Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,110 members, 7,807,352 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:35 PM

The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) - Religion (142) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) (553957 Views)

The Satanic Chatbox. Everybody Is Welcome / Christian's Chatbox Game/Party Night - May 4th@ 10pm Gmt -ALL CHRISTIANS INVITED / The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) ... (239) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by dblackninja: 9:56pm On May 26, 2016
Reyginus:
Life systems? Like what exactly?
Rey nawaa 4 uooo grin what are you really seeking for with all these questions?
It's nothing special. Just a conflation of two words. It's just everything pertaining life...a life style
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 10:05pm On May 26, 2016
dblackninja:

Rey nawaa 4 uooo grin what are you really seeking for with all these questions?
It's nothing special. Just a conflation of two words. It's just everything pertaining life...a life style
Life Style and if I take him back to Culture now he'd complain I ask a lot of questions. Okay. I agree. Lol.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by dblackninja: 10:10pm On May 26, 2016
Reyginus:
Life Style and if I take him back to Culture now he'd complain I ask a lot of questions. Okay. I agree. Lol.
No you can ask anything bro. Learning is paramount and it's for all. Just that I thought you'll by now be telling me what you really think is bad or good with culture and civilization.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 10:14pm On May 26, 2016
dblackninja:

No you can ask anything bro. Learning is paramount and it's for all. Just that I thought you'll by now be telling me what you really think is bad or good with culture and civilization.
The same culture we are yet to define? What culture or should we go on to civilization?
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by dblackninja: 10:17pm On May 26, 2016
Reyginus:
The same culture we are yet to define? What culture or should we go on to civilization?
I thought we have defined culture a very long time ago. Check the last page na; where I corrected you in your definition of culture. Or am I missing something?
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 10:27pm On May 26, 2016
dblackninja:

I thought we have defined culture a very long time ago. Check the last page na; where I corrected you in your definition of culture. Or am I missing something?
What exactly did we define it as? Life Systems?
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by dblackninja: 10:34pm On May 26, 2016
Reyginus:
What exactly did we define it as? Life Systems?

Look at it again.
That's not the definition of culture. It is just the people's way of life. Culture is dynamic and it can absorb anything. Every dammn nation have their culture. Maybe when you heard culture your mind started thinking about people wearing beads and playing drums like how our western counterpart visualize Africa, but it's not so. If I may ask how did language came to be?

I just said that I believe it can be vital to civilization. If you think that it is harmful to the society please tell me your reasons. I'll welcome your view. And it's not some rule laid down by some set of people for anyone's survival.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 10:54pm On May 26, 2016
dblackninja:

Look at it again.
Okay. But I'm asking which people's way of life? The people presently living or that of the dead?
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by dblackninja: 11:15pm On May 26, 2016
Reyginus:
Okay. But I'm asking which people's way of life? The people presently living or that of the dead?
Indian people's way of life, our people's way of life... dead people's way of life You're funny Rey. How can you ask me whether it is the people presently living or that of the dead?

I think I know why. It stems from your definition of culture where you thought that it was a set of rules laid down by our ancestors to guide/define their life.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 11:19pm On May 26, 2016
dblackninja:

Indian people's way of life, our people's way of life... dead people's way of life You're funny Rey. How can you ask me whether it is the people presently living or that of the dead?

I think I know why. It stems from your definition of culture where you thought that it was a set of rules laid down by our ancestors to guide/define their life.
So why go back to it if it is their way of life? I don't understand. If I'm living life a particular why demand I go back to that way?
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by dblackninja: 11:37pm On May 26, 2016
Reyginus:
So why go back to it if it is their way of life? I don't understand. If I'm living life a particular why demand I go back to that way?
You're not getting it bro. Culture is like language. Now what do you think language is? Some laid down rules by our ancestors? And what do you think caused the diversity in it??
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 11:44pm On May 26, 2016
dblackninja:

You're not getting it bro. Culture is like language. Now what do you think language is? Some laid down rules by our ancestors? And what do you think caused the diversity in it??
I think language is the way we communicate. It is something we learned from our ancestors. What diversity? Is culture also something we learned from our ancestors?
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by dblackninja: 11:55pm On May 26, 2016
Reyginus:
I think language is the way we communicate. It is something we learned from our ancestors. What diversity? Is culture also something we learned from our ancestors?
The diversity I mean is why the differences in language?
Something we learned from our ancestors right. Now who thought them? Did they sat one day and thought to create it? And is language static ??
I believe you'll say it goes back and back..if not please state your answer.
Now did you just sprout up like a weed and know all things? How did you learn your language and your very own way of life?
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 11:56pm On May 26, 2016
dblackninja:

The diversity I mean is why the differences in language?
Something we learned from our ancestors right. Now who thought them? Did they sat one day and thought to create it? And is language static ??
I believe you'll say it goes back and back..if not please state your answer.
Now did you just sprout up like a weed and know all things? How did you learn your language and your very own way of life?
Okay. What has this got to do with culture?
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by dblackninja: 12:11am On May 27, 2016
Reyginus:
Okay. What has this got to do with culture?

