Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,759 members, 7,802,321 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:27 PM

Chelsea's Success: Mourinho's Management Or Abrahamovich's Millions? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Chelsea's Success: Mourinho's Management Or Abrahamovich's Millions? (6143 Views)

Poll: Which Is Responsible for Chelsea's Success?

Mourinho 's Managerial Capabilities: 60% (21 votes)
Abrahamovich Millions?: 40% (14 votes)
This poll has ended

Has Benitez Been A Chelsea Success At Chelsea? / Abrahamovich's Wife To Bid For Arsenal FC / 90% Of Chelsea Fans In Nigeria Are Post Abrahamovich? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chelsea's Success: Mourinho's Management Or Abrahamovich's Millions? by twinstaiye(m): 11:06am On May 31, 2006
Chelsea: Mourinho 's Managerial Capabilities Or Abrahamovich Millions?

Chelsea suddenly becomes a darling team to fans of football all over the world just as soon as Abrahamovich bought over the club and no sooner when Mourinho took over the manager of the club. In quick succession, they had win the prestigious English Premiership. The bone of contention now is was it Abrahamovich Millions that is going on for Chelsea or Mourinho's managerial capabilities or both.
Re: Chelsea's Success: Mourinho's Management Or Abrahamovich's Millions? by rasque(m): 11:56am On May 31, 2006
They both go together to get the results but Mourinho's managerial capabilities counts most. If you will remember he achieve the winning feats with Porto without the millions.
Re: Chelsea's Success: Mourinho's Management Or Abrahamovich's Millions? by Akolawole(m): 12:55pm On May 31, 2006
twinstaiye:

Chelsea suddenly becomes a darling team to fans of football all over the world just as soon as Abrahamovich

Suddenly!

Recall Gullit years, we are very good but we are not good enough to be champions.

I wont say much until i launch few threads on Chelsea next week.
Re: Chelsea's Success: Mourinho's Management Or Abrahamovich's Millions? by Akolawole(m): 1:00pm On May 31, 2006
twinstaiye:

In quick succession, they had win the prestigious English Premiership. The bone of contention now is was it Abrahamovich Millions that is going on for Chelsea or Mourinho's managerial capabilities or both.

This is the 3rd season of Roman ERA.

What did we win in the first year with RANERI?

Nothing.

My good friend Jose came to the bridge with the magic, winning premiership within 8 months, carling cup.

In his second season, he won the Charity Shield against Arsenal and premiership.I am sure, i have somehow answer your question.
Re: Chelsea's Success: Mourinho's Management Or Abrahamovich's Millions? by spikelord(m): 1:02pm On May 31, 2006
Hey, Mourinho is the man!

Abrahamovic's millions even contributed to the overcrowdness @ the bridge.

So what else?
Re: Chelsea's Success: Mourinho's Management Or Abrahamovich's Millions? by Christino(m): 1:56pm On May 31, 2006
Yabbing them, no i don't do that, but let them know that the striker they need is Christino, I can play 100 shots per game, hit the bar 15 times and possibly net a goal once in five games (not too bad for 45million pounds) or what do you think?

Plus I can score plenty of offside goals and I am an acrobat (diving ke, me i dey flip, jump, fly, glide - too much for the money sef)

I'm not really playing now because i need to dedicate more time to my pace, i run too fast so i want to reduce that to soccer speed so i don't run faster than the ball.
I need an Agent.
Re: Chelsea's Success: Mourinho's Management Or Abrahamovich's Millions? by nightrider: 2:57pm On May 31, 2006
As much as it pains me deeply, but i have to admit that chelsea's success is down to the genius of Mr Jose Mourinho

he did it with the same players ranieri couldn't do it with.

Terry, Lampard , cole, robben, etc.

Although the players he bought havent really been hot. ( minus his porto imports)

del horno, essien, drogba, wright phillips havent lived up to thier biling.

