Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,296 members, 7,780,696 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:51 PM

FG Breaks-Off ASUU Negotiation, To Introduce Student Loans - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG Breaks-Off ASUU Negotiation, To Introduce Student Loans (40002 Views)

How To Obtain Student Loans In Nigeria Through Skye Bank / Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / ASUU Withdraw From Negotiation With Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Breaks-Off ASUU Negotiation, To Introduce Student Loans by neutralist: 5:46pm On Aug 27, 2013
All contract is an agreement but not all agreement is a contract. FG's repudiation may be on genuine reason of not being able to fund it.

3ace: Foolish people. You are always saying that the lecturers are only concerned about their own interest at the expense of the students. The question is why have you too not honoured the agreement you entered into in 2009? Did you sign the agreement under duress? If na wetin go benefits all dis useless politicians, dem go find a way to approve am. Nonsense!
Re: FG Breaks-Off ASUU Negotiation, To Introduce Student Loans by ignis: 5:46pm On Aug 27, 2013
ASUU don't want to give up and FG don't want to surrender as well.
Re: FG Breaks-Off ASUU Negotiation, To Introduce Student Loans by Vicconero: 5:52pm On Aug 27, 2013
[quote author=adbaba]Who dey decieve who?.na now day break!.so they have this agenda all this while and many privileges a Nigerian student is entitled of...FG no serious,abeg make them go park well!na wah ]
Re: FG Breaks-Off ASUU Negotiation, To Introduce Student Loans by Nobody: 5:55pm On Aug 27, 2013
deor03: what i want the Federal government to do in logical order
is this

1. Task NUC to carry out detailed study of the present universities,
with a view to determining their worth in Naira and Kobo

2. Privatize all the universities and mandate all the private buyers to
have affilition , including staff & student rotation , with Top 50
universities in the world.The buyers should immediatetly upgrade the
universities to world standard in terms of facilities,labs , building
etc

3. Grant student loans to all the students, upon admission into the
institutions, and continues to maintain this award based on student's
satisfactory performance ( measured based on Attendance, behaviuor and
grade)

4. Consession reputble property companies to build world class
accomodation with 24/7 power supply / high speed internet ( blocking all
video sharing, Ph0nography , etc). Accomodation will be included in the
loan

With government awarding 1Million Naira per student for each academic
year, these can be taken care off. For 4 year courses, it will cost the
government 4M , for Engineering 5M and Medicine 7M

Once students proceed on NYSC, the capital to be repaid should drop by
N500,000.

Student should pay back the loan to the government over 20 years at an interest rate of 3% Max

Mr. Man, you are just clueless! You think that will work as you just described? Smh!
Re: FG Breaks-Off ASUU Negotiation, To Introduce Student Loans by adexpa(m): 5:56pm On Aug 27, 2013
sincerely i dont really understand dese set of pple call FG,it seems they r fools because i dont knw hw would ppl we calld our leaders can be treatin a very outrageous n imperative issues in an outlandish n uncare mind,if dey will introduce loan system,is dere no need to solve d one on ground b4 takin a serious action(loan system) dat need masses sittin wit a lenghty discursion.i pray d lord shall take charge n redeem everytin.
Re: FG Breaks-Off ASUU Negotiation, To Introduce Student Loans by dfolan: 5:56pm On Aug 27, 2013
[quote author=deor03]what i want the Federal government to do in logical order is this

1. Task NUC to carry out detailed study of the present universities, with a view to determining their worth in Naira and Kobo

2. Privatize all the universities and mandate all the private buyers to have affilition , including staff & student rotation , with Top 50 universities in the world.The buyers should immediatetly upgrade the universities to world standard in terms of facilities,labs , building etc

3. Grant student loans to all the students, upon admission into the institutions, and continues to maintain this award based on student's satisfactory performance ( measured based on Attendance, behaviuor and grade)

4. Consession reputble property companies to build world class accomodation with 24/7 power supply / high speed internet ( blocking all video sharing, Ph0nography , etc). Accomodation will be included in the loan

With government awarding 1Million Naira per student for each academic year, these can be taken care off. For 4 year courses, it will cost the government 4M , for Engineering 5M and Medicine 7M

Once studI'llents proceed on NYSC, the capital to be repaid should drop by N500,000.