I just want you to answer it because your are not getting what culture means. Revival of culture is like reviving the language of your people you allowed to die for some language of foreigners who don't give a dammn about yours. I don't need to tell you how language harmonizes the society.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 12:17am On May 27, 2016
dblackninja:

I just want you to answer it because your are not getting what culture means. Revival of culture is like reviving the language of your people you allowed to die for some language of foreigners who don't give a dammn about yours. I don't need to tell you how language harmonizes the society.
So in essence the culture you are talking about is the culture of people who are already dead? If a certain people at a certain time devised a method to converse and in my time I communicate differently why would I want to revive it?
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 12:18am On May 27, 2016
Good night, bro.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by dblackninja: 12:23am On May 27, 2016
Reyginus:
So in essence the culture you are talking about is the culture of people who are already dead? If a certain people at a certain time devised a method to converse and in my time I communicate differently why would I want to revive it?
Rey everything isn't an argument bro. Once we begin to see things that way, then we are lost.
Looking at what you just posted, it seems to me that we were singing the whole time embarassed
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by dblackninja: 12:27am On May 27, 2016
Reyginus:
Good night, bro.
Sleep like Rey tongue.. Gonna stay awake longer..got some things to tidy up online.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by RajputMaster24: 12:57am On May 27, 2016
Reyginus:

So do you guys think traditional African religion is in the rebound since colonization or in decline since then? In the 19th century majority of Nigeria and Africa was believing in traditional African religion.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by RajputMaster24: 1:15am On May 27, 2016
dblackninja:

Bring back African religion? Is not yet dead anyway; we are just praying for it to die. All religion in African should be eradicated, not even quarantined because it does more harm than good (infact only harm). I hope this your question is not for thesis. Lol grin

As for African civilization, I believe revival of our culture, that is not influenced by religion, will be vital to it. Culture is the core of our African humanity and unlike religion could be truly syncretized which is heathy. It plays a good influence in the economic, social and political aspects in a society.

Anyway, civilization can never be achieved by sitting at home and waiting for the government to do everything and create a functional society. That is what religion is telling us (pray and fast for Nigeria). Rather reverse will be the case..embezzlement and whatever you can think of will be the norm.

Religion is the foundation of civilization. Do you think traditional African religion is coming back? Or do you think its on the decline?
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 7:59am On May 27, 2016
dblackninja:

Rey everything isn't an argument bro. Once we begin to see things that way, then we are lost.
Looking at what you just posted, it seems to me that we were singing the whole time embarassed
No, it is exactly what your argument looks like. I don't understand you.

One. You say culture is what every human practise that's not distinct.

Two. You say people don't have to borrow each others culture, that is Acculturation, given Russia and China as example.

Three. You now say Culture is like Language and language is learned but culture is not then how does the analogy fit?

Four. You are talking about a revival of the same thing you put was not learned. What's happening bro? I don't argue for the sake of it but I don't let people confuse me with words.

1 Like

Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 8:06am On May 27, 2016
RajputMaster24:

So do you guys think traditional African religion is in the rebound since colonization or in decline since then? In the 19th century majority of Nigeria and Africa was believing in traditional African religion.
That's not even my line. My point is, whatever people call African Tradition shouldn't be embraced because it is African Tradition. Same goes for whatever they call Culture.

Take Nigerian Muslim women for example. The weather is hot. You've got a baby behind you suffering. You've got no umbrella. And you don a hijab.

There are even some who put on what I call a Ninja mask. This is the attire of Prostitutes who wouldn't want to be recognized in Ancient Asia.

You see why it doesn't make any sense? The weather is hot so putting on some veil is detrimental to your skin and comfort. Your baby's health should be primary concern.

Now someone comes along and say it's our culture. To me that's bullshit.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 8:11am On May 27, 2016
Reyginus:
That's not even my line. My point is, whatever people call African Tradition shouldn't be embraced because it is African Tradition. Same goes for whatever they call Culture.

Take Nigerian Muslim women for example. The weather is hot. You've got a baby behind you suffering. You've got no umbrella. And you don a hijab.

There are even some who put on what I call a Ninja mask. This is the attire of Prostitutes who wouldn't want to be recognized in Ancient Asia.

You see why it doesn't make any sense? The weather is hot so putting on some veil is detrimental to your skin and comfort. Your baby's health should be primary concern.

Now someone comes along and say it's our culture. To me that's bullshit.

LOL!!
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 8:17am On May 27, 2016
darkenedrebel:

LOL!!
That's it bro. Only the women get to respect this culture.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by dblackninja: 10:42am On May 27, 2016
RajputMaster24:

Religion is the foundation of civilization. Do you think traditional African religion is coming back? Or do you think its on the decline?

Religion (a disease born of fear and a source of untold misery to the human race) is not the foundation of civilization, rather it is a very common by-product of it. I agree that religion played some roles in civilization but it is NOT necessary for civilization.
Reason why religion still persists is because of these 3 questions human thought religion offers answers to:

Who am I?
Why am I here?
How then shall I live?