(although we can't totally divorce the fact that the players from ranieris era were all bought with romans millions)
Mourinho is the man with the plan.
Re: Chelsea's Success: Mourinho's Management Or Abrahamovich's Millions? by twinstaiye(m): 3:20pm On May 31, 2006
I had all along thought it was Abrahamovich millions, because had it not been it, Mourinho would never had come to Chelsea because he was a hot demand after his exploits at FC Porto. Abrahamovich Millions brought Mourinho to Chelsea, that is the first thing, before we can now talk of Mourinho's managerial capabilities which also emanates from Abrahamovich millions, if he is not well paid and endowed with millions in his arsenal to spend for players, there probably wouldnt have been any success afterall. But, that does not mean that I am saying Mourinho wasnt good, he is damn good, it is just that Abrahamovich millions is doing the magic for him. "The "Iromi" that is dancing very well, its drummer is under the water"
Re: Chelsea's Success: Mourinho's Management Or Abrahamovich's Millions? by cabali(m): 4:46pm On May 31, 2006
I must agree with kola cos the success started when mourhino came to the picture thats fo sho
Re: Chelsea's Success: Mourinho's Management Or Abrahamovich's Millions? by Lasun(m): 5:56pm On May 31, 2006
If you give me access to Mr. Abrahamovic's millions,I will get him his most coveted trophy-Champions League.I believe Mr Loud mouth mourinho has under achieve by not even getting to the semi finals of the champions league in spite of the bottomless cash resources at his disposal,look at what Benitez has achieved with Liverpool,look at what arsenal did with their rag tag team.
Now they are buying up everything in the market,the one's they need and the one's they think their rivals will need.Is bad for the game and I agree with Mr. Blatter that their ought to be a cap on how much players can earn.Imagine Sven leaving out Shaun Wright Philips from Chelsea and taking a chance with untested Theo Walcot,I hope Mikel will learn a lesson from that;he will rust on the bench.
Chelsea may have all the millions to buy all the Ballacks,schevchenko,Kalou and Mr. loud mouth,they will not win champions league next season meaning they will still under-achieve.
Re: Chelsea's Success: Mourinho's Management Or Abrahamovich's Millions? by Christino(m): 6:14pm On May 31, 2006
u r da man. It's like coaching Brazil and winning the world cup, come and coach Angola now, and people talk about Porto as if they are not a team, remember they trashed liverpool o (without mourinho).
Re: Chelsea's Success: Mourinho's Management Or Abrahamovich's Millions? by darqly(m): 6:15pm On May 31, 2006
Roman's millions is chiefly responsible for Chelski's surge! I know this will rile the "nouveau" Blues fans, but most of you are fair weather luggage nonetheless. Drog was overpriced and he has not delivered; SWP was purchased just so that the other teams won't get their paws on him; Essien was lured away from Utd overtures, and he is also a bloody slacker; Sheva has been lured to Stamford and claims he wants his baby to learn english- Balderdash!! Why didn't he sign for Blackburn rovers if language is the main attraction? Now Mikel has been conned into wasting his formative years on a star-studded waiting list, do you really see Mikel getting the nod ahead of Ballack,Lamps,Makalele or even Essien- Who I tip to make room for Ballack?? Tell me how long 29 year olds are going to play first team football, will they justify the money wasted on them? I think not. Abramovich is paying a huge price for success, instant success. This is not a long-term investment, it's for the here and now. How full is Stamford Bridge at full capacity? How many fans watched them win the league this season? Less than 50,000. Why? He is already trying to recoup, tickets are expensive and will keep being too. One thing's for sure: Roman's billions won't guarantee the champions league. Champions league football is all about HEART- Relive Liverpool's comeback last season. Mourinho's marauders are mercenaries, men like that don't give you 101%.Chelski has bought instant SUCCESS, Mourinho just managed it.
Re: Chelsea's Success: Mourinho's Management Or Abrahamovich's Millions? by Lasun(m): 6:45pm On May 31, 2006
Christino:

you're da man. It's like coaching Brazil and winning the world cup, come and coach Angola now, and people talk about Porto as if they are not a team, remember they trashed liverpool o (without mourinho).

If you draft Arsene wenger,Rafael Benitez or Alex ferguson to coach Angola,they will still need a basket to pack their goals,Angola simply does not have it,they lack what it takes to perform at the world stage,we messed up our qualification that's how they got their chance.I hope we will not see a 7-10 goals mauling of that Akwa lead side
It was Benfica and not Porto that defeated a tired Liverpool side,get you facts right,remeber they had to go through qualification.
Real Madrid adopted a policy of buying the best (aging) stars in the world a few years ago - lots of pretty football, not a lot of trophies.
Re: Chelsea's Success: Mourinho's Management Or Abrahamovich's Millions? by Lasun(m): 6:58pm On May 31, 2006
LMAO
They can still only play 11 players.