Student should pay back the loan to the government over 20 years at an interest rate of 3% Max[/quote
your suggestions is great ok, but you seem to forget that your idea is not tenable in this part of the world, the poor will be shortchanged, beside we have a government that has failed and is still. failing to create jobs for the ever burgeoning graduate, so how will the recoup their investment on students if that same student fails. to get a job within timeframe the student is given. this can only work in developed countries where there's is probity, transparency and accountability.
Re: FG Breaks-Off ASUU Negotiation, To Introduce Student Loans by Nobody: 5:57pm On Aug 27, 2013
deor03: what i want the Federal government to do in logical order is this

1. Task NUC to carry out detailed study of the present universities,
with a view to determining their worth in Naira and Kobo

2. Privatize all the universities and mandate all the private buyers to
have affilition, including staff & student rotation, with Top 50
universities in the world.The buyers should immediatetly upgrade the universities to world standard in terms of facilities,labs , building etc

3. Grant student loans to all the students, upon admission into the
institutions, and continues to maintain this award based on student's satisfactory performance ( measured based on Attendance, behaviuor and grade)

4. Consession reputble property companies to build world class
accomodation with 24/7 power supply / high speed internet ( blocking all video sharing, Ph0nography , etc). Accomodation will be included in the loan

With government awarding 1Million Naira per student for each academic year, these can be taken care off. For 4 year courses, it will cost the government 4M, for Engineering 5M and Medicine 7M

Once students proceed on NYSC, the capital to be repaid should drop by N500,000.

Student should pay back the loan to the government over 20 years at an interest rate of 3% Max

Mr. Man, you are just clueless! You think that will work as you just described? Smh!
Re: FG Breaks-Off ASUU Negotiation, To Introduce Student Loans by solomon111(m): 6:05pm On Aug 27, 2013
Glorified_Tunde: Kai! I feel so enraged. Well its not FG's fault, they take the masses for fools and know we'll take every sh*t they throw @ us even propaganda.

FG is now looking for CHEAP support from the masses and trying to paint ASUU black using old skool tactics (infiltration by opposition). That was how they claimed fuel subsidy removal protest had been hijacked by opposition.

They really don't know ASUU is filled with intelligent folks.

Provide LOANS? A ma se nkan o! This GEJ administration is the WORST of all. Its a synergy of Clueless + Corruption!

I suggest everyone comes out boldly to support ASUU, its now FG vs. Nigerians in every matter.

FG is filled with Terrible, Careless, Greedy and Useless Thieves! angry
Gej's govt was not the one that signed the agreement with ASUU,you muppet.
And yes,it is not beyond logical reasoning that ASUU has being infilterated by the classless opposition.
Re: FG Breaks-Off ASUU Negotiation, To Introduce Student Loans by Faheedat: 6:14pm On Aug 27, 2013
I am ashamed for our present leaders and the future ones because we are in trouble already
1.Before this time,we advice GEJ to declare a state of emergency in our Educational sector through this medium last year, he felt all is well but now WHO IS DECEIVING WHO?
2.If all our public office holders Children's were schooling in Nigeria especially from Primary to Tertiary Level and ratify by the National House of Assembly.
God bless Nigeria

Re: FG Breaks-Off ASUU Negotiation, To Introduce Student Loans by adepojuis: 6:29pm On Aug 27, 2013
Re: FG Breaks-Off ASUU Negotiation, To Introduce Student Loans by ilebaami: 6:35pm On Aug 27, 2013
Olastep1:

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/nigerian-government-break-negotiations-striking-university-professors-claims-ASUU-has-been

ASUU need to become more rational. The agreement has been through a regime change and security on Boko had diverted funds. ASUU needs to reaffirm the agreement and give a 9month grace period.
Re: FG Breaks-Off ASUU Negotiation, To Introduce Student Loans by GlorifiedTunde(m): 6:35pm On Aug 27, 2013
atlwireles:

Yes, I deal with them daily, parading all kinds of degrees, yet spelling their names backward is mission impossible. There are jobs, just not for your ASUU end products. Just look at the overwhelming in flocks of expatriate workers in all sectors. Ask yourself why. Keep waiting for government to spoon feed you.

