Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,480 members, 7,808,748 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:18 PM

10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert - Romance (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert (39662 Views)

8 Signs You're His Side Chick But Not His Girlfriend / Seven Reasons Why You Should Date A Shy Or Introvert Girl / Reasons Why You Should Date A Shy And Introvert Guy. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by Didi8: 8:57am On Sep 02, 2013
Am an introvert. Its not a challenge for me because though I spent time with people I try to make it brief; too much time with other people brings up gossip and foolish talk. And I don't really give a damn if anyone thinks its a sin. I am a poet and it makes me happy.
Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by UyiIredia(m): 10:52am On Sep 02, 2013
For the most part, the write-up describes me well. I am an introvert but can, on occassion, be extrovert.

1 Like

Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by Spiff20(m): 11:35am On Sep 02, 2013
Bimpss: I've always been a proud introvert, I never really understood why people think they need to be surrounded with crowds of friends in order to survive.
u ar right baby u dnt nid 2 many people 2 survive nd be happy jst a few who knw ur worth nd appreciates it
Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by Spiff20(m): 11:58am On Sep 02, 2013
Am an introvert no.1,8,9 n 10 clearly defines me. D problem is i always want 2 socialize nd make friends bt i lack social skillz 2 do so nd am always shy nd scared i tend 2 jealous extroverts at times. I luk calm buh my close frds knw am a talkative nd a funky guy, my online frds lik me alot cos i thril dem alot wit jokes,poetry nd advice. I lik bein an introvert 2 sum extent buh i stil wana socialize i tink i nid help
Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by Nobody: 11:59am On Sep 02, 2013
I'm guilty of all, but i dnt wana stay dat way. Anyway out?
Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by thinka2: 12:20pm On Sep 02, 2013
Good!
Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by Hopez456(m): 5:04pm On Sep 02, 2013
playah P: Introverts are just people that are too lazy to make d extra effort towards coNnectin with others!
This is one of the misconception extroverts have against introverts, introverts are not lazy connecting with others, we just do not want or fancy some people, jst like to be left alone. Using myself as an example, I like being in my room doing things I love, hates parties or outdoor events. Bro, that's our nature we can't change over night!

1 Like

Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by Cathaliya: 5:19pm On Sep 02, 2013
shoo, so na intro I be....na wa o.
Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by Nobody: 6:06pm On Sep 02, 2013
Cathaliya: shoo, so na intro I be....na wa o.
Love your handle sis, reminds me of Colombiana (don't know if i still get d film title right).
Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by Cathaliya: 7:21pm On Sep 02, 2013
delightful1:
Love your handle sis, reminds me of Colombiana (don't know if i still get d film title right).
yea, coined from there.
I love that character.....her shi.t is so tight, so on-point
Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by MicSmith: 7:31pm On Sep 02, 2013
How can someone hate parties! Hate is a strong word!
Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by adexsimply(m): 7:43pm On Sep 02, 2013
MicSmith: How can someone hate parties! Hate is a strong word!
Ok..what about, "I dislike parties"? I can count the number of parties I have attended since I grew up, I always find one excuse or the other
Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by lilcutie8916(m): 7:56pm On Sep 02, 2013
i am definitely an introvert i hardly asociate and if i do i always make myself the head of any group i am in. i can say that i have attended a total of 2 weddings since i can remember.
Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by Nobody: 8:12pm On Sep 02, 2013
lilcutie8916: i am definitely an introvert i hardly asociate and if i do i always make myself the head of any group i am in. i can say that i have attended a total of 2 weddings since i can remember.

shocked so there's some1 am better than? Have attended a total of 7 weddings all my life. And all are my siblings and close relatives. I hate crowd and all the ceremony stuffs .
Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by Imprida(f): 11:23pm On Sep 02, 2013
its so me. cry
Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by Nobody: 12:25am On Sep 03, 2013
Cathaliya: shoo, so na intro I be....na wa o.

Negative. You come off as extro.
Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by Nobody: 12:26am On Sep 03, 2013
Imprida: its so me. cry

Lwkmcheesy
Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by Nobody: 8:03am On Sep 03, 2013
Cathaliya: yea, coined from there.
I love that character.....her shi.t is so tight, so on-point
Lol. I so love the her,and the name is so niceee.
Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by Hopez456(m): 9:12pm On Sep 03, 2013
I have only atttended a wedding ceremony nd it was that of my elder Bro, last 3 yrs ago. Had I my way I wouldn't have attended bt my parents forced me to attend. I didn't do anything that day I hide myself in the car watching them from a distance. I didn't feature in the pics and videos. My bro's wife didn't know I exist until after some months.
Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by omotolatutu: 8:26pm On Sep 04, 2013
Hopez456: I have only atttended a wedding ceremony nd it was that of my elder Bro, last 3 yrs ago. Had I my way I wouldn't have attended bt my parents forced me to attend. I didn't do anything that day I hide myself in the car watching them from a distance. I didn't feature in the pics and videos. My bro's wife didn't know I exist until after some months.
Eh! Nawa o! God i thank you o.... Dis one pass me o. Come 2 tink of it i still get d best attention 4rm people becos i put dat lovely, sparklin, dazzling smile on face @ all tym. Hwever am mre of a listener and i got great skills to get tins fixed up or proffer solutns 2 probs
Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by Hopez456(m): 9:28pm On Sep 04, 2013
omotolatutu:
Eh! Nawa o! God i thank you o.... Dis one pass me o. Come 2 tink of it i still get d best attention 4rm people becos i put dat lovely, sparklin, dazzling smile on face @ all tym. Hwever am mre of a listener and i got great skills to get tins fixed up or proffer solutns 2 probs
I have got some admirable qualities too, most people want to be my friend but I critically choose my friends, who I talk too, bt if u strike up a conversation with me and I find you knowledgeable or versed we can talk for hours. I jst don't like attending ceremonial events cos I dnt fancy it, it add nothing to my life. even my last dept dinner that i attended forcefuly, I regretted attending it, all what they did that night was jst meaningless to me. I guess my own extreme introversion is due to my astrological sign 'Taurus' I have observe other taureans too we have same thing in common.
Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by write2obi(m): 12:38pm On Sep 08, 2013
Tex42: And who said Being an introvert is a sin? For crying out loud one can choose to live one's life the way one chooses,I mean we're adults, we have to watch our words, mind the friends we keep;bottom line, being discreet pays.
What exactly are you talking about?
Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by write2obi(m): 12:49pm On Sep 08, 2013
agrovick: Na today yansh don dey back? Av alwaiz knwn myself to be an introvert but my own introvert like women die
welcome to the club grin
Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by Stephxoblessed(f): 1:04am On Sep 16, 2014
Lols, I am 70% guity .my quiet time is so precious to me that i cnt trade it for anything. I never miss it anyday.
Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by addempsea(m): 3:07am On Sep 16, 2014
ganase2: In this age and time, being an introvert does not seem to be what anyone easily admits to....readily, everyone is trying to prove they have the requisite social skills of an extrovert.