Shankly built a team on synergy and the philosophy still stands.

Liverpool teams are greater than the sum of the individual players who play.

Chelsea somehow manage to produce a "team" that is not as good as the individuals they have available should be.

If you play Shevchenko you can't play one or possibly both of Drogba / Crespo

If you play Ballack then Joe Cole/Essien/Makelele has to go.

The game is about the 11 on the pitch not the 11 sitting in the stand on their big fat wallets
Re: Chelsea's Success: Mourinho's Management Or Abrahamovich's Millions? by Christino(m): 7:05pm On May 31, 2006
i quite disagree Lasun, Real Madrid, since 2003 have won nothing, look at how many coaches have coached them, but look at what Benitez did with Liverpool. Organization matters a lot in a team, some teams just need someone to put them together, look at bulgaria in 1994, Croatia in 1998 and South Korea and Turkey in 2004, so you see man.

Sorry for the mismatch, Porto trashed Man-U in mourinho's time and then, benfica where just a bunch of nuts (at least Porto did the double) then benfica trashed the defending champions (and for them to have lost out to porto the previous year) that says a lot about porto and both are the biggest clubs in Portugal. So a coach without monetary and talent back up is just there. Wigan put up a nice challenge in the first half of the season, if only they could get two or three talents, they could have gone veeeryy far, coz they were in second position for about 7 weeks.
Re: Chelsea's Success: Mourinho's Management Or Abrahamovich's Millions? by Akolawole(m): 9:48pm On May 31, 2006
A wonderful topic by TwinsTaiye but it had been hijacked by people who even don't know the Colour of Chelsea's shirt.

T&T is very very clear about the purpose of the thread though.
Re: Chelsea's Success: Mourinho's Management Or Abrahamovich's Millions? by kaybee(m): 12:16pm On Jun 01, 2006
all u chelsea haters y cant u just leave us alone. or is now a sin 4 someone 2 progress i tire ooooh. join us now or be a loser 4 life
Re: Chelsea's Success: Mourinho's Management Or Abrahamovich's Millions? by amodu(m): 1:41pm On Jun 01, 2006
if they like make they follow chelsea if they make dey no follows we dont even need them just leave them alone make den they talk
na free world we dey, feel free to express your feelings, leave make den they jam talk.
Re: Chelsea's Success: Mourinho's Management Or Abrahamovich's Millions? by bami(m): 4:04pm On Jun 01, 2006
Christino:

i quite disagree Lasun, Real Madrid, since 2003 have won nothing, look at how many coaches have coached them, but look at what Benitez did with Liverpool. Organization matters a lot in a team, some teams just need someone to put them together, look at bulgaria in 1994, Croatia in 1998 and South Korea and Turkey in 2004, so you see man.

Sorry for the mismatch, Porto trashed Man-U in mourinho's time and then, benfica where just a bunch of nuts (at least Porto did the double) then benfica trashed the defending champions (and for them to have lost out to porto the previous year) that says a lot about porto and both are the biggest clubs in Portugal. So a coach without monetary and talent back up is just there. Wigan put up a nice challenge in the first half of the season, if only they could get two or three talents, they could have gone veeeryy far, because they were in second position for about 7 weeks.

thrashed which man u? with away goal rules? is that trashing? we all know they controversially beat the red devils with a clean goal by scholes ruled out and of course cheap tactics chelsea is using now ( diving and faking injuries ) doubt me then ask derlei, deco and co.
As for mr special dude(one) he could not have one it the second time if he were still coach of porto. He is pure using the russian's millions or rather billions, he would probably have been at real madrid if not for the money

Re: Chelsea's Success: Mourinho's Management Or Abrahamovich's Millions? by kaybee(m): 4:37pm On Jun 01, 2006
bizzy body, send a mail 2 ur coach 2 advice his boys 2 start diving and faking injuries and lets see wat their season would end like
Re: Chelsea's Success: Mourinho's Management Or Abrahamovich's Millions? by lalaboi(m): 4:38pm On Jun 01, 2006
Hmm. I dnt knw hw it disturbs some ppl dat we spend money. Is ur money?

