Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,046 members, 7,799,544 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 April 2024 at 12:30 AM

Hit And Run Vehicle Kills Middle-Aged Man At Onipanu Bus Stop - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hit And Run Vehicle Kills Middle-Aged Man At Onipanu Bus Stop (12113 Views)

Mad Man At Lagos State Secretariat Alausa Demanding To See Ambode(photos) / Accident At Onipanu If You Heading Towards maryland / Graphic Photos: Train Crushes Middle Aged Man At Agege Railway Station (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hit And Run Vehicle Kills Middle-Aged Man At Onipanu Bus Stop by timmy(m): 10:19am On Aug 26, 2013
I almost hit someone at the same area 2 nights ago. Its was just God, cos i didn't see the young guy crossing. It was just in the second i decided to use my full light i saw something in black crossing, right under the pedestrian bridge , i was scared to the spine. I Hit the breaks to a loud screech..

Its risky for motorist to drive slowly at that road as robbery incidents happen there alot. I've heard cases of ppl whose windscreens where smashed with stones or raw eggs. Gosh, who knows, i just might have been the second hit and run, or probably in jail for someone.

Thank you baba God!!
Re: Hit And Run Vehicle Kills Middle-Aged Man At Onipanu Bus Stop by Nobody: 10:30am On Aug 26, 2013
Cybertooth: Nigeria... A land of mishaps

It coulda happened anywhere in the world.
Positivity can't possibly kill you!
Re: Hit And Run Vehicle Kills Middle-Aged Man At Onipanu Bus Stop by Nobody: 10:30am On Aug 26, 2013
May he RIP.
Re: Hit And Run Vehicle Kills Middle-Aged Man At Onipanu Bus Stop by tellwisdom: 10:45am On Aug 26, 2013
Don't risk crossing an express. Use the overhead bridge/pedestrian walk. Its more safer and risk free. sad

"Make i run cross" is not advisable. Be warned!
Re: Hit And Run Vehicle Kills Middle-Aged Man At Onipanu Bus Stop by SailorXY: 10:51am On Aug 26, 2013
If it was day time & d driver stopped, he may have been lynched by "sympathizers" or thrown in Police net & part with a large sum of money. Some people just cause trouble for others out of nothing
Re: Hit And Run Vehicle Kills Middle-Aged Man At Onipanu Bus Stop by OgidiOlu3(m): 11:00am On Aug 26, 2013
At 10.45pm, the lights on the bridge would have probably been switched off and trust me, taking the bridge might not be a good idea. So, the guy must have thought of this and decided to take the "risk" of crossing the express and since it was a sunday night, fewer vehicles would be on the road. I don't rily blame the guy tho. He must av been scared of the hoodlums that'll be on/around the bridge at that time of the day. RIP to him anyway and I hope the government will try to leave the lights on the bridge on till daybreak.
Re: Hit And Run Vehicle Kills Middle-Aged Man At Onipanu Bus Stop by rofemiguwa(f): 11:13am On Aug 26, 2013
RIPp to d dead.but I use that bridge everyday coz I live around dere.the light is on always.I have used the bridge by 11ppm dou it wasn't on a sunday.lots of peopple like shortcut.a few minutes walk is a burden.d sad pppart is attyms d amount of time they spend waiting for the road to clear I would have climbed up and am already on my way down to d odr side.please always use d bridge whenever u see one.this guy might jus stil be alive if he had used 2mins to climb that bridge
Ogidi-Olu:
At 10.45pm, the lights on the bridge would have probably been switched off and trust me, taking the bridge might not be a good idea. So, the guy must have thought of this and decided to take the "risk" of crossing the express and since it was a sunday night, fewer vehicles would be on the road. I don't rily blame the guy tho. He must av been scared of the hoodlums that'll be on/around the bridge at that time of the day. RIP to him anyway and I hope the government will try to leave the lights on the bridge on till daybreak.
Re: Hit And Run Vehicle Kills Middle-Aged Man At Onipanu Bus Stop by moscobabs(m): 11:18am On Aug 26, 2013
I beg which age is Middle age pls??
Re: Hit And Run Vehicle Kills Middle-Aged Man At Onipanu Bus Stop by nokingasgod: 11:21am On Aug 26, 2013
jagabanban:

Oga Damojo,

That bridge has lighting. In fact, the entire Ikorodu Road is lit at night all the way to Mile 12. There was barricade at that particular spot (and several other spots on the Road) but people tore it down.

If the guy got robbed on the bridge as you implied, he "may" still have his life.

I am not apportioning blame to anyone here. However, whatever decision we take in life has risks. I guess he took the risk that led to his demise.

RIP to him anyways.

Absolutely on point and in addition, it is technically wrong to imply the driver was ''hit and run''. There is no Zebra Crossing on that particular spot and it will be an offense for a driver to stop/halt or slow down unnecessarily, it is an ''Expressway''. The driver has committed no offense!

