Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,020 members, 7,806,989 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:15 AM

Politics Chat Room - "The Beer Parlour" - Politics (120) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Politics Chat Room - "The Beer Parlour" (164939 Views)

Oby Ezekwesili Blasts Nigerian Senate, Calls It Gathering Of "Beer Parlour Chat" / Politics Chat Thread, Discuss Nigerian Politics Here But Dont Get Picked Up / First Lady, Aisha Buhari Closes Beauty Parlour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) ... (128) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Politics Chat Room - "The Beer Parlour" by donphilopus: 10:13am On Jan 13, 2015
@Koboko69, I was also surprised he closed the thread. The reason for closing that thread does not make any sense at all. So he doesn't know there's anything called "counter" thread? Must Koboko69 make his contribution on the already filled up thread? The best thing to do was to open a new thread on that as it's done in Romance Section.

Take for example, a bae opens a thread in Romance Section with the subject: "Why Jobless Guys Should Not Be Taken Seriously" and if a guy has some reasons they should be taken seriously, he would need to open a new thread for that: "Why Jobless Guys Should Be Taken Seriously". If he does that, would any Mod go close the thread and ask the guy to go post the write-up on the already existing thread? Is that not what they call counter threads? We demand an apology from Ngwakwe and as a matter-of-act unlock that thread!

Cc Seun, Obinoscopy, Lalasticlala, Ishilove, Maclatunji.

1 Like

Re: Politics Chat Room - "The Beer Parlour" by koboko69: 10:17am On Jan 13, 2015
donphilopus:
@Koboko69, I was also surprised he closed the thread. The reason for closing that thread does not make any sense at all. So he doesn't know there's anything called "counter" thread? Must Koboko69 make his contribution on the already filled up thread? The best thing to do was to open a new thread on that as it's done in Romance Section.

Take for example, a bae opens a thread in Romance Section with the subject: "Why Jobless Guys Should Not Be Taken Seriously" and if a guy has some reasons they should be taken seriously, he would need to open a new thread for that: "Why Jobless Guys Should Be Taken Seriously". If he does that, would any Mod go close the thread and ask the guy to go post the write-up on the already existing thread? Is that not what they call counter threads? We demand an apology from Ngwakwe and as a matter-of-act unlock that thread!

Cc Seun, Obinoscopy, Lalasticlala, Ishilove, Maclatunji.
seun has reopened the thread. Ngwakwe is just too partisan. Spits
The did has been done. He has blocked people from commenting when they would have.
Re: Politics Chat Room - "The Beer Parlour" by donphilopus: 10:23am On Jan 13, 2015
koboko69:
seun has reopened the thread. Ngwakwe is just too partisan. Spits
The did has been done. He has blocked people from commenting when they would have.

I was just about posting a comment and discovered it had been locked by him. Nice one @ Seun.

Don't also forget to move the thread of Jonathan's inability to distinguish between January 13th and FeBuhari 13th to the homepage since you guys were quick to move that thread that was aimed at ridiculing Buhari to the homepage!

2 Likes

Re: Politics Chat Room - "The Beer Parlour" by oleole90(m): 1:03pm On Jan 13, 2015
obidio:
WHAT YOU DON’T KNOW ABOUT PA MUHAMMADU BUHARI:
In 1988, Pa Buhari and his first wife Safinatu got divorced. In December 1989, Buhari got married to his second and current wife Aisha (née Halilu) Buhari. They also have five children together. One boy and four girls. They are Aisha, Halima, Yusuf, Zarah and Amina.
He abandoned his first wife, and on 14 January 2006, Safinatu Buhari, the former first lady of Nigeria and Buhari's (first wife), died from complications arising from diabetes, which is not medically known as a terminal disease. She was buried at Unguwar Rimi cemetery in accordance with Islamic rites without Pa Buhari in attendance. In November 2012, Pa Buhari's first daughter, Zulaihat (née Buhari) Junaid died from sickle cell anaemia, two days after delivering a baby at a Hospital in Kaduna. By Islamic law, Pa Buhari is allowed to have four wives; Nigerians are yet to know how many wives he has…Do we know this man? ‪#‎CitizenNigeria‬ Vote@VictoriousGEJ2015