WAKE UP OGBENI! Where are the jobs? So because the grads u meet can't spell their names means all grads are poor? Which Uni u go sef?

And again, EXPATRIATE? Have u worked with some before? Well I have, and most are just ordinary, we have made their skin "up there". Most of them even enter naija illegally. I used to work for a v-sat company, and I know what I'm saying.

And FYI, no one is asking for spoon feeding!
Re: FG Breaks-Off ASUU Negotiation, To Introduce Student Loans by Dubemkelly(m): 6:48pm On Aug 27, 2013
Still doesn't make sense...We hvnt grown to such height, dey shud tackle d ish @hand buh me thinks d way 4wrd z to privatize unis n foot d bills of every 9ja stdnt
Re: FG Breaks-Off ASUU Negotiation, To Introduce Student Loans by Nobody: 6:52pm On Aug 27, 2013
Who is fooling who here? They dont have enough fund to meet ASUU demands of few people. Where will they get the fund to meet demands of hundreds of thousands? It's absolutely illogical.
Re: FG Breaks-Off ASUU Negotiation, To Introduce Student Loans by ayopo10(m): 6:55pm On Aug 27, 2013
misplaced priorities... what a country!!!
Re: FG Breaks-Off ASUU Negotiation, To Introduce Student Loans by olatiler(m): 7:02pm On Aug 27, 2013
Haaaaaaaaaaaa Oma seeeee oooooooo.
Can u imagine clueless kindergarten GEJ looking for another excuse to tarnish image of ASUU and opposition party
Gej did FG sign a memorandum with ASUU {YES}
Did this opposition party sit with both of u during this period {NO}
So mr GEJ comply with previous agreement that u have with ASUN and leave opposition out of this
ASUU ware not the type of ppl u could tell that 16vote is higher than 19vote or 5 law maker are supreme over 27 law maker, so Mr Kowobata Follow the agreement u made and stop fooling ur family not we Nigerians anymore
Re: FG Breaks-Off ASUU Negotiation, To Introduce Student Loans by atlwireles: 7:05pm On Aug 27, 2013
Glorified_Tunde:

WAKE UP OGBENI! Where are the jobs? So because the grads u meet can't spell their names means all grads are poor? Which Uni u go sef?

And again, EXPATRIATE? Have u worked with some before? Well I have, and most are just ordinary, we have made their skin "up there". Most of them even enter naija illegally. I used to work for a v-sat company, and I know what I'm saying.

This is another empty banter. The only reason, I replied your comment was because your "They really don't know ASUU is filled with intelligent folks". The opposite is the case. Have nice day and God bless.
Re: FG Breaks-Off ASUU Negotiation, To Introduce Student Loans by seunajia: 7:05pm On Aug 27, 2013
Glorified_Tunde:

You must have a lot of time replying that guy. The enemies of Nigeria, he is one of them.

On one hand he tells you Nigerian graduates can't spell their names (which is a bare-faced lie BTW), on another he implies universities are good as they are...such huge disconnect between brain and hand.

Why argue with such a fellow? I have always said it that the ability to string together English words does not presuppose intelligence and/or commonsense, there it goes, your lab rat!

