Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,894 members, 7,802,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:49 AM

I Hate My Boss - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Hate My Boss (1097 Views)

My Marriage Is Crashing, I Think I Hate Him...Help / I'm Beginning To Hate My Mom / I "Hate" My Parents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Hate My Boss by Iyandasdiary(m): 4:48pm On Aug 26, 2013
Dear Readers,

The saddest moments of my life are those times I remember that I’ll have to go to work the next day. Whenever I think about my boss and how to cope with his bossy attitudes, I usually feel sad.

I want to quit my job because of him but and i am really fed up of the whole situation. It has gotten so bad that I have tried looking for jobs elsewhere but there’s not much job opportunities out there and hardly even have time to attend interviews because my boss is like a guard dog most times. So here I am stuck with my job but cant afford to quit because of my responsibilities.

If you are talking about age, my boss and I are age mates. If he’s older than me, he can’t be more than few months. But, because he’s my boss, he is totally in control of me.

I work under him as an accountant. But, he doesn’t treat me like that. He treats me like a general worker who should fill in every vacant position in the firm. I work as the office assistant, the accountant, the typist, the personal assistant and lots more. I gathered all my strength to put up with such tasks but, my boss wouldn’t just acknowledge my effort.
I didn’t mind all that, I still put in my best effort. He shouts at me, scolds and threaten me openly, I try to overlook most times but am really frustrated and I can’t put up with him anymore.

Some few weeks ago, my boss employed a new worker. The employee is a young girl. She’s a fresh graduate who just finished her youth service. She had no working experience aside the primary school which she worked for her service year. She was employed as the personal assistant to my boss. I felt relieved as I won’t have to do all the office running around anymore. But I was totally wrong.It got was with time.

Being the accountant, I asked my boss to tell me how much she earns as salary so that I can update the salary details. He told me she would be collecting 100,000 at the end of the month. I felt puzzled. I’ve been working for him for the past one year and I still earn 70,000 as salary. How come a new worker who has no working experience will come overnight and earn way more than me.

Immediately, I challenged my boss. I requested for an increase in salary. He sternly rejected my request. He told me that if I wasn’t ok with it that I can quit. He even said that whatever the girl tells me, I must do. In better words, she’s also my boss.

I felt so angry. I want to quit my job but, how will I survive without my job. I’ve not been opportune to search for another job because of the tasking nature of my present job. How could my boss be so cruel as to not appreciate all my efforts? When that company was nothing, I stood by him. When I was earning 30,000 from him, I tried all my best for the company to survive.

I want to quit my job because I’m just so frustrated.

Do I quit or continue to take rubbish from him.I don’t know what to do anymore.

SOURCE :www.iyandasdiary.com

Re: I Hate My Boss by emilyone(f): 5:28pm On Aug 26, 2013
hmmm!
Re: I Hate My Boss by Dubby6(m): 5:53pm On Aug 26, 2013
i feel ur pain bt at d same tym U neva c anytin at least ure earning 70k some people earn much lesscdan that and their work enviroment more brutal dan urs so jst endure..Naija aint smiling
Re: I Hate My Boss by mgbeketoto: 7:41pm On Aug 26, 2013
You have to learn that AS LONG AS YOU WORK FOR SOMEONE ELSE, aka A BOSS. . . .you MUST learn to be diplomatic.
How many jobs are you going to jump to?

If you absolutely can't stand your work environment, it is time to QUIT! kiss
Life is too short for ANY PREVENTABLE STRESS! kiss

2 Likes

Re: I Hate My Boss by Abbey2sam(m): 5:50pm On Aug 27, 2013
@op!!!! Where do work?
Please recommend me to your boss when you're tendering your resignation letter....

ABEG
Contact me @ ibitoyeabioun6@gmail.com
Or call me on 08065696008
My BB pin :2763AE9C

Tenks and God bless you..
Cheers
Re: I Hate My Boss by mysticgal(f): 12:01pm On Aug 28, 2013
Abbey2sam: @op!!!! Where do work?
Please recommend me to your boss when you're tendering your resignation letter....

ABEG
Contact me @ ibitoyeabioun6@gmail.com
Or call me on 08065696008
My BB pin :2763AE9C

Tenks and God bless you..
Cheers

guy commot your informations from here,na story be this.undecided
Re: I Hate My Boss by simpleseyi: 4:18am On Aug 29, 2013
If you can't beat them, get people to beat them for you. The new personal assistant is also your boss's bed mate, so she should earn more.

(1) (Reply)

Prostate Cancer & Matters Arising - A Must Read! / Ugandan nanny Who Beat Up Toddler In Viral video Charged With Attempted Murder / We Need To Have A Frank Discussion About Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.