Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,498 members, 7,801,296 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:27 PM

Everybody Run For Your Money, Interswitch Atm Fruadsters At It Again. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Everybody Run For Your Money, Interswitch Atm Fruadsters At It Again. (1358 Views)

Royal Rumble! Paga Vs. Voguepay. Vs Gtpay. Vs Interswitch. Vs Zenith Global Pay / Does Anybody Know How To Interswitch Atm Debit Card On Website For Payment ? / Domain Registration With Interswitch Atm Card ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Everybody Run For Your Money, Interswitch Atm Fruadsters At It Again. by charliebiz(m): 3:48pm On Jun 11, 2008
They are at it again and this time they came out smarter. Sometimes i wonder why such people keeping having edges over the righteous, well it is not for me to jugde. This is arising as a result of mails i receive in my two different mail box. this guys, sorry i mean smart thiefs cool have been doing some hard thinking that if they devote this thinking to positive use, it won't take them time to become the next bill gate.

Below is the mail i receive and the link that i was directed to. the message was purportedly sent from Interswitch nigeria but if you are conversant and internet security conscious, the link will tellyou that it is not ffrom interswitch.

cryi say soorry to those that will loose thier money because i know some people will fall.

SUBJECT OF THE MAIL:Join Us Promote The Security Of Your ATM Card (s) >>> Register Now!

[size=19pt]INTERSWITCH LOGO HERE.[/size] TO ALL OUR CUSTOMERS NATIONWIDE
      We want to use this medium to wish all our customers both new and old ones a very prosperous season and also to assure you that Interswitch Nigeria Limited have been and will always give your ATM card (s) the maximum security that you will expect from us.               
       Therefore, due to high rate of internet fraud complaints we are receiving from some of our customers like using of their ATM card details to make transaction via the internet without their notice because they have one way or the other disclose their Interswitch ATM card detail to fraudsters, It is our pleasure introducing to you our new security plan called "MAXI-SECURE",  It is a security plan designed to assign our customer's ATM card Internet Personal Identification number (iPin) different from the present personal identification number (pin) they use for their cash withdrawal with their Interswitch ATM card. This pin will only be used whenever you wish to use your Interswitch ATM card for online transactions while you use your present pin for cash withdrawal from any of the ATM machine of Interswitch bank nationwide only.
      The main objective of the this security plan is to secure your account whenever you by any mistake disclose your Interswitch ATM card detail to fraudsters. This means that if you by any mistake, disclose your Interswitch ATM card detail you use for cash withdrawal to fraudsters that payment will not authorize from your account via the internet unless the fraudsters have knowledge of your maxi-secure security ipin.
     This will be effective starting from 29th of June 2008. To securely register your Interswitch ATM card to this security plan: CLICK HERE, which after twenty four (24) hours of your ATM card registration to this security plan, your Interswitch maxi-secure security ipin will be sent to you via email.                                                 
N/B:: 
        Please note that starting from 29th June 2008 is only registered Interswitch ATM card to this security plan can only withdraw money from any of the ATM machines of Interswitch bank nationwide or make transaction via the internet using their Interswitch ATM card (s).
::SCAM ALERT::

To prevent scam always ensure that:
1) Any email you receive from our company is been sent via our official mailing identity: (info@interswitchng.com)
2)The registration of your Interswitch ATM card (s) to this security plan is done via the link provided in our email  and not via email or sms.
       Also you can always help us fight fraud by forwarding any Interswitch scam email you receive via this mailing addresssadfraudalert@interswitchng.com) for other customers awareness and eradication.

Kind Regards.

INTERSWITCH NIGERIA LIMITED
PLOT 1648C OKO-AWO CLOSE
VICTORIA ISLAND CITY
LAGOS STATE
NIGERIA.
                                                              For more information about our company visit : www.interswitchng.com
[size=19pt]ANOTHER INTERSWITCH LOGO HERE[/size]

this is the fraudulent link :http://vistalogon.runhost.net/interswitchng.com/register.php/
please run, run , RUN, RUNNNN, RUN FOR YOUR MONEY OOOOO.

or you can still donate your hard eearn money generously grin and cry later  .Right now I am trying to get through to interswitch to see how we can stop this.
Re: Everybody Run For Your Money, Interswitch Atm Fruadsters At It Again. by goldenimp(m): 5:42pm On Jun 11, 2008
Ya i got such mail too.
i mailed them about it. almost felt it was an insider work, the mail came from info@interswitchng.com and when i repled the mail it went to the real interswitch and they said the request was not made from them. how could the fraudster be able to use info@interswitchng.com?? beats me
Re: Everybody Run For Your Money, Interswitch Atm Fruadsters At It Again. by abhosts(m): 7:36pm On Jun 11, 2008
goldenimp:

Ya i got such mail too.
i mailed them about it. but i felt it was an insider work the mail came from info@interswitchng.com and when i repled the mail it went to the real interswitch and they said the request was not made from them. how could the fraudster then be able to use info@interswitchng.com?? beats me

The Scammers do it by a process called "email spoofing" with the help of programs like phpmailer. So be careful before you malign the image of Interswitch unfairly.
Re: Everybody Run For Your Money, Interswitch Atm Fruadsters At It Again. by WebMonk(m): 8:43pm On Jun 11, 2008
@ poster:

Surely you could have come up with a better topic title than what you have. Rather than helping, the title scares people from doing online business or anything related - which is vital in our time. Its the kind of stuff that force banks to disable the cards for online use, which on the contrary doesn't solve the problem at all. People are suffering from lack of knowledge, and how the people are "sensitized" by that knowledge is pivotal to how they will take action.
Re: Everybody Run For Your Money, Interswitch Atm Fruadsters At It Again. by charliebiz(m): 11:34am On Jun 12, 2008
WebMonk:

@ poster:

Surely you could have come up with a better topic title than what you have. Rather than helping, the title scares people from doing online business or anything related - which is vital in our time. Its the kind of stuff that force banks to disable the cards for online use, which on the contrary doesn't solve the problem at all. People are suffering from lack of knowledge, and how the people are "sensitized" by that knowledge is pivotal to how they will take action.

Sorry Mr. Webmonk (the web does not make the monk) grin. I am into internet marketing and i know the risks involve. All Internet marketer should know some rudiments of being a groomed marketer and one of it is being conscious of how you do business and receive mails online,sites you sign up on, know some of the tricks of the smart thieves cool, abi yahoo yahoo guys,etc.

What better way to put it than to say it the way it is, categoricallllly. To me this is a beware sign for all those using their interswitch ATM card online. Rather than it scaring serious online enterpreneurs who know that the risk involve in doing business is losing their money if they are not careful. This is also a way of saying "be Internet security conscious "by not ignoring or being ignorant of what the Self acclaimed big boys are doing but with positive/right attitude becos you might be their victim.

I will stop romancing my keyboard with this point "the man sitting next to you will take advantage of your ignorance "

Live Internet.
Re: Everybody Run For Your Money, Interswitch Atm Fruadsters At It Again. by WebMonk(m): 6:31pm On Jun 12, 2008
charliebiz:

Sorry Mr. Webmonk (the web does not make the monk) grin

On the contrary, it is the monk that makes the web wink
Re: Everybody Run For Your Money, Interswitch Atm Fruadsters At It Again. by Nobody: 11:27am On Jun 13, 2008
@webmonk

Thats a sweet smart response.

@poster
Thanks for the post, i also posted the same thing this morning only to realize the email is already a celebrity

i tried to play around and realised guys behind it are clever,

the real page harvesting the details is here
http://www.webserver.hostwq.net/maxwell1.php

http://vistalogon.runhost.net/interswitchng.com/register.php/
the display link is just there to distract ppl from contacting the real host

and trust me, he is about to recieve the worst number of ATM card details he never imagined
am fixing up a looping script that will post card details to that page, so that he will have enough money to spend. grin

we need to help a brother in need u know! grin grin
Re: Everybody Run For Your Money, Interswitch Atm Fruadsters At It Again. by charliebiz(m): 11:08am On Jun 18, 2008
@ webdezzi
U wanna take side man cheesy.
Seriously, i like your post and please hurry up with that script. let us help some smart theives abi smart cyber rat to make cooooool money. You read my mind. I gave them my ATM card details but i think the numbers and the card details are incorrect since i pick them randomly from my head wink. Hope they get all the moneeey they need to get rich quick.

@ all viewers and posters
Let try and frustrate some people playing smart becos they think they know some codes.
giv em som numba 2 play wit 4 em wanna get rich stealing 4rm hapless niajerians who kno natin abot internet security. Let em play safe wit d numba 4 dem ma ripe the fruit of ye numba.

come to thik of it. Nigerian scammers are no looking inwards. of recent, etransact has created a pop up on their site warning their customers to be careful with their card details. fastecash has also done some thing like that this year, i don't know of other nigerian payment gate way. One positive attribute this is portarying is that the Internet has come to stay and it is growing BIG, especially e-commerce IN NIGEGRIA.

(1) (Reply)

1000 Sms Unit For N1 Visit Www.linkosms.com / Help With Emmanuel Ekanem's Hostportfolio.com Webhosting Services / Urgent Help Needed:how To Paste Ads Code On Blogger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.