Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,764 members, 7,806,094 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:20 AM

A Nairalander And His Family's First Vist To Nigeria - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Nairalander And His Family's First Vist To Nigeria (8772 Views)

Traveling To Lagos For Tourist Vist / About Uk Graduation Vist / Vist Enugu! Progress We Go! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Go Down)

A Nairalander And His Family's First Vist To Nigeria by Donmichaelz(m): 2:50pm On Aug 27, 2013
My name is Franklin Adebayo Oluwaseyi,I am a Nigerian born in Canada,I lived all my live there,even though I speak like them,eat like them I still feel like am not one of them.
I came to Nigeria two weeks ago(Abuja to be precise)

I felt something I never felt before and that feeling is Home,It might sound weird for those here in Nigeria but I never felt these way all my life.

First I was welcomed like a Hero and before I knew it my bag was stolen at the airport,as I was driving I saw a guy selling yoghourt and I bought it,lo and behold it was Fake it tasted like PAP.

I went back to Canada two weeks ago,I now know who Nigerians are,what they are like and how the environments are like,am not saying it is all Well but the last two weeks are the best in My life....God bless Nigeria and if you are thinking of going abroad put these in Mind

"No matter how succesful you are abroad always remember Home,you might not get it now but you might Regret you didn't later in life..
With Love from One of your brother in diaspora
Dr Franklin Olaitan

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander And His Family's First Vist To Nigeria by Donmichaelz(m): 2:54pm On Aug 27, 2013
Me my wife(Stephanie) my daughter(Zoe) and my son(clint)

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander And His Family's First Vist To Nigeria by HARDDON: 3:02pm On Aug 27, 2013
dude! dah was a steal: ur wify so fyn!

take care of them or you got me to grind with.... hehehe

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander And His Family's First Vist To Nigeria by ITbomb(m): 3:10pm On Aug 27, 2013
How did they just steal your bag?
Is it that you were hopelessly careless and was playing big oyinbo boy that sit in his car and say to a guy on a troley , ' go and get me my bag' .
I always thought one of the hardest thing is to steal a bag from a Nigerian MAN. yea, ladies' own can be taken at will.
And that yohgurt that you bought was not fake, that was the taste at the price you paid and the place you bought it from.

40 Likes

Re: A Nairalander And His Family's First Vist To Nigeria by Enegod(m): 3:13pm On Aug 27, 2013
Re: A Nairalander And His Family's First Vist To Nigeria by Tayeni(m): 3:22pm On Aug 27, 2013
Sorry we stole ur luggage, it would b returned to you when nxt you visit. Sorry we sold pap to you instead of yoghurt....that's what We drink. Lol. Seriously, I'm glad you felt at home despite wt happened to you.
Visit us again soon ok?.....by d way, did you try my favourite drink? Fura-da-nono. If you didn't, you missed out. Beautiful family.

7 Likes

Re: A Nairalander And His Family's First Vist To Nigeria by dopeJemi: 3:26pm On Aug 27, 2013
Curse u... Dat is 1 half of d duo of Naijaboiz, dey do african remix of foreign songs, e.g lollipop, singLe Ladies, Kiss Kiss, thrilLer, I think dis is teju

www.nairaland.com/150594/naija-boyz-lollipop-african-remix

www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLfT5uwkFxE&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DdLfT5uwkFxE

www.youtube.com/watch?p=8D6FF349F24D46BD&v=uR7_VACr-8Q&client=mv-google&guid=&gl=US&hl=en

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander And His Family's First Vist To Nigeria by lifestyle1(m): 4:19pm On Aug 27, 2013
Nice one, you have got a beautiful family
Re: A Nairalander And His Family's First Vist To Nigeria by Caracta(f): 4:19pm On Aug 27, 2013
Lol...eeeyah! sad

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander And His Family's First Vist To Nigeria by sotonyej: 4:21pm On Aug 27, 2013
YOu are welcome

Thats naija for you
[size=30pt]www.1naijatv.com[/size]
Re: A Nairalander And His Family's First Vist To Nigeria by Okijajuju1(m): 4:21pm On Aug 27, 2013
Donmichaelz: My name is Franklin Adebayo Oluwaseyi,I am a Nigerian born in Canada,I lived all my live there,even though I speak like them,eat like them I still feel like am not one of them.

I felt something I never felt before and that feeling is Home,It might sound weird for those here in Nigeria but I never felt these way all my life.

First I was welcomed like a Hero and before I knew it my bag was stolen at the airport,as I was driving I saw a guy selling yoghourt and I bought it,lo and behold it was Fake it tasted like PAP.

I went back to Canada two weeks ago,I now know who Nigerians are,what they are like and how the environments are like,am not saying it is all Well but the last two weeks are the best in My life....God bless Nigeria and if you are thinking of going abroad put these in Mind

"No matter how succesful you are abroad always remember Home,you might not get it now but you might Regret you didn't later in life..
Dr Franklin Olaitan

I hope you know that Abuja & Banana Island are not part of Nigeria.. You can never know anything about Nigeria from Abuja and Lagos Island..