1 Like

Re: FG Breaks-Off ASUU Negotiation, To Introduce Student Loans by ajasa4link: 7:22pm On Aug 27, 2013
searay: I like Gov Fashola in matters like this. By now new lecturers would have been recruited.
not true sir! am a lasu student and we've series of internal strikes and fashola dared not recruit new lecturers. academic unionism is not as weak as that of medical doctors o.
Re: FG Breaks-Off ASUU Negotiation, To Introduce Student Loans by Nobody: 7:22pm On Aug 27, 2013
Jonathan's government: A government short of ideas
Re: FG Breaks-Off ASUU Negotiation, To Introduce Student Loans by joeadex(m): 7:29pm On Aug 27, 2013
unscrupulus.set.of.pple.callin.dereself.govt.
Re: FG Breaks-Off ASUU Negotiation, To Introduce Student Loans by Nobody: 7:37pm On Aug 27, 2013
lexrichy: na u wan graduate your self?
Abi na u wan graduate me??
Re: FG Breaks-Off ASUU Negotiation, To Introduce Student Loans by Digits90(m): 7:43pm On Aug 27, 2013
Opposition?? This government is sick...terribly sick.
Re: FG Breaks-Off ASUU Negotiation, To Introduce Student Loans by Jimohsunday: 7:45pm On Aug 27, 2013
We should be serious at once.our noise in Nigeria is geting out of hand. We need doing nt talking things
Re: FG Breaks-Off ASUU Negotiation, To Introduce Student Loans by GlorifiedTunde(m): 7:49pm On Aug 27, 2013
solomon111: Gej's govt was not the one that signed the agreement with ASUU,you muppet.
And yes,it is not beyond logical reasoning that ASUU has being infilterated by the classless opposition.

Who be this!? Do you understand office @ all? So you don't know GEJ inherits power as the president as well as existing portfolios and projects? Do you know what continuity is in governance? Abi u are just as politically clueless?

Don't you also know that your wrongs are your enemy's best point against you? So why don't you just cover every loophole up so that the enemy will shut the hell up?

Are you saying what your government is doing to education is anything near "good" ?

Are you telling me there ain't enough money to release?

Are you saying education is too expensive?

ARE YOU A LEARNER!!!
Re: FG Breaks-Off ASUU Negotiation, To Introduce Student Loans by ajasa4link: 7:56pm On Aug 27, 2013
whY break off talks because of flimsy excuses if u truly have the interest of the students at heart? The truth is,the federal government sees the strike as a show of power/ game of politics just like the long drawn battle between tinubu and obj during the 57 local govt creation saga.... The fg keeps saying there is no money to fund the education sector, but the LEGISLOOTERS and EXECUTHIEVES Keep going home with jumbo pay every month....smh... please someone tell me,is a little sacrifice for the common good of all a sin in Nigeria?
Re: FG Breaks-Off ASUU Negotiation, To Introduce Student Loans by ajasa4link: 8:02pm On Aug 27, 2013
chindi: smiley No matter what ASUU or FG does, I MUST GRADUATE THIS YEAR IN JESUS MIGHTY NAME, AMEN!
I don talk my own, what abt u??
Omo Na d same bus we enter o. In fact if not for this strike, I ought to finish my final exams this August ending. One thing I know for sure is Nysc batch A next is sure in Jesus name
Re: FG Breaks-Off ASUU Negotiation, To Introduce Student Loans by lastpage: 8:15pm On Aug 27, 2013
Federal Govt of Jonathan!:
The committee had told the government that the union leaders were arrogant and selfish as their interest was paramount to that of their students who had been at home all this while.

Lets not deceive ourselves, the issue in dispute has Nadda to do with student's interest!
ASUU is fighting for their pocket while the F.G is also fighting for its own loot!
Both ASUU and F.G are only trying to "incite sympathy and hatred" by trying to use the "student interest" angle to their own advantage!
But it is a shame if two grown-ups with "power" cannot reach an amicable settlement.

The government after the report told the committee members that it had fresh security report that the union's stance on the lingering crisis in the education sector was as a result of the opposition's infiltration into the union.

