Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,382 members, 7,781,069 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:23 AM

The Sufferings Of A Nigerian UK Migrant - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Sufferings Of A Nigerian UK Migrant (1860 Views)

Buhari Insensitive To Sufferings Of Nigerians – CNPP / A Nigerian Uk Based Man Made A Solo Plane In Nigeria(photos) / Nigerian (UK) Gunman Who Posted Rap Video On Youtube Glorifying Gang (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Sufferings Of A Nigerian UK Migrant by ibezomamyahoo(m): 3:50pm On Aug 26, 2013
Innocent Chukwuma is a Christian and a kidney transplant patient, who will be 40 years old in 2014. Find attached below a picture of me protesting in front of the Nigeria High Commission London on 23 August 2013.

And he has been inhumanly treated since 2007; please note that the UK govt has refused to tell him the reason behind his torture; despite his asking repeatedly. Also, note that he is in the UK legally. The list of atrocious violations of his civil and human rights includes:

1. Sexual Torture - The Home Secretary has ensured that he does not have any sexual relationship with a female since 2007

2. Psychological and Mental Torture - The Home Secretary has refused to inform Innocent Chukwuma of the reason behind his torture and abuse since 2007; and this has led to his constant worry about why he should be made to suffer for NOT having committed any crime.

3. The Home Secretary has stopped him from marrying (and/or having a partner) and founding a family; thereby denying him his right under Article 12 of the European Convention on Human Rights;

4. The above means that he has been stopped from having a child/children; imagine what it would feel like to be denied the joy of having your own child;

5. He has been kept under 24/7 surveillance (at home, work, driving, everywhere) since 2007; and they defame his person by the use of gossips, innuendos, outright falsehood and unfounded allegation;

6. And this has led to his been ostracised and disliked in his community;

7. Innocent Chukwuma made a Distinction in his Masters Degree, yet the Home Secretary has blocked him from seeking and obtaining employment, by the use of harassment, intimidation etc of prospective employers;

8. He has also been hindered from running his UK company, by the use of intimidation of his prospective customers, discriminatory higher prices targeted at him and outright dishonesty of employees of the Home Secretary;

9. Interruption, interception and disturbance of his communications (posts, emails, telephone conversations, social networking and other online activities), even time-sensitive court papers are deliberately delayed;

10. He is been intimidated, harassed etc even within court premises; also judicial officers are been harassed and intimidated in cases involving him;

11. And many more...

All these are been carried out against a Christian, who has neither committed a crime nor told what he has done to deserve these inhuman treatments. And is an assault on his freedom and fundamental human rights.

Remember, these inhuman treatments has been on-going since 2007; AND TODAY IT IS INNOCENT CHUKWUMA; TOMORROW, IT MIGHT BE YOU, YOUR CHILD, FRIEND, OTHER LOVED ONES etc.

Please join in this fight against government oppression; because INJUSTICE ANYWHERE IS INJUSTICE EVERYWHERE. An online petition against the UK Home Secretary [Minister for Internal Affairs], can be found at: http://chn.ge/16guYmT

Read and sign. Thank you

Re: The Sufferings Of A Nigerian UK Migrant by jamesibor: 5:27pm On Aug 26, 2013
^^^ Could you please tell us the full story?

What led to the persecution?
Re: The Sufferings Of A Nigerian UK Migrant by ibezomamyahoo(m): 5:45pm On Aug 26, 2013
james_ibor: ^^^ Could you please tell us the full story?

What led to the persecution?

Dear Jame Ibor,

What you see on this post is the full story, as far as I know...I know it is perplexing, it has been same to me since it started, which was why I wrote to the UK's Home Secretary (Minister of Internal Affairs) in 2009; seeking to know what I have done and whether any order had been made against me.

In her response (I have a copy and can send it to you or scan it unto this page, if you wish), she stated that no order had been made against me, but that it appears covert activities was been carried out against me. Hence, I kept quiet, believing that after the investigation, I would left alone...and 4 years later; no conviction, no stopping the oppressive actions against me. Hence my public outcry...