As for traditional religion, it's on decline. And with the rate Christianity is growing in Africa, it will soon be eradicated.
If I may ask do you think African traditional religion is good for the society? If yes why?
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by dblackninja: 11:08am On May 27, 2016
Reyginus:
No, it is exactly what your argument looks like. I don't understand you.

One. You say culture is what every human practise that's not distinct.
Please I didn't say that..If I said so please recall me to where I said so. That's why I said that it seems we were singing throughout yesterday.

Two. You say people don't have to borrow each others culture, that is Acculturation, given Russia and China as example.
What I said is abandoning yours for others. A functional society works in harmony, once culture collapses, there's always conflict. Do you understand what I meant by saying that culture is dynamic?

Three. You now say Culture is like Language and language is learned but culture is not then how does the analogy fit?
Don't quote me wrong Rey, I never said that.
Like you said that language is what we learnt from our ancestors, I then asked, "Now did you just sprout up like a weed and know all things? How did you learn your very own way of life?"

Four. You are talking about a revival of [s] the same thing you put was not learned. [/s] What's happening bro? I don't argue for the sake of it but I don't let people confuse me with words.
Misconception still.
You know the problem Rey, you are still thinking that culture is like some people wearing beads, beating drums and dancing unclad.

Now Rey what is CIVILIZATION? And can you define civilization without bringing culture into it??
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 11:42am On May 27, 2016
dblackninja:

Please I didn't say that..If I said so please recall me to where I said so. That's why I said that it seems we were singing throughout yesterday.

What I said is abandoning yours for others. A functional society works in harmony, once culture collapses, there's always conflict. Do you understand what I meant by saying that culture is dynamic?

Don't quote me wrong Rey, I never said that.
Like you said that language is what we learnt from our ancestors, I then asked, "Now did you just sprout up like a weed and know all things? How did you learn your very own way of life?"

Misconception still.
You know the problem Rey, you are still thinking that culture is like some people wearing beads, beating drums and dancing unclad.

Now Rey what is CIVILIZATION? And can you define civilization without bringing culture into it??
The act of becoming civil where civil is a reasonable behaviour. Did I bring culture into it now?
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by dblackninja: 12:56pm On May 27, 2016
Reyginus:
The act of becoming civil where civil is a reasonable behaviour. Did I bring culture into it now?
Hahaha! Rey u no go kill me. Is that how you define things at school? You can consult your dictionary or wikipedia for the definition but let me help you a bit.
From my dictionary:
Civilization is an organized culture encompassing many communities, often on the scale of a nation or people; a stage or system of social, political, or technical development.

Maybe to avoid using the word culture (or groups of words implying culture), you wrote that^^ or you thought that civilization is a one person affair.

Feel free to consult any authority and notify me if any is saying something totally different from that definition of civilization.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 2:31pm On May 27, 2016
dblackninja:

Hahaha! Rey u no go kill me. Is that how you define things at school? You can consult your dictionary or wikipedia for the definition but let me help you a bit.
From my dictionary:
Civilization is an organized culture encompassing many communities, often on the scale of a nation or people; a stage or system of social, political, or technical development.

Maybe to avoid using the word culture (or groups of words implying culture), you wrote that^^ or you thought that civilization is a one person affair.

Feel free to consult any authority and notify me if any is saying something totally different from that definition of civilization.
So what's the point? That culture is happening now? If so what then are we to go back to?
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 11:15pm On May 27, 2016
Hey all, I think all may read this: A platform has been made for the sole purpose of debating religion beliefs, reaching a compromise. discussing Life philosophies, National problems. it is a platform for Cross pollinating ideas to bring out the best in ourselves. the association of the wise grows wiser. The platform is hosted by whatsapp. Send a message to +2347054991910 and you will get added . The sky is big enough for all birds. it may be just your little idea that we need to move this nation forward . Join Learn Live Network. The Group name: Total Man Co-anchored: Kingebukasblog (nairaland section)
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by dblackninja: 11:34pm On May 27, 2016
Reyginus:
So what's the point? That culture is happening now? If so what then are we to go back to?

I believe we've come to terms with what the words culture and civilization connotes.
I think what you're asking is; if we're living a particular way, why still go back to it.. If we're living like that, then the aim has already been achieved. The real question is are we really living in a particular way that is in tune with our society.

A functional society works in harmony. Their culture defines them. They way they communicate, their beliefs, what they eat.. The culture of any society is majorly influenced by what is around them. The geographical conditions of their place, the climatic and any other type of conditions affecting them. The type of plants that are growing around them e.t.c.

Abandoning your culture is like abandoning everything around you in place of another's you thought superior. Your alien lifestyle might not work in tandem with the society you live in causing discord. Remember that culture is dynamic. It can imbibe others if it's able to work with them, if not that one becomes like a virus that needs to be tackled.
Just like you can introduce a lovely plant species in Nigeria, it might grow if both the geographical and climatic conditions satisfy its needs, else nature will reject it, disregarding your love for it.

Hope this helps.

(1) (2) (3) ... (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) ... (239) (Reply)

Members Of Church Of Satan Meets Here / Nigerian Church Praise & Worship Songs Here / Seeing Demons, Angels, Fallen Angels, Spirits.. - Hsp's

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.