I thought our leaders had more sense than to believe such "security report", even if one of their Laptop Dogs wrote such gibberish?
Every f00l can push blame and point fingers and it is a disgrace that President Jonathan will allow such silly statements to be made on his behalf!
So, if truly the opposition had infiltrated the Union.
Question is "Did you not have an agreement with the Union prior to now"?
*Did you implement that agreement?
*If you had good intentions, why did you not call the leadership of the Union and seek "their understanding" on the need to probably spread-out the implementation of the agreement?
*Or did the F.G actually sign the agreement knowing fully well it will never honor it? How dishonorable?
*If ASUU's intransigence is to be blamed, dont you think ASUU is also aware of the way and manner you loot and waste public funds? So, why should they forsake their own "share of the cake"? If ASUU sees you belt-tightening, l am sure no one will tell ASUU before they themselves know its not time for profligacy!
*If Madam Umberella can allocate national funds for her own project to the tune of Billions of naira, if Aso Rock can allocate Billions of Naira for "Entertainment/Food", if Legis-looters can increases their own salaries at will so much so its the highest of any democracy in the world, why should ASUU members be suffering themselves to save you money?

This current govt is shameless and a disgrace! It is irrational, uncaring and very corrupt.

The government in breaking the negotiation has decided to fund individual student's education as it is done in advanced countries.

The above is another example of how CLUELESS this Fed. Govt is! Is the issue about student loans? Why is it now that you want to give student educational loans ...like you are the one paying their schools fees hitherto!
*This is just another trick, to deflect issues. You want to create another "Corrupt Monster" whereby you will give the money to some of your friends (crooks like Anenih!) who will then loot it with nothing to show for it and students will still be suffering and the standard of education will be in tatters!
*How come you are not able to give loans to SME's, Mortgage loans to all civil servants to buy their own homes, loans to small farmers, loans to the millions of unemployed Youths with business ideas?
*Okay, no one needs your stewpid loans, just provide stable electricity and Youths will create employments for themselves!

Bunch of Eediots masquerading as "Leaders"

All we see and hear is propaganda: Govt will do these, Govt will do that! Nothing to show in almost four years of looting and unbridled corruption!

Small time, they would start farting and polluting the air with "Fresh Air" .. Fresh cluelessness is more like it.
Resign if you dont have the mental capacity to govern, stop embarrassing Nigerians in the comity of other nations.
Enough is Enough.

Lastpage!
Re: FG Breaks-Off ASUU Negotiation, To Introduce Student Loans by elrony(m): 8:19pm On Aug 27, 2013
During the subsidy saga it was palliatives..

Now it is student loan!!..

Fûck the Nigerian govt!!

Re: FG Breaks-Off ASUU Negotiation, To Introduce Student Loans by lastpage: 8:31pm On Aug 27, 2013
solomon111: Gej's govt was not the one that signed the agreement with ASUU,you muppet.

You must be the biggest DOLT that ever walked this Block!
You are no different from the m.o.r.o.n that bought a laptop for you ... without educating you on anything at all!

By your silly reasoning, once a new President is elected, he must jettison all and every Policy and agreement signed by the previou President?

*where is the continuity?
*Why do we have Civil Servants in place (from the Secretary to the Government downwards) whose duty it is to ensure that every policy carries forward?
*Why does your "Oga at the Top" not refuse to honor Nigeria's external debt then, since it was not his government that owed it"?!
Look at this clown calling someone a Muppet? You this product of a failed educational system!

How come countries with leaders who grew-up with "wearing shoes" dont rescind every decision made by their predecessor .. and claim immunity?

See why shyte-bags like you and your Oga should never have been allowed anywhere near the cookie-jar?

For final effects, let me ask you: Now that your "clueless Oga" is in power, he is taking loans here and there, signing M.O.U's here and there, is the next president supposed to deny and abrogate all those agreements, since he too can claim he was not in power when they were signed"

You see how silly you and your Oga have become, in public view for that matter!
Someone once told me "Stewpidity is most often, GENERATIONAL", l am wondering but convinced he was referring to your types.

Now scram before l .....

Infiltrators koo, spies nii.....

Lastpage!

BTW: All these stewpid politicians must be made to bring their own children back into the rotten Nigerian educational system. If the white man runs his country this way, which foreign schools/universities will they send their own kids to, after looting our treasury?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Amaechi Pays N800 Million Per Term To Indians To Train 750 Secondary School Kids / JAMB RESULT! My Story / Prof. Njoku Sex-For-Mark Video: IMSU Students To Face IGP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.