Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:52 PM

J-Martins Reprimands Wizkid For 'Broke Fan' Comment - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / J-Martins Reprimands Wizkid For 'Broke Fan' Comment (16950 Views)

See A Fan Comment On Basketmouth's Wife Pic On Mama's Day / Twitter User Comes For Wizkid For Not Showing Up At Event He Collected Money For / Can You Forgive Wizkid For This ACT?? 18+ Picture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

J-Martins Reprimands Wizkid For 'Broke Fan' Comment by georjay(m): 12:06pm On Aug 26, 2013
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1272388_wizkid11111_jpg6e414f8b4daaa0dbbdca44368a85f1ae

J.martins in a recent interview on Hot Fm 98.3 Abuja reacted to Wizkid’s outburst after he (Wizkid) was told by a fan he needed to go back to school for his poor use of tenses. Wizkid had lashed back calling the writer a ‘broke fan’

J Martins on the show said ‘I’m not taking any side, don’t mean no beef, no disrespect, and no hate but let the truth be told. I don’t believe because you feel you have a few change you didn’t have a few years ago and which you cannot guarantee having in a few years to come then you wake up and look at those people who have cheered you up, loved you, supported your music, bought your CD’s, prayed for you, just because you can lay your hands on some phone and you call them ‘poor’. Am not in and will never be in support of anyone who has such bad attitude.

“It needs to be corrected, we owe our fans the duty of being good examples that’s why they hold us in high esteem, that’s why you are a role model and if you know you cannot be a good role model you have no business in Music. You don’t know if it’s that person that might help you tomorrow, whoever does that should be checked.
*The controversial tweets

*The controversial tweets

“You have to decide why you are in the music industry. If you know you cannot be a role model then you have no business being there”

Wizkid had written “Broke people always think they have an opinion” to a fan on his instagram page, after erroneously typing ‘i have an hangover’ just as he was about to perform at a wedding ceremony, leading to this fan to reply ‘you see why you have to go back to school’

Wizkid had been immediately immersed in retaliatory tweets from angry fans as soon the instagram exchange went viral. J.Martins is the first celebrity to make his comments on the issue.

Story by Charles Cheezy
- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/08/broke-fan-comments-j-martins-blasts-wizkid/#sthash.17oaEBys.dpuf

3 Likes

Re: J-Martins Reprimands Wizkid For 'Broke Fan' Comment by breadandtea(f): 12:14pm On Aug 26, 2013
Mtcheeew!! Abeg let dem go and drink tea and bread!

1 Like

Re: J-Martins Reprimands Wizkid For 'Broke Fan' Comment by tyson99(m): 12:14pm On Aug 26, 2013
Nice one J.martins

4 Likes

Re: J-Martins Reprimands Wizkid For 'Broke Fan' Comment by emmadiva(f): 12:29pm On Aug 26, 2013
that wizkid is just so arrogant

5 Likes

Re: J-Martins Reprimands Wizkid For 'Broke Fan' Comment by Airforce1(m): 12:44pm On Aug 26, 2013
J.martins should just shut de phuck up and go work on his ailing musical career.

No time.

1 Like

Re: J-Martins Reprimands Wizkid For 'Broke Fan' Comment by Nobody: 12:46pm On Aug 26, 2013
Seriously, Wizkid needs to go back to school. undecidedundecided. He might not be as lucky as Tu face.

3 Likes

Re: J-Martins Reprimands Wizkid For 'Broke Fan' Comment by lilmax(m): 1:04pm On Aug 26, 2013
which one be j.martins
Re: J-Martins Reprimands Wizkid For 'Broke Fan' Comment by flolancracker: 1:40pm On Aug 26, 2013
Airforce1: J.martins should just shut de phuck up and go work on his ailing musical career.

No time.
shut up bro. In terms of good dance videos, j martins is better than wizkid......"Ailing music career"? Bro, jmartins is all over africa. Nobody watches jmartins music videos without shaking a bone! Fΰck wizkid. He just lost a fan. And I did Think davido was †he arrogant one!

#skelewu tins abegg...

20 Likes

Re: J-Martins Reprimands Wizkid For 'Broke Fan' Comment by oluwadare26(m): 2:54pm On Aug 26, 2013
flolancracker: shut up bro. In terms of good dance videos, j martins is better than wizkid......"Ailing music career"? Bro, jmartins is all over africa. Nobody watches jmartins music videos without shaking a bone! Fΰck wizkid. He just lost a fan. And I did Think davido was †he arrogant one!

