Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,883 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:34 AM

My Dad Wept When Buhari Made Him His Running Mate - Tunde Bakare’s Daughter - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Dad Wept When Buhari Made Him His Running Mate - Tunde Bakare’s Daughter (27843 Views)

Osinbajo At Tunde Bakare's Daughter's Wedding (photos) / Niger Delta: Buhari Made Me Cry Today, Essien Attah / Babagana Monguno: Meet The Man That Buhari Made National Security Adviser (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Dad Wept When Buhari Made Him His Running Mate - Tunde Bakare’s Daughter by Flirtyfemi: 1:51am On Aug 26, 2013
In a recent interview, Pastor Tunde Bakare's daughter, Olubunmi Bakare - a Political Science graduate from the Emory University, Atlanta, United States - disclosed that her dad was actually coerced into running for the 2011 election as Gen. Muhammadu Buhari's VP.
She revealed thus:

"Let me tell you a story about that. I was the only one at home the day Gen. Muhammadu Buhari called him. He was downstairs and I was upstairs. After receiving the call, he ran to my room and broke down in tears. I have never seen my dad cry except for some scenes in one or two Nollywood movies. I have not actually seen him cry. I asked him what the matter was. He said Gen. Buhari just called and asked him to be his running mate. He said people would think his stance on the state of the nation was for political office whereas it was never his intention. I told him the development was totally different from what he stood for because I know that the overriding interest of my father is the growth and development of the country.

I remember some of the things he had told us when he was growing up about his love for Nigeria’s advancement. I also remember the dream I had earlier about my father having a significant role to play in the reshaping of Nigeria. I then told him to accept the offer because I know he has a very pure heart."

How did you feel when he lost the election[b][/b]?
The family accepted the outcome with a sense of pride. This is because a lot of people see so many things that are wrong but when it comes to the point of laying their lives and everything they have on the line, they shy away from that responsibility.

We were all involved in the electioneering. Though not all of us were around but my mother, siblings and I were with him when he was on the campaign tour. My father did his best. He also accepted the outcome in good fate. But I know that ultimately, he did what he was supposed to do at that moment in time and the end will justify the means.
If he decides to contest again will you encourage him?

Definitely I will. My father is not a rash man. I know him to be extremely thoughtful. He reflects and prays. I know that whatever he does is because he has clarity in his spirit and God will support him. He is not doing all of this because he wants anything for himself. By God’s grace, he worked hard and God has favoured him.

http://www.kemifilani.com/2013/08/my-dad-wept-when-buhari-made-him-his.html

8 Likes

Re: My Dad Wept When Buhari Made Him His Running Mate - Tunde Bakare’s Daughter by biafranqueen: 2:04am On Aug 26, 2013
She is right about laying your life on the line. Politics is a dangerous game in Nigeria. Money is only sweet when it is accompanied by peace of mind, I wonder how a so called man of God wants to be involved with poli tricks?

1 Like

Re: My Dad Wept When Buhari Made Him His Running Mate - Tunde Bakare’s Daughter by Brimmie(m): 2:11am On Aug 26, 2013
[size=20]HYPOCRITES!![/size]

17 Likes

Re: My Dad Wept When Buhari Made Him His Running Mate - Tunde Bakare’s Daughter by mrking3(m): 4:28am On Aug 26, 2013
Brimmie: [size=20]HYPOCRITES!![/size]
thank u for Boldly spelling it out! One word that skips M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ brain when it comes to spelling! Lols!
Re: My Dad Wept When Buhari Made Him His Running Mate - Tunde Bakare’s Daughter by Gboliwe: 6:07am On Aug 26, 2013
What else would I have expected from a political scientist? smh

4 Likes

Re: My Dad Wept When Buhari Made Him His Running Mate - Tunde Bakare’s Daughter by bcomputer101: 6:50am On Aug 26, 2013
Hum!

And Tunde Bakare wept.

4 Likes

Re: My Dad Wept When Buhari Made Him His Running Mate - Tunde Bakare’s Daughter by angelTI(f): 7:42am On Aug 26, 2013
Tunde Bakare was forced/called to be the VP? He cried?

Another story pls!

2 Likes

Re: My Dad Wept When Buhari Made Him His Running Mate - Tunde Bakare’s Daughter by holyvirgin: 8:11am On Aug 26, 2013
Eyaa...
Buhari also wept
Now we are told Bakare also wept!sad
Politics is for the strong not for cry babies.
GEJ before he became president we were told he had no shoes undecided but he knew that weeping can never take him to Aso rock may be nigerians are tired of people who keeps using their tears to blackmail them.
Someone should tell those duo to grow up jare. sad

17 Likes

Re: My Dad Wept When Buhari Made Him His Running Mate - Tunde Bakare’s Daughter by princesammmy: 8:14am On Aug 26, 2013
so what?

1 Like

Re: My Dad Wept When Buhari Made Him His Running Mate - Tunde Bakare’s Daughter by Sec5(m): 8:24am On Aug 26, 2013
Tears of joy

5 Likes

Re: My Dad Wept When Buhari Made Him His Running Mate - Tunde Bakare’s Daughter by homesteady(m): 8:55am On Aug 26, 2013
How many bucket of tears did he cry!! Mtcheew! Next please!!

