Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,865 members, 7,802,776 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:19 PM

Views On Nissan Primera P11-144 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Views On Nissan Primera P11-144 (4229 Views)

Nissan Primera P11-144 CVT Not Selecting Properly Codes P0325 and P1777 / Help Nissan Primera P11-144: Engine Not Starting Error Codes P0335 & P1336 / Help: Nissan Primera P11-144 Loss of Power When Climbing Hill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Views On Nissan Primera P11-144 by austin4real(m): 8:54pm On Aug 27, 2013
Hi peepz in the house, i wanna know more abt this vehicle highlighted above. Purchased one a few weeks ago, and took it to the mechanic for servicing and i gotta admit, the review the mech gave me abt the vehicle wuz quite scary... he told me the vehicle always ends up having brain box issues, he advised me to change the radiator from single to double cell, and he also told me to remove the thermostat and stuff like dat. wanna know if anyone has more knowledge abt this vehicle..
Re: Views On Nissan Primera P11-144 by kingschild123(m): 11:15pm On Aug 27, 2013
Its a nice car just that it normally has this MAF issues but
The good news for you though is that you have
P11-144 which has built in diagnostics. Just go to the How To section and find P11-144
diagnostic check/clear and codes that Ant-Dat
put together a while back.
But no general issues I think you have a nice car
Re: Views On Nissan Primera P11-144 by ziccoit: 1:16am On Aug 28, 2013
austin4real: Hi peepz in the house, i wanna know more abt this vehicle highlighted above. Purchased one a few weeks ago, and took it to the mechanic for servicing and i gotta admit, the review the mech gave me abt the vehicle wuz quite scary... he told me the vehicle always ends up having brain box issues, he advised me to change the radiator from single to double cell, and he also told me to remove the thermostat and stuff like dat. wanna know if anyone has more knowledge abt this vehicle..

It is laughable when an ordinary roadside mechanics is proving to know better than the group of engineers that build a car. He should have joined them if he knew better. Don't ever listen to the destroyer. He is only asking you to destroy your car by changing its factory specs. I want to even advise you not to patronize him henceforth. Take your destiny into your own hand by grabbing your car's owner manual and digest all the available information and follow them by hearth. Join an online community and start equipping yourself with necessary info. Preventative maintenance is the key.

Wishing you an happy motoring.

2 Likes

Re: Views On Nissan Primera P11-144 by elektra80: 6:41am On Aug 28, 2013
So what happens if the incompetent mechanic removes the thermostat and installs the double cell radiator, connects the fans directly so that it runs all the time and then car runs cold all the time and the mechanic thinks the car is running normal. My advice, run from the mechanic, don't ever let him remove ur thermostat or change the radiator. Infact don't let him touch the cooling system of ur car. By the way, what is the temperature of ur car like while running, is it overheating?
Re: Views On Nissan Primera P11-144 by austin4real(m): 7:07am On Aug 28, 2013
elektra80: So what happens if the incompetent mechanic removes the thermostat and installs the double cell radiator, connects the fans directly so that it runs all the time and then car runs cold all the time and the mechanic thinks the car is running normal. My advice, run from the mechanic, don't ever let him remove ur thermostat or change the radiator. Infact don't let him touch the cooling system of ur car. By the way, what is the temperature of ur car like while running, is it overheating?
The vehicle has neva had anycase of overheating, even when its on standstill.. The temp gauge is always on half....
Re: Views On Nissan Primera P11-144 by jum33: 12:32pm On Aug 28, 2013
f
Re: Views On Nissan Primera P11-144 by wwwkaycom(m): 8:58pm On Aug 29, 2013
I use Nissan Primera but this P11-14, me I dont understand o. Can someone help me? Now @op, nissan Primera is one of the best cars you can use. I allowed a Rewire to bypass my fan during my days of ignorance but when I became familiar with this section and read about the effect of such bypass, I went to the Rewire and asked him to restore it by fire by force. Hr told me it wont work well, I am enjoying the car o. Fuel economy na Baba, 20 liters to and fro Ibadan from Akure, 20liters to 356km, Pleaseeeee, dont ever allow any road side butcher destroy your car for you o. I talk my own o.

1 Like

Re: Views On Nissan Primera P11-144 by jum33: 5:55am On Aug 30, 2013
@ wwwkaycom ,hope u can differentiate now .
Nissan primera p10,p11,p11 144 & p12 respectively

1 Share

Re: Views On Nissan Primera P11-144 by wwwkaycom(m): 4:54pm On Aug 30, 2013
jum33: @ wwwkaycom ,hope u can differentiate now .
Nissan primera p10,p11,p11 144 & p12 respectively
Thank you so much, mine is P10
Re: Views On Nissan Primera P11-144 by 735i(m): 2:37pm On Sep 01, 2013
I presently use the P12. Forget all that crap that your mechanic is spewing. The Primera is a horse! Just do your routine maintaince and you'll enjoy your car. Honestly; i don't think my last car (Honda EOD) would have survived the kindda flogging that i put this cute animal to. Despite all the punishment; she still performs!
I'm luving my Primera!!!

1 Like

Re: Views On Nissan Primera P11-144 by austin4real(m): 2:04pm On Sep 02, 2013
Nice one, are there oda experiences wit dis particular vehicle
Re: Views On Nissan Primera P11-144 by jum33: 1:45pm On Sep 10, 2013
Look for the primera with sr20de engine other than the qg18de engine.sr20de is more appealing than the qg18de counterparts
Re: Views On Nissan Primera P11-144 by Joshuagab1987(m): 11:39am On Jun 06, 2019
But I was told that the primera p12 automatic gear always has gear problem and sometimes starting problem

(1) (Reply)

Best Sounding Production Cars(w/pictures) / With The Hidden Topic. Smartchoiice For Moderator / How Much Would You Pay For This 2002 Rav4?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.