Now to d topic. I believe dis thread was brought up due to jealousy. Well if u want d answer, its mourinho mourinho mourinho. Come on gt it 2 ur skulls, dis guy is one of d best.
Re: Chelsea's Success: Mourinho's Management Or Abrahamovich's Millions? by Akolawole(m): 4:41pm On Jun 01, 2006
lalaboi:

Now to d topic. I believe this thread was brought up due to jealousy. Well if u want d answer, its mourinho mourinho mourinho.

I dont think the thread is about ENEMITY.

I believe TwinsTaiye is not that kind of a person.

He raised two issues and wants our opinion.

I just dont understand some people. They need to tailor their arguments on those two issues. Mourinho or the millions
Re: Chelsea's Success: Mourinho's Management Or Abrahamovich's Millions? by segedoo(m): 4:45pm On Jun 01, 2006
both man,both!!
A lethal combo that works for anyone- not just in football.
Re: Chelsea's Success: Mourinho's Management Or Abrahamovich's Millions? by kaybee(m): 4:52pm On Jun 01, 2006
did u just say one of d best? i guess dat was a slip of tongue. we are talking about d best coach any team could ever wish for i mean dis guy is just 2 much. after winning with  a  small team like porto and u expect him not 2 succeed with a team like chelsea, dats absolutely impossible
Re: Chelsea's Success: Mourinho's Management Or Abrahamovich's Millions? by bami(m): 5:07pm On Jun 01, 2006
u guys are just as arrogant as your coach, did i say he does not know coach.
carry him to sunderland let me see the miracle he will perform.

management 40% ego 60%
Re: Chelsea's Success: Mourinho's Management Or Abrahamovich's Millions? by hucarson(m): 5:46pm On Jun 01, 2006
@ Bami,
You r absolutely spot-on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It was the Man Utd V Porto match(2003/04) at Old Trafford that made Mourinho what he is today.
Paul Scholes scored a valid goal but a visually-impaired line assistant disallowed a very good goal.
Had that goal stood, Porto would have been eliminated early in the competiton and Mourinho would never have won the Champions league, let alone being noticed by Roman Abrahamovic.

Back to the issue,
Roman's wealth is a major factor to Chelsea's success and maybe a lil' bit of Jose's managerial capabilities.

Analysis.
Majority of Mourinho's buys(excluding Michael Essien) before now have been very disappointing. Del Horno,Carvallho,Drogba, Kezman and Wright-Phillips have not really justified their value at Chelsea. They r simply bunch of mediocres.

Technically, the major performers at Chelsea today have always been Claudio Ranieri's properties.
Petr Cech, Arjen Robben, Damien Duff, Joe Cole, Frank Lampard,Claude Makelele and Hernan Crespo were all bought by the tinker-man which proves Mourinho's success was hugely built on the sweats of Ranieri.

Ranieri laid a good foundation for Jose to build a solid team on so i cannot really say Jose is excellent managerially.
Without a doubt, He is a good motivator but money has helped Jose's cause as well.
I don't think Jose Mourinho would have led  a team like Sunderland FC or West Brom to win the Premiership.

My Verdict
Abrahamovic's Millions             80%
Mourinho's Management          15%
LUCK                                     5%
Re: Chelsea's Success: Mourinho's Management Or Abrahamovich's Millions? by Akolawole(m): 6:13pm On Jun 01, 2006
hucarson:

It was the Man Utd V Porto match(2003/04) at Old Trafford that made Mourinho what he is today.
    Paul Scholes scored a valid goal but a visually-impaired line assistant disallowed a very good goal.
    Had that goal stood, Porto would have been eliminated early in the competiton and Mourinho would never have   won the Champions league, let alone being noticed by Roman Abrahamovic.

Majority of Mourinho's buys(excluding Michael Essien) before now have been very disappointing. Del      Horno,Carvallho,Drogba, Kezman and Wright-Phillips have not really justified their value at Chelsea. They r simply bunch of mediocres.