Believe it..you are looking at an INNOCENT Nigerian been persecuted...probably because he is Nigerian and, according to belief abroad, he must be guilty. Well, I am not.
Re: The Sufferings Of A Nigerian UK Migrant by AdmYamamoto: 5:54pm On Aug 26, 2013
But why must he remain in the UK? Is he still having health challenges because you mentioned he had a kidney transplant already, so if that is done, why is he still in the UK? Does he have residency rights in the UK because being sick is NEVER a reason to stay in a country, there is no such law I am aware of! So if he has legal status of resident or citizen, how can he be persecuted? Some questions begging for answers!
Re: The Sufferings Of A Nigerian UK Migrant by Nobody: 5:57pm On Aug 26, 2013
Well, are you being deterred from returning to your home country?
Re: The Sufferings Of A Nigerian UK Migrant by ibezomamyahoo(m): 6:08pm On Aug 26, 2013
Adm. Yamamoto:
But why must he remain in the UK? Is he still having health challenges because you mentioned he had a kidney transplant already, so if that is done, why is he still in the UK? Does he have residency rights in the UK because being sick is NEVER a reason to stay in a country, there is no such law I am aware of! So if he has legal status of resident or citizen, how can he be persecuted? Some questions begging for answers!

He has legal rights to live in the UK; besides he is scared of what would happen, if he was to leave the UK without sorting out the issues. He is also preparing to start his PhD studies this year (fees would be funded by the university).

Aside from all these, the point here is that the UK govt is breaking the laws of the country, by violating his (I am the person in question) human rights. This is not acceptable and the only reason this is been done is because they believe that this atrocity would remain hidden forever. And this must be defeated...today it is me tomorrow, it could be you, your brother, sister etc

9jacrip: Well, are you being deterred from returning to your home country?

Please see my answer to this question above...leaving the UK might not solve the problem...I have already written to the Home Secretary stating my desire to leave, if only they would sort out the problem...no response to that letter. PLEASE NOTE THAT ANY CLAIM I MAKE IN THIS FORUM, I HAVE PROOF (DOCUMENTARY).
Re: The Sufferings Of A Nigerian UK Migrant by ibezomamyahoo(m): 6:38pm On Aug 26, 2013
Well, from the story on this post, there appear to be certain issues that need clarification; and the poster has stated that he cannot clarify the issues. The question is:why would a person come on the internet to expose his situation, if he is guilty.

Please let us support this Nigerian saying public that he is innocent and challenging the UK authorities to prove his guilt...besides this has been on-going since 2007.

At the end, if he is innocent, we will all be proud of a Nigerian whose suffering would help in no small measure in the redemption of the Nigerian image in the UK. We have nothing to lose. Cheers
Re: The Sufferings Of A Nigerian UK Migrant by ibezomamyahoo(m): 8:23pm On Aug 26, 2013
mgbeketoto: I'd rather DIE in Nigeria, than live like an INTERNATIONAL BASSSTARD in any country.
Stoopid man wey nor get pride!
Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew!!!
Biafraland nor get NATIVE DOCTORS? grin

grin grin grin ...thanks my dear...any way good name is better than gold...all I am asking is for my name to be cleared. Thanks for the advice though
Re: The Sufferings Of A Nigerian UK Migrant by ibezomamyahoo(m): 9:37pm On Aug 26, 2013
Thanks for the advice...meanwhile you only see my big belle and not my strong arms...

The issue that I would rather we focus on is the fact that an innocent person is been persecuted by the UK govt...help by signing the petition at the end of the post so that the necessary persons in authority would investigate my torture since 2007 and proffer solution. Cheers dear

ALL WE GET TO HEAR IS THAT A NIGERIAN GOT CAUGHT IN ONE CRIME OR THE OTHER...LET THIS BE THE ONE WHEN A NIGERIAN IS DECLARED INNOCENT BY A FOREIGN GOVERNMENT...PLEASE UNDERSTAND WHY I DECIDED TO GO PUBLIC WITH THIS...HELP US IN GRADUALLY REDEEMING OUR IMAGE ABROAD. THANKS ALL
Re: The Sufferings Of A Nigerian UK Migrant by Asoozy: 10:08pm On Aug 26, 2013
It must be because you are a Russian spy!
Re: The Sufferings Of A Nigerian UK Migrant by funnyx(m): 10:13pm On Aug 26, 2013
How did UK govt prevent him from having intimate relationship? Dem tie im blokus?
How did home secretary prevent him from getting married?
How did home secretary prevent customers from patronising his business?
@OP provide answers to my questions because your story doesn't add up.
Re: The Sufferings Of A Nigerian UK Migrant by Asoozy: 10:17pm On Aug 26, 2013
funnyx: How did UK govt prevent him from having intimate relationship? Dem tie im blokus?

