Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,962 members, 7,806,784 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:58 PM

Fathers, What Will You Do If A Pastor Cozas Your Daughter? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Fathers, What Will You Do If A Pastor Cozas Your Daughter? (1522 Views)

The Pioneers (Fathers) Of The Christian Faith In Nigeria / On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- / Should Women Be Allowed To Preach On The Altar Or To Become A Pastor? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fathers, What Will You Do If A Pastor Cozas Your Daughter? by DrummaBoy(m): 9:15pm On Aug 25, 2013
I have a twenty month daughter and after God and her mother, she is everything to me. I understand better the Fatherhood of God as her father her. I cannot count how many times I have denied myself so she maybe provided for. She is simply adorable and I thank God everyday for giving her to us/me.

Now, let me fast forward some twenty one years from now. My baby has graduated from school. I eke out some saving and collect a loan and send her for her PG in a London school. She returns two years after with a degree and a promise of a good job and I am here beaming with pride.

But at close examination of my sweetheart, I notice she mostly moody, sad, withdrawn and possibly heart broken. I re assure her God is faithful 'U are not too old to be married', assuming it is the usual marriage wahala for young girls her age.

One day she comes into my room and tells me that a Pastor has 'COZA' her and she goes on and on...

For all fathers what will U do if U are Ese Walters father?
Re: Fathers, What Will You Do If A Pastor Cozas Your Daughter? by passionate88: 10:12pm On Aug 25, 2013
Aluunation, I go Aluuaised the guy, I go ****

1 Like

Re: Fathers, What Will You Do If A Pastor Cozas Your Daughter? by cyrexx: 6:06am On Aug 26, 2013
Lol.

Somebody COZANIZED your daughter, next thing is to ALUUNIZE him.

Naija people, una no go kill person with lafta for here o.

1 Like

Re: Fathers, What Will You Do If A Pastor Cozas Your Daughter? by Nobody: 6:42am On Aug 26, 2013
I will bokoharamize the bastard.
Re: Fathers, What Will You Do If A Pastor Cozas Your Daughter? by DrummaBoy(m): 10:51am On Aug 26, 2013
Thanks guys for the contribution. But on a more serious note, I had to seriously look up the issue because I am a parent too and in all of this controversy no one is considering what the parent may be thinking or how they may be feeling.

What Pastor Biodun did is simply to take advantage of a young naive and easily impressionable young woman. It is generally known that women's weakness is in words spoken to them. I, as an aspiring minister, realized long time ago that this is the reason the scripture commands a minister to be married and for that minister's wife to satisfy him adequately. If not, the women that listen to such a man will fall for him and if he is the type with the libido of a Tiger Woods, he would take advantage of the those ladies under him. Every one that has led a Christian fellowship or preached anywhere, as a man, knows what I am talking about.

The other tragedy relating to the story of this man's philandering is the fact that even though some ministers are not like Pastor Biodun (although if a honest stats is taking, it will be discovered that only a few gospel ministers have not slept with another woman other than their wife in ministry), virtually all of them are guilty of taking advantage of the members of their church. Follow this logic: As the head of my home, needs arise. When this happens I try to meet it. If I cannot, I call my wife to help. If both of us cannot, we pray, trust God and wait. Most times, God meets the need. Now imagine a need arise in church. The church has her provision through the tithes (for those who believe in it) and offering that comes to it. But when these are not sufficient to meet a need in church, church leaders resort to members to give, make a pledge or promises. My point is if this need truly can be met by God, why do you have to take advantage of people to give further. It like a need arising in my home and then I taking advantage of my position and power in some other place to raise finances to meet this need. So Pastor Biodun took advantage of the girls in his church physically but many other do so spiritually.

Truth is these Pastors are taking advantage of God's people: God's children. If so far the father on this thread have responded with indignation at what they would do if anyone takes advantage of their daughters sexually, you can imagine how God, our Father, feels when the church is taken advantage of spiritually. It is a grave sin.

Jesus:

Matthew 21:12 And Jesus went into the temple of God, and cast out all them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers, and the seats of them that sold doves, 13 And said unto them, It is written, My house shall be called the house of prayer; but ye have made it a den of thieves.

Paul:

2Corinthians 11:2 For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ. 3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtlety, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. 4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him...13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. 14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. 15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works...19 For ye suffer fools gladly, seeing ye yourselves are wise. 20 For ye suffer, if a man bring you into bondage, if a man devour you, if a man take of you, if a man exalt himself, if a man smite you on the face... 27 In weariness and painfulness, in watchings often, in hunger and thirst, in fastings often, in cold and unclothedness. 28 Beside those things that are without, that which cometh upon me daily, the care of all the churches. 29 Who is weak, and I am not weak? who is offended, and I burn not?

While everything Paul wrote up there is worth taking note of, see v. 28-29 where he talks of his concern for the churches: for the weak and for those offended. That is what happens when a minister takes advantage of those he is called to take care of; he offends them and it is a grave sin.

Peter:

1 Peter 5:1 The elders which are among you I exhort, who am also an elder, and a witness of the sufferings of Christ, and also a partaker of the glory that shall be revealed: 2 Feed the flock of God which is among you, taking the oversight thereof, not by constraint, but willingly; not for filthy lucre, but of a ready mind; 3 Neither as being lords over God's heritage, but being ensamples to the flock. 4 And when the chief Shepherd shall appear, ye shall receive a crown of glory that fadeth not away.

That is the job of a Pastor and not sleeping with the girls or asking them for money for building projects.

John:

3 John 9 I wrote unto the church: but Diotrephes, who loveth to have the preeminence among them, receiveth us not. 10 Wherefore, if I come, I will remember his deeds which he doeth, prating against us with malicious words: and not content therewith, neither doth he himself receive the brethren, and forbiddeth them that would, and casteth them out of the church. 11 Beloved, follow not that which is evil, but that which is good. He that doeth good is of God: but he that doeth evil hath not seen God.

I hear some people come to this forum telling us that Pastor Biodun does not owe his congregation or anyone else an explanation. They are foolish people that say such things and it is obvious they don't know what the bible commands a true Pastor to do in regards to shepherding the flock. The fact that more ladies, having being emboldened by Ese's story, have come out to say that this man took advantage of them, shows the matter is confirmed. That Pastor and other pastors like him are as guilty as sin.

On a final note, if Pastor Biodun had taken this scripture serious he would not be in the mess he is in right now:

1 Timoth 5:1 Rebuke not an elder, but entreat him as a father; and the younger men as brethren; 2 The elder women as mothers; the younger as sisters, with all purity

That is the job of a true Pastor to the young girls under him. He has defiled a daughter of God and while some of us fathers wish him the worst, God the true Father of all will judge him with a righteous judgement. I hand him over to God.

1 Like

Re: Fathers, What Will You Do If A Pastor Cozas Your Daughter? by DrummaBoy(m): 11:24am On Aug 26, 2013
Re: Fathers, What Will You Do If A Pastor Cozas Your Daughter? by truthislight: 12:38pm On Aug 26, 2013
cyrexx: Lol.

Somebody COZANIZED your daughter, next thing is to ALUUNIZE him.

Naija people, una no go kill person with lafta for here o.

Lol @t "COZAS" .

The op ^ na bad guy.

Op, you have Permanented this "COZAr thing to mean sexx o!

1 Like

Re: Fathers, What Will You Do If A Pastor Cozas Your Daughter? by sammynaijaguy(m): 12:53pm On Aug 26, 2013
this ese babe is strong wink i must tell you guys
Re: Fathers, What Will You Do If A Pastor Cozas Your Daughter? by Nobody: 1:17pm On Aug 26, 2013
I think if we instil morals in our children , they will not behave immorally , we should also warn them of fake pastors who camouflage their sinister motives with the name of Christ.
Re: Fathers, What Will You Do If A Pastor Cozas Your Daughter? by 2blunt: 1:45pm On Aug 26, 2013

1 Like

Re: Fathers, What Will You Do If A Pastor Cozas Your Daughter? by truthislight: 4:37pm On Aug 26, 2013
truthislight:

Lol @t "COZAS" .

The op ^ na bad guy.

Op, you have Permanented this "COZAr thing to mean sexx o!

(1) (Reply)

Watchtower And Awake: The Most Distributed Magazines In The World / Giving Money To Beggars Isn’t Kindness, It’scruelty / HAJJ: History Of Tragedies Till Date(photos Included)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.