Technically, the major performers at Chelsea today have always been Claudio Ranieri's properties.
Petr Cech, Arjen Robben, Damien Duff, Joe Cole, Frank Lampard,Claude Makelele and Hernan Crespo were all bought by the tinker-man which proves Mourinho's success was hugely built on the sweats of Ranieri.

Good Analysis.

For clarity purpose, i have sectioned your analysis.

Paragraph 1

Before that match, Jose had won portuguese title and UEFA CUP [ This was a year before he came to Old Tratford].

Now coming back to the disallowed goal, Do you as a United supporter need to complain of such? What happen to Spurs goal at Old Tratford last season? Please Tell me.

Paragraph 2

Jose did not buy Kezman. It was the Tinkerman that bought him from PSV.

Is Cavaliho a mediocre player?  [ UEFA's 2004 Best Defender]. He is far far better than Ferdinand.
Please go ans watch his goal against United at Stamford bridge, no wonder he was given man-of-the-match award.

Paragraph 3

Robben and Duff = a performer. I can't stop laughing. Worse, worse player last season. It was because of their stupidity that compel Jose to go for Shaun.

What is Crespo playing for us?

In Ranieri's year, What can Joe Cole play? He's just average. Now Jose has turned him to A first-teamer both in club and country.
Re: Chelsea's Success: Mourinho's Management Or Abrahamovich's Millions? by hucarson(m): 8:51pm On Jun 01, 2006
@ Akola,
grin grin grin grin grin

Why do u have to open your own can of worms?
Anyway,let me address your reply one by one.

* Portugese title or whatever is called is as crappy as the country itself.
I have always known Benfica and Porto to emerge Champions in that league since i started watching Eurosport as a kid.
Anyone can steer Porto and Benfica to win the Portugese league as this has become birth-rights to these 2 clubs. Its just like Celtic and Rangers in Scottish League. Mourinho did not do anything extra-ordinary @ Porto. Porto have always been a good team by the Portugese league's standards.
The likes of Mario Jardel et al were all living legends way back so it wan't Jose that brought glory to the club.

Spur's goal at Old Trafford was still a bit debatable. Why? Spur's goal did not hit the back of the net. The ball crossed the goal-line by yards but it did not hit the net. Paul Scholes goal smashed the net and a visually-impaired ref assistant disallowed it for his own stupid reasons.
Besides,isn't the Champions League a bigger competition than the English League? Uefa Champions League is just a bit behind the World Cup in class and quality so one should expect better officiating than the Premiership.

I can authoritatively say Mourinho signed Mateja Kezman for £5m from PSV in July 2004. It wasn't Ranieri that signed him.
It beats me u don't even know so much about your "darling team".
How can u say Carvalho is better than Ferdinand? I wont be surprised if u say Etim Esin is better than Ronaldinho.
Rio Ferdinand is the best central defender in the Premiership by miles. Terry and Carvalho gets mentioned because Makelele does an exemplary job in covering Chelsea's back four. Makelele breaks opposition's attacks for Terry and Carvallho to pick up the scraps hence making their jobs easy.

Carvallho's goal against Man Utd is a simple case of counter-attack where 5 Chelsea players were against 2 Man Utd defenders.
My Grandma would have scored a better goal than Carvallho's in the same position and scenario.
As far as i am concerned, Ferdinand + Kolo Toure + Jamie Carragher + John Terry and Gallas are all better than Carvallho as central defenders.
Go n check the stats: Terry + Gallas Vs Terry + Carvallho and tell me which combination had let in more goals in Chelsea's defence.
Why did Mourinho axe Carvallho and even said Carvallho suffers from IQ problems?

Are u asking me what Crespo did at Chelsea?
U should have asked me what Crespo did at AC Milan? He was a better player at Milan than a defensive team like Chelsea that plays a lone striker. Everyone knows Crespo is a good striker. Jose's formation should be blamed for Crespo's inadequacies.
Robben and Duff are one of the most hard-working players in Chelsea's ranks. Have u forgotten how Robben blew up the English League apart in the 2004/05 season before his injury at Blackburn? Robben gave Chelsea an edge and he single-handedly prised defences apart.
He is one of the most important players in Chelsea.
Mourinho signed Shaun Wright Phillips because he did not want any of his rivals to make use of him. We all knew Shaun Wright Phillips had no business in Chelsea's overcrowded midfield players. Arsenal was Shawn's best choice but the love of money clawed into him and his dad.