1 Like

Re: Hit And Run Vehicle Kills Middle-Aged Man At Onipanu Bus Stop by dossantos1: 11:25am On Aug 26, 2013
Damojo: Everybody here is criticizing that the guy should have used the pedestrian bridge. What if he did and get robbed on the bridge and he's thrown down by a hoodlum. Did you see the time? 10:45PM! May God help us, they should just create well-lit pedestrian bridges in the state, put baricades around the crossing areas and make life worth living for its citizens. DAMN! God help my nation!!

guy u r not making sense. do you even bother to enquire how the pedestrian bridge loooks like. there is no hoodlum on dat bridge. it is well lit throoughout the night with security man always manning his poositions there. i use that bridge everyday, both as early as 5am and as late as 10 in d night. lets stop blaming govt for everything even when we are at fault
Re: Hit And Run Vehicle Kills Middle-Aged Man At Onipanu Bus Stop by dossantos1: 11:28am On Aug 26, 2013
MzXtacy: Wait o... Wait... Make una wait... THE CORPSE IS STILL LYING THERE!!! Since lastnite! God which kind country be dis na... Smh!!

yeah it shud serve as a sermon to others to desist 4rm crossing d road. they shud use d bridge
Re: Hit And Run Vehicle Kills Middle-Aged Man At Onipanu Bus Stop by twinskenny(m): 11:35am On Aug 26, 2013
this is not the first time. even on that spot. but ppl will not learn

there is pedestrian bridge but then they wont make use of it
Re: Hit And Run Vehicle Kills Middle-Aged Man At Onipanu Bus Stop by 2ndChance: 11:43am On Aug 26, 2013
Incidents like this are a daily occurence on Ikorodu road. You have pedestrian bridges at Onipanu and Fadeyi but you still find pedestrians sprinting across the 12 or 16-lane expressway in droves. A lot more enlighenment needs to be done on the dangers inherent in such practices by the Lagos State Govt and I hope the authorities concerned will be quick to remove the corpse before it poses a health hazard to the environment.
May the soul of the deceased rest in peace.
Re: Hit And Run Vehicle Kills Middle-Aged Man At Onipanu Bus Stop by coastalqueen: 11:56am On Aug 26, 2013
Almost everyday, there's a similar accident on that road for the same reason. its sad. One night about two years ago, i was about climbing the Pedestrian bridge when i saw a woman backing a baby and holding two kids, trying to cross that road. i was so disgusted.
Re: Hit And Run Vehicle Kills Middle-Aged Man At Onipanu Bus Stop by metti(m): 12:11pm On Aug 26, 2013
Maxymilliano:

But there's no Pedestrian bridge at Garrison, the incident at Onipanu could have been avoided ...
You are wrong, there is a pedestrian bridge at Garrison just close to the new hospital. The problem is the distance of the bridge to the junction as a result pedestrians have abandoned it.
Re: Hit And Run Vehicle Kills Middle-Aged Man At Onipanu Bus Stop by dossantos1: 12:12pm On Aug 26, 2013
Ogidi-Olu:

bros dat bridge light is always on throughout d night. stop making excuse for foolishness
Re: Hit And Run Vehicle Kills Middle-Aged Man At Onipanu Bus Stop by aykay45(m): 12:36pm On Aug 26, 2013
Some peeps sef, though d pedestrain bridge in onipanu is stressful to climb buh I see no reason y we shldnt climb it.
Moreover like ma sis normally say its even understandable wen u cross in d morning probably u are rushing to work, buh no reason y u shld cross at night, cos u house won't run away or der's nobody der sef to sack u for coming late
Moreover at anytime its not justifyable to cross d express way wen u av a pedestrain bridge at d exac bstop
Re: Hit And Run Vehicle Kills Middle-Aged Man At Onipanu Bus Stop by redfly(m): 12:40pm On Aug 26, 2013
Cybertooth: Nigeria... A land of mishaps
Your family is a family of mishaps.

Idiota
Re: Hit And Run Vehicle Kills Middle-Aged Man At Onipanu Bus Stop by mrofficial(m): 12:58pm On Aug 26, 2013
kennyonthrone: Lol! @ Hit nd run gat d'naughti me tinkin kuz me gat a d/f definition of Hit nd run.

R.I.P 2 u man i knw wen u left ur home u werent xpectin dis but dat nigga mr Death comes weneva it pleases him even witout a pre-notice

Likewise! There is no case of hit and run on the scenario because a pedestrian bridge is by Onipanu Bus-stop.

R.I.P to him
Re: Hit And Run Vehicle Kills Middle-Aged Man At Onipanu Bus Stop by mrofficial(m): 1:05pm On Aug 26, 2013
Godson201333:

The car that killed that man might not have its head lamp on,who knows

Truly. A pedestrian bridge should be linked with the overhead bridge there. Or just have a pedestrian bridge built by it side.
Re: Hit And Run Vehicle Kills Middle-Aged Man At Onipanu Bus Stop by dabossman(m): 1:06pm On Aug 26, 2013
metti:
You are wrong, there is a pedestrian bridge at Garrison just close to the new hospital. The problem is the distance of the bridge to the junction as a result pedestrians have abandoned it.