#skelewu tins abegg...

Yep, the truth must be told....but J.martins took it too personal..i mean, very personal. did he just say wizkid posses a little change that he can't even guarantee 4 some years to come? dats bad.

do u just compare wizkid to j-martins? dont try such...no matter the good videos, nice songs Martinas possess, he is far from where whizkid is. if Martins song is been listen to all over Africa, then Whizzy is all over d World.

No doubt about it Wizzy is hot-tempered, perharps he's thinking the guy want to make jest of him...., he should learn how to respect fans..

3 Likes

Re: J-Martins Reprimands Wizkid For 'Broke Fan' Comment by nerodenero: 1:42pm On Aug 27, 2013
For Wizkid:
1. No man is a fountain of knowledge. We are all learning and mistakes are always inevitable. Though we pay for ignorance but it is maturity to accept our shortcomings and make amends. He should have accepted the fact that he wasn't supposed to say 'an hangover' and correct himself accordingly. The matter would have died a natural death. Again, Wizkid should know that calling a fan 'poor' shows he is highly disrespectful. Without these fans, you are nobody. He should begin to learn as he is no longer a kid despite calling himself wiz-Kid.
For J-Martins
1. There was nothing wrong in correcting a young artist for a wrongdoing. Besides, Wizzy is like a younger brother to J-martins. Since Wizzy wont accept his fault, I suggest J-Martin should just ignore him and move on.

3 Likes

Re: J-Martins Reprimands Wizkid For 'Broke Fan' Comment by Eneze1(f): 1:44pm On Aug 27, 2013
none of my business, its called showbiz, don't be surprised if you see both of them tomorrow hugging

1 Like

Re: J-Martins Reprimands Wizkid For 'Broke Fan' Comment by ZN2: 1:45pm On Aug 27, 2013
nerodenero: For Wizkid:
1. No man is a fountain of knowledge. We are all learning and mistakes are always inevitable. Though we pay for ignorance but it is maturity to accept our shortcomings and make amends. He should have accepted the fact that he wasn't supposed to say 'an hangover' and correct himself accordingly. The matter would have died a natural death. Again, Wizkid should know that calling a fan 'poor' shows he is highly disrespectful. Without these fans, you are nobody. He should begin to learn as he is no longer a kid despite calling himself wiz-Kid.
For J-Martins
1. There was nothing wrong in correcting a young artist for a wrongdoing. Besides, Wizzy is like a younger brother to J-martins. Since Wizzy wont accept his fault, I suggest J-Martin should just ignore him and move on.

Couldn't have said it better.

Besides, how does he know the fellow is Broke? Dude needs to grow up. Not surprising. . .he's called WizKid.

3 Likes

Re: J-Martins Reprimands Wizkid For 'Broke Fan' Comment by Chiscomax(m): 1:47pm On Aug 27, 2013
yeeeeeeeessssssss.... i have been waiting for this, guess what? i am on the front page cool
Re: J-Martins Reprimands Wizkid For 'Broke Fan' Comment by Nobody: 1:47pm On Aug 27, 2013
Waiting for the day wizkid fans will grow up undecided
Re: J-Martins Reprimands Wizkid For 'Broke Fan' Comment by Mayany(m): 1:48pm On Aug 27, 2013
Who is to be Blame? Is it wiz pickin with so much money and can say/do what he feels like or these fanatics that keeps following them on twitter and fbook for reasons not known to me yet?Lets just learn to mind and bizness and nobody will insult anybody #shikena#

6 Likes

Re: J-Martins Reprimands Wizkid For 'Broke Fan' Comment by Chiscomax(m): 1:48pm On Aug 27, 2013
j martins, tell am word!!!!!