Between, here are funny but real reasons why you just might be an introvert...do read on!

1. You think before you talk and check before you chat
Sort of the right thing to do huh?...You have a consistently running internal monologue that screens every word before it drops from your mouth. Not a fast speaker there...You screen your chats too severally, before you send them...lol.

2. You go to parties -– but not to meet people.
Nooo...you may not necessarily be hanging out alone...but meeting new people is rarely the goal of attending a party. You simply get in your safe harbour- looking out for your friends and hanging out with them.

3. Great speaker, fearful mingler
You may not be shy...infact, you can give a great speech in front of 500 people but mingling with them one-on-one afterwards is a huge problem.

4. You hate idle chatter
You can be in a room with room mates with them discussing on a topic without necessarily making a contribution...you hate small talk not because you hate people but because they seem meaningless to you.

5. You are self conscious
Since you are not doing most of the talking, you are doing most of the observing and hence, assume that everyone is observing you in the same way...judging the way you speak, your accent etc....whereas, they might not necessarily be doing so,

6. You like extreme sitting positions
When you have to sit at a bench, you don't sit in the middle because you don't like being surrounded by people on all sides. In church, you prefer the extreme rows of seats to the middle ones.

7. You dread audience participation
You prefer a talk or a lecture to a discussion or interaction. If you must be involved in the latter, you must have been informed earlier so that you can "compose yourself".

8. You've been accused severally of not keeping in touch
The funny part is that you cannot fathom why someone who called you three days back would call you and say something like; "You have forgotten me abi..."and you're like, "Are we supposed to be talking everyday"?....you also do not like midnight, except its utterly the last resort. For you, it's too much time to waste on "nonsense talk".
You screen all your calls and you may not pick up your phone even from people you like only to call them back as soon as you’re mentally prepared and have gathered the energy for the conversation.

9. You're a Writer
...a good one at that. Or sometimes, a poet. You prefer to put your ideas in writing than to speak them because the former gives you the opportunity to perfectly choose your words and structure your thoughts.

10. Friends made you and not the other way round
Check out the list of your closest and distant friends and you'd realize that they made more efforts at being your friend than you did at the initial stage before you settled into the friendship.

If you can boast of some of these qualities, then check again...against your initial judgement, you just might be an introvert!

http://www.tutubranch.com/2013/08/funny-introvert-signs.html

twitter @tutubranch
So, im an introvert. I exhibit all ten signs. Wow!
Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by addempsea(m): 3:09am On Sep 16, 2014
delightful1:

shocked so there's some1 am better than? Have attended a total of 7 weddings all my life. And all are my siblings and close relatives. I hate crowd and all the ceremony stuffs .
wah if i said i haven't attended any?
Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by anthoniaz(f): 12:36pm On Sep 16, 2014
I hate gatherings. I keep to myself because I only feel comfortable around people I'm used to.I can flow very well on a phone conversation but once I am with the person face to face, I'm careful as per what to say or not.Some people say I'm a proud person, some say I am unfriendly. I love being on my own, though some times I get lonely.
Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by Tonia500(f): 10:50am On Oct 06, 2014
i don't think its a bad thing naw.............the funny part of me is that i don't talk to my boyfriend when am with him but through chatting
Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by Tonia500(f): 10:51am On Oct 06, 2014
anthoniaz:
I hate gatherings. I keep to myself because I only feel comfortable around people I'm used to.I can flow very well on a phone conversation but once I am with the person face to face, I'm careful as per what to say or not.Some people say I'm a proud person, some say I am unfriendly. I love being on my own, though some times I get lonely.
same thing with me namesake,they think we are proud
Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by Manweysabi(m): 12:09pm On Oct 06, 2014
Majority of Nairalanders are introverts... starting from the owner of NL.

75% of those addicted to NL are introverts, me inclusive.
Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by anthoniaz(f): 12:13pm On Oct 06, 2014
Tonia500:
same thing with me namesake,they think we are proud

Yeah...God help us.
Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by Nobody: 1:41pm On Oct 06, 2014
#Guiltyofall. Except online. I do want friends. And its bad to be the only introvert in the room.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Lady Destroys Her Boyfriend’s Properties Over Suspected Infidelity (Photos) / Is It Possible To Be In Love And Still Cheat On Your Spouse? / When A Lady Gives You A Fake 'Green Light'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.