Is your SWP not more useless than the Robben and Duff u think are stupid?
At least a player bought for £21m to solve a problem should be better than his predecessors. SWP is a disappointing player who just runs up and down on the pitch like a headless chicken.
Joe Cole had always been a good player. He was young in Ranieri's days and u have to allow some degree of inconsistencies so u should expect him to develop as years go by.
Its like saying Ferguson made Rooney a first teamer. Rooney had always been exceptional. These Managers don't train players like u think.
Managers only ensure these young players develop in the right manner to be the best they can be.
Re: Chelsea's Success: Mourinho's Management Or Abrahamovich's Millions? by shashxxl(m): 9:15pm On Jun 01, 2006
I've heard the pros and cons of your debates, I reside in UK and i've been a season ticket holder of Chelsea since Gianluca Vialli was manager when we had the best of Zola era, stamford bridge is near my home in sloane square south kensington and i've not missed a home game since 2001. I wish to demistify all these hurly burly controversies of what really makes chelsea ticks, is it the billions bestowed upon the club in August 2003 or the man management and tactical Genius of the man Mourinho that made chelsea win back to back titles in two consecutive seasons 2004/2005 and 2005/2006? The answers are short and simple and i hope this clarifies it all once and for all for those soccer novices who sit on their backsides and merely read tabloid junkies and dont take pains to research facts. That chelsea regained is premiership title after 50years of hiatus {1955}and retained it again was made necessary by Roman's wealth but not a sufficient reason.The brain behind chelsea is the tactics and man management,sense of unity and togetherness injected into the team that has brought them into global reckoning.That of course was made possible by the man Jose Mourinho. Remember Mourinho won 2004 champions league with a supposedly mediocre Porto team which had no billions and this is a testament that
Re: Chelsea's Success: Mourinho's Management Or Abrahamovich's Millions? by Akolawole(m): 9:36pm On Jun 01, 2006
shashxxl:

The brain behind chelsea is the tactics and man management,sense of unity and togetherness injected into the team that has brought them into global reckoning.That of course was made possible by the man Jose Mourinho. Remember Mourinho won 2004 champions league with a supposedly mediocre Porto team which had no billions and this is a testament that

WORD!
Re: Chelsea's Success: Mourinho's Management Or Abrahamovich's Millions? by shashxxl(m): 9:38pm On Jun 01, 2006
, {contd}  he has won at the highest level without financial back up.Conversely 2003/2004 season when chelsea had Ranieri at the helm of affair and Abramovich had funds thrown at him with over 35 players on chelsea's payroll  Ranieri had no trophy to show for it that season with the so called billions, no FA CUP, no Carling cup, no Premiership{though chelsea came second to Arsenal} but was kicked out  champions league semifinal by Monaco no thanks to Ranieri's infamous tinkering. That goes to show that money does not auomatically translate to success without great management and tactical efficiency which Mourinho possesses. i have done a comprehensive and detailed research on Abramovich his rise to power in communist russia,checked dossiers on Mourinho and i hate to say this to anti chelsea fans, this team will be around for some time in terms of glory.Mourinho lives and breath football. Ifu dont believe ask Joe Cole , a player Mourinho has helped reinvented.The hardest job in football is keeping array of stars happy and getting the best out of them e.g egos and all that comes with territory.Mourinho might come across as arrogant but successful people its called ultra confidence.Mourinho does his homework on oher teams with detailed powerpoint illustrations to his players to the extent that players like John Terry,Lampard and even Robben confessed Mourinho makes their jobs easy with his prematch analyses in dressing room that by the time they file out on the pitch they know what to expect fromeach player in the opposition's team. Special One deserves his dues,and its high time he is applauded.
With the signing of Shevchenko and Ballack, champions league and premiership will be on the cards next season though i must admit Benitez and Liverpool have done some tremendous work last season but chelsea has raised the bar and Mourinho is a perfectionist. Finally seems many people have selective amnesia with the fact that Blackburn rovers won with millions in 1995 but couldnt retain  as they fell apart.Big up to Mourino.The Special One
Re: Chelsea's Success: Mourinho's Management Or Abrahamovich's Millions? by Akolawole(m): 9:42pm On Jun 01, 2006
hucarson:

@ Akola,
grin grin grin grin grin

Why do u have to open your own can of worms?
Anyway,let me address your reply one by one.