For a comprehensive understanding of Nigeria... Visit the following places;

Okija.. In Okija LGA. Tourist attraction includes my shrine..
Lagos Mainland..
Warri..
Port-harcourt..
Ibadan..
Borno State..
Kano..
Upper Iweka..
Onitsha..
Awka..
Owerri..
Ife & Modakeke
Niger Delta villages
e.t.c..

To give your family a perfect understanding of Nigeria, Send them to your Village for 1 month...

If you come back to Nigeria again after that, then you are truly one of us..

Until then

#TheGodsAreWise..

P.S: That your wife make sense die.. No leave her to waka carelessly for Nigeria o!! Boys are still not smiling since 1960..

41 Likes

Re: A Nairalander And His Family's First Vist To Nigeria by Nobody: 4:21pm On Aug 27, 2013
very cute family. lols@pap-like yoghurt.
Re: A Nairalander And His Family's First Vist To Nigeria by martin92(m): 4:22pm On Aug 27, 2013
Wetin u dey feel like nw, they no dey steal 4 canada too

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander And His Family's First Vist To Nigeria by pesty100(m): 4:22pm On Aug 27, 2013
how the price of garri come take reduce now
Re: A Nairalander And His Family's First Vist To Nigeria by mascot87(m): 4:23pm On Aug 27, 2013
Welcome to Nigeria bro, pls while you are here don't argue with the Nigerian police force o.God bless you smiley

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander And His Family's First Vist To Nigeria by Nobody: 4:23pm On Aug 27, 2013
Impressive!

Should do mine in dec, hopefully.

I would be posting tons of pics and videos!

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander And His Family's First Vist To Nigeria by orgasticdance: 4:23pm On Aug 27, 2013
o pls spare us that patriotic cheesy crap, if u want to be sincere how about coming back and residing in naija permanently? canada is home abeg, remain there and enjoy it, but no one needs ur patronage

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander And His Family's First Vist To Nigeria by Agbo2(m): 4:24pm On Aug 27, 2013
Which of these is your name?

Donmichaelz: My name is Franklin Adebayo Oluwaseyi,I am a Nigerian born in Canada,I lived all my live there,even though I speak like them,eat like them I still feel like am not one of them.

Dr Franklin Olaitan

27 Likes

Re: A Nairalander And His Family's First Vist To Nigeria by sexymoma(f): 4:24pm On Aug 27, 2013
Even if am going to miss Niger, i sha wan comot, i have tasted alot of fake yogurt, they have stolen me sef.. i jos wanna liv this contiri. cry

Proudly Niger.

4 Likes

Re: A Nairalander And His Family's First Vist To Nigeria by Nobody: 4:24pm On Aug 27, 2013
Welcum.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander And His Family's First Vist To Nigeria by DisGuy: 4:25pm On Aug 27, 2013
that's it?

no pics?

no activities

no state visits?

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander And His Family's First Vist To Nigeria by Tinoxky: 4:25pm On Aug 27, 2013
Home sweet home!
Re: A Nairalander And His Family's First Vist To Nigeria by dedons: 4:25pm On Aug 27, 2013
K
Re: A Nairalander And His Family's First Vist To Nigeria by Ichel: 4:25pm On Aug 27, 2013
pesty100: how the price of garri come take reduce now
Re: A Nairalander And His Family's First Vist To Nigeria by martin92(m): 4:26pm On Aug 27, 2013
How did u even knw the taste of pap ? Sometin tells me dat u made up ur story and u must have at least bin in naija well 2 even knw wat pap means

4 Likes

Re: A Nairalander And His Family's First Vist To Nigeria by pekelepekele(m): 4:26pm On Aug 27, 2013
Luvly family and thank you for visiting our Nigeria for us . smiley
Re: A Nairalander And His Family's First Vist To Nigeria by Nobody: 4:26pm On Aug 27, 2013
guy how u com know how PAP dey taste

and i no blame u, why u no go hail naija, na abuja u come....

u for enter lagos hustling states or onitsha, make u no if one of ur pikin no go join d bag lost....

ogwu ego tinx....

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander And His Family's First Vist To Nigeria by GlorifiedTunde(m): 4:26pm On Aug 27, 2013
Nice u came. But u should tell us the good things u experienced rather, not how ur bag was "taken" or the taste of natural yogurt from a "red bororo"

Abi u fit careless with bag for Canada make dem no steal am.

Nice fam u got there bro, take good care of 'em.

We will be here in naija when u're ready to relocate and 1 canadian dollar = 1 Naira

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander And His Family's First Vist To Nigeria by mattaz(m): 4:26pm On Aug 27, 2013
Run away while you still can...seriously
cryRun away while you still can...seriously
Re: A Nairalander And His Family's First Vist To Nigeria by daisyella: 4:27pm On Aug 27, 2013
Beautiful family, I'm touched by your post. East or west, home is d best, ope u visit again soon smiley
Re: A Nairalander And His Family's First Vist To Nigeria by Nobody: 4:27pm On Aug 27, 2013
Why your children come take your face ?

(1) (2) (3)

Eid-El-Kabir: Osun Government Announces Free Round-Trip Train Ride From Lagos / Ibb's Crib In Minna Is An Architectural Masterpiece! (or so I tot): See Pics! / My Canada Hustle - How The Go Dey Go

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.