Thank you very much for this comment. You see sometimes you might have to walk about 30-50 metres to the pedestrian bridge before crossing and another 50 metres back to your destination on the other side, but Naija people don't have that patience. This is the same reason why almost everyone wants commercial buses to stop right in front of their house instead of the designated bus-stop. Just because they don't want to take a walk.

There are two pedestrian bridges at Oshodi barely 50 metres apart, and people still dash across the road. Better late than sorry folks.
Re: Hit And Run Vehicle Kills Middle-Aged Man At Onipanu Bus Stop by MajHeadache: 1:07pm On Aug 26, 2013
nah GEJ fault.

abi i lie? my APC etouts over to you
Re: Hit And Run Vehicle Kills Middle-Aged Man At Onipanu Bus Stop by vanhelsing2099(m): 1:16pm On Aug 26, 2013
Onipanu bridge is 1 of d best in lagos state

Security room,always light,covered bridge(no space 2 b thrown) wif a camera

So wat d Bleep re u sayin
Re: Hit And Run Vehicle Kills Middle-Aged Man At Onipanu Bus Stop by ceejay80s(m): 1:29pm On Aug 26, 2013
His death NA sara, there is a brigde at that bus stop, but dem dey too lazy to take the bridge ,DEM plenty wey dey do am,see wetin laziness dey cause?
@ OP, change the topic to
MAN COMMITS SUCIDE AT IKORODU RD ONIPANU
Re: Hit And Run Vehicle Kills Middle-Aged Man At Onipanu Bus Stop by ajf(m): 1:35pm On Aug 26, 2013
dos-santos:

yeah it shud serve as a sermon to others to desist 4rm crossing d road. they shud use d bridge
What is this one saying??
Re: Hit And Run Vehicle Kills Middle-Aged Man At Onipanu Bus Stop by Horus(m): 1:35pm On Aug 26, 2013
Re: Hit And Run Vehicle Kills Middle-Aged Man At Onipanu Bus Stop by ceejay80s(m): 1:39pm On Aug 26, 2013
Cori_corde: Oh my! cry

God, please, protect my loved ones from evil.
If he protects ur loved ones, what about u and ur unloved ones?
Re: Hit And Run Vehicle Kills Middle-Aged Man At Onipanu Bus Stop by OgidiOlu3(m): 1:42pm On Aug 26, 2013
dos-santos:

bros dat bridge light is always on throughout d night. stop making excuse for foolishness

It's been a while I passed there at night though but the last time I did, it wasn't on. The only thing that made me take the bridge was because I saw many people taking it.
Re: Hit And Run Vehicle Kills Middle-Aged Man At Onipanu Bus Stop by boladez(m): 1:48pm On Aug 26, 2013
....May God be with the guys family. He committed suicide! Whether there is light or security or not.....Goats (in human skin) still dart across the expressway.

......Go to Motorways, Alapere, carwash, iyana oworo busstops along the Berger to TMB route every morning. Even with the generators and security men. Goats still prefer to run across the roads.

No excuse at all. Must you waste for Lastma or KAI to preserve your own life.
Re: Hit And Run Vehicle Kills Middle-Aged Man At Onipanu Bus Stop by ceejay80s(m): 1:53pm On Aug 26, 2013
masonkz:

Whilst I'm not totally blaming the guy, but you do realize that such occurrences of people crossing the express happen during day time too, when there's a bridge right in front of them.
Guy silence ,hoodlums at 10:30pm at onipanu bridge? I live near that area
Re: Hit And Run Vehicle Kills Middle-Aged Man At Onipanu Bus Stop by 2ndChance: 1:55pm On Aug 26, 2013
aykay45: Some peeps sef, though d pedestrain bridge in onipanu is stressful to climb buh I see no reason y we shldnt climb it.
Moreover like ma sis normally say its even understandable wen u cross in d morning probably u are rushing to work, buh no reason y u shld cross at night, cos u house won't run away or der's nobody der sef to sack u for coming late
Moreover at anytime its not justifyable to cross d express way wen u av a pedestrain bridge at d exac bstop
Pray make you no marry devilish woman. You will be more willing to die than get to the house late.
Re: Hit And Run Vehicle Kills Middle-Aged Man At Onipanu Bus Stop by ceejay80s(m): 1:59pm On Aug 26, 2013
timmy: I almost hit someone at the same area 2 nights ago. Its was just God, cos i didn't see the young guy crossing. It was just in the second i decided to use my full light i saw something in black crossing, right under the pedestrian bridge , i was scared to the spine. I Hit the breaks to a loud screech..

Its risky for motorist to drive slowly at that road as robbery incidents happen there alot. I've heard cases of ppl whose windscreens where smashed with stones or raw eggs. Gosh, who knows, i just might have been the second hit and run, or probably in jail for someone.

Thank you baba God!!
Abi NA u kill am?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Have Made Nigeria Better, Buhari Insists Despite Evidence To The Contrary - PT / FG Budgets N4trn For Expenditures No One Accounts For / Bello Addresses Protesters Over Poor Power Supply In Niger State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.