* Portugese title or whatever is called is as crappy as the country itself.
I have always known Benfica and Porto to emerge Champions in that league since i started watching Eurosport as a kid.
Anyone can steer Porto and Benfica to win the Portugese league as this has become birth-rights to these 2 clubs. Its just like Celtic and Rangers in Scottish League. Mourinho did not do anything extra-ordinary @ Porto. Porto have always been a good team by the Portugese league's standards.
The likes of Mario Jardel et al were all living legends way back so it wan't Jose that brought glory to the club.

Spur's goal at Old Trafford was still a bit debatable. Why? Spur's goal did not hit the back of the net. The ball crossed the goal-line by yards but it did not hit the net. Paul Scholes goal smashed the net and a visually-impaired ref assistant disallowed it for his own stupid reasons.
Besides,isn't the Champions League a bigger competition than the English League? Uefa Champions League is just a bit behind the World Cup in class and quality so one should expect better officiating than the Premiership.

I can authoritatively say Mourinho signed Mateja Kezman for £5m from PSV in July 2004. It wasn't Ranieri that signed him.
It beats me u don't even know so much about your "darling team".
How can u say Carvalho is better than Ferdinand? I wont be surprised if u say Etim Esin is better than Ronaldinho.
Rio Ferdinand is the best central defender in the Premiership by miles. Terry and Carvalho gets mentioned because Makelele does an exemplary job in covering Chelsea's back four. Makelele breaks opposition's attacks for Terry and Carvallho to pick up the scraps hence making their jobs easy.

Carvallho's goal against Man Utd is a simple case of counter-attack where 5 Chelsea players were against 2 Man Utd defenders.
My Grandma would have scored a better goal than Carvallho's in the same position and scenario.
As far as i am concerned, Ferdinand + Kolo Toure + Jamie Carragher + John Terry and Gallas are all better than Carvallho as central defenders.
Go n check the stats: Terry + Gallas Vs Terry + Carvallho and tell me which combination had let in more goals in Chelsea's defence.
Why did Mourinho axe Carvallho and even said Carvallho have got IQ problems?

Are u asking me what Crespo did at Chelsea?
U should have asked me what Crespo did at AC Milan? He was a better player at Milan than a defensive team like Chelsea that plays a lone striker. Everyone knows Crespo is a good striker. Jose's formation should be blamed for Crespo's inadequacies.
Robben and Duff are one of the most hard-working players in Chelsea's ranks. Have u forgotten how Robben blew up the English League apart in the 2004/05 season before his injury at Blackburn? Robben gave Chelsea an edge and he single-handedly prised defences apart.
He is one of the most important players in Chelsea.
Mourinho signed Shaun Wright Phillips because he did not want any of his rivals to make use of him. We all knew Shaun Wright Phillips had no business in Chelsea's overcrowded midfield players. Arsenal was Shawn's best choice but the love of money clawed into him and his dad.

Is your SWP not more useless than the Robben and Duff u think are stupid?
At least a player bought for £21m to solve a problem should be better than his predecessors. SWP is a disappointing player who just runs up and down on the pitch like a headless chicken.
Joe Cole had always been a good player. He was young in Ranieri's days and u have to allow some degree of inconsistencies so u should expect him to develop as years go by.
Its like saying Ferguson made Rooney a first teamer. Rooney had always been exceptional. These Managers don't train players like u think.
Managers only ensure these young players develop in the right manner to be the best they can be.

@Huccarsson

Even though there are lapses in your comment.

I WILL NOT COMMENT FURTHER ON THIS, I DONT WANT IT TO DEGENERATE INTO ANOTHER THING like the previous.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Manchester United Wants Enyeama / Wigan Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On Saturday December 17, 2011 / Chelsea Vs Liverpool (2-0) Sunday 4th October 2009

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.