2 Likes

Re: My Dad Wept When Buhari Made Him His Running Mate - Tunde Bakare’s Daughter by Caleboha(m): 9:05am On Aug 26, 2013
Hate him as you may, that dude stood up against the tyranny of the military in Nigeria and got jailed severally, something many so-called lovers of Nigeria were not bold enough to do. He spoke against the ills of government even when there was obviously nothing in it for him. His alliance with Buhari will remain a dent on his reputation but no man is above mistakes! It may have been one act of selfishness but he is only human. His critics easily forget when he spoke vehemently against Abacha and even allegedly prophesied his death, was that selfishness and hypocrisy too? undecided

45 Likes

Re: My Dad Wept When Buhari Made Him His Running Mate - Tunde Bakare’s Daughter by Nobody: 9:13am On Aug 26, 2013
Caleboha: Hate him as you may, that dude stood up against the tyrants of the military in Nigeria and got jailed severally, something many so-called lovers of Nigeria were not bold enough to do. He spoke against the ills of government even when there was obviously nothing in it for him. His alliance with Buhari will remain a dent on his reputation but no man is above mistakes! It may have been one act of selfishness but he is only human. His critics easily forget when he spoke vehemently against Abacha and even allegedly prophesied his death, was that selfishness and hypocrisy too? undecided

don't mind those kids who know next to nothing about their country than to spew crap.

11 Likes

Re: My Dad Wept When Buhari Made Him His Running Mate - Tunde Bakare’s Daughter by ginajet(f): 9:59am On Aug 26, 2013
make una help me ask d girl why she papa wept? Abi dem wan do shortest verse 4 bible? JESUS WEPT

2 Likes

Re: My Dad Wept When Buhari Made Him His Running Mate - Tunde Bakare’s Daughter by Lordave: 9:59am On Aug 26, 2013
Why did he weep?

1 Like

Re: My Dad Wept When Buhari Made Him His Running Mate - Tunde Bakare’s Daughter by Nobody: 10:00am On Aug 26, 2013
Another less important thread lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: My Dad Wept When Buhari Made Him His Running Mate - Tunde Bakare’s Daughter by crowntoro(f): 10:00am On Aug 26, 2013
when did he turn to Jesus wey wept in d bible? :Pwhen did he turn to Jesus wey wept in d bible?
Re: My Dad Wept When Buhari Made Him His Running Mate - Tunde Bakare’s Daughter by honsule(m): 10:02am On Aug 26, 2013
holyvirgin: Eyaa...
Buhari also wept
Now we are told Bakare also wept!sad
Politics is for the strong not for cry babies.
GEJ before he became president we were told he had no shoes undecided but he knew that weeping can never take him to Aso rock may be nigerians are tired of people who keeps using their tears to blackmail them.
Someone should tell those duo to grow up jare. sad

LOL cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: My Dad Wept When Buhari Made Him His Running Mate - Tunde Bakare’s Daughter by lincolnj88: 10:03am On Aug 26, 2013
Birds of the same feather flock together
Re: My Dad Wept When Buhari Made Him His Running Mate - Tunde Bakare’s Daughter by talktrue1(m): 10:03am On Aug 26, 2013
I also wept when I heard he accepted being Buhari's running mate

9 Likes

Re: My Dad Wept When Buhari Made Him His Running Mate - Tunde Bakare’s Daughter by Nobody: 10:04am On Aug 26, 2013
Funny
Re: My Dad Wept When Buhari Made Him His Running Mate - Tunde Bakare’s Daughter by adavetee(m): 10:06am On Aug 26, 2013
And so?
Re: My Dad Wept When Buhari Made Him His Running Mate - Tunde Bakare’s Daughter by jhydebaba(m): 10:08am On Aug 26, 2013
The girl dey kolo. Why she come dey expose her papa nyansh for main road now Make we follow join dem family cry Okay, she forget add say her papa cried me a river when he lost. Yeye pickin shocked

2 Likes

Re: My Dad Wept When Buhari Made Him His Running Mate - Tunde Bakare’s Daughter by ichommy(m): 10:08am On Aug 26, 2013
Funny
Re: My Dad Wept When Buhari Made Him His Running Mate - Tunde Bakare’s Daughter by saintvc(m): 10:09am On Aug 26, 2013
So after reading this we should all weep

1 Like

Re: My Dad Wept When Buhari Made Him His Running Mate - Tunde Bakare’s Daughter by 1shortblackboy: 10:10am On Aug 26, 2013
Sec5: Tears of joy
permit me to quote u sir cool
Re: My Dad Wept When Buhari Made Him His Running Mate - Tunde Bakare’s Daughter by kennyonthrone(m): 10:11am On Aug 26, 2013
Madam plz gv me one more plate
Re: My Dad Wept When Buhari Made Him His Running Mate - Tunde Bakare’s Daughter by Nobody: 10:11am On Aug 26, 2013
He wept. So what should we do? undecided. He should better follow Buhari to APC.

1 Like

Re: My Dad Wept When Buhari Made Him His Running Mate - Tunde Bakare’s Daughter by negbenebor(f): 10:12am On Aug 26, 2013
He made a mistake and he should admit it.

1 Like

Re: My Dad Wept When Buhari Made Him His Running Mate - Tunde Bakare’s Daughter by hollandis(f): 10:12am On Aug 26, 2013
lincolnj88: Birds of the same feather flock wept together

corrected!!! grin

3 Likes

Re: My Dad Wept When Buhari Made Him His Running Mate - Tunde Bakare’s Daughter by hollandis(f): 10:13am On Aug 26, 2013
talk true: I also wept when I heard he accepted being Buhari's running mate

lolz lmao
Re: My Dad Wept When Buhari Made Him His Running Mate - Tunde Bakare’s Daughter by esmeralda1(f): 10:15am On Aug 26, 2013
its so easy for pple to criticise and talk but to be d man to change is no small task, i respect the man of God for what he did and will even encourage as many men of God as possible not d likes of Okotie though, cos when the righteous rules the city is at peace.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

#FreeEse:Emir Sanusi Denies Malicious Lies That Said He Refused To Help #freeese / Governor Umahi Welcomes Obasanjo To Ebonyi State (Photos) / Aisha Yesufu Reacts To Obasanjo’s Letter To Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.