The bloody liar is an illegal immigrant trying to force the arm of the British government to give him permanent residency so he can stay perpetually on NHS for his treatment. Na so so I am legal I'm dey talk but which kain status Im no fit say.

Must you marry to have babies?

Abeg I no go waste my signature!

1 Like

Re: The Sufferings Of A Nigerian UK Migrant by ibezomamyahoo(m): 10:26pm On Aug 26, 2013
Asoozy: It must be because you are a Russian spy!

Abeg o...no put me for trouble...anyway, I no be Russian spy and if I be one I for don run go Russia tay tay. If you don read spy novel, you go know say once dem cover blow, na run be dat...I am an innocent Nigerian...

funnyx: How did UK govt prevent him from having intimate relationship? Dem tie im blokus?

grin grin grin funnyx, abeg u make me laugh...

Anyway, see as dem they follow me na so dem dey make people fear (both man and woman)...talk true, if na you meet person say for work and you come notice say dem police dey follow the person, you go first stay away...even if na for Naija, let alone in a foreign land... come add the fact say dem also they tell lies about me (example: i go waka enter supermarket, dem go run tell dem security say make dem watch me closely....immediately, security go believe say I must have done something bad)..as I no get opportunity to explain myself na so most people go believe wetin dem hear...

You go know say person dey fit hate person just from wetin another person tell am...let alone when ebe say na government people dey spread the rumour...of course most people no go ask say : if he is actually this bad, why not arrest him?

So the effect of the above practice is that I have not been allowed to build the interpersonal relationship needed to establish an intimate relationship let alone one that would lead to marriage...and that is their intention. The same thing goes to customers to my business or people I buy from...the start having ill-feeling towards me on the basis of what they have been told...so that is how "dem tie my blokus, prevent me form getting married and people from patronising my business"
Re: The Sufferings Of A Nigerian UK Migrant by Asoozy: 10:32pm On Aug 26, 2013
Do you have leave to remain? If so, what kind? Temporary or permanent?
Re: The Sufferings Of A Nigerian UK Migrant by funnyx(m): 10:34pm On Aug 26, 2013
ibezomam@yahoo.:

Abeg o...no put me for trouble...anyway, I no be Russian spy and if I be one I for don run go Russia tay tay. If you don read spy novel, you go know say once dem cover blow, na run be dat...I am an innocent Nigerian...

grin grin grin funnyx, abeg u make me laugh...

Anyway, see as dem they follow me na so dem dey make people fear (both man and woman)...talk true, if na you meet person say for work and you come notice say dem police dey follow the person, you go first stay away...even if na for Naija, let alone in a foreign land... come add the fact say dem also they tell lies about me (example: i go waka enter supermarket, dem go run tell dem security say make dem watch me closely....immediately, security go believe say I must have done something bad)..as I no get opportunity to explain myself na so most people go believe wetin dem hear...

You go know say person dey fit hate person just from wetin another person tell am...let alone when ebe say na government people dey spread the rumour...of course most people no go ask say : if he is actually this bad, why not arrest him?

So the effect of the above practice is that I have not been allowed to build the interpersonal relationship needed to establish an intimate relationship let alone one that would lead to marriage...and that is their intention. The same thing goes to customers to my business or people I buy from...the start having ill-feeling towards me on the basis of what they have been told...so that is how "dem tie my blokus, prevent me form getting married and people from patronising my business"

I'm sorry but I don't believe you one bit, are you linked to alqeeda or some form of terrorist group to warrant the use of police and secret agents on you alone?
Re: The Sufferings Of A Nigerian UK Migrant by Asoozy: 10:44pm On Aug 26, 2013
funnyx:

I'm sorry but I don't believe you one bit, are you linked to alqeeda or some form of terrorist group to warrant the use of police and secret agents on you alone?

Abi o. Tax payers money on a mere illegal migrant.
Re: The Sufferings Of A Nigerian UK Migrant by ibezomamyahoo(m): 10:46pm On Aug 26, 2013
funnyx:

I don't know who has been following me since 2007...I have not been shown any ID card...I have written to the UK Home Secretary (2009) and her response was that I am not a terrorist suspect and that there is no order made against me...hence the issue you raised has been discounted...

