Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,209 members, 7,807,703 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:43 PM

Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law (30386 Views)

Osinbajo And Malami In Turf War Over $1.3billion Malabu Scam - Premium Times / The Coming War Over Fulani / Odinkalu, Fani-kayode In Twitter War Over Hate Speech. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by MrAladin: 8:42am On Aug 28, 2013
berem: Abortion should be decided by the pregnant lady. It's a personal decision.

what do u take God for??

He is the giver of Life n in his sight n d sight of man abortion is a grievious sin

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by Nobody: 8:48am On Aug 28, 2013
Mr. Aladin:

what do u take God for??

He is the giver of Life n in his sight n d sight of man abortion is a grievious sin
Tell me something! it's because of men like you that the word abortion exists. If only you men accept your responsibility by fathering your unborn children. No woman will ever think of committing abortion.

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by Dibiachukwu: 9:00am On Aug 28, 2013
So okorocha is sponsoring a bill to kill Igbo babies. May God arrest everybody that is planning to destroy our land with this abomination. The right of the baby is above the right of the mother.

4 Likes

Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by borntolive(m): 9:01am On Aug 28, 2013
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by Nobody: 9:04am On Aug 28, 2013
Dibiachukwu: So okorocha is sponsoring a bill to kill Igbo babies. May God arrest everybody that is planning to destroy our land with this abomination. The right of the baby is above the right of the mother.
Do you know how many igbo foetuses have been aborted so far? Why do you wanna blame Okorocha? Am not in support of abortion, but it should be a personal decision of the pregnant woman.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by aryzgreat: 9:06am On Aug 28, 2013
Desric: And what is the essence of banging if you aint ready to make babies? if you protect yourself, you are as well killing a baby or were the Siemens made to be wasted? Don't you know they are also babies as well? Since you can't stop everyone from the pleasure of having s*x, then why not support the bill? Of course heaven won't fall and hell won't be locked up.
Hypocrites and bloody hypocrites that's what these doctors are, Go to their families, if their daughters or relatives have a bastard baby, they will disown and stigmatise against her and tell her that the baby can't bear their family name yet they are against safe abortions.
Please you guys should say something else and leave heating up the polity unnecessarily. Abortion has being illegally legal over time as it is a very common practice almost everywhere around our country or the only evil of this bill is that it has the courage to pen it down as a law and female right in Imo state? No wonder they say " Failure to reward success is another form of encouraging Mediocrity" and as usual Nigerians are the Masters when it comes to celebrating Mediocrity so I am not surprised at all.

Ur point is? Abortion is MURDER! Fornication is sin, adding murder to it has severe punishment. If a gal is raped, its not her fault bt her sin will be greater if she decide to kill d forming child. Life cycle begins from conception, so s foetus has soul. If she doesn't want d child let her brace up give birth and take d child to any motherless babies home. She won't av any blame fo doing so.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by Gboliwe: 9:07am On Aug 28, 2013
chukwudi44:

Because either way humanm life is involved.It is like an armed man shooting an armed robber to death for self defence,then it is not murder but when you shoot an unarmed man it becomes murder.

By the way even when the mothers life is threatened she still has the option of scrificing herself to save her baby.People have done it in the past.

I know a particular catholic saint in italy who did that.She offered to die to have her baby.
you are contradicting yourself. Read again your 1st post that I quoted and read this one again and tell me what you mean
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by Reptyle(m): 9:12am On Aug 28, 2013
I-B.:
For whichever reason, abortion is not an option. angry
Killing "nations"(babies) and calling it abortion for flimsy excuses. angry

Would you feel better if they call it something else?
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by Reptyle(m): 9:26am On Aug 28, 2013
SELENAqueensy: Neva believed abortion was such an evil ting until i read a book "souls of the aborted babies" :' ;(

am really againt dat shit... If u aint ready 2 make babies, den quit fu*ckn or use protection.
Stop depriving d babies thier chance 2 live

Say no to abortion!!

I agree with the emboldened.

But what of situations where you are ready to have children but the pregnancy is a threat to your life? What of situations where you are a victim of rape? The law as I read in the OP is specific about situations where a woman can decide to legally procure an abortion.

May you never fall into any of those situations.

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by Abagworo(m): 9:30am On Aug 28, 2013
The use of condom is also a sin going by some. Logic being propagated here. The Catholic Church is also against condoms.

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by Okijajuju1(m): 9:34am On Aug 28, 2013
FINALLY... Okorocha gets one right..

Good law..

I believe that every woman (Emphasis on Woman.. Meaning Adult Female over 21) should have the right to abort a pregnancy if she so chooses.

In a country where we do not have any social welfare programmes, people are suffering, poor Healthcare system, poor Foster care system, poor special needs care system, I think this is very welcomed. The Catholic church should go and sleep well and focus on their own internal problems of Priests fvcking Kids..

Berem!! Your douchebag governor boyfriend finally gets one right after 3 years in power..
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by samtin(m): 9:35am On Aug 28, 2013
Itoroetti :

Don't mind that I'd.iot.
He thinks he owns the whole wide world.

gradually antichrist is settling amongst us.... from homosexuals/lesians to abortion... WHAT A LEGAL WAY TO COMMIT MURDER... so sad sad sad sad sad
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by Nobody: 9:38am On Aug 28, 2013
Okija_juju: FINALLY... Okorocha gets one right..

Good law..

I believe that every woman (Emphasis on Woman.. Meaning Adult Female over 21) should have the right to abort a pregnancy if she so chooses.

In a country where we do not have any social welfare programmes, people are suffering, poor Healthcare system, poor Foster care system, poor special needs care system, I think this is very welcomed. The Catholic church should go and sleep well and focus on their own internal problems of Priests fvcking Kids..

Berem!! Your douchebag governor boyfriend finally gets one right after 3 years in power..
smh.... don't let me quarrel with you Okija. angry
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by thehomer: 9:38am On Aug 28, 2013
I'm with Okorocha on this one. He is making this law in the best interests of the people of his state. Imo state isn't owned by Catholics.
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by biafranqueen: 9:38am On Aug 28, 2013
Dibiachukwu: So okorocha is sponsoring a bill to kill Igbo babies. May God arrest everybody that is planning to destroy our land with this abomination. The right of the baby is above the right of the mother.
how about those sold from baby factory? Just asking
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by thehomer: 9:38am On Aug 28, 2013
Saraben: Abortion is simply murder no 2 ways abt it

Abortion is not murder.
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by saintkola(m): 9:41am On Aug 28, 2013
I see nothing wrong with this law.. Last time I checked Imo wasn't a 100% christian state so those catholic doctors should either resign if their religion doesn't allow them to perform their duties to the state or they should all take a chill pill!
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by thehomer: 9:41am On Aug 28, 2013
I-B.:
For whichever reason, abortion is not an option. angry
Killing "nations"(babies) and calling it abortion for flimsy excuses. angry

So no abortion even if the person pregnant is a 12 year old child raped by her step-father?
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by sagekellz(m): 9:42am On Aug 28, 2013
It's a good law to me,coz its specific. Lets not be oblivious of the fact that most women have their lives endangered during pregnancy,n abortion is usually the remedy n only resort. Also,in my understanding,young girls are not women,i think women r married females. The law doesn't use 'girl' or 'lady' bt 'woman'
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by Emmanuel602(m): 9:43am On Aug 28, 2013
Reptyle:

Seems to me like the law is specific about instances where abortion can be procured. What's the fuss?
lolz this is Nigeria dont you know that the law will be badly abused?

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by Nobody: 9:44am On Aug 28, 2013
Garri the 1st: These Catholic doctors should go and sleep joor.

The Law specifically mentions situations in which a woman can legitimately seek abortion. Women must of course have necessary rights to determine what happens to their body.

If a lady is RAP£D and becomes pregnant she has a right to abort the pregnancy if she so desires.

Nigeria isn't a Christian state, hence Christians should know that even the bible's stance on abortion is binding only on conscientious christians and shouldn't form the law of a state.

cool cool
God bless you,my brother. You just hit the nail on the head
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by Garrithe1st: 9:44am On Aug 28, 2013
Mr. Aladin:

Oh I Can't Stop weeping For U.
I can Imagine D pain ur parent are going through havin u as a child

.......And your parents are actually gnashing their brown teeth wishing this law had been passed earlier so they'd have been spared the agony of having a M0R0N like you as a child....

grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by MaziOmenuko: 9:45am On Aug 28, 2013
I know some people will jump to comment without reading to digest the post.

Maxymilliano:

The law is evil, what if he were aborted?

How did you miss this part...

Abagworo:
According to the new law, every woman shall have the right to enjoy reproductive rights, including  rights to medical abortion in cases of sexual assault, rape, incest and where the continued pregnancy endangers the life or the physical, mental, psychological or emotional health of the mother.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/08/okorocha-catholic-doctors-at-war-over-abortion-law/
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by mascot87(m): 9:45am On Aug 28, 2013
How I wish most of you supporting abortion should have been aborted by your parents,then you wouldnt be in this world not to talk of coming to nairaland commenting to support abortion. God is watching cry

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by timmy(m): 9:45am On Aug 28, 2013
Guys chill, its a choice. The bill states that every woman has the right to how she conceives. Im sure after this bill is passed. The Imo state Govt. will setup health care bill with shrinks and accredited agencies to carry this abortion.
I support it. you don't want to know how many young mothers from randy pedophiles are out there.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by Nobody: 9:48am On Aug 28, 2013
I was a pregnant Virgin Until Saturday 24th of August .....when I aborted my child...Only Medical practitioners can understand this ...May God forgive me.
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by shininglite(m): 9:48am On Aug 28, 2013
I wonda y a normal human wud say abortion is not murder. D world is racing towards destruction.
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by berryldilty(f): 9:48am On Aug 28, 2013
abortion is a sin against God. you are fornicating and you got pregnant, you want to add to your sin and commit abortion which is murder. you are busy bleeping everything in skirt, got a girl pregnant you cant take up the responsibility of fathering the child and you tell her to abort it and she agreed which is murder, you were molested and eventually got pregnant and you want an abortion and you want to abort the baby because of the stigma and trauma, its murder. you are a parent and your daughter gets pregnant and you advice her for an abortion which is murder, you are a parent and your son got a girl pregnant and you support your son into convincing the lady into abortion which is murder, you are having a complication at the pregnancy stage and the only way to save your life is abortion which is murder. from all angles and indications, you committed MURDER. who told you that when you cry to God during your pregnancy complications that he wont save you? let me ask you all that is supporting abortion in one way or the other, if your mum had aborted you, will you be who you are today? think before contributing.

3 Likes

Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by Adex097: 9:48am On Aug 28, 2013
Nigeria is a secular state!!!

*dazall*
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by biafranqueen: 9:48am On Aug 28, 2013
Reptyle:

I agree with the emboldened.

But what of situations where you are ready to have children but the pregnancy is a threat to your life? What of situations where you are a victim of rape? The law as I read in the OP is specific about situations where a woman can decide to legally procure an abortion.

May you never fall into any of those situations.
are the Doctors against molestation of children never heard from them on that one. How about new born baby exchanged for Naira in the baby factory? Have they came out against not helping these children secure education freely and also helping youth find jobs to keep them busy. this is all these doctors can get busy withWe can say don't have sex until married but until we fix a system where girls are not asked to exchange money for grades or job security and even to eat we are just putting a band aid on shot gun wound. They should talk to the politicians and church leaders how they are the main ones arranging these abortions with girls they are busy impregnating. I am for waiting for marriage to have sex but that is not reality of this new generation. If you make it illegal then it will still be done unregulated and dangerously in some non medical facility lets tell ourselves the truth. Those siding with the doctors I hope you are supporting motherless baby homes I suggest that you do because those children are in need. In fact I need help supporting the one in Nnewi. No Catholic Church doctor sees them for free when they fall ill so please go and support these homes then you can come back here to pass judgement!

1 Like

Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by Nobody: 9:48am On Aug 28, 2013
chukwudi44:

Because either way humanm life is involved.It is like an armed man shooting an armed robber to death for self defence,then it is not murder but when you shoot an unarmed man it becomes murder.

By the way even when the mothers life is threatened she still has the option of scrificing herself to save her baby.People have done it in the past.

I know a particular catholic saint in italy who did that.She offered to die to have her baby.
but what if she wants to live? Have you askd urself dat question?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Why Sunday Igboho Can’t Be Extradited To Nigeria - Lawyer / 2023: Shekarau Warns Southern Governors To Stop ‘Ganging Up’ Against North / Labour Minister Suspends MC Oluomo, Baruwa’s NURTW Factions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.