[color=#000099][/color]
[img][/img]

His friends are not among the best of MEND either

1 Like

Re: Politics Chat Room - "The Beer Parlour" by baby124: 6:14pm On Jan 13, 2015
Re: Politics Chat Room - "The Beer Parlour" by Cehfreris: 5:27pm On Jan 15, 2015
Please I'll like to be that barman, barman de hardly drink and I don't like drinking; drinking likes me grin.

Knot that tie, have that look you admire and be the admired. Check it out http://cehfreris..com/2015/01/could-this-be-reason-you-dont-dress.html
To look cool no be crime ‪#‎wink‬
Re: Politics Chat Room - "The Beer Parlour" by jovialmum(f): 11:14pm On Jan 15, 2015
Abe g I need Ompa
Re: Politics Chat Room - "The Beer Parlour" by finallytalking: 12:39pm On Jan 16, 2015
BUHARI’S BALLS OR LACK OF

As much as General Buhari comes across as a respectful and arguably sincere political septuagenarian, there is still something disturbing about his desperation to get into Aso Rock.

Looking at General Buhari’s antecedence while he was a onetime head of state, one can say of a certainty, definitely – NO. He can never be the solution to the insurgency issue in the country. This was a head of state who was more or less a figure head or perceived as weak and at best described as a puppet as all issues of governance then was carried out by General Tunde Idiagbon, his Chief of staff supreme Headquarters.

FACT

General Buhari remains the only Head of State who was overthrown but was not killed or exiled. He was sitting pretty at home in the country when the coup happened, he was not outside the country, he did not put up a fight, he simply sat put and did absolutely nothing, no resistance at all, most probably that was why he was not tried in any of those “kangaroo” courts then or jailed but given a gentleman’s pat on the back of “house arrest”
In retrospect, let us look at what happened to other military head of states who were overthrown in coups like himself?
1, Aguiyi Ironsi – (1966) KILLED.
2, Yakubu Gowon – (1975) OUT OF THE COUNTRY WHEN HE WAS DEPOSED
3,Murtala Mohammed – (1976) KILLED.
4. Olusegun Obasanjo – HANDED OVER TO CIVILIAN GOVERNMENT
5. Mohammadu Buhari – (1985) TUNDE IDIAGBON WAS OUT OF THE COUNTRY
6, Ibrahim Babaginda – FOILED EVERY COUP ATTEMPT TO OUST HIM FROM POWER.
7, Sani Abacha – FOILED EVERY COUP ATTEMPT TO OUST HIM FROM POWER.
8. Abdulsalami Abubakar - HANDED OVER TO CIVILIAN GOVERNMENT
In comparison with his Chief of Staff Supreme Headquarters, General Idiagbon, who was not in the country when the coup happened and when he was told not to come back, he said he will and did – that is a man.
General Buhari then was younger and as a military head of state, he could not hold his own, is it now in his twilight years (old age), under a democratic government that he can profess to have the balls to fight an insurgency in Nigeria?
This is most laughable as this can be likened to the proverbial adage that say – “You had a strong man with the cutlass in his hands on the ground, you could not dispossess him of the cutlass, is it when he stands up you can take the cutlass from him”?.
It is unfortunate that the electorate always tend to forget the past records but let me ask this primordial question, why is that regime always referred to as “The Buhari/Idiagbon” regime? Why don’t we refer to Babangida/ who regime? Or Abacha/ regime? The answer is very obvious; we all know who was in charge.
General Buhari has never really governed this country Nigeria and so it beats my imagination that a man who could not stand up and be counted, can now come up with a nebulous claim that he would end insurgency in Nigeria if voted into power. I know the Nigerian electorate is not so gullible to believe the falsehood.
Re: Politics Chat Room - "The Beer Parlour" by mumumugu(m): 4:25pm On Jan 16, 2015
"Aye"
Le le le
Le le le le le le le
A le le
A le le o le
[Chorus:]
Aa yeee
(Oya shekele)
Aaa yeee
Cause you want my blood o