The issue is that if I have done anything, whatever it may be..let them man up and state what I have done...at the moment the way they are going, all they are seeking is to frustrate me out of the UK without ever having to say what I did to warrant the wasteful operation that has been carried out against me for close to 7 years. And believe me I hope to have them say, probably, for the first time that they werte wrong about a Nigerian...THAT WOULD BE THE HAPPIEST DAY OF MY LIFE...
Re: The Sufferings Of A Nigerian UK Migrant by ifebosco: 11:44pm On Aug 26, 2013
if what you are saying is true,than please live that country and look else were.
Re: The Sufferings Of A Nigerian UK Migrant by funnyx(m): 11:47pm On Aug 26, 2013
Honestly the OP sound like another musiwa no pun intended.

1 Like

Re: The Sufferings Of A Nigerian UK Migrant by Nobody: 12:30am On Aug 27, 2013
@OP, is it the government that stands accused of all the charges you outlined or specific individuals?

You need to decompose the problem, by making a clear distinction between the various entities responsible for your siege mentality, bro. Take time to indulge in this simple exercise, and you would find that problem-space becomes significantly reduced, trust me grin

4. The above means that he has been stopped from having a child/children; imagine what it would feel like to be denied the joy of having your own child;

5. He has been kept under 24/7 surveillance (at home, work, driving, everywhere) since 2007; and they defame his person by the use of gossips, innuendos, outright falsehood and unfounded allegation;

6. And this has led to his been ostracised and disliked in his community;
Re: The Sufferings Of A Nigerian UK Migrant by Kc3000: 12:39am On Aug 27, 2013
I would not want to call you crazy because it is dismissive and would suggest that I'm being insensitive to your predicament. But, I must reveal to you that this sort of paranoia, characterized by perceived persecution is typical of Schizophrenic disorders. The sad part is that the sufferer really believes all this is actually happening, even some of your loved ones, initially buy into all these tales.

I am not saying that this is your plight, but just a possibility. I would like to know if there is anyone else out there, friends, family or associates, who can corroborate your theory of what is happening to you. Has anyone else around you confirmed any of these your fears, besides what you have told them? I would like to assure you that everyone around you is not out to get you, and if they all feel that your fears are unfounded, then it might be time to seek professional help. There is treatment available that can vastly improve your circumstance.

I hope I have not offended you with my suggestion, I am simply trying to help. In the case that I am completely off base, why not take a break from the UK and go home to the family in Nigeria. . .school can wait while you sort yourself out. Ndu ka mkpa. . .you might even kill two birds with one stone and get married while in Nigeria grin. Good luck man, Chineke no na elu igwe na ele uwa!

3 Likes

Re: The Sufferings Of A Nigerian UK Migrant by kunlekunle: 2:03am On Aug 27, 2013
where u dey for uk?
do u work and pay tax or u dey sign.
what is currently your status.
Re: The Sufferings Of A Nigerian UK Migrant by fr3do(m): 5:14am On Aug 27, 2013
What's special about you?
Survellance is expensive!
Why are they watching or why do you think they are watching you?
Re: The Sufferings Of A Nigerian UK Migrant by tunwe(m): 6:05am On Aug 27, 2013
Homeboy need psychiatric help. Go see psycho-analyst for help. Are you on any medications? Like anti transplant organs rejection therapy? Some of these pharmceuticals do precitipates paranoid delusions.
Re: The Sufferings Of A Nigerian UK Migrant by Nobody: 6:22am On Aug 27, 2013
First check my profile for a number that can help you out.
Second come back to Nigeria and give your life to Christ again, then the people from your village that refused to allow you get married go to the Mountain top for 21 day prayers to destroy their evil work(no fasting prescribed because of your medical condition.)
Third, grin grin grin
Fourth there is a place I can recommend for you in London to visit where you can pray and get results. Please do not take this as a joke. Follow my account on nairaland, so I can give you the address, that is if you are serious about your situation. Either you are legally or illegally in the U.k, your problem is basically financial, because if you had a big time business back home, nothing would convince to leave that business to go to another man's nation to struggle. cool
Re: The Sufferings Of A Nigerian UK Migrant by ibezomamyahoo(m): 7:07am On Aug 27, 2013
Kc3000: I would not want to call you crazy because it is dismissive and would suggest that I'm being insensitive to your predicament. But, I must reveal to you that this sort of paranoia, characterized by perceived persecution is typical of Schizophrenic disorders. The sad part is that the sufferer really believes all this is actually happening, even some of your loved ones, initially buy into all these tales.

