Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,515 members, 7,770,315 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 09:02 AM

Scientist Sends Brain Signal Via The Internet To Control Colleague's Hand - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Scientist Sends Brain Signal Via The Internet To Control Colleague's Hand (15668 Views)

Happy Birthday, Albert Einstein!Things You Never Knew About The Scientist / Man Attempts To Control Electric Current / Scientist Uncover "God's Bathtub" In Australia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scientist Sends Brain Signal Via The Internet To Control Colleague's Hand by infonubia(m): 9:55pm On Aug 27, 2013
T-E-K-I-N-O-L-O-G-Y!!

University of Washington scientists Rajesh Rao (on the left) and Andrea Stocco (on the right) claim that they have been able to demonstrate human brain-to-brain communication, a feat that has only been successfully demonstrated between rats and from human to rats.

A University of Washington press release described the experiment as follows:

The team had a Skype connection set up so the two labs could coordinate, though neither Rao nor Stocco could see the Skype screens. Rao looked at a computer screen and played a simple video game with his mind. When he was supposed to fire a cannon at a target, he imagined moving his right hand (being careful not to actually move his hand), causing a cursor to hit the "fire" button. Almost instantaneously, Stocco, who wore noise-canceling earbuds and wasn't looking at a computer screen, involuntarily moved his right index finger to push the space bar on the keyboard in front of him, as if firing the cannon. Stocco compared the feeling of his hand moving involuntarily to that of a nervous tic.

Watch the video below...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNRDc714W5I

Rao and Stocco next plan to conduct an experiment that would transmit more complex information from one brain to the other. If that works, they then will conduct the experiment on a larger pool of subjects.

Their research was funded in part by the National Science Foundation’s Engineering Research Center for Sensorimotor Neural Engineering at the University of Washington, the U.S. Army Research Office and the National Institutes of Health.

It's about time our African governments focused resources on education and research.

By the way, when is the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) strike in Nigeria going to end?

http://www.infonubia.com/2013/08/scientist-sends-brain-signal-via.html

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scientist Sends Brain Signal Via The Internet To Control Colleague's Hand by kingofpool: 10:01pm On Aug 27, 2013
yes am de 1st to say..................end time tinx
Re: Scientist Sends Brain Signal Via The Internet To Control Colleague's Hand by infonubia(m): 11:00pm On Aug 27, 2013
king of pool: yes am de 1st to say..................end time tinx
grin cheesy very soon, we'll too lazy to talk to each other.
Re: Scientist Sends Brain Signal Via The Internet To Control Colleague's Hand by Visocrate(m): 6:14am On Aug 28, 2013
there is no any connection between the human brain and the intermet besides the brain controls the intermet not the reverse
Re: Scientist Sends Brain Signal Via The Internet To Control Colleague's Hand by Visocrate(m): 6:14am On Aug 28, 2013
i can never be controlled by computer not in this life may be in another planet
Re: Scientist Sends Brain Signal Via The Internet To Control Colleague's Hand by infonubia(m): 12:27pm On Aug 28, 2013
Visocrate: i can never be controlled by computer not in this life may be in another planet
smiley smiley wink
Re: Scientist Sends Brain Signal Via The Internet To Control Colleague's Hand by infonubia(m): 12:55pm On Aug 28, 2013
Visocrate: there is no any connection between the human brain and the intermet besides the brain controls the intermet not the reverse

This isn't about interaction between the human brain and the Internet but human-to-human brain interaction. The Internet is just used as a tool that carries the signal from one brain to the other.

1 Like

Re: Scientist Sends Brain Signal Via The Internet To Control Colleague's Hand by kingofpool: 3:00pm On Aug 28, 2013
infonubia: grin cheesy very soon, we'll too lazy to talk to each other.
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

dat wnt mata.....till wen rat control human brain
Re: Scientist Sends Brain Signal Via The Internet To Control Colleague's Hand by infonubia(m): 3:05pm On Aug 28, 2013
king of pool: hahahahahahahahahahahaha

dat wnt mata.....till wen rat control human brain

ah! That would be really weird. I don't see that happening though..lol
Re: Scientist Sends Brain Signal Via The Internet To Control Colleague's Hand by kingofpool: 3:10pm On Aug 28, 2013
infonubia:

ah! That would be really weird. I don't see that happening though..lol
hw would u see dat, wia our end nl memberx made us to knw dat soon hunted animalx ll be huntin de hunterx
Re: Scientist Sends Brain Signal Via The Internet To Control Colleague's Hand by infonubia(m): 3:17pm On Aug 28, 2013
king of pool: hw would u see dat, wia our end nl memberx made us to knw dat soon hunted animalx ll be huntin de hunterx
grin grin grin grin On some Sound Sultan
Re: Scientist Sends Brain Signal Via The Internet To Control Colleague's Hand by crystalballs: 3:50pm On Aug 28, 2013
my brain controls my computer.
Re: Scientist Sends Brain Signal Via The Internet To Control Colleague's Hand by caesaraba(m): 3:50pm On Aug 28, 2013
Come una don d carry this matter go another level o!

Next thing it will be somebody controlling another person to slap someone. Sci - fi things coming into reality.
Re: Scientist Sends Brain Signal Via The Internet To Control Colleague's Hand by 4reigningqueen: 3:51pm On Aug 28, 2013
good
Re: Scientist Sends Brain Signal Via The Internet To Control Colleague's Hand by everyday: 3:52pm On Aug 28, 2013
scientist no go kill person
Re: Scientist Sends Brain Signal Via The Internet To Control Colleague's Hand by oluebubesyd(m): 3:52pm On Aug 28, 2013
End time things. grin grin grin
Re: Scientist Sends Brain Signal Via The Internet To Control Colleague's Hand by BedLam: 3:52pm On Aug 28, 2013
I know one day mankind will spend a thousand years on this earth...... no old age, no death, I love my generation!
Re: Scientist Sends Brain Signal Via The Internet To Control Colleague's Hand by optimusprime2(m): 3:53pm On Aug 28, 2013
I thought I'd never say this, but....
"Endtime"
Re: Scientist Sends Brain Signal Via The Internet To Control Colleague's Hand by 190theclown: 3:54pm On Aug 28, 2013
meaning i can send brain messages via the internet to GEJ to push $200,000,000 into my GTB domiciliary account

nice one

Ibeg who get him email address

1 Like

Re: Scientist Sends Brain Signal Via The Internet To Control Colleague's Hand by alphaconde(m): 3:54pm On Aug 28, 2013
Hey mate, what's the time?

Endtime
Re: Scientist Sends Brain Signal Via The Internet To Control Colleague's Hand by iterator25: 3:54pm On Aug 28, 2013
I have a dream, that one day, humans will wash car for chickens

1 Like

Re: Scientist Sends Brain Signal Via The Internet To Control Colleague's Hand by bigx(m): 3:54pm On Aug 28, 2013
This is evuuuuul,

Imagine controlling Jona's mind.

Dangote go be toy
Re: Scientist Sends Brain Signal Via The Internet To Control Colleague's Hand by Nobody: 3:55pm On Aug 28, 2013
kai!! see wetin gej don cause for naija
Re: Scientist Sends Brain Signal Via The Internet To Control Colleague's Hand by Stegomiah: 3:55pm On Aug 28, 2013
Brillance!
Re: Scientist Sends Brain Signal Via The Internet To Control Colleague's Hand by EverestdeBliu(m): 3:55pm On Aug 28, 2013
hit "like" if u believe that JESUS rules over all sciences

25 Likes

Re: Scientist Sends Brain Signal Via The Internet To Control Colleague's Hand by Nobody: 3:56pm On Aug 28, 2013
Signs of the end times.
Re: Scientist Sends Brain Signal Via The Internet To Control Colleague's Hand by FOLYKAZE(m): 3:57pm On Aug 28, 2013
I have a dream that one day, zombie will invade human communities
Re: Scientist Sends Brain Signal Via The Internet To Control Colleague's Hand by Nobody: 3:57pm On Aug 28, 2013
Science is a learner where mysticism is, brain2brain and soul2soul communication dates back to ancient days, and is very much in use today by those who desire favors. Its simple exercise possibly accomplished at quietest hours of the nights. Dont ask me how.

3 Likes

Re: Scientist Sends Brain Signal Via The Internet To Control Colleague's Hand by brownlord: 3:57pm On Aug 28, 2013
Where all this students dey when suntai come Nigeria? Now suntai wife don begin use this same experiment take control taraba state
Re: Scientist Sends Brain Signal Via The Internet To Control Colleague's Hand by RAYCEtrey: 3:58pm On Aug 28, 2013
good

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Meteorite Crashes In Russia. Intercepted By Missiles / How To Activate Mtn 200mb For N50 And 1gb For N250 Data Bundle / What Do You Call This Domesticated Fowl In Your Dialect?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.