we no want general
She no want buhari
we say na jona oooooo
he belong to meee
And I belong to him o
buhari
You go killie somebody
They say u have changed
but I dey see blood for your eyes o
Aa for your eyes o

im trouble pass mourinho
She dey vex like marado
mario balo

he like e my blood
he like e my blood
Her favorite killer na spartacus o
spartacus o

And hes to old to see
too old to see I see
buhari just show me ur wassce
Come show me ur wassce
Aaa
Cause nobody imprisons like u do
Nobody can kill e like u do
Nobody can vex e like u do
Nobody can kill e like u do

chorus

[Verse 2:]
The baddest!
Buhari you the baddest
u dey hide ur your asset
sabi bite like suarez
Emergency!

Chorus

https://mumumugu./2015/01/15/davido-latest-song-on-buhari/
Re: Politics Chat Room - "The Beer Parlour" by biolamoshood: 5:28pm On Jan 16, 2015
Febuary 14 election is not btw JONATHAN and
BUHARI its btw JONATHAN vs relatives of the
CHIBOK GIRLS, vs all innocent graduates that were
murdered during the last immigration exam, vs
iyanya, kano and other bomb blast, its an election
btw JONATHAN and all the failed small business that
has been short down due to shortage of power
supply, its an election btw JONATHAN and all those
who lost their love ones during health workers strike,
JONATHAN vs all those university undergraduates
who has spent more than their stipulated years in
school due to strikes, JONATHAN vs general masses
who are suffering from the clueless decision of his
government, finally JONATHAN vs me .As for me am supporting and voting for
BUHARI even if he tenders NEPA bill as certificate.
JONA, you will fail by FeBUHARI 14 # GBAM
Re: Politics Chat Room - "The Beer Parlour" by MaziOmenuko: 7:30pm On Jan 16, 2015
Mods, delete this thread and issue ban to the Op for breaking rule 8:

https://www.nairaland.com/2097047/update-onitsha-second-niger-bridge/2

gratiaeo:
Chino stop misreading nairalanders, work have not started on 2nd niger bridge.
This is where chino got his pictures.
loko oweto bridge

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=663176&page=17

Cc seun, ishilove, obinoscopy, lalasticlala

**edited
Thanks @lalastic; I hope you gave him the maximum jail time.
Re: Politics Chat Room - "The Beer Parlour" by AwakeNigeria: 2:33pm On Jan 17, 2015
While being entertained, also join the conversation and crusade to change Nigeria for the better. See something, say something. Vent your spleen, contribute your comments and ideas to help build/save Nigeria. Visit www.awakenigeria1..com
You are welcome!
Re: Politics Chat Room - "The Beer Parlour" by spunkinated: 1:29am On Jan 18, 2015
Does General Buhari Has Prostrate Cancer?

https://secure.saharareporters.com/sites/default/files/styles/normal_medium/public/Buhari_one.png?itok=BSOYrWRJ
As 2015 general election draws closer, the truth about the All Progressive Congress presidential candidate, General Muhammed Buhari health as begin to unfold.
Emerging on Saturday, a medical reports obtained from the Ahmadu Bello Teaching Hospital (UBTH) shows Buhari has been diagnosed with prostrate cancer in late 2014.

A doctor at the hospital, pleaded for anonymity as he reveals this to newsmen that visited the hospital for further information.

He said “The case of Gen. Muhammadu Buhari is a serious medical condition as it has got to the levels of that of an elevated prostate-specific antigen (PSA).