I am not saying that this is your plight, but just a possibility. I would like to know if there is anyone else out there, friends, family or associates, who can corroborate your theory of what is happening to you. Has anyone else around you confirmed any of these your fears, besides what you have told them? I would like to assure you that everyone around you is not out to get you, and if they all feel that your fears are unfounded, then it might be time to seek professional help. There is treatment available that can vastly improve your circumstance.

I hope I have not offended you with my suggestion, I am simply trying to help. In the case that I am completely off base, why not take a break from the UK and go home to the family in Nigeria. . .school can wait while you sort yourself out. Ndu ka mkpa. . .you might even kill two birds with one stone and get married while in Nigeria grin. Good luck man, Chineke no na elu igwe na ele uwa!

grin grin grin No, you have not offended me; besides everyone retains the right to freedom of expression...

The issue of leaving the UK is not the problem...the problem is leaving before the problem has been sorted. As you know, the UK has enormous influence in Nigeria and there is no guarantee that what is on-going in the UK would not continue in Nigeria; and even more severely.

As for the issue of paranoia, I am quite sure that you are very wrong and please do see: http://zerzetzen.wikispaces.com/
It is the story of a British-Canadian with similar experience... No problem ever came to stay, rather it shall come to pass. Cheers
Re: The Sufferings Of A Nigerian UK Migrant by ibezomamyahoo(m): 7:09am On Aug 27, 2013
kunlekunle: where u dey for uk?
do u work and pay tax or u dey sign.
what is currently your status.

Hello, these questions would not solve the problem...but to clarify the issue, I would just state that I am a legal migrant in the UK; if I was not, I would have been deported a long time ago. Cheers
Re: The Sufferings Of A Nigerian UK Migrant by ibezomamyahoo(m): 7:11am On Aug 27, 2013
fr3do: What's special about you?
Survellance is expensive!
Why are they watching or why do you think they are watching you?

With all due respect, it is not fore me to answer these question but for the UK govt... If you check my post, you will realise that it is these same questions that are causing me mental torture. I really would like to know why all these are happening to me
Re: The Sufferings Of A Nigerian UK Migrant by ibezomamyahoo(m): 7:14am On Aug 27, 2013
tunwe: Homeboy need psychiatric help. Go see psycho-analyst for help. Are you on any medications? Like anti transplant organs rejection therapy? Some of these pharmceuticals do precitipates paraniod delusions.

There is no psychiatric issues involved at all. My transplant was in 2010, the problem started in 2007; 3 years b4 my transplant...also please see: http://zerzetzen.wikispaces.com/ ...it is the story of a British-Canadian with similar experience.

And by the way, this is the first time that I have ever heard that transplant medications do precipitate paranoia delusions. Please, you need to check your facts b4 making such assertions and/or generalisation.
Re: The Sufferings Of A Nigerian UK Migrant by ibezomamyahoo(m): 7:20am On Aug 27, 2013
lari03: First check my profile for a number that can help you out.
Second come back to Nigeria and give your life to Christ again, then the people from your village that refused to allow you get married go to the Mountain top for 21 day prayers to destroy their evil work(no fasting prescribed because of your medical condition.)
Third, grin grin grin
Fourth there is a place I can recommend for you in London to visit where you can pray and get results. Please do not take this as a joke. Follow my account on nairaland, so I can give you the address, that is if you are serious about your situation. Either you are legally or illegally in the U.k, your problem is basically financial, because if you had a big time business back home, nothing would convince to leave that business to go to another man's nation to struggle. cool

grin grin grin

I laugh in regard to your fist recommendation...
As for the second, I have been praying and fasting in the UK;
Also, laughter goes for your third recommendation; which happen to be laughter;
The address you refer to in your fourth recommendation is it a solicitor's address
Waiting for your response
As for been poverty; yes I was not rich, when I left Nigeria, though I know the rich that also left Nigeria for abroad, hence the assertion that my coming to the UK was out of poverty is fallacious...

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

End Of The Road For Kelvin, Notorious Kidnap Kingpin / Pro-amaechi Lawmaker Joins Wike Group / APC Sweeps Yobe Council Poll

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.