I repeat again....Egba ni, ela ja. cheesy cheesy.

I take full responsibility for bringing the Kardashians into the discourse (not that I can deny it of course) and I thought given the context in which they were brought up in relation to the HBB folks, it is obvious it isn't about money but the fact that most folks (on yahoo especially) don't think they deserve to be on TV because they are pretty and their everyday life isn't glamorous enough. Most folks miss the poignant attributes listed by CC in her first post because of their knee jerk reaction to their unglamorous looks and lifestyle.

If people wanna watch the merits of a bikini wax over shaving, that's their prerogative but don't down the people who aren't living like that even though they have the money...this and only this has been the basis of the debates on yahoo.

How this became about those with limitless bank accounts vs those who have to check their balance before making a purchase is quite frankly....beyond me.

We are talking about celebs who don't know we exists and got our asses handed to us because it means we don't have money? Abi am I being presumptuous in assuming none of us are related to these celebs? If I am...abeg forgive me oh, I don't mean any offense and I most certainly don't mean to bring anyone down to our lower class none celebrity knowing and related to levels oh. Its just that this is the internet and its hard to know who is who....even if one cared to.

Like I said I read and reread wondering where the vitriol came from and I still don't get it. How did we go from HBB and Kardashian to revealing ourselves as poverty stricken?

How do the words we type reveal how much wealth we grew up in? If the fonts we use came in cheap, medium cheap and obscenely expensive, then twill be obvious who the cheapos are...no?

So How? How?

Since dissecting every single letter for obvious and not so obvious wealth meanings is outta the question, I've decided to chuck my confusion up to the lack of understanding of the rules concerning topic interconnectedness on NL. This is a better explanation for how some comments seem to just come outta left field... you are left scratching your head.

Yep, no doubt there must be a link missing somewhere and I promise amma find that link. Until I do abeg some of y'all will just have to pardon the "what the what....how did we go from this to this" and "What has that gotta do with this" statements that will no doubt show up in my posts from time to time.

Back to topic
Stillwater don't flog me abeg, it is not my fault...Blame Joel Mchale and the soup Lol.

Lol @ Jenny and Ile. cheesy cheesy

Re: by Nobody: 10:13pm On Aug 26, 2013
Eleyi abi abi oro mi?? undecided cheesy

Damiso... Temi ma de yemi kę cheesy sha ma wo n tie grin

Buhahahaha ahhhhhh grin cheesy It's bank Monday holiday alright cheesy
Re: by SisiKill1: 10:51pm On Aug 26, 2013
Chillisauce:

Rotflmao! I know! I know...didn't realize that shite was that long until after posting. cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: by Nobody: 11:04pm On Aug 26, 2013
Sisi_Kill:
Rotflmao! I know! I know...didn't realize that shite was that long until after posting. cheesy cheesy

You "poverty stricken" people are allowed to vent with long epistles naa cheesy grin

Mschewww
Re: by Doriella57(f): 6:57pm On Aug 27, 2013
Yah. Happy family the only promblem nd body weight
Re: by Doriella57(f): 6:58pm On Aug 27, 2013
Yah. Happy family the only promblem is their body weight
Re: by mysticgal(f): 11:54am On Aug 28, 2013
i feel the kardashians are acting scripts,honey boo boo dunno what to say,but i enjoy married to jonas,baby bling bling,the soup,fashion police,chelsea lately,but the problem is the make you want to step up.cool
Re: by Nobody: 12:16pm On Aug 28, 2013
mysticgal: i feel the kardashians are acting scripts,honey boo boo dunno what to say,but i enjoy married to jonas,baby bling bling,the soup,fashion police,chelsea lately,but the problem is the make you want to step up.cool
All of them r acting out scripts.
That is reality tv for u.
But it depends on d audience u and ur producer want to capture and d message u wanna send across.
I like that jonas thing too.

1 Like

Re: by Nobody: 1:21pm On Aug 28, 2013
yellowpawpaw:
All of them r acting out scripts.

But it depends on d audience u and ur producer want to capture and d message u wanna send across.

The truth.
Re: by tjskii(f): 8:28pm On Aug 28, 2013
Ahhhh my show,love am die,its honeybooboo,folowed by toddlers and tiaras,folowed by say yes to the dress and I didn't kno I was pregnant, cheesy cheesy

Hate hate hate,kuwtk,dts all Echannel ever shows these days,mscheww angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Describe Your Mom In Three Words / Death Before Dishonor / ‘how I Got Involved In Water Goddess Rituals’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.