Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,295 members, 7,808,003 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:20 AM

Chelsea's Success: Mourinho's Management Or Abrahamovich's Millions? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Chelsea's Success: Mourinho's Management Or Abrahamovich's Millions? (6150 Views)

Poll: Which Is Responsible for Chelsea's Success?

Mourinho 's Managerial Capabilities: 60% (21 votes)
Abrahamovich Millions?: 40% (14 votes)
This poll has ended

Has Benitez Been A Chelsea Success At Chelsea? / Abrahamovich's Wife To Bid For Arsenal FC / 90% Of Chelsea Fans In Nigeria Are Post Abrahamovich? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chelsea's Success: Mourinho's Management Or Abrahamovich's Millions? by hucarson(m): 7:55pm On Jun 03, 2006
@ lalaboi,
A very good question.
I have joined Man Utd since i have been able to understand the game of football on TV.
Besides,my parents support Man Utd.
I hope i have answered ur question.
Re: Chelsea's Success: Mourinho's Management Or Abrahamovich's Millions? by lalaboi(m): 8:42pm On Jun 03, 2006
I want u tell me d specific reason u joined man utd. Tell me d age u understood football on tv, and d age u started supporting ur team.

Dnt get annoyed about my qsts o.
Re: Chelsea's Success: Mourinho's Management Or Abrahamovich's Millions? by hucarson(m): 10:09pm On Jun 03, 2006
I joined Man Utd at the age of 5/6(or thereabout) cos that was when i began to watch and really understand the basic principles and rules that governs the game.
The main factor that condemned to be a Red Devil is the team's undying spirit and character.
Write off Man Utd at ur own peril.
Re: Chelsea's Success: Mourinho's Management Or Abrahamovich's Millions? by lalaboi(m): 7:43am On Jun 04, 2006
@hucs

5/6!, i cnt blieve u. 4rm my view, u ar red devil because ur parents wer red devils. At d age u mentioned u understood d game, u didnt knw anytn. U just sit and watch wit ur parents. U didnt understand anytin!
O boy giv me a good age. No b dat yeye 1.
Re: Chelsea's Success: Mourinho's Management Or Abrahamovich's Millions? by spikelord(m): 8:06am On Jun 04, 2006
@ Huc, That should have been in the mid 80s
Re: Chelsea's Success: Mourinho's Management Or Abrahamovich's Millions? by hucarson(m): 9:55am On Jun 04, 2006
@ lalaboi,
I am so sure of that age cos i could name all the team members of Man Utd at that age.
It was at a time Man Utd was struggling to stay on the premier league and Ferguson was about to be sacked but his victory over Nothingham Forest(English Giants) @ the FA cup saved Ferguson's job.

Man United later went on to beat Spanish Champions Barcelona at the European Cup Winners' Cup a season later and that was when United emerged itself as a force to reckon with. This was the early 90s.
Re: Chelsea's Success: Mourinho's Management Or Abrahamovich's Millions? by lalaboi(m): 11:02am On Jun 04, 2006
@hucs.
Hw old are u?
Re: Chelsea's Success: Mourinho's Management Or Abrahamovich's Millions? by hucarson(m): 11:32am On Jun 04, 2006
Check ma profile and do the math! grin
Re: Chelsea's Success: Mourinho's Management Or Abrahamovich's Millions? by lalaboi(m): 11:59am On Jun 04, 2006
Pls. I access dis site through my 4ne. So i cnt check profiles. Even pictures i dnt view or c.
Re: Chelsea's Success: Mourinho's Management Or Abrahamovich's Millions? by hucarson(m): 3:18pm On Jun 04, 2006
Too bad then.
U can post the question as a topic on Nairaland.
Loadz of Nairalanders will tell ya what ma age is. grin
Re: Chelsea's Success: Mourinho's Management Or Abrahamovich's Millions? by spikelord(m): 4:06pm On Jun 04, 2006
Hey, Hucarson is agbalagba oh!
Re: Chelsea's Success: Mourinho's Management Or Abrahamovich's Millions? by Akolawole(m): 2:32pm On Jun 05, 2006
@Huca

This is one of the links i want to give you to read.

Please read Macarthy's comment

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/champions_league/3687311.stm
Re: Chelsea's Success: Mourinho's Management Or Abrahamovich's Millions? by spikelord(m): 2:35pm On Jun 05, 2006
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Chelsea's Success: Mourinho's Management Or Abrahamovich's Millions? by spikelord(m): 2:38pm On Jun 05, 2006
shocked shocked shocked,

Oh I forgot, MaCarthy was one of Mourinho's boys @ Porto
Re: Chelsea's Success: Mourinho's Management Or Abrahamovich's Millions? by cabali(m): 11:50am On Jun 06, 2006
what is this all about huh!?
Re: Chelsea's Success: Mourinho's Management Or Abrahamovich's Millions? by spikelord(m): 11:53am On Jun 06, 2006
Mourinho's the man behind Chelsea's success.

How many good players did he manage when he coached Porto before Porto lifted the UCL cup?

He can still do his thangs without the big names you know!
Re: Chelsea's Success: Mourinho's Management Or Abrahamovich's Millions? by cabali(m): 12:07pm On Jun 06, 2006
I agree with u on that one! and he is goin to make it great next season just watch
Re: Chelsea's Success: Mourinho's Management Or Abrahamovich's Millions? by spikelord(m): 12:08pm On Jun 06, 2006
Yes, he's goinna make it but my Gunners are there to toughen his boys!
Re: Chelsea's Success: Mourinho's Management Or Abrahamovich's Millions? by cabali(m): 12:18pm On Jun 06, 2006
Yes that is all arsenal can do to them- tough them up but they will still be under chelsea 'cept mourhino leaves
Re: Chelsea's Success: Mourinho's Management Or Abrahamovich's Millions? by Omolulu(m): 12:07pm On May 17, 2007
Many people may say that Abramovich's millions were instrumental in Chelsea's success.I agree likewise but i also want to point out that Chelsea's success is largely due to mourinho's ability to harness different players from different clubs and leagues,intergrate them into a squad and achieve success in his first 2 seasons at Stamford bridge.Bringing players like Essien from France,Carvalho and Ferreira from Portugal,Robben from Holland,DD from France and blending them with Frank and J.terry and yet achieving success is no mean feat.Many modern managers take time to blend into the system before making any impact eg The coaches at real madrid from the exit of Del Bosque have found it difficult putting madrid back in the limelight.Most coaches achieve success with teams that have been together or players that have played in the same league for some time.Jose has shown his a quality coach with his work at Chelsea.Besides any coach who has won a champions league trophy is good ; Ferguson,Mourinho,Hertzfeld.Cryuff,Ancelloti,Del Bosque,Capello etc. wink wink
Re: Chelsea's Success: Mourinho's Management Or Abrahamovich's Millions? by Razorr(f): 12:29pm On May 17, 2007
Omolulu,

You are the man after my own heart! kiss kiss grin grin grin
Re: Chelsea's Success: Mourinho's Management Or Abrahamovich's Millions? by mukina2: 12:35pm On May 17, 2007
puhleazeeeeeee tongue
Re: Chelsea's Success: Mourinho's Management Or Abrahamovich's Millions? by topeorekoy(m): 12:52pm On May 17, 2007
BOTH ROMAN'S CASH AND JOSE'S MANAGERIAL SKILLS WORKED FOR CHELSEA. WHAT I BELIEVE IS THAT THE CASH MADE A GREATER IMPACT ON THE TEAM. IMAGINE A PLAYER GETTING OVER 100,000 POUNDS A WEEK, WONT HE KILL HIMSELF ON THE FIELD? TAKE ANOTHER GOOD COACH TO THE BRIDGE WITH THE SAME PLAYERS AND SEE IF HE WONT WIN TROPHIES LIKE JOSE. IT WAS THE CASH THAT FETCHED THEM ALL THE TROPHIES THE GOT. MONEY TALKS MY PPLE.

WE ALL KNOW THAT ESSIEN WAS THE MAN AT LYON, DROGBA AT MARSELLE WHEN THEY SAW MONEY, THEOBVIOUSLY HAVE TO GIVE THEIR BEST SO THAT THEY WONT GO THE WAY OF KEZMAN (HIGHEST GOAL SCORER IN PSV THEN)
Re: Chelsea's Success: Mourinho's Management Or Abrahamovich's Millions? by wormedup(m): 1:55pm On May 17, 2007
i'd smite hucarson for being such a liar !
man u fan at the age of 6 ! and u can remember all the team players then shocked
i hate bumping this thread but hurcarson is a killer !

if u can remember the complete squad then u won't have a proplem remembering your position in primary school, plus the text books u used, would you ?
how your dad's favorite column in the dailies cool
big fat . . . . tongue
Re: Chelsea's Success: Mourinho's Management Or Abrahamovich's Millions? by mukina2: 2:14pm On May 17, 2007
wormy becareful for what you wish for tongue grin
Jackal Hucarson is away grin
Re: Chelsea's Success: Mourinho's Management Or Abrahamovich's Millions? by lalaboi(m): 10:15am On May 21, 2007
away! no be send am to prison?
Re: Chelsea's Success: Mourinho's Management Or Abrahamovich's Millions? by Nobody: 11:41am On May 21, 2007
It is a simply issue. Coach is responsible for any team's success. Take for instance: Abramovich bought Shevy, thinking he will boost the team's scoring ability but see. Abramovich only contribute to the increase in Chelsea's supporters. grin
Re: Chelsea's Success: Mourinho's Management Or Abrahamovich's Millions? by Wahala90: 1:33pm On Jan 21, 2012
TAKE ANOTHER GOOD COACH TO THE BRIDGE WITH THE SAME PLAYERS AND SEE IF HE WONT WIN TROPHIES LIKE JOSE.
When u made this statement in 2007, you think you were talking. Now what do you think. In 2012, after changing many coaches. It is clear that Mou's Capabilities brought the Chelsea success.
Re: Chelsea's Success: Mourinho's Management Or Abrahamovich's Millions? by twinstaiye(m): 12:42pm On Jul 07, 2014
And in 2014, it is quite clear that it is sure the Abramovic Millions is what is going on for Chelsea, as Coaches after Mourinho left has won some trophy for the Club.
Re: Chelsea's Success: Mourinho's Management Or Abrahamovich's Millions? by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jul 09, 2014
I will reply next year (2015) when I can proudly say.. This is the 2nd year that Mourinho is going trophyless in Chelsea and a 3rd if we count from Madrid Era.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Picture Of A Barcelona Fan Crying / Chelsea Vs Aston Villa On Sunday, January 2nd; 2.30pm / Greatest Footballers of All Time! (soccer)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.