1 Like

Re: J-Martins Reprimands Wizkid For 'Broke Fan' Comment by Nobody: 1:48pm On Aug 27, 2013
wizkid. just lost a fan....

bro j martin get sense
Re: J-Martins Reprimands Wizkid For 'Broke Fan' Comment by mistybravo(m): 1:49pm On Aug 27, 2013
Who is J.Martins please? A footballer or a boxer Sorry, i have an hangover grin

2 Likes

Re: J-Martins Reprimands Wizkid For 'Broke Fan' Comment by Nobody: 1:49pm On Aug 27, 2013
One day I wiill become a celebrity and call my fans broke asse.s. Let's see d barga dat will be bold enuf to correct me. Wizkid did right
Re: J-Martins Reprimands Wizkid For 'Broke Fan' Comment by playboy19(m): 1:50pm On Aug 27, 2013
Abeg fu*ck all these broke asss people jor. Hangover na Hangover. Atleast na wetin the 'street' wey Wizkid dey sing for dey call ham be that. Why the idiootic fan dey form Wole Soyinka for tweeter. You dissed a guy who made an innocent update on 'HIS' tweeter account and expect not to get a reprisal? You gotta be kidding

Plus, who is J.Martins? Instead of him to go out there searching for the next african hitmaker to 'attache' himself with, he dey there dey form Holier than Thou

1 Like

Re: J-Martins Reprimands Wizkid For 'Broke Fan' Comment by Nobody: 1:50pm On Aug 27, 2013
dunno why anyone is replying that overgrown "kid" at all.
Kids will be kids so a kid shouldn't feel too bad when an adult reprimands him tho
Re: J-Martins Reprimands Wizkid For 'Broke Fan' Comment by Nobody: 1:51pm On Aug 27, 2013
bread and tea: Mtcheeew!! Abeg let dem go and drink tea and bread!

Must you comment? Go back to school.
Re: J-Martins Reprimands Wizkid For 'Broke Fan' Comment by alaoeri: 1:52pm On Aug 27, 2013
Wizkid abeg trend softly oh, learn a lesson from Eedris's arrogant & take a cue from 2baba humility.

2 Likes

Re: J-Martins Reprimands Wizkid For 'Broke Fan' Comment by Nobody: 1:54pm On Aug 27, 2013
And the writer of this story too needs to take some English classes.
'An' is not a tense. It is an indefinite article.
Re: J-Martins Reprimands Wizkid For 'Broke Fan' Comment by johnstar(m): 1:55pm On Aug 27, 2013
mistybravo: Who is J.Martins please? A footballer or a boxer Sorry, i have an hangover grin
a p•rnstar undecided
Re: J-Martins Reprimands Wizkid For 'Broke Fan' Comment by Airforce1(m): 1:55pm On Aug 27, 2013
flolancracker: shut up bro. In terms of good dance videos, j martins is better than wizkid......"Ailing music career"? Bro, jmartins is all over africa. Nobody watches jmartins music videos without shaking a bone! Fΰck wizkid. He just lost a fan. And I did Think davido was †he arrogant one!

#skelewu tins abegg...

Why u telling me to shut up for airing my opinion, what do u know about music?

Tis not as if u can sing.
Re: J-Martins Reprimands Wizkid For 'Broke Fan' Comment by frederal(m): 1:56pm On Aug 27, 2013
What do u expect from a kid...foolishness
Re: J-Martins Reprimands Wizkid For 'Broke Fan' Comment by Nobody: 1:56pm On Aug 27, 2013
Airforce1: J.martins should just shut de phuck up and go work on his ailing musical career.

No time.
You see your life? When do you escape from YABA left? MTCHEWWWWWW grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: J-Martins Reprimands Wizkid For 'Broke Fan' Comment by johnstar(m): 1:57pm On Aug 27, 2013
spongeback: Waiting for the day wizkid fans will grow up undecided
nd u r 1 of d fans undecided, u need 2 grow up cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: J-Martins Reprimands Wizkid For 'Broke Fan' Comment by WHIZBRO(m): 1:57pm On Aug 27, 2013
#20 man.... Click like if u wouldn't want ur siblings saying d@.

1 Like

Re: J-Martins Reprimands Wizkid For 'Broke Fan' Comment by Nobody: 1:58pm On Aug 27, 2013
Airforce1:

Why u telling me to shut up for airing my opinion, what do u know about music?

Tis not as if u can sing.
how can u infer he can't sing from his statement? he used a swear word, he had some interesting lines, thats all it takes to be able to sing these days. Stop being a sore loser
Re: J-Martins Reprimands Wizkid For 'Broke Fan' Comment by Lewis1988: 1:59pm On Aug 27, 2013
20 man shall fall that day if you cross my lane. Lol

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Eku Edewor Stands With Dorcas Shola Fapson On Rape/Kidnap Allegations / Stephanie Okereke Meets Knowles, Duke, Williamson As She Bags Recognition Award / Late Pius Adesanmi Receives Father's Day Wishes From Daughter And Widow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.