Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,959 members, 7,806,777 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:44 PM

Popular Gay Latin Singer-ricky Martin Opens Up On How He Was A Bully To Gays. - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Popular Gay Latin Singer-ricky Martin Opens Up On How He Was A Bully To Gays. (4367 Views)

Toolz Is A Bully,and She's Impatient.. (see Why) / Bolaji Amusan - ‘Mr Latin’ Is Dead ? / Enrique Iglesias Vs Ricky Martin Who's More Handsome? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Popular Gay Latin Singer-ricky Martin Opens Up On How He Was A Bully To Gays. by HezronLorraine(m): 4:49pm On Aug 27, 2013

Singer Ricky Martin memorably came out as a gay
man back in 2010.
However, the star has admitted he used to struggle
with his sexuality and even bullied gay men whilst
growing up in Puerto Rico.
'I look back now and realise I would bully people who
I knew were gay,' Martin tells the September/October
edition of GQ Australia. 'I had internalised
homophobia. To realise that was confronting to me. I
wanted to get away from that.'

Ricky and Family
Martin, who got his start with the boy band Menudo nearly three decades ago, tells the magazine that becoming a father to twin boys Matteo and Valentino, whom he is raising with partner Carlos Gonzalez Abells, changed his view on life.'I didn’t want them (his twin sons) growing up in a house of lies… or thinking that there was something wrong with being gay.'
The 41-year-old also opens up about his latest job, as a judge on Australia's version of The Voice.'I felt the outpouring of love, and I could feel the criticism, too, but I loved that,' he tells the publication.'I love the honesty and the truth.People tell it like it is in Australia.'
In fact, the sexy performer proved so popular on the
competition reality show that it has led to a career
resurgence for him.
He will embark on a tour in October, giving a whole
new generation of fans the chance to experience La
Vida Loca.
After years of speculation, the singer came pout as a
gay man back in 2010, via a long statement on his
website.
'I am proud to say that I am a fortunate homosexual
man,' he wrote. 'I am very blessed to be who I am.'
And later that year he expressed no regrets with his
decision during an interview with Larry King.
'Today, I am a gay man,' he said. 'And everything
about saying this feels right… if I’d know how good it
was going to feel, I would have done it ten years ago.'

[img]http://spocus.typepad.com/.a/6a00d83452d16669e2017c31dd6352970b-800wi[/img]
www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2402392/Ricky-Martin-admits-used-bully-gay-people-interview-GQ-Australia.html
Re: Popular Gay Latin Singer-ricky Martin Opens Up On How He Was A Bully To Gays. by Swot26(m): 4:54pm On Aug 27, 2013
Wu caresss...
Re: Popular Gay Latin Singer-ricky Martin Opens Up On How He Was A Bully To Gays. by Nobody: 5:33pm On Aug 27, 2013
Bro, read the handwriting on the wall...
deshclones: this op suckx big time...keep on polluting the whole NL with your ga..yish tendencies....dont even know why seun is giving you and your likes the platform to advertise your trade...batty man..
Re: Popular Gay Latin Singer-ricky Martin Opens Up On How He Was A Bully To Gays. by Tycoon4(m): 5:53pm On Aug 27, 2013
Battyboy...*spits*! Punnay sweet aswear!
Re: Popular Gay Latin Singer-ricky Martin Opens Up On How He Was A Bully To Gays. by HezronLorraine(m): 7:37pm On Aug 27, 2013
deshclones: this op suckx big time...keep on polluting the whole NL with your ga..yish tendencies....dont even know why seun is giving you and your likes the platform to advertise your trade...batty man..
I'm in a very good mood today.would love to give you a strong reply.but,Stay blessed,enjoy the day.Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: Popular Gay Latin Singer-ricky Martin Opens Up On How He Was A Bully To Gays. by Gudintent: 8:36pm On Aug 27, 2013
Ricky Martin da one that got me 'living la vida loca'

What a beautiful family, the children are growing fasssssst!!

Can't help notice his gorgeous feet in dem sandals

I Love kiss

2 Likes

Re: Popular Gay Latin Singer-ricky Martin Opens Up On How He Was A Bully To Gays. by deshclones(m): 11:12pm On Aug 27, 2013
Hezron Lorraine: I'm in a very good mood today.would love to give you a strong reply.but,Stay blessed,enjoy the day.Cheers.

Bia,did you just threaten me?..what insolence..what's that..a defiled creature like you quoting me??...as your what?..kindly look,cram and assimilate ma name ...don't ever come near d name deshclones in ur miserable life again...just steer clear of me..u nd ur likes...am a consuming fire and won't hesitate to burn u..a word is enuff

4 Likes

Re: Popular Gay Latin Singer-ricky Martin Opens Up On How He Was A Bully To Gays. by Nobody: 11:51pm On Aug 27, 2013
deshclones:

Bia,did you just threaten me?..what insolence..what's that..a defiled creature like you quoting me??...as your what?..kindly look,cram and assimilate ma name ...don't ever come near d name deshclones in ur miserable life again...just steer clear of me..u nd ur likes...am a consuming fire and won't hesitate to burn u..a word is enuff

uhmm... you miss road? why comment on his thread in the first place? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Popular Gay Latin Singer-ricky Martin Opens Up On How He Was A Bully To Gays. by Nobody: 11:54pm On Aug 27, 2013
41...and still as fine as this.

Cute family.
Re: Popular Gay Latin Singer-ricky Martin Opens Up On How He Was A Bully To Gays. by Nobody: 12:25am On Aug 28, 2013
deshclones:

i tire for all these covert gays o. What is your role bro? Dnt lie, tell us, we wont kill u??
Re: Popular Gay Latin Singer-ricky Martin Opens Up On How He Was A Bully To Gays. by Nobody: 12:26am On Aug 28, 2013
deshclones:

i tire for all these covert gays o. Bro, what is your role? Pls tell us, we wont kill you
Re: Popular Gay Latin Singer-ricky Martin Opens Up On How He Was A Bully To Gays. by braine(m): 6:57pm On Aug 28, 2013
Pink_Lezbian:
i tire for all these covert gays o. What is your role bro? Dnt lie, tell us, we wont kill u??

I'm sure he's the wife coz he's acting like a girl on heat. Lol.

@ Post, I wonder what those he bullied then are saying now.
They'd be like "I told you that dude was homo". grin

2 Likes

Re: Popular Gay Latin Singer-ricky Martin Opens Up On How He Was A Bully To Gays. by hod898(m): 10:37pm On Aug 28, 2013
*sighs*
Everybody shall face judgement sha.
*spoke with Deep grief*
Re: Popular Gay Latin Singer-ricky Martin Opens Up On How He Was A Bully To Gays. by ozoemeka(m): 3:50am On Aug 29, 2013
So you can tel all the future gay boys on NL, al those who spew the loudest "god will punish you, your father will die and i hate gays"

Tag them - go.
[quote author=Hezron Lorraine][/quote]
Re: Popular Gay Latin Singer-ricky Martin Opens Up On How He Was A Bully To Gays. by ozoemeka(m): 3:50am On Aug 29, 2013
You sound just like the Ricky Martin

hod898: *sighs*
Everybody shall face judgement sha.
*spoke with Deep grief*
Re: Popular Gay Latin Singer-ricky Martin Opens Up On How He Was A Bully To Gays. by hod898(m): 9:55am On Aug 29, 2013
ozo_emeka: You sound just like the Ricky Martin

why did you say that?
It was just a short sentence that anybody would've written.

(1) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Wow! Who Knew That Chidinma Ekhile Had Such Hot Curves? / Football Player Touched Female Referee's bosom! And She Liked It. See Her React / Photos: See How Beyonce Exposed Her P*ssy In Public {pictures Here}

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.