Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,411 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:36 AM

Movie Script Writers, Let's Meet Here. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Movie Script Writers, Let's Meet Here. (12671 Views)

Calling On All Script Writers!!!submit A Short Script For A Chance To Win N1m!! / Do You Want To Earn Btw N80-N130k Per Movie Script Here In 9ja? Then Read This! / Nairaland Writers Let's Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Movie Script Writers, Let's Meet Here. by megajay1(m): 6:49pm On Aug 26, 2013
If you have written any movie script, sold or unsold. If you are planning to or you are still writing can we meet here, introduce ourselves and share our experiences.Ask questions and be answered by ppl that are well grounded in the game. thank u
Re: Movie Script Writers, Let's Meet Here. by Chanchit: 7:02pm On Aug 26, 2013
Subscribed.
Re: Movie Script Writers, Let's Meet Here. by megajay1(m): 7:11pm On Aug 26, 2013
Chanchit: Subscribed.
got u there bro....let's hope odaz will join up
Re: Movie Script Writers, Let's Meet Here. by Deiok(m): 9:36pm On Aug 26, 2013
*following* i will also like to know any one with christain drama scripts.
Re: Movie Script Writers, Let's Meet Here. by yemi2plus(m): 9:38pm On Aug 26, 2013
Deiok: *following* i will also like to know any one with christain drama scripts.
how much are you willing to pay?
Re: Movie Script Writers, Let's Meet Here. by Deiok(m): 9:41pm On Aug 26, 2013
yemi2plus2:
how much are you willing to pay?
Bro. Christaing scripts are not suppose to be sold, expecially stage play. Cause it use as a means of spreading the gospel and ministering to people.
Re: Movie Script Writers, Let's Meet Here. by megajay1(m): 10:22pm On Aug 26, 2013
Deiok: Bro. Christaing scripts are not suppose to be sold, expecially stage play. Cause it use as a means of spreading the gospel and ministering to people.
hey bro......u at really funny, cheesy
Deiok: Bro. Christaing scripts are not suppose to be sold, expecially stage play. Cause it use as a means of spreading the gospel and ministering to people.
hey bro......u at really funny,
Re: Movie Script Writers, Let's Meet Here. by megajay1(m): 10:24pm On Aug 26, 2013
well, let me introduce myself. I am j_henry, I will call myself a newbie on the platform as a movie script writer. I my genre is war and action.
Re: Movie Script Writers, Let's Meet Here. by megajay1(m): 10:24pm On Aug 26, 2013
well, let me introduce myself. I am j_henry, I will call myself a newbie on the platform as a movie script writer. My genre is war and action.
Re: Movie Script Writers, Let's Meet Here. by nikky5(m): 10:43pm On Aug 26, 2013
I stopped selling my scripts in 2005 when I produced MOMENT OF JOY.U will see my name at the opening montage.I still have many unsold scripts because you dont good money for your scripts.I have afew hot unproduced yoruba movie scripts as well as christian stage scripts.I also write advert scripts waiting for a media ad house to come to my aid.
Re: Movie Script Writers, Let's Meet Here. by megajay1(m): 5:04am On Aug 27, 2013
nikky5: I stopped selling my scripts in 2005 when I produced MOMENT OF JOY.U will see my name at the opening montage.I still have many unsold scripts because you dont good money for your scripts.I have afew hot unproduced yoruba movie scripts as well as christian stage scripts.I also write advert scripts waiting for a media ad house to come to my aid.
Dats nollywood for u, I ve heard about that also, dat u don't get paid adequately for your scripts, maybe dis tread can help u discover from your fellow script writers how to manoeuvre that problem
Re: Movie Script Writers, Let's Meet Here. by yemi2plus(m): 7:19am On Aug 27, 2013
are you for real? What scripts are to be sold?

1 Like

Re: Movie Script Writers, Let's Meet Here. by Deiok(m): 9:12pm On Aug 27, 2013
yemi2plus2:
are you for real? What scripts are to be sold?
What kind of question is that.
i am just trying to point out somthing that christain drama script is also a means of promoting the gospel, and should be given out in free will, but someone can decide to give the script writer or owner a token inorder to encourage him.
Re: Movie Script Writers, Let's Meet Here. by yemi2plus(m): 9:35pm On Aug 27, 2013
Deiok: What kind of question is that.
i am just trying to point out somthing that christain drama script is also a means of promoting the gospel, and should be given out in free will, but someone can decide to give the script writer or owner a token inorder to encourage him.
what is this one saying?
Because it's a mean of promoting the gospel it should be given out for free?
How many men of God give out blessings for free?

1 Like

Re: Movie Script Writers, Let's Meet Here. by blessykina(f): 3:53pm On Sep 07, 2013
Hi,i also have movie scripts and would love this wonderful gathering. My email bikokwu@yahoo.com
Re: Movie Script Writers, Let's Meet Here. by nikky5(m): 11:39pm On Sep 13, 2013
Can someone start a thread on movie scripting on this forum?Right now I am transforming one of my detective comedy script to a comedy story book.Am sure its going to be one of the funniest books Nigerians would like to read at all times except during meals cos that's the CAUTION.The starting point of any good script is a very good storyline followed by the plotting.Lets talk more about this next time.
Re: Movie Script Writers, Let's Meet Here. by yemi2plus(m): 4:36pm On Sep 14, 2013
nikky5: Can someone start a thread on movie scripting on this forum?Right now I am transforming one of my detective comedy script to a comedy story book.Am sure its going to be one of the funniest books Nigerians would like to read at all times except during meals cos that's the CAUTION.The starting point of any good script is a very good storyline followed by the plotting.Lets talk more about this next time.
you can open it and post the link there.
Re: Movie Script Writers, Let's Meet Here. by skillet(m): 5:57pm On Sep 14, 2013
nice topic. am sorry i cant say my real name here but i have written and produced and co produced countless shows and movies on television channels in nigeria including mnets african magic. before that i worked extensively on the nollywood scene with people like amaka igwe, RMD, ifeanyi azodo etc. am not trying to show off. just giving credence to what am about.
Re: Movie Script Writers, Let's Meet Here. by megajay1(m): 4:51pm On Sep 17, 2013
skillet: nice topic. am sorry i cant say my real name here but i have written and produced and co produced countless shows and movies on television channels in nigeria including mnets african magic. before that i worked extensively on the nollywood scene with people like amaka igwe, RMD, ifeanyi azodo etc. am not trying to show off. just giving credence to what am about.
hey man you can be of help to us all.......I noticed that the script writers in nollywood don't get enough respect in there because producers feel its a waste of money paying for a script when they know dy too can come up with one. All because each one of them have in their life time being script writers b4 getting to Wia dy are.
we need your advice, how to sell our script. We also congratulate you for your achievements so far.

2 Likes

Re: Movie Script Writers, Let's Meet Here. by sholay2011(m): 12:22am On Sep 18, 2013
I am a scriptwriter.
Re: Movie Script Writers, Let's Meet Here. by skillet(m): 6:51am On Oct 01, 2013
mega jay, i am sorry i didnt see your query earlier on. i was caught up wit work. now that i have seen them, i will try to give you my own point of view on the whole matter. i hope you are still following?
Re: Movie Script Writers, Let's Meet Here. by skillet(m): 7:29am On Oct 01, 2013
mega jay:
hey man you can be of help to us all.......I noticed that the script writers in nollywood don't get enough respect in there because producers feel its a waste of money paying for a script when they know dy too can come up with one. All because each one of them have in their life time being script writers b4 getting to Wia dy are.
we need your advice, how to sell our script. We also congratulate you for your achievements so far.

i think you are right in some way. you see a good film maker should be able to write a good film so, most producers started off as writers themselves. although this is a contributing factor, the main reasons nollywoood producers dont pay much for scripts are:

1. most times they end up re witing the script. this is because most fresh scriptwriters have no skill in screen playing and its dynamics. so they write stories instead of scripts. a seasoned producer who sees a good story wants it. if he sees that you, the writer, has hidden a lot of good points ie screen points, from the audience in a bid to show off your intelligence in your story, he knows he will have to re write it himself or pay good screenwriters like us to do the job. that, in my own opinion and experience is what i see as the first reason nollywood producers pay little. remember, its all about the audience. reading a story on paper is different from seeing it on screen. my advice would be for upcoming script writers to understand screen dynamics so that they have an idea of how their story will play out on screen. its not just enough to provide dialogue but sequencing the timeline is also very important.
Re: Movie Script Writers, Let's Meet Here. by skillet(m): 7:41am On Oct 01, 2013
2. the second reason i believe nollywood producers pay little is the LOW PROFILE OF THE WRITERS. when a writer has a higher profile, producers pay more. when we see writers like emem isong, we realise that it is possible to force good things upon Nigerians. by the way, HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY TO ALL NIGERIANS!! so, like i was saying, if you have mad skills in writing and you know it, keep working and building your profile. seek producers out. send them sample scripts. give offer them free stories. disturb them. go online. join forums. make noise. network. after sometime the producers will begin to respect or fear you. whatever works abi?

1 Like

Re: Movie Script Writers, Let's Meet Here. by skillet(m): 7:47am On Oct 01, 2013
other reasons include:

3. the cost of producing the movie

4. the message of the movie (as well as originality)

5. THE ECONOMY OF THE COUNTRY

i hope i have helped in my own little way?
Re: Movie Script Writers, Let's Meet Here. by sholay2011(m): 7:49am On Oct 01, 2013
@Skillet..

I really like your no 1 point. You mean script writers should not "tell" but "show" what can be seen onscreen.

Your no 2 point is quite true too. But amidst all this, only very few scriptwriters have impressed me in Nollywood. Like Kemi Adesoye (Figurine, Phone swap, former head writer for Tinsel).

I'm not an admirer of Emem Isong's boring love stories, sorry to say.

1 Like

Re: Movie Script Writers, Let's Meet Here. by skillet(m): 7:51am On Oct 01, 2013
sholay2011: @Skillet..

I really like your no 1 point. You mean script writers should not "tell" but "show" what can be seen onscreen.

Your no 2 point is quite true too. But amidst all this, only very few scriptwriters have impressed me in Nollywood. Like Kemi Adesoye (Figurine, Phone swap, former head writer for Tinsel).

I'm not an admirer of Emem Isong's boring love stories, sorry to say.

lol. dont let some of her fans hear you o. i wasnt there!
Re: Movie Script Writers, Let's Meet Here. by megajay1(m): 3:15pm On Oct 09, 2013
@skillet
thanks for you help. i appreciate

1 Like

Re: Movie Script Writers, Let's Meet Here. by danielmay16(m): 7:07pm On Oct 09, 2013

I'm not an admirer of Emem Isong's boring love stories, sorry to say. [/quote]

I STRONGLY SECOND THIS AND SAY NO TO CONVENTIONAL WRITINGS AND WRITERS WHO THINK WE DERIVE PLEASURE FROM MUNDANE ARCHAIC STUFFS

1 Like

Re: Movie Script Writers, Let's Meet Here. by skillet(m): 11:34pm On Oct 09, 2013
^^^ i strongly advice you swallow a bit of your own medicine and change your nl signature. its probably the most mundane thing.
Re: Movie Script Writers, Let's Meet Here. by danielmay16(m): 12:02am On Oct 10, 2013
skillet are u sayin smthn or wat, dnt b scared, spk louder but block not ur affected air passage, in case u do, get salbutamol, aiit
Re: Movie Script Writers, Let's Meet Here. by skillet(m): 8:14am On Oct 10, 2013
^^^ lol. you are an intelligent guy. i guess you already know what i am trying to say. before you begin to criticise the conventional way of doing things, you need to first learn why things are done that way. personally, i was not a fan of emem isong, but her success rate indicates she is doing something right. abi, dont you think so?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Professor Wole Soyinka Turns 78 Today-a Poem For Wole Soyinka / Wallahi-sam!!! / The 13 Best Horror Books To Relax Your Mind

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.