Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,545 members, 7,809,003 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:56 PM

Governor Chime - I Was Amused Reading My Obituaries - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Chime - I Was Amused Reading My Obituaries (12858 Views)

Governor Chime Denies Detaining His Wife / Chinua Achebe's Obituaries - A Compilation / Enugu Governor, Chime Is Dead - Punch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Chime - I Was Amused Reading My Obituaries by Bash92(m): 10:51pm On Aug 25, 2013
Says it’s Nsukka’s turn to be gov in 2015
AS he strode to a more relaxing seat from the exalted one where he signs the executive decisions that run Enugu State, Governor Sullivan Iheanacho Chime set the mood for the interview at the Lion Building, Enugu, his official quarters.

He sat just a metre away. Our feet could have been touching if he did not cross his in a regal posture that he varied as the interview ran. His towering presence made one instantly think of a basketball professional in other climes. He was snug. He seemed to have put aside the trappings of office for the thrills of this encounter.

The handshake was firm, not beyond a clench that could have suggested bellicosity. He was in high spirits, discussing his health with unpractised frankness. “I was amused reading the reports about me, especially the several obituaries,” he said, as he went on talking about his recovery.

A long queue of guests was waiting for him. He was to conclude the day’s business by 4am and was back at work after a few hours’ sleep. It is a routine he maintains. Enugu, the challenges of re-inventing a 101-year-old city, and his joy at the opening of the Akanu Ibiam International Airport radiated as he accounted for his six years in office.
With two years to the end of his administration, Governor Chime talked as if he was writing his handing over notes. He bantered and countered as we talked Enugu politics, the opposition andhis position on 2015 and the race to succeed him.

“It may be interesting to know if those who opposed the building of the mall at Polo Park are not among the regular shoppers,” he joked about the fiery army of opposition, whose voices are drowning in the flood of plaudits over his performance.

A lawyer by training, but a practical politician dedicated to the people, he said the matter of Nsukka (Enugu North) producing the next governor was not a promise, but an agreement that equity and justice support. “It did not have to be written, such things are never written,” he said.

What follows is Governor Chime, mostly in his own words…
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/08/cancer-saga-i-was-amused-reading-my-obituaries-gov-chime/
Re: Governor Chime - I Was Amused Reading My Obituaries by opei(m): 11:01pm On Aug 25, 2013
Hmmm. Good story.
Re: Governor Chime - I Was Amused Reading My Obituaries by nnanyereugo(m): 11:40pm On Aug 25, 2013
Wey Emeka? Ehen.. Emeka com com com.............. No b u tel m say dis man died of HIV?
Emeka: na so i...i....i.. Hear am.
ME: idiot, u hear am? abi u bin tel m say na confirmd story?
Emeka: guy no blame m nah, d man bin stay 4 long 4 dia so i com invent a story giv am.
ME: may GOD 4gv u.....
Emeka: amen... (Walks away wit shame)

2 Likes

Re: Governor Chime - I Was Amused Reading My Obituaries by Nightshift(m): 12:21am On Aug 26, 2013
Governor Chime has been a blessing to Enugu state. He has worked hard for the state ; shown his love for the city of Enugu and laid a foundation for future growth.
I hope whoever takes over from him will sustain his programmes, and invest more capital in opening up the state's countryside.
New roads like the new Trans - Ekulu - Eha Alumona - Ikem road should be built, connecting Southern Nkanu with Agwu areas through Amurri, Nike town with Akpugo, Udi with Ezeagu/ Oji River etc.

The state government should also work on a longterm plan of introducing a shuttle train service between Oduma- Achara, Enugu - Emene / Eha- Amufu railways.
A new 5km rail track that links ESUTH to Agbani station should also be considered. What the state government need is a special arrangement with Nigeria Railway Corporation.
The new train stations at Orie Emene, Ogbete Main Market, Ziks Avenue and Maryland will all be useful for commuting passengers.

4 Likes

Re: Governor Chime - I Was Amused Reading My Obituaries by Nobody: 9:27am On Aug 26, 2013
#takes a deep breath.

How e take affect garri price?
Re: Governor Chime - I Was Amused Reading My Obituaries by Damojo: 9:28am On Aug 26, 2013
U were amused, some people on Nairaland were delighted!

1 Like

Re: Governor Chime - I Was Amused Reading My Obituaries by nerodenero: 9:31am On Aug 26, 2013
Two things are involved!
1. It is either you will live long or
2. You will die soon
My prayer is that you live long ooooo.

1 Like

Re: Governor Chime - I Was Amused Reading My Obituaries by wheesin(m): 9:31am On Aug 26, 2013
[color=#000099][/color] @OP wat were you saying at the beginning of the post...it looked like you were narrating a novel...

anyways chime keep your heart clean and you no go die...lwkmd... ESE ?
Re: Governor Chime - I Was Amused Reading My Obituaries by kennyonthrone(m): 9:32am On Aug 26, 2013
EverestdeBliu: who is chime,is he the new Barca player? He scored @ their last match u knw?
c'aw u makin a mess of ur common sense,indeed common sense aint common afteral
Re: Governor Chime - I Was Amused Reading My Obituaries by EverestdeBliu(m): 9:33am On Aug 26, 2013
who is chime,is he the new Barca player? He scored @ their last match u knw?
Re: Governor Chime - I Was Amused Reading My Obituaries by datsmee: 9:36am On Aug 26, 2013
Y should u b amused when politicians in naija don't provide little or no info on issues dey should have. What u(politicians) are simply saying is dat d masses should assume watever and spread d rumors. Dats wat happen in ur case
Re: Governor Chime - I Was Amused Reading My Obituaries by Nobody: 9:38am On Aug 26, 2013
That's life.
Re: Governor Chime - I Was Amused Reading My Obituaries by Iwunzechinazor(f): 9:38am On Aug 26, 2013
Hmmmmm....indeed a story!
Re: Governor Chime - I Was Amused Reading My Obituaries by jkendy(m): 9:40am On Aug 26, 2013
A dying-sitting Governor can still rule in Nigeria, so why's Chime amused about his obituary with all the DOLLARS IN THE BANK !!!
Re: Governor Chime - I Was Amused Reading My Obituaries by Lordave: 9:49am On Aug 26, 2013
You are a working governor, hence, you won't be obituariated!
grin
Re: Governor Chime - I Was Amused Reading My Obituaries by Nobody: 9:49am On Aug 26, 2013
Lol
His joke about those who opposed the building of the mall at polo park is on me.
Was among the people that compained heavily cos polo park used to be the only happening place where I unwhine each time I visit coal city. But now I cant visit Enugu without going to Shoprite, movies et'al repeatedly before leaving.

Guess developement comes with its attendant regrets which are quickly forgorten once its over and done with.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Chime - I Was Amused Reading My Obituaries by iamswizz(m): 9:50am On Aug 26, 2013
Re: Governor Chime - I Was Amused Reading My Obituaries by blocker: 9:54am On Aug 26, 2013
grin grin I can understand his amusement on the rumuors of his death. But why is his wife not amused at houses and cars giving to girls wearing bomb-shorts all over town?
Re: Governor Chime - I Was Amused Reading My Obituaries by unmask: 9:55am On Aug 26, 2013
well glad for the man, heard he is working well in enugu......however, I have a problem with this enugu north or nsukka or anambra north producing the next governor mantra that seems to pervade the east.....quick question if the candidate from enugu south is far far better than the best from enugu north, do you still field him/her?
Re: Governor Chime - I Was Amused Reading My Obituaries by Gboliwe: 10:07am On Aug 26, 2013
Long live the governor!
Re: Governor Chime - I Was Amused Reading My Obituaries by Nobody: 10:26am On Aug 26, 2013
dnt be amused joo.....save it for d real one. meanwhyl, i just cant wait for Road Block this year! Hope he brings a foreign artist.
Re: Governor Chime - I Was Amused Reading My Obituaries by pumpingmachine: 10:26am On Aug 26, 2013
Mr Governor, no be laughing matter.
Re: Governor Chime - I Was Amused Reading My Obituaries by irecruit(m): 10:28am On Aug 26, 2013
i don't know what to call my friend that tell me that this man is dead!! Nigerians they can talk both the good and the bad i always knew that nothing will happen to this man. Governor Chime, no wahala for you again, live and enjoy your life as a governor that is well to do. those that dick your early crave will fall into it in Jesus name...
Re: Governor Chime - I Was Amused Reading My Obituaries by gerrardomendes(m): 10:29am On Aug 26, 2013
what is Gov. Chime. is it a name of a person, animal, place or thing?
Re: Governor Chime - I Was Amused Reading My Obituaries by Nobody: 10:32am On Aug 26, 2013
To think that I even believed that story undecidedundecidedundecided. Such is life
Re: Governor Chime - I Was Amused Reading My Obituaries by 2ndChance: 10:34am On Aug 26, 2013
Okay. Good to know you're alive. But are you the eastern Governor who purpotedly impregnated his sister-in-law? Just asking undecided
Re: Governor Chime - I Was Amused Reading My Obituaries by dareyking(m): 10:48am On Aug 26, 2013
Ermmm!! abeg mke una no vex i jst say mke i *stone Mods and run away*..
Re: Governor Chime - I Was Amused Reading My Obituaries by Peterboy1(m): 10:53am On Aug 26, 2013
Nsukka deje nu ooooooooooo

its our turn to rule Enugu state

we are occupying Lion building come 2015
Re: Governor Chime - I Was Amused Reading My Obituaries by EverestdeBliu(m): 11:04am On Aug 26, 2013
kennyonthrone: c'aw u makin a mess of ur common sense,indeed common sense aint common afteral
shh! Dnt attack me,i only asked a question n sinz u had no answer to it,d commonest of d common sense u talked about n have not, would have made u shut the pit toilet u call a mouth...mtcheew!
Re: Governor Chime - I Was Amused Reading My Obituaries by paulokougha: 11:28am On Aug 26, 2013
So you dont want to die. Naija sweet.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cynicism Trails Ogoni Cleanup After Ceremonial Flag Off / Dambazzau: Atiku Will Suffer A Bloodied Nose In 2019 / Lawan Shuaibu Is PDP Mole - APC NWC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.