According to research, prostrate cancer is said to be slow-growing and is the second leading cause of cancer in men, after lung cancer according to NCI.
Buhari-Medical-report-AB
It could be recalled that Buhari slumped during one of his presidentail rally.
Re: Politics Chat Room - "The Beer Parlour" by omoalajah(m): 1:42am On Jan 18, 2015
Re: Politics Chat Room - "The Beer Parlour" by jamesadonai(m): 5:15am On Jan 18, 2015
Listenm to this radio statiomn on amos 12335 v 27500 or online @ http://radiobiafra.co/index.php#
Re: Politics Chat Room - "The Beer Parlour" by okpoewa(m): 9:58am On Jan 20, 2015
bar man give everybody one bottle of origin for PDP and APC head!
Re: Politics Chat Room - "The Beer Parlour" by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jan 20, 2015
hmmm jst passing by
Re: Politics Chat Room - "The Beer Parlour" by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jan 20, 2015
okpoewa:
bar man give everybody one bottle of origin for PDP and APC head!
I've not gotten mine oooo

1 Like

Re: Politics Chat Room - "The Beer Parlour" by Nobody: 11:20am On Jan 21, 2015
Buhari will end NairaBet!!!
Say NO to APC!!!
grin
Re: Politics Chat Room - "The Beer Parlour" by leookagbare: 2:59pm On Jan 21, 2015
Have you guys heard....there is now a website that you can bet money for either buhari or jonathan which of them will win the election...and d most wonderful thing is that, if you bet 1k u will get 100 k if you win...the name of the site is below
http://www.reekwhat.
Re: Politics Chat Room - "The Beer Parlour" by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jan 21, 2015
https://www.nairaland.com/2105799/busted-buhari-forged-wasc-result
Why did you close the thread above? Did you notice the link you gave isn't same as the subject matter of the above thread?
Respect yourself and open the thread @oam4j angry
Re: Politics Chat Room - "The Beer Parlour" by zaragozafather: 3:16am On Jan 22, 2015
Tell me why we will not support GEJ
Re: Politics Chat Room - "The Beer Parlour" by jennixyluv: 7:32am On Jan 22, 2015
Re: Politics Chat Room - "The Beer Parlour" by Seamareggae(m): 1:10pm On Jan 22, 2015
Re: Politics Chat Room - "The Beer Parlour" by ngoziiwenofu1: 5:08pm On Jan 23, 2015
enifex:
Blame Buhari for Lagos traffic – Minister The Minister of State for the Federal Capital Territory, Jumoke Akinjide, says the people of Lagos State should blame the presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, Maj.Gen Muhammadu Buhari (retd.) for the heavy traffic motorists face every day.
She said when Buhari was the Head of State between December 1983 and August 1985, he terminated the Lagos Metroline project initiated by the Alhaji Lateef Jakande administration to ease traffic in the metropolis. ADVERTISEMENT
- See more at: http://nairaland.com/blame-buhari-for-lagos-traffic-minister/#sthash.JmhNs3ep.dpuf
Re: Politics Chat Room - "The Beer Parlour" by ngoziiwenofu1: 5:18pm On Jan 23, 2015
GMB that twarted an important project during his regime as minister of federal capital territory. Is he the person you want to come and rule us? Please think back before you cast your vote. GEJ is the man. PDP is the the party.
Re: Politics Chat Room - "The Beer Parlour" by ngoziiwenofu1: 9:23pm On Jan 23, 2015
PDP is not even concerned about GMB's health or certificate. All those ones na for him pocket. Come rain come shine GEJ is the president. There is nothing like change in our dictionary. All we know is CONTINUITY. PDP power! Power to the people, PDP. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan is the president.

(1) (2) (3) ... (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) ... (128) (Reply)

Late Abba Kyari With His Beautiful Family (Photo) / Jega Live On NTA: INEC Stage Is Set For The Announcement Of Presidential Result / The Black Africans Who Ruled Europe From